• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
On one hand - great, the original art was beyond atrocious. :)
On the other - confirmed no keys for Grouupes bundle buyers. :(
Also Unity and not Ren'Py? WTF?

Yup, for better or worse. On one hand, great they're putting a lot of effort into the Higurashi Steam release, with new art, a new translation using a new engine to make it available on more platforms easily.

On the other, since its a new version of the game now, Groupee bundle buyers will definitely not be getting Steam keys.

Though nice of them to be giving the new translation steam keys to those who bought the game on their site.

Jawmuncher

Higurashi_002.png

Turns out Higurashi for Steam release WILL be getting new art, and feature new effects and such as the game is being made in Unity to port it out to multiple platforms.

First Chapter of the visual novel will release on Steam later this year, you can also buy the original game with the updated translation from their website, and people who bought the original game from their website will get the new translation and updated version at no cost at all.

Thank God.
Was really thinking of skipping the game over the originals artwork.

Ban Puncher

Higurashi_002.png

Turns out Higurashi for Steam release WILL be getting new art, and feature new effects and such as the game is being made in Unity to port it out to multiple platforms.

First Chapter of the visual novel will release on Steam later this year, you can also buy the original game with the updated translation from their website, and people who bought the original game from their website will get the new translation and updated version at no cost at all.

tumblr_mpzd8oQQgg1saes1ro1_400.gif

Day One.

AHA-Lambda

Higurashi_002.png

Hmm, might give it a look. I remember watching the anime and enjoying it overall.

Tizoc

Higurashi_002.png

Do we get a steam key if we purchase from their website?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

higurashi.gif

Pure Horror for all the wrong reasons.

If it's wrong, I don't want to be right.
Am happy they're updating the artwork of the original though.

People don't like R07's art?

Uncultured swines.

I enjoyed the cuddly slime monsters the game features.

It's official, this thread is more creepy than the PSN Thread / underage miley cyrus thread.

Higurashi is a horror mystery game disguised as a moe kawaii-desu game, it also spawned a popular anime. Honestly it's quite grotesque.

Zafir

Awww, but didn't you think the original artwork was kawaii?

1395947410696.jpg

Certainly helped the horror tone of the game, in its own ways.
Hah, the old art grew on me.

I'll never forget Rena's dead eye'd stare. It was so simplistic but it worked, somehow.

0.jpg

Was the best image I could find but even that's low quality. :(

I should really finish the story at some point. I think I read the first three and never completed it.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Just a few minutes to go. Kevin Spacey and stuff.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (nbnt, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge -- MB-C00E3904D3569EB0 - Taken by xeris. 9 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare -- MB-029EA62A55EE8EA6 - Taken by AngerdX. 88 entrants total.

t1405873571z1.png

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I know I must be out of the loop at this point, and I hear their names getting thrown about everywhere, but who are the yogscast? Aren't they just some MInecraft Youtube channel? How come they're so popular?

because minecraft ...

Danj

Woah, a Call of Duty Kevin Spacey Edition giveaway, you don't see that every day (yeah I know I'm a few pages behind, this thread moves fast).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom