• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

squidyj

Guys, how do I dig into my steam backlog? I have all of these games but I spend my time playing town of salem in a web browser.

ModBot said:
Instructions for tiny raptor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (tiny raptor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Ascension to the Throne -- MB-E753431C2B6DD703 - Taken by Lomax

I don't really know what this is. It's a game, I guess.

Edit: You don't need to PM me your thanks, I don't know why that's the default rule.

Vlad

So, random impressions from an impulse buy during the Summer sale:

Pixeljunk Shooter
Time Played: finished in 5 hours.

The best I can say is.. ehhh....

I'm a sucker for physics-based stuff. I've spent far too many hours on some of the various free fluid physics sandboxes (Powder Toy, Phun, OE Cake, etc) that have come and gone over the years, so the little I saw of this had me excited. I had assumed it was a sort of choplifter-esque game with fluid physics, which sounded awesome.

Thing is, that's kind of what it is, but it's yet another game that has a good concept and just doesn't really DO anything with it. Sure, it introduces new things as it goes along, like other fluids and their interactions with each other, but there's never any interesting or clever applications of them. Sure, pour water on lava to turn it into breakable rock, or pour water on ice to freeze the water, but there were never any points in the game where I felt challenged, in either dealing with the fluids or the shooting part of it (and for a game with "Shooter" in the title, that's kind of bad).

The only part that was even remotely interesting is when the game introduces
ferrofluids
towards the end, and there were some interesting applications there, but at that point it was too little too late. By the time I got to the last boss, I was actually hoping that there were no more levels so I could stop being bored.

I had heard the Pixeljunk name thrown around before, so I had assumed that it was some prestigious series, but I'm not overly hopeful after going through Shooter. I also picked up Eden during the sale, so hopefully that'll be an improvement.

Jawmuncher

The concert was a lot or fun to the1 person that cares. The Fallout Boy playlist was great.

--------------

Remember using Steam Roulette once, then still ignored it. I didn't like the game it chose.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Edit: You don't need to PM me your thanks, I don't know why that's the default rule.

theres a reason why that is now a default rule, but its not obligatory or anything. Although I do find it cute how polite people are thanking for bundle games :p

Speevy

Banned
Looked pretty simplistic in the video some gaffer mdae today. I assume its more complex than what it appears to be? Also, I wish people wouldn't make 20 minute videos and put a near 7 minute beginning with no game play.

I can't really answer your question because I think simplicity is the soul of good game design.

Sharkiller

ok doodz. just finished TWD S2 E4

did you hold the baby? I didn't. Fuck that random spawn. I was happy it lived though
fuck Jane I don't know why she left. Sarah was ate in my front of our eyes. Guess it was too much for her. #hardcore4life
fuck Arvo. i should have somehow convinced Jane to shoot his nerd ass. Did anyone do that? I played teh fool and didn't even steal from this dude.
I shot Rebecca at the end so she didn't eat her baby. I reloaded real quick and called for help instead and Kenny just shooters. I'm going to stick with my original choice. Kenny is probabyl going to hate me cause I hacked his girl's arm off before she died horribly.

i killed kennys girl with a axe. he is angry but fine a few minutes later.
that end is really bad. looks like they rush the finish.
the episode was really short...
and sarah look like it need to die no matter what i did.

The concert was a lot or fun to the1 person that cares. The Fallout Boy playlist was great.

--------------

Remember using Steam Roulette once, then still ignored it. I didn't like the game it chose.

That whole line-up was excellent, awesome show if your into that genre. Also, i always get to the games i buy eventually. I dont need a magic site to tell me to play. Go with the flow.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just noticed the 2k icon is called Gaming God...so what the fuck is the 3k called?

zkylon

zkylewd
damn those ghost knights in dks2 dlc are pretty fucking annoying

it's really cool so far, a lot more difficult and interesting than the dungeons in main game, tho a bit too grey for my taste

Rhaknar

I know.

So why is it the default rule?

because people kept posting giant pictures of their gifts in a endless circle jerk of ego boosting prowess, and those posts were endlessy quoted about how lucky they were / how jealous whoever was of it

or they were being nice, depends on who you ask :p

damn those ghost knights in dks2 dlc are pretty fucking annoying

it's really cool so far, a lot more difficult and interesting than the dungeons in main game, tho a bit too grey for my taste

would you say that it integrates with the main game perfectly, and if so, waiting for all 3 to come out and do a third fresh DS2 replay would be a good way to enjoy them (ive been wanting to make a dex character anyway)

Maybe spoiler for twd s2

only at the part where we came across trailer with Luke and sarah. I immediately wanted to slap the shit out of her and was so happy that option came up lol

Ventara

because people kept posting giant pictures of their gifts in a endless circle jerk of ego boosting prowess, and those posts were endlessy quoted about how lucky they were / how jealous whoever was of it

or they were being nice, depends on who you ask :p

Well, I do remember someone "gift sniping" people. Just saying.
And we all enjoyed it.

Jawmuncher

The Paramour + Fallout boy tour? How packed was the amphitheater?

Wasn't too bad when new politics started at 7pm. But once Paramore started it was just about every seat taken and the people standing in the yard were all pretty close to one another.

Rhaknar

Well, I do remember someone "gift sniping" people. Just saying.
And we all enjoyed it.

I never said I wasnt part of the problem. But I stopped being part of the problem, just like with the waifunamis and whatnot. Im even trying my best not to do avatar quote replies (which is very hard every time the sailor moon dude posts...he truly has the most amazing avatar).

maty

Some more games to give away

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bornlivedie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thomas Was Alone -- MB-D38A22EB6A2E22B0 - Taken by danhese007
Don't Starve -- MB-C5184F89CDED544B - Taken by Beelzebubs. 8 entrants total.

t1406087373z1.png

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Wasn't too bad when new politics started at 7pm. But once Paramore started it was just about every seat taken and the people standing in the yard were all pretty close to one another.

Sounds awesome. To bad that I can't go to concerts though :/, well concerts for Rock/Pop/Rap anyways.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, Nabs and Chairmanchuck weren't kidding when they said the leveling system in Ys was a bit unbalanced. I went from level 1 to 2 in Ys 1, and the enemies that used to die in 3 or 4 hits now die in one. And even better, I discovered that if I'm standing still the health bar regenerates automatically.

Now that I got a sword and armor (and kinda learned how to strike the enemies) I'm liking the game. Played very little of it yet, but I do want to keep playing more. Plus the music is really nice.

gwZ5pS1.jpg

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Batman Arkham Origins -- MB-94A4B1CDEC18BA60 - Taken by Shadownet. 41 entrants total.

t1406097334z1.png

Jawmuncher

Sounds awesome. To bad that I can't go to concerts though.

That was actually my first at a concert so it definitely made me want to go to more.

With that said definitely makes me wish Rock Band was still a thing. Since I'm in the mood to play that now.

Ventara

I never said I wasnt part of the problem. But I stopped being part of the problem, just like with the waifunamis and whatnot. Im even trying my best not to do avatar quote replies (which is very hard every time the sailor moon dude posts).

I'm just teasing you. I'm sure there's no one here who didn't like your gift sniping.

Though the new rules certainly has cut a lot of clutter. SteamGaf constantly improving for the better. At least until winter...

zkylon

zkylewd
would you say that it integrates with the main game perfectly, and if so, waiting for all 3 to come out and do a third fresh DS2 replay would be a good way to enjoy them (ive been wanting to make a dex character anyway)
well haven't beaten it yet but i'd say it integrates pretty ok

if you played artorias dlc then you know what the deal is, you go to an already cleared area and get ported to dlc land

i find this a bit better because it's a lot less obtuse (like you're very clearly told where to go, tho not exactly so it's good compromise) and also it's tied better to things you've seen in the main game (i can imagine where dlc 2 is gonna be based on dlc 1).

tbh i wouldn't wait, it's a good amount of content and i like playing dlc as it's released. makes the game have longevity rather than like two bursts of play and then nothing, but that's me

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
That was actually my first at a concert so it definitely made me want to go to more.

With that said definitely makes me wish Rock Band was still a thing. Since I'm in the mood to play that now.

One of my friends was really into Rockband. Unfortunately he was tone deaf. He pretty much killed my enthusiasm for hearing karaoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom