• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

adaen

O6FKW47.png

When we are playing: Estimate Time
t1406073600z1.png

Server IP: Quote to Reveal

Can I get an invite to the Game Nights group? I might join if my ping's not too bad.

Edit: Thanks.

Sky Chief

Take 'em if you want 'em

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sky Chief:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sky Chief, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Daikatana -- MB-A58E16094F868519 - Taken by Kiru
Anachronox -- MB-9859C27B480D3725 - Taken by Sammichu
Deus Ex: The Fall -- MB-82CDBE7E588F5E96 - Taken by Mass_Pincup
Deus Ex: Invisible War -- MB-23F0377400DB9222 - Taken by alr1ght

Shadownet

Banned
If you don't have TF2 installed it. you got about 45 mins to hurry it up :p

O6FKW47.png

t1406073600z1.png

Information said:
What is this?:
NeoGAF Games Night is a designated time where gaffers can play games together. This is a casual environment, players from all skill levels are welcome! Join the NeoGAF Games Night group to receive a notification through steam when an event has been scheduled and when it starts. PM anyone in the group for an invite.

What we are playing: Team Fortress 2

How to join us: You go into the server browser and put the IP in

Come join us and have fun!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Do I want Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut? I already have the vanilla version and heard the DC was worse.

Hugstable

Banned
I haven't heard anything about this game. Would you mind writing up some impressions and screen shots so we get the gist?

Yeah if someone does impressions, it would be amazing. I'm a bit on the fence with the game also and interested in picking it up if the quality seems worth the 15$

If you don't have TF2 installed it. you got about 45 mins to hurry it up :p

O6FKW47.png

t1406073600z1.png

Thankfully I actually have the game installed this time haha.

Arthea

hopefully Halfway is good, I cant take 2 hertbreaks in a row

Ill give it a spin tomorow (and Darkwood woot)

edit: also this happened
2000.png

and my honest reaction (as expected).gif

at least its out of the way now

you should have waited for a week with us for our trains in the sky to land. It's only one week too!
such a missed opportunity! also congratulations on your 2K, now you have to have more lives than the cat, to play all that

Turfster

Do I want Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut? I already have the vanilla version and heard the DC was worse.

It isn't, really.
Think they fixed that "older build" thing some people had trouble with (it always ran fine here), and the DC is really worth getting.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

It changes the boss layouts a bit, though I never had problems with them in the first place, has really great developer commentary that I highly recommend looking up even if you don't get it (EatChildren's thread here), and does a decent job at integrating the DLC into the main game.

It isn't, really.
Think they fixed that "older build" thing some people had trouble with (it always ran fine here), and the DC is really worth getting.

It's good, but its defo low quality textures in it and they removed the gold tint that no-one liked too. Wasn't it ported of the Wii-U version?

Only really go for it for the developer commentary, otherwise play the vanila version with the DLC.

Beelzebubs

Can somebody who bought this weeks indiegala Monday bundle check to see if they can claim their keys from the site. I'm not getting the option to even though I've purchased them.

And damn just checked the Divinity: OS giveaway, how many big games is Servizio going to win? I'm starting to get a lil jealous :p

Altazor

I love it. I think "Entangled", "Many too many" and "Fading lights" are masterpieces. Hell, I even like some of the Ray Wilson stuff, such as "Not about us" and "One man's fool".

I posted some other Collins' era songs I like earlier today.

"A Trick of the Tail" is my favorite Genesis album. A mix of proggier leanings with moments of absolute beauty (Mad Man Moon and Entangled) with Phil's softer voice before he went all angry-baldy due to his divorce. I actually think they peaked, as a band, between 1973 and 1976. After that, it was never the same.

And poor Ray Wilson deserved better than the treatment he got from Banks and Rutherford. Actually, I think the whole "Calling All Stations" project was fucked up from the beginning: they should've composed the album to cater to Ray's strengths instead of trying to make a "We Can't Dance" clone. Ray's voice isn't suited AT ALL to that type of music... and by 1997, "that type" of music was severly outdated.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you should have waited for a week with us for our trains in the sky to land. It's only one week too!

such a missed opportunity! also congratulations on your 2K, now you have to have more lives than the cat, to play all that

I finished it on Vita so that wont be a day 1 for me anyway

I've waited long enough. Glad someone got to benefit from me asking for some Shovel Knight, but i wait no longer. I'm going to get myself a Steam card, and buy it up. NO MORE WAITING!

Porcupine

So here is my first giveaway, have fun!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Porcupine:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Porcupine, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Savant Ascent -- MB-6B219A9065C49CF5 - Taken by deadflower81. 4 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-F09641E68EEAD01F - Taken by AsylumX. 6 entrants total.
Serious Sam HD The First Encounter -- MB-DD716BAD19B30AAC - Taken by BernardoOne. 2 entrants total.
Serious Sam HD The Second Encounter -- MB-B3C09674A5B3299F - Taken by L.O.R.D. 3 entrants total.
Type:Rider -- MB-EAA6707B760AD325 - Taken by Seraphis Cain. 10 entrants total.
Broken Sword 2 -- MB-C5924368EC962DEE - Taken by City 17. 3 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-3661512838AA1EC3

t1406081612z1.png

Can somebody who bought this weeks indiegala Monday bundle check to see if they can claim their keys from the site. I'm not getting the option to even though I've purchased them.

And damn just checked the Divinity: OS giveaway, how many big games is Servizio going to win? I'm starting to get a lil jealous :p

Did he make a deal with you to control modbot?
Also, what else has he won?

Arthea

I finished it on Vita so that wont be a day 1 for me anyway

Have you checked your gamecount lately?
Why suddenly you begin to show some common sense when there is no need for it whatsoever! SC and TC need you! You don't wanna know how it all ends?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
What did they do to the poor song? It... it hurts.

"A Trick of the Tail" is my favorite Genesis album. A mix of proggier leanings with moments of absolute beauty (Mad Man Moon and Entangled) with Phil's softer voice before he went all angry-baldy due to his divorce. I actually think they peaked, as a band, between 1973 and 1976. After that, it was never the same.

And poor Ray Wilson deserved better than the treatment he got from Banks and Rutherford. Actually, I think the whole "Calling All Stations" project was fucked up from the beginning: they should've composed the album to cater to Ray's strengths instead of trying to make a "We Can't Dance" clone. Ray's voice isn't suited AT ALL to that type of music... and by 1997, "that type" of music was severly outdated.
Awesome, it's my favorite album too! There's not a single moment I don't enjoy, which is funny considering I hated it the first time I heard it 4 or 5 years ago. Collins' voice did change, yeah, so he couldn't sing in the same soft style as before. That said, he still had some beautiful mellow tunes.

I don't know, I've never found anyone who said they liked Calling All Stations, but to me it's a good album. Nowhere near their best, but I like listening to it.

Arthea

He waited Halfway, and the way I hear it, he didn't really have a choice.
as in "we kicked him out of the train on the move"? (><)
you missed opportunity to make a joke either, fixed this for you

So I'm guessing Divinity Original Sin is still the most wanted game in SteamGAF?

nope, it's Trails SC, actually. There are lots of people ready to kill for it, not die no, we still need to play that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom