• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

I know I must be out of the loop at this point, and I hear their names getting thrown about everywhere, but who are the yogscast? Aren't they just some MInecraft Youtube channel? How come they're so popular?
Easy answer: kids and people who like minecraft and guys who talk while playing minecraft.
That game sure was a thing. Saya's
voice
creeps me out when I remember it.
I am still slighty creeped out by very green rooms.

q4IHRPz.png
Why you do this speevy? How can you not be sure I am a horrible person and don't deserve this?
It's was even on my wishlist. I cannot thank you more than with words. Thank you kindly.
The anime. Everyone should experience it. It will complete your life.
No thanks. I feel I can't get any more complete after finishing the anime.
Didn't want to spoil anything, so I didn't read your impressions post. But I'll give it a try again. The first 3 eps. were so peaceful, I am interested in how this harem anime garners so much love.
Higurashi_002.png

Turns out Higurashi for Steam release WILL be getting new art, and feature new effects and such as the game is being made in Unity to port it out to multiple platforms.
First Chapter of the visual novel will release on Steam later this year, you can also buy the original game with the updated translation from their website, and people who bought the original game from their website will get the new translation and updated version at no cost at all.
This new artstyle is so very pleasing to my eyes. And I hear only praise for Higurashi. This is on my to-watch-out-for-list now.
Looking forward to your - as usual - great impressions Dusk Golem.

Turfster

Man, so many pages this morning, and almost all of them horrific =p

Indiegala July Madness Happy hour (2 bundles for 5.59) is on for 7 more hours.
Gamergate is doing a Space Hulk 75% off sale, including all the DLC.

Man ever since m&ms stopped offering the $6 mastercards I've been winning just about everyday on at least 2 phones. at least i'm cutting my cable bill down but I would have been happier with Gaben Bucks instead.

Also, I was tempted to enter my own MGR giveaway because I don't even own it and originally meant to buy it for myself.

Danj

Why you do this speevy? How can you not be sure I am a horrible person and don't deserve this?
It's was even on my wishlist. I cannot thank you more than with words. Thank you kindly.

You must be literally the only person in the world who didn't already own that, it's been dirt cheap and on sale in the past several sales.

Zafir

I know I must be out of the loop at this point, and I hear their names getting thrown about everywhere, but who are the yogscast? Aren't they just some MInecraft Youtube channel? How come they're so popular?

Well, Minecrafts popularity made them popular for making those videos. Now they have a rather large company, and a load of different channels with different people creating content.

Deitus

I think they do more than just Minecraft, but that's probably the reason they are so popular. Kids are really into that Minecraft thing these days.

Sky Chief

Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sky Chief:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sky Chief, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Destiny PS4 US Beta -- MB-F7CE4E049105FDBC
Destiny PS4 US Beta #2 -- MB-01660B68B5CD0093 - Taken by Avellon. 1 entrants total.

t1405873989z1.png

Gangxxter

I think they make a lot of different Let's Plays these days and kids love their LPs.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hiiii SteamGAF :3 just woke up. Did I missed anything?

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare giveaway, there was news that Higurashi is getting new artwork in the Steam release version as well as a new translation, then discussion of Higurashi and then Saya no Uta, and now people saying this thread is creepier than some other creepy threads.

Obviously I love to bring the creepy in, but I think some people are misunderstanding Higurashi and Saya no Uta as loli kawaiidesu moe games, when they're actually
disgruntled, messed-up, atmospheric with good music horror
games, Saya no Uta more than Higurashi but both are good at what they do.

Andrefpvs

Higurashi_002.png

Turns out Higurashi for Steam release WILL be getting new art, and feature new effects and such as the game is being made in Unity to port it out to multiple platforms.

First Chapter of the visual novel will release on Steam later this year, you can also buy the original game with the updated translation from their website, and people who bought the original game from their website will get the new translation and updated version at no cost at all.

Aww yisss!

Sky Chief

Such an incredible game! I only have the game on PS3 so I will be following the new thread's advice and entering myself ;)

Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sky Chief:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sky Chief, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE #2 -- MB-15D61093603240AA - Taken by Kanokare
t1cxE6r.gif
METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE -- MB-B9D0B1077914AB59 - Taken by hitmon

t1405884312z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
How are you feeling?
You didn't miss much, apart from a Collar Spacey giveaway and lots of creepy waifu bullshit.

My head feeling a little buzzy..? Even when I move it or turn. It feel painfil, my knee and ankle hurt like crap but I'm okay :).

Honestly for the longest time I didn't like Spacey because I thought he was terrible in Superman Returns. But he's usually a great actor.

Dusk Golem

Hahahaha. WTH is going on here?

My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute.

It was an anime that got internet famous from gifs and such, it was actually surprisingly okay despite a few questionable things. However, the show has an ending most HAAAAATE, most of the show there is very little to no suggestion of incest, but the show went the incest route out of the blue at the end, made even stupider by a number of other reasons. The little sister the show is titled off of is literally the most annoying character on the show and the show teases you for a while that he may be going with best girl, making a lot of people salty. Anime Internets reaction to this was rather hilarious.

Turfster

Is it the heat that is making people post all these shitty gifs?
Please stop, guys.

Just hold on for 27 more minutes, then we can all complain about the Skyrim DLC not being discounted =p

Andrefpvs

It was an anime that got internet famous from gifs and such, it was actually surprisingly okay despite a few questionable things. However, the show has an ending most HAAAAATE, most of the show there is very little to no suggestion of incest, but the show went the incest route just out of the blue out of the end made even stupider by a number of other reasons. The little sister the show is titled off of is literally the most annoying character on the show and the show teases you for a while that he may be going with best girl.

It's amazing how much truth one single post can contain
(if by best girl you mean Kuroneko)

It was an anime that got internet famous from gifs and such, it was actually surprisingly okay despite a few questionable things. However, the show has an ending most HAAAAATE, most of the show there is very little to no suggestion of incest, but the show went the incest route out of the blue at the end, made even stupider by a number of other reasons. The little sister the show is titled off of is literally the most annoying character on the show and the show teases you for a while that he may be going with best girl, making a lot of people salty. Anime Internets reaction to this was rather hilarious.

Is it really that out the blue when it's the show's freakin' name?

lmpaler

Everyone hates the Little Sister who is the main female. She's a character who deserves to be bayoneted.

This makes me glad I never watched anime lol.

Anyways, time to play a bit and run some errands. Keep it real Steam GAF

Durante

Higurashi_002.png

So this is now a third set of Higurashi sprites? (Different from both the original and the console version?)

Anyway, great news, Higurashi deserves a solid translation and visuals.

GeDoSaTo doesn't work with this
No, GeDoSaTo works, the game simply doesn't support resolutions higher than 1080p.

Dusk Golem

Is it really that out the blue when it's the show's freakin' name?

It shouldn't be, but the show offers an explanation for its name outside of the obvious early on and trust me when I say it teases better possibilities, it's one of those things you had to be there to truly understand it, or watch it not knowing the outcome. And the outcome is even worse than you might expect, though saying why wouldn't make sense in context.

Turfster

There's a Bandai-Namco sale on GMG, EU only and quite possibly region locked for most of them.
  • Ace Combat Assault Horizon 63% off
  • Star Trek 67% off
  • Ridge Racer Unbounded 50% off
  • Inversion 50% off
  • Hexodius 50% off

i don't like yogscast

because I'm still salty about that humble bundle

Oh yes. Man, that was another clusterfuck =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom