• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
Dark Souls 2 has been sitting unplayed since the day I bought it because I was waiting for someone to do an overhaul that fixes the problems I heard were present in the console version.

Jawmuncher

DS2. Mages got nerfed badly aswell from what I hear

so whats the word on the DLC, how do you access it? can I do it on my 2 new game+ dudes that are still both relatively early on?

edit: ooh a FLCL avatar :eek:

Ahhh. Guess I'll go with a melee class then.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dark Souls 2 has been sitting unplayed since the day I bought it because I was waiting for someone to do an overhaul that fixes the problems I heard were present in the console version.

what problems are those? I had no issues with the PC version

I thought the Zeno Clash games were all melee based? But you have a gun. WTF?!

there is a lot of shooting in zeno clash, more than melee really. The guns are all quite fucked up looking too

Trejik

So is Planet Explorers any good?

And, is anyone here into Dungeon Defenders? The discount on Eternity for owners of the original is tempting. Only played the original release content and loved it. If there's people from here that want to join up for some DD fun, speak!

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
what a weird thing to be attacked for but...ok? yes I spend money on shit not for myself and then dont buy shit for myself because I think its too much

sorry?

edit: and thats not even true, I do buy shit for myself, just not double dips I already finished for $20... is that so weird?

I don't think there was any intended malice behind his comments, only friendly teasing.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I thought the Zeno Clash games were all melee based? But you have a gun. WTF?!

Zeno Clash has both gunplay and melee combat. You should try playing the games and see for yourself what you have been missing out. As I've said before about the games. They are flawed but they are entertaining and really impressive scope for indie games.

Anustart

Made it to Solitude in Skyrim, still really liking the game. Feel like there's a ton of stuff to do! Though I'd much rather be playing Fallout 4 :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ah ok, thought it was already with all the talk about $20 with 15% off.
Hope they don't convert that to 20 euros.

they didnt so good on them (unlike shadowblade reload and freedom planet recently... et tu indies?)

edit: wait it has no price yet...what am I thinking of then? :(

zkylon

zkylewd
Are we talking league of retards?
nope :I

but you're more than welcome to talk about it with me whenever you want <3

In the most recent patch last week.
Were there miracles actually worth using? I dropped all my faith when I respec'ed.
just the lighting spear ones and sunlight blade, i think lighting spear got the cast count reduced very heavily but i may be misremembering

i respecc'd back to my dex/faith build just to see how the defender sword nerfs were but thankfully seems to be pretty strong still

i just thought that playing a mage was kinda boring since i couldn't max out neither my moonlight blade or the wisdom staff

Firebrand

Hrrrm... tempted to pick up the DS2 season pass from Nuuvem and join in while online is at its most active... but so burned out on Souls right now. Got Demon's Souls but I can't force myself to finish it.

I want to spoil as little of the DLC but I probably should check up on these changes I hear you talking about. Faith nerfs probably means a respec is in order, but it's probably for the best since it was at least in PvE crazy powerful against a lot of bosses.

Zeno Clash has both gunplay and melee combat. You should try playing the games and see for yourself what you have been missing out. As I've said before about the games. They are flawed but they are entertaining and really impressive scope for indie games.

Huh -- I did try the original for a bit and thought it was full melee all the time... got tired of it not far into it.

You're gonna collect the hell out of those cards.

I already got two yesterday when I played a bit.
My impressions:

It really reminds me of old Segagames, but just played for about an hour. It is really fun and maybe the comparison would be:

"If Shovel Knight is the NES equivalent of Megaman, then Freedom Planet is the Genesis equivalent of Sonic."

I just think the music isnt as memorable, but thats maybe just my nostalgia about sonic.

Ryne

Please winner, post a review after playing this. I'm on the fence:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ryne, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Halfway -- MB-9092B30F3BCA3752 - Taken by Corpekata. 46 entrants total.

t1406086594z1.png

Hrrrm... tempted to pick up the DS2 season pass from Nuuvem and join in while online is at its most active... but so burned out on Souls right now. Got Demon's Souls but I can't force myself to finish it.

I want to spoil as little of the DLC but I probably should check up on these changes I hear you talking about. Faith nerfs probably means a respec is in order, but it's probably for the best since it was at least in PvE crazy powerful against a lot of bosses.

How much is it on Nuuvem?

Wow. This looks complicated.

Ventara

And, is anyone here into Dungeon Defenders? The discount on Eternity for owners of the original is tempting. Only played the original release content and loved it. If there's people from here that want to join up for some DD fun, speak!

How much is the discount? I just see the 25% off. Is that it?

Awesome giveaway! And I'd have a review up in an hour if I got it. Just saying.

Speevy

Banned
Unless the game is being hailed as some groundbreaking genre-busting leader, they can do better than a small discount for an early access game.

I played it for about 60 hours with my gf. When Shards of Eternia came out though we were a bit burnt out by the game though. Its not bad though.

With the current 10% discount it's R$45, or ~£12 / ~$21 / ~&#8364;15,50 (PayPal currency conversions tend to be pretty crappy).

Bought the main game there and have had no problems with it.

Thanks. Hard to decide now whether DS2 DLC or TitS.

I wish i could be as generous as some of the other cool people in this thread, but here is my attempt! (Also, Millennium 2 was bought because someone didn't take it off his wishlist...)

I will mention, the 2 mystery games were not intended to be mystery games. They are Noitu Love 2 (This game is awesome and if you don't have it you should enter!) and Universe Sandbox, in that order. SO, RAFFLE AWAY MODBOT!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Gunstarheroes:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gunstarheroes, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MbmDY6z.png

Millennium 2 -- MB-F64470CD768E05A0 - Taken by dot. 9 entrants total.
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-4B5DBC707A71C43F - Taken by kurahador. 6 entrants total.
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-AC9B7C2D67FF023C

t1406087313z1.png

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
via anonymous

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (alr1ght, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Deus Ex: Invisible War -- MB-13330190047E36C3 - Taken by adriano999

Speevy

Banned
I remember way back when Deux Ex Invisible War was released for the original Xbox.

Those Xbox guys wanted something more streamlined for their console experience.

They didn't want it either.

Rhaknar

Data Hacker Initiation keys are now available for Groupees Ajay's bundle

indieroyaleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee /shakesfist

same bundle had toxic bunny, also not available. and people shit on indiegala, these are just as bad

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. This looks complicated.

That's one of the reasons why it looks good to me. I'm hoping that it's complicated but once you figure it out, it's fine.

I'm looking forward to Rhaknar's eventual impressions like he said he would post.

(Also, Millennium 2 was bought because someone didn't take it off his wishlist...)

;_________;

It's been 2 days since I sent that email to Aldorlea, the developer of the game, and I still haven't received a reply yet. I didn't want to forget about it.

indieroyaleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee /shakesfist

same bundle had toxic bunny, also not available. and people shit on indiegala, these are just as bad

I know that feel.

Trejik

Oh. Wait. I thought you were talking about Shards of Eternia.
Now I see there is a "new" one...

Hm. Is it a remake?

No no, it's the "GOTY" edition. All of the DLC for the original (which I never played), new missions, rebalanced endgame, new security for online and exclusive item unlocks for Dungeon Defenders II. Considering the deep discount for current owners, it seems mighty tempting as a "spend a bunch of hours" game.

Rhaknar

That's one of the reasons why it looks good to me. I'm hoping that it's complicated but once you figure it out, it's fine.

I'm looking forward to Rhaknar's eventual impressions like he said he would post.

first and only thing ill play tomorow, will report back

If you don't have TF2 installed it. you got about 45 mins to hurry it up :p

O6FKW47.png

When we are playing: Estimate Time
t1406073600z1.png

Server IP: Quote to Reveal

damn...

well I have installed for next time!

I love it. I think "Entangled", "Many too many" and "Fading lights" are masterpieces. Hell, I even like some of the Ray Wilson stuff, such as "Not about us" and "One man's fool".

I posted some other Collins' era songs I like earlier today.

brofit

love me some Collins'

Beelzebubs

Well that was interesting, got completely lost as knew none of the maps used which got a bit frustrating getting my ass constantly handed to me by the people who did. Figured I'd better quit before I raged :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom