• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trejik

the hate dissipated when people got used to the controls I believe

Understandable. It's a bit slow in the beginning, and even with the cancels later on it's a bit slow. If it were faster and competitive it would be a hell of a game.

I "finished" Abyss Odyssey with all the characters.

Guess I played around 8-10 hours. It was cool, but I thought there is still not enough content there. After you killed the Warlock for the 10th time, it just feels kinda repetitive.

And the Up+X attack of the last character is kinda overpowered.

I felt Ghost Monk and The Jackal (Skeleton Poncho) were super overpowered. Still a game with a bunch of potential. Also took me around the same time to beat it, for the price I feel it was worth it. Actually spent longer because of problems recording, game decided to stop recording o record only audio and leave an image of the pause screen if I paused in-game while recording.

In my book, if you say "after I beat it ten times it got stale", it's good value. Sure, it isn't Spelunky, but it's something different at least.

Isnt the S-E Bundle more like an Eidos Bundle.

I just bought it for 3$, but was expecting things like FF7 or 8. Guess the secret game/games will be Kane and Lynch 1 and some other hitman maybe.

yGray

Banned
Btw. is the Wolf Among us more "show" than the first season of Walking Dead?

I played the first four parts of episode 1 and it feels it even features less gameplay than the first Walking Dead season.

I don't know what you mean by gameplay but Wolf Among Us is very text heavy. There's very little gameplay aside from mashing the Q button.

Still a great "game" though. I think Telltale calls the game directors "interactive story director." Just something to keep in mind.

iosefe

I don't know what to think of this:

XPQn8io.jpg

Hugstable

Banned
Isnt the S-E Bundle more like an Eidos Bundle.

I just bought it for 3$, but was expecting things like FF7 or 8. Guess the secret game/games will be Kane and Lynch 1 and some other hitman maybe.

That's what I first thought. I heard SQX Bundle and it's all Edios games. 1$ tier was great for me though as I owned none of those games. I own all the 3rd tier games also so just being able to spend a buck and get tons of games I didn't own was still pretty cool.

Beelzebubs

:checks wishlist:

Seems I want Wash_Doges.

Hahaha, I don't control when my "connect" comes online.
I just thought I was doing something nice for him and nice for SteamGAF since he had this one lonely copy of Abyss Odyssey left.

You are!

I'm just unsure on the PAYITFORWARD rule in general with all the bundles/free games from PC Gamer. I figure if someone was to do a great giveaway like yourself the thread would just get spammed with "junk" giveaways.

I'm wearing my cynical hat tonight, I'm going to grab a 3am beer and stop being a miserable bastard tonight hehe.

You are!

I'm just unsure on the PAYITFORWARD rule in general with all the bundles/free games from PC Gamer. I figure if someone was to do a great giveaway like yourself the thread would just get spammed with "junk" giveaways.

I'm wearing my cynical hat tonight, I'm going to grab a 3am beer and stop being a miserable bastard tonight hehe.

But notice how the number of giveaways from earlier has already died down?
I suppose people could nuke their unclaimed keys... still...

But notice how the number of giveaways from earlier has already died down?
I suppose people could nuke their unclaimed keys... still...

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

ulgzbKC.png
Dead Hungry Diner (Desura) -- MB-FF668C8CC29D977A - Taken by DaBargainHunta

Entering for the giveaway by giving an unclaimed Desuracode away.

Not really entering, since I already own the game and just wanna get rid of the key...

Ventara

I just woke up from a 5 hour nap. Feels so bad since that was pretty much my whole day (2-7PM). What have I missed?

That just means you get to spend some quality time with the night owls. As to what you missed, some great giveaways from Sub Zero and a TF2 game night (might still be going on). Oh, and one more thing...

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky First Chapter is releasing next week!!!!!!!

$20, 15% off introductory price. Be there, or be square.

yGray

Banned
ok doodz. just finished TWD S2 E4

did you hold the baby? I didn't. Fuck that random spawn. I was happy it lived though
fuck Jane I don't know why she left. Sarah was ate in my front of our eyes. Guess it was too much for her. #hardcore4life
fuck Arvo. i should have somehow convinced Jane to shoot his nerd ass. Did anyone do that? I played teh fool and didn't even steal from this dude.
I shot Rebecca at the end so she didn't eat her baby. I reloaded real quick and called for help instead and Kenny just shooters. I'm going to stick with my original choice. Kenny is probabyl going to hate me cause I hacked his girl's arm off before she died horribly.

dot

Something for Batman day.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dot, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Your power level must be over 9000.

header_292x136.jpg

Batman: Arkham Oranges: Cold Cold Butt -- MB-65F146575A8233B6 - Taken by MTE. 5 entrants total.

t1406082153z1.png
this has nothing to do with frosty's giveaway

Larian gave out free Divinity keys to GAF for an hour.

Dang, would have expected the thread to have reach 300 pages by now as a result. XD

That just means you get to spend some quality time with the night owls. As to what you missed, some great giveaways from Sub Zero and a TF2 game night (might still be going on). Oh, and one more thing...

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky First Chapter is releasing next week!!!!!!!

$20, 15% off introductory price. Be there, or be square.

Just saw the giveaways right before falling asleep. They were crazy. XD I still need to get a new mouse before hopping into any multiplayer games.

I already have a copy on the PSP, but can't hurt to get the game again on PC. :)

Thanks for the info, guys. :p

bluechox2

I have 1 left, anyone wants it

ModBot said:
Instructions for bluechox2:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bluechox2, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thief Gold -- MB-81F71A0F3283B39F - Taken by maneil99

t1406065954z1.png

KarmaCow

Just dumping the extra keys from the Humble 2K Bundle. Use this link

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=

with the code if you win.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

t1cxE6r.gif
Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-AE91A0DD0C145474 - Taken by someguyinahat
Bioshock 2 -- MB-6126838EC0AAA789 - Taken by devo1989
X-COM: Apocalypse -- MB-CA05603C4AFB69ED - Taken by Natty1
t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness II -- MB-C93B24B6FC0AB2AA - Taken by BorntoPlay
X-COM: Enforcer -- MB-5DEA33B96CF7DA60 - Taken by rainking187
X-COM: Terror from the Deep -- MB-2F7725A7359E67CA - Taken by user237
Bioshock -- MB-C74DF501E590B640 - Taken by creamsugar
X-COM: UFO Defense -- MB-08DD9029A27A730C - Taken by Boom Boom Pow
X-COM: Interceptor -- MB-C430B8D34719695A - Taken by fuzzy123

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of shykyoichi, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (shykyoichi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last month, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sid Meier's Civilization III -- MB-4916BB3D942F2BD1 - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 3 entrants total.
Sid Meiers Ace Patrol -- MB-781F2566F94293C0 - Taken by devonodev. 2 entrants total.
Agricultural Simulator 2013 -- MB-8B64DA5EF3CA9CA6 - Taken by Boom Boom Pow. 2 entrants total.
Spirits -- MB-3EE6D5C6BD4A22CC - Taken by _hekk05. 5 entrants total.
Draw a Stickman -- MB-5589364FE5B4BD04
The Great Jitters: Pudding Panic -- MB-2D806FB5BC4E4F18 - Taken by Locust. 1 entrants total.
Bridge Project -- MB-DAECCE38CB014EAA - Taken by Sharkiller. 3 entrants total.
Agricultural Simulator: Historical Farming -- MB-20EC22D4884AE011 - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.
Galcon Legends -- MB-6241130980637245 - Taken by BernardoOne. 2 entrants total.
Sid Meiers Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies -- MB-EC58F61EC17061B5 - Taken by xeris. 4 entrants total.
Galcon Fusion -- MB-232DB6C1117C2823 - Taken by MulderWasTaken. 1 entrants total.
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-EA2F6D847A0A3884
Professional Farmer 2014 -- MB-8B1C09DBB89283C7 - Taken by Melted77. 4 entrants total.
Crazy Machines 2 -- MB-C176CB67FEDFA1F8 - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.

t1406124993z1.png

xeris

Wish I was eligible for Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies. The first one is surprisingly fun and reminds me of an old school, but easier, Avalon Hill style board game.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Speevy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

OlliOlli- -- MB-6CA393EE5D2A1212 - Taken by AScotAbroad. 72 entrants total.

t1406085392z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom