• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Did he make a deal with you to control modbot?
Also, what else has he won?

Witcher 3 from me again (over 250 entrants) and Killer is Dead (200 entrants again), dunno if he won anything else.

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that my Witcher 3 giveaway during the summer sale was the most entered in Modbot's history

pahamrick

Dead Rising 3 -- MB-79D89B2DC6243F60 - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 118 entrants total

HMl9qzn.gif

S9OQl84.gif
Karma reigns supreme. Grats FiveElementNinja, and thanks again for the chance Sub Zero.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
If anyone wants some Destiny Beta codes for the 360, I have some extras:
ModBot said:
Instructions for Daedalos42:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Daedalos42, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Destiny Beta (360) #2 -- MB-2904845E6C1FB2C1 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind
Destiny Beta (360) -- MB-24BE9162EAAD898B - Taken by Gravelord_Nito

Won this on an earlier raffle! But thank you bluechox2!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ogedai_Khan:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ogedai_Khan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-05DAF31F4EAEB72D - Taken by freshVeggie. 4 entrants total.

t1406072974z1.png

epmode

So has Steam stopped automatically updating games for anyone else? I'll often look at my games list to find "Update queued" all over the place. Games will only update if I restart the Steam client or if I force the update by double-clicking the game.

I'm in the beta branch, if that matters. And all of my games are set to auto-update.

What did they do to the poor song? It... it hurts.

At first I was hoping this was from the Phil Collins R&B tribute album: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_Renewal_(tribute_album) (For anyone who may have missed the existence of this.)

Honestly, the sign that they completely missed the point with Calling All Stations is when they tried to market it as competition for Radiohead. I remember that was part of some marketing blurb they used at the time and it was just astonishingly misjudged.

(I do have the album. I like it for the surprises it throws at you as a Genesis listener. Still remember blowing my friend and fellow fan away with the end part of "Congo," and "Alien Afternoon," which we agreed is quite possibly their least characteristic song ever.)

Exuro

Holy crap I won Divinity: Original Sin. This is extremely pleasant after all the stress I've been going through finding a new apartment. Installing now!

Altazor

who said they liked Calling All Stations, but to me it's a good album. Nowhere near their best, but I like listening to it.

I like SOME songs off it, like the title track and There Must Be Some Other Way but the rest is pretty bleh, IMHO.

Also, you don't like "Nursery Cryme" and "The Lamb..."? Damn son, they're amazing albums. The Lamb might be a bit of an acquired taste (ESPECIALLY if you compare it to both its predecessor and its successor) but once it opens up and you begin to immerse yourself in the details and the textures... it's really satisfying.

Ventara

Stump posted the top 5 giveaways with the highest entrants once. I can't seem to find it, but I recall a few with over 300 entrants.

redlacs

So has Steam stopped automatically updating games for anyone else? Games will only update if I restart the Steam client or if I force the update by double-clicking the game.

I'm in the beta branch, if that matters. And all of my games are set to auto-update.

i'm not in beta and it updates ok. havent restarted steam whole day and Chivalry just downloaded 1gb patch

Arthea

So has Steam stopped automatically updating games for anyone else? I'll often look at my games list to find "Update queued" all over the place. Games will only update if I restart the Steam client or if I force the update by double-clicking the game.

yup, for me too.

Copons

Holy crap I'm waiting barely awake for the TF2 game at 2AM (Eurotime = only time) and I'm laughing hard for the fact that tonight my internet is the slowest it's ever been and I'm kinda scared to see what kind of ping I'm gonna get in game, with the concrete possibility of having wasted 2 hours of sleep for not being able to play. :'(

Ventara

When's the TF2 game night starting again? And do I need to join anything, or do I just start the game and join whatever server you guys are playing on?

Athleon

Started getting into CS:GO today. Played 2-3 competitive matches and I sucked a little less than I expected so that's something. It's really embarrassing when you fuck up big time though, with the whole team yelling at you!

Tizoc

I haven't heard anything about this game. Would you mind writing up some impressions and screen shots so we get the gist?

I think Shadow Hog's review on the Steam Page of the game will suffice, as he played the beta and put 20 hours into the game ;)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/shadowhog/recommended/248310/

Ever owned a Genesis as a kid? Remember all those fun platformers you played on it along with Sonic? This game is an amalgam of all the good stuff from those games, topped with a fantastic 16 bit graphics and presentation.
Best part? You can eiter play th entire game wih story cutscenes OR without them! A feature tat DuckTales remastered really needed.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I've tried! (Also, it's pretty much out, 17 hours to go)
I'll bet nobody even clicked on that podcast link I pasted yesterday =p

I clicked it :p

I didn't actually get around to listening to it though. Too much X-com.

I did watch a 40 minute demo of it, I forget who posted it or where it was posted though, I think it might have been Toma or More_Badass but I can't really remember. The conversation system looked interesting, really hoping that it turns out to be great.

What's up with the Trails In The Sky hype? Did I miss any news?

It's got a store page now.
Comes out on the 29th.

What did they do to the poor song? It... it hurts.

Awesome, it's my favorite album too! There's not a single moment I don't enjoy, which is funny considering I hated it the first time I heard it 4 or 5 years ago. Collins' voice did change, yeah, so he couldn't sing in the same soft style as before. That said, he still had some beautiful mellow tunes.

I don't know, I've never found anyone who said they liked Calling All Stations, but to me it's a good album. Nowhere near their best, but I like listening to it.

:(

I like "Calling All Stations."
It could have been better, but I still think its pretty decent.

In other news, played some of Freedom Planet, and I'm really liking it...its what Sonic 4 should have been.

Beelzebubs

So, could someone please check Indeigala for me? I've purchased the newest bundle (B17) and I'm getting this screen. The red circled area is where the keys usually appear.

SdpS1l8.png

I've turned off adblock, used different browsers, including.... Internet Explorer *shudders* and I can't make keys appear. Will have to try their customer support I think unless it's a temporary glitch on the site.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Thanks Nito :) but if you tell me how to do it myself I would appreciate it. Which program do I have to use? I rather not bother anyone for some simple resizing stuff..

You could use gimp which is free and its rather easy to learn with youtube. You are not bothering since I actually like keeping myself busy and Im not really doing anything these days.

Also look how pretty.
i4DmLv3hKfau4.png
izXvTSUd1vpQm.png
iAKE248vFXJrT.png

epmode

So, could someone please check Indeigala for me? I've purchased the newest bundle (B17) and I'm getting this screen. The red circled area is where the keys usually appear.

SdpS1l8.png

I've turned off adblock, used different browsers, including.... Internet Explorer *shudders* and I can't make keys appear. Will have to try their customer support I think unless it's a temporary glitch on the site.

You can't copy/paste the empty area?

yup, for me too.

I'm glad it's not just me I guess. Been this way for a few days now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom