• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSPssp

Are Steam keys bought on ebay generally reliable?

I've had no problems with the keys I've gotten off ebay. Ebay will protect you if the key doesn't work. But make sure the seller has feedback from over several months to be safe.

Some scammers buy games with stolen credit cards and when chargebacks occur the game will be removed from your account. This might happen months later after your ebay protection expires and the money might be long gone.

Most sellers are fine though, just check feedback and make sure they've been around for a while. Even better are sellers who also sell physical items, they're more likely to be legit.

Edit: To be clear, scammers are rare on Ebay, I don't want to make you think its a large problem.

Arthea

So, did anyone check Indeigala for me? I'm getting this screen. The red circled area is where the keys usually appear.

pic

I've turned off adblock, used different browsers, including.... Internet Explorer *shudders* and I can't make keys appear. Will have to try their customer support I think unless it's a temporary glitch on the site.

You could contact their customer support, if you are sure it's not problem on your end. They are super nice and fast at fixing things.
I couldn't access couple of bundles I bought from them over the years, they solved problems in minutes, literally.

Turfster

Are Steam keys bought on ebay generally reliable?
If it's ever been in a bundle, you're being ripped off, hard, usually.
And then there's the stuff bought with stolen credit cards.
Or the AMD vouchers that are broken up into more than the cost of a 3 game voucher for only one of the games.

I did watch a 40 minute demo of it, I forget who posted it or where it was posted though, I think it might have been Toma or More_Badass but I can't really remember. The conversation system looked interesting, really hoping that it turns out to be great.
You and me both.
I don't want to get lynched by you guys ;)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Have you checked your gamecount lately?
Why suddenly you begin to show some common sense when there is no need for it whatsoever! SC and TC need you! You don't wanna know how it all ends?

contrary to what my gamecount shows, im not jasec, i dont buy games full price i wont play imediately. sale price, thats another story

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Trails in the Sky is amazing btw, but like I said, I already finished it. How much is it going to be anyway, 15 I assume?

Trails in the Sky went straight to #1 on my wishlist, beating out Dead Rising 3.

I've already got the PSP version on my Vita, too.
Same here for the wishlist, but I've never actually had the chance to play it xD
Trails in the Sky is amazing btw, but like I said, I already finished it. How much is it going to be anyway, 15 I assume?
20, 15% discount for the week of release.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
At first I was hoping this was from the Phil Collins R&B tribute album: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_Renewal_(tribute_album) (For anyone who may have missed the existence of this.)

Honestly, the sign that they completely missed the point with Calling All Stations is when they tried to market it as competition for Radiohead. I remember that was part of some marketing blurb they used at the time and it was just astonishingly misjudged.

(I do have the album. I like it for the surprises it throws at you as a Genesis listener. Still remember blowing my friend and fellow fan away with the end part of "Congo," and "Alien Afternoon," which we agreed is quite possibly their least characteristic song ever.)
Didn't know about that album, lol. That sounds weird!

I never listened to Radiohead. Or, more accurately, a coworked made me listen to two of their albums and I didn't like them at all, so I never paid them any further attention. Didn't know either that Calling All Stations was marketed as competition for that band.

I like SOME songs off it, like the title track and There Must Be Some Other Way but the rest is pretty bleh, IMHO.

Also, you don't like "Nursery Cryme" and "The Lamb..."? Damn son, they're amazing albums. The Lamb might be a bit of an acquired taste (ESPECIALLY if you compare it to both its predecessor and its successor) but once it opens up and you begin to immerse yourself in the details and the textures... it's really satisfying.
The problem with Lamb is that many songs sound... strange. Like, there's no melody at all, or it has lots of weird noises ("The grand parade..." and "Waiting room"). Others sound pretty similar to me, to the point where I can't even remember which one I'm listening to (happens in the latter part of the album), or I understand the melody but fail to appreciate it. I'd really like to enjoy it, but I can't.

As for Nursery Cryme, it isn't that bad, but some songs don't do anything for me ("The musical box", "Fountain of Salmacis" and "Harlequin"), and a few are even ugly ("The return..." and "Harold the barrel"). I can tolerate listening to the album, but I find it way worse than Tresspass. I even like the debut album a lot more, despite being quite simple.

:(

I like "Calling All Stations."
It could have been better, but I still think its pretty decent.
Great, now we are two!

Welp, time for TF2.

Beelzebubs

You can't copy/paste the empty area?

Nah, I checked the source code of the page, the keys were non existent.

You could contact their customer support, if you are sure it's not problem on your end. They are super nice and fast at fixing things.
I couldn't access couple of bundles I bought from them over the years, they solved problems in minutes, literally.

Yeah I'll contact them, just thought it a bit weird and though other people may be having the problem as I've never had issues with the site before.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Avatar changing is the name of my existence in the steam thread.since it's always what I use as a identifying mark. January when everyone was using their real pics was a nightmare.

Yeah. At least people like JaseC have the decency to keep a consistent theme.

Is there a way to see a record of friend requests I've sent on Steam? I wouldn't want to ever send a friend request to a gaffer and have them end up having already received one in the past and rejected it or something, lol.

If it's ever been in a bundle, you're being ripped off, hard, usually.
And then there's the stuff bought with stolen credit cards.
Or the AMD vouchers that are broken up into more than the cost of a 3 game voucher for only one of the games.

Getting Divinity (hopefully) for £16.May well be cheaper than that by the time I get round to playing it, but oh well.

I'd be happy topay RRP for it if there was a demo and I liked it, but I've never played a isometric RPG before

Yeah, I bought TitS day one on the PSP. Sadly, I never got around to it (and part 2 getting indefinitely delayed put a damper on me wanting to play it as well).

So, yes, I will again buy this game again (on day one) in the hopes that the other chapters get released.

looking forward to it, because now I have time to play it.

Rhaknar

$20 isnt amazing considering how old Trails is :/

and it certainly puts it out of double dip territory

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for Applesauce:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Applesauce, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

HItman Absolution -- MB-CB8E1FF57E8CA8F1 - Taken by Kirosia

BiggNife

Has anyone tried that new Velvet Sundown F2P game? I literally can't play it. I clicked on the tutorial mission once and then the menu disappeared but I was still stuck on the title screen with nothing to do. I restarted and even reinstalled but I still get the blank screen.

Apparently it's kinda crappy anyway but man I wanted to at least try it myself

Tektonic

For the one person who doesn't have it yet. :)

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tektonic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thief Gold (Steam) -- MB-365396D7078F483B

t1406075372z1.png

kierwynn

I've been waiting anxiously for Trails in the Sky, so I am super excited that it's finally releasing on steam. Unfortunately, it's being released at a time I can't really spare any money. Disappointing, but what's another month of waiting. I've made it this long. lol

SSPssp

I have the physical PSP disk of Tits that I only played for 30 minutes, I think. I'll definitely get this to get around the slow UMD loading, but I'll wait for a steam sale probably.

Rhaknar

Yet you'll be doing another DR3, Divinity OS, Mordor, Witcher 3 and Shovel Knight giveaway.

what a weird thing to be attacked for but...ok? yes I spend money on shit not for myself and then dont buy shit for myself because I think its too much

sorry?

edit: and thats not even true, I do buy shit for myself, just not double dips I already finished for $20... is that so weird?

Speevy

Banned
Did you guys know this just came out today?

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

OlliOlli- -- MB-6CA393EE5D2A1212 - Taken by AScotAbroad. 72 entrants total.

t1406085392z1.png

http://giant.gfycat.com/ThoroughCanineBlackbear.webm

Man the framerate challenge is cool. I need to plug a controller for this or the mouse cause the touchpad of the laptop is a no no.

What game is that?

No. I've never been one to succumb to peer pressure. I mean, have you checked my avatar lately? :3

what a weird thing to be attacked for but...ok? yes I spend money on shit not for myself and then dont buy shit for myself because I think its too much

sorry?

Yeah, what the fuck, right?

Rhaknar

Are we talking league of retards?

DS2. Mages got nerfed badly aswell from what I hear

so whats the word on the DLC, how do you access it? can I do it on my 2 new game+ dudes that are still both relatively early on?

edit: ooh a FLCL avatar :eek:

wow i dunno when but miracles got nerfed hard

In the most recent patch last week.
Were there miracles actually worth using? I dropped all my faith when I respec'ed.

DS2. Mages got nerfed badly aswell from what I hear

so whats the word on the DLC, how do you access it? can I do it on my 2 new game+ dudes that are still both relatively early on?

Covered earlier, but I like you so...
It's accessed from the room with the primal bonfire in Black Gulch
just beyond where you fought The Rotten
It's supposed to be good from what people are saying in here so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom