• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for The_Super_Inframan:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thief Gold -- MB-F248A6D6ACD3C54B - Taken by -Deimos. 1 entrants total.
Blo(c)k Story -- MB-15E33FCE6DA99DF6 - Taken by Sammichu. 3 entrants total.

t1406083233z1.png

Now that I have my Laptop back I should be getting into some online gaming I guess and join some of the Gaf gaming nights.
EDIT: Team Fortress or L4D2...
Left4Dead2 all day 'ery day. And I played both today with gaffers. Left4Dead2 is just more fun. Especially some fan campaigns.
But damn it's late. I am gonna hopefully make a big post tomorrow with good campaign, mods, skins and webms/videos.
I need a 4th for Payday 2. I got Corrosive and Huggie with me!
Everytime Payday 2 is being played I regret getting Payday 1 during sale.
We should play L4D2 sometime. Man, I like that game.
Ok, I can't wait till tomorrow. Here some pics.
The Witch
My man cHinzo
The fearful Jockey

Dambrosi

Banned
Just to prove to Sub Zero that the PAYITFORWARD rule works...
132882301075.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for Dambrosi:
ALL ABOARD THE IMAGINATION STATIO--eeeee, that's dirty, that is, it should be banned.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dambrosi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thief Gold -- MB-46333204706BF883
WindForge -- MB-2B5AD2C006DBD63E - Taken by Tesseract. 3 entrants total.
Paranautical Activity -- MB-B69B6FC7BBF0B59C

t1406083053z1.png

dot

Left4Dead2 all day 'ery day. And I played both today with gaffers. Left4Dead2 is just more fun. Especially some fan campaigns.
But damn it's late. I am gonna hopefully make a big post tomorrow with good campaign, mods, skins and webms/videos.

The Witch

My man cHinzo

The fearful Jockey

Princess Peach, Snake, and Diddy Kong?!

I feel like playing L4D2 now...

Speevy

Banned
I think we should have weekly indie release raffles in which the most sought after indies get raffled on or around their release date.

The idea would be that people get interested in a game they didn't know was coming out because they didn't read the OP, hadn't seen the trailers, whatever.

Someone could grab a Russian-traded key for a modest price and put it up there,and the winner could write a review of their newly won game.

What do you guys think?

Ryne

Re-posting before sleep:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ryne, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Halfway -- MB-9092B30F3BCA3752 - Taken by Corpekata. 46 entrants total.

t1406086594z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think we should have weekly indie release raffles in which the most sought after indies get raffled on or around their release date.

The idea would be that people get interested in a game they didn't know was coming out because they didn't read the OP, hadn't seen the trailers, whatever.

Someone could grab a Russian-traded key for a modest price and put it up there,and the winner could write a review of their newly won game.

What do you guys think?

but...we already raffle off every new indie game?

Grief.exe

How is Invisible War behind the BTA?

I played the game at launch on the original Xbox and would like to revisit it at one point. I will try my luck with modbot, otherwise I might wait for a separate sale as I really don't need much in the bundle.

Turfster

What do you guys think?

Hm. Interesting idea.
It would draw more attention to new releases for sure.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Do we? I think we're more inclined to raffle off stuff if it's in a bundle or on sale.

ive seen freedom planet, olliolii, halfway, abyss odyssey, clown bot, shantae giveaways

the rest of the recent indie releases were all bundle games that most of us are waiting for keys

Beelzebubs

What do you guys think?

Well you could fund it by people doing a pay in kind of thing by paying 1 steam key to enter the raffle which would also fund the giveaways but there'd probably be gambling issues for the site.

If you could ensure the winner would do a proper review it sounds like a very interesting idea. A lot of people in this thread though do give impressions of new releases just through posting. That's supposed to be one of the main focuses of the thread anyway. But you're offering people more incentive.

Speevy

Banned
ive seen freedom planet, olliolii, halfway, abyss odyssey, clown bot, shantae giveaways

the rest of the recent indie releases were all bundle games that most of us are waiting for keys

Well okay, I guess..more fanfare then? A snazzy title?

I'm just thinking out loud.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Here's a relink to TB's Abyss Odyssey video.

It has piked my interest, can any of you sell it to me more then this video can? What do you personally like about it?

What I like
- Combat system is fun once you learn to use the tools you are given.
- Capture any enemies you fight and use them. Some of these enemies are OP as hell so its fun to wreck stuff on the way by getting strong monsters/enemies
- 3 Unique Main Characters
- Seeing progress on leaderboards is nice and since the game is new you have chances to be on good positioning.
- Developers will add more content over the year
- The developers are really nice and really chatty on the steam discussions they are aware of the feedback on what people want to see the game add or fix.

As for the negative part (I dont dislike all of it but some might agree with it)
- Game is short (IMO made for replayability)
- Netcode needs to be fixed
- Game needs more content or at least make the community aspect progress faster to unlock the extra content.
-There are a few rare glitches. (Enemies not attacking you if you go to the fog wall, not being able to move after being revived)
-Vs Mode is currently offline (Will be added later but the team needs to fix the netcode first before adding online to this.

I feel the game was worth of my 10 dollars. I have spent 40 hours playing the game. Its a good game that could be outstanding depending how the game progression goes and how the team adds new content to the game.

Speevy

Banned
Well you could fund it by people doing a pay in kind of thing by paying 1 steam key to enter the raffle which would also fund the giveaways but there'd probably be gambling issues for the site.

If you could ensure the winner would do a proper review it sounds like a very interesting idea.

Yeah I think we would probably run into issues if we had people pay into a pot, and the mods would be forced to close us down.

What do you guys think?

It would be nice to have more reviews of newly released games/ games released under the radar.

Just finished The Wolf Among Us. My girlfriend and I really enjoyed it, but it does feel like there was even less "adventure" elements than TWD S1 (haven't played S2 yet), but I think I'm ok with that :)

Ending of the finale spoilers:
I have no idea what Bigby "realised" at the very end, but I went after her anyway

Rudakus

Has anyone been able to successfully use PS4 controllers for magicka? I've tried pinnicle(sp?) only one I could find with what they said was a layout/program for it. Didn't work at all.

Rhaknar

just noticed there was no new tuesday bundle from groupees today. to be fair, it is called SOMETIMES tueday :p

edit: didnt see that GMG was doing a batman sale...man I really missed everything today

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

The Witch

My man cHinzo

The fearful Jockey

Might join you guys some day. I need to practice a bit on L4D before going at it.

iosefe

Has anyone been able to successfully use PS4 controllers for magicka? I've tried pinnicle(sp?) only one I could find with what they said was a layout/program for it. Didn't work at all.

DS4 tool/DS4 Windows. i believe the info is in the OP.

avoid MotioninJoy like the plague

Grief.exe

Are you using any software. Just guessing here, but Magicka is probably not compatible with xinput.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Serious Stream: http://twitch.tv/morningbus
Join the Serious Stream directly by clicking here

7WPItT4.jpg

What’s going on here?
SteamGaf sent Morningbus over 6 months worth of M&M cable credit codes. He agreed to stream Serious Sam 1 to 3, a series of games he has often compared unfavorably against a swift kick to the key areas.

But people like Serious Sam? Hell, I like Serious Sam!
Come, sip deep of his essence and let him pull back the veil behind the greatest fraud perpetrated in the history of the world.

Wait…
Just watch the stream.

No, hold up a sec. Why are people giving Morningbus their M&M debit cards I heard so much about?
That M&M promotion initially started off offering both $6 debit cards and $6 cable credits. However, the internet being what it is depleted those cards within just a few weeks of the promotion and now they are only giving away the cable credits. Some people have no need for this type of code and some people are just having fun seeing exactly how far Morningbus can take it.

Can I join in?
Certainly! Just join the Unofficial NeoGAF Mumble server (details here) and join the Serious Stream room. You can also chat through the Twitch.TV link from above.

M&M Scoreboard Post:
96 from Jawmuncher
78 from Toki767
60 from Anustart
60 from Morningbus
42 from default two
36 from Mono
30 from Mokoi
30 from BinaryPork2737
24 from dot
24 from CorrosiveFrost
24 from Cloudius12
18 from iosefe
18 from Pickles Spill
18 from Chocobro
12 from Cheddahz
12 from Gunstarheroes
12 from tylerf
12 from Xclash
12 from Stallion Free
6 from Armoured Priest
6 from Amzin
6 from tiny raptor
6 from thesaucetastic
6 from Myshkin
6 from Servizio
6 from shadownet

Total: $660. 8 months of bill credits cleared!

Special thanks to the following for providing codes since the last scoreboard:

Shadownet: secret government program or hair care product? Either way, it gave me 1 code.

BinaryPork2737: is a greedy little piggy, providing an additional code!

Default Two has depleted my strategic reserve of "default" jokes. This is the default response for him providing 1 code.

XClash: is not just a contributor, he's also the community moderator on the twitch channel! I swear he did not get this position through giving me 1 code.

Chocobro is making it choco-rain with 1 code.

Stallion Free pushed us over the edge with his code. This is not the first time "Stallion Free" and 'edging" have appeared in the same sentence.

Tellaerin

We need a 4th for Payday 2 if anyone wants to get rich. (Payday Rich)

Every time people start talking about Payday 2 like this, all I can think of is this song.

Going to have to check that game out one of these days (is that the one with the ton of DLC you have to buy?), and maybe reinstall L4D2. It might be fun to get into some games with SteamGAF.

Ozium

just noticed there was no new tuesday bundle from groupees today. to be fair, it is called SOMETIMES tueday :p

edit: didnt see that GMG was doing a batman sale...man I really missed everything today

Groupees should have Clash of the World - Asia up sometime before the end of the month...

prepare your waifus

I forgot to ask before, could I get an invite to the GAF group on Steam? Thanks!

Steam ID: quote to reveal Just finished The Wolf Among Us. My girlfriend and I really enjoyed it, but it does feel like there was even less "adventure" elements than TWD S1 (haven't played S2 yet), but I think I'm ok with that :)

Ending of the finale spoilers:
I have no idea what Bigby "realised" at the very end, but I went after her anyway
[/QUOTE]

I wonder what percentage of players that spoiler happened to, because I experienced the same thing - and I played the previous episodes only a week or so before Ep5.

But if you want to know what the spoiler meant (or at least the general idea of what it means), here you go:
(The Wolf Among Us spoilers)
Nerissa uses the same phrases as Faith (aka the Fable Donkeyskin), the girl killed in Episode 1. In Episode 2, they go into Donkeyskin's backstory and it's revealed that, in her fable, she disguised herself as a donkey to avoid her terrible life.

The implication is that Faith and Nerissa were glamoured as one-another, and that, ultimately, Faith is alive. The "Faith" killed in Episode 1 was actually Nerissa, who was glamoured as Faith. It ultimately explains a lot of the fake Nerissa's motivations for helping solve the case.

At the end of Episode 5, Bigby realises what happened and can decide to persue fake Nerrisa or not, presumably leading into Season 2 somehow.

Anustart

I'm number 2 on my friend leader board for bike jump in Sleeping Dogs with my 100m glitch jump on a scooter. I can only assume nbnt's 500m jump just got a better glitch.

This is a feature I like. Having the leader board appear in game when doing the stuff is a pretty great addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom