• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
so is there a new consensus on it now that its out, since there was a bit of a "hey guys previews say its shit" vibe going on a few days ago?
pretty much, i heard some not so nice things about the bosses but so far this been incredibly maze like, with like 5 or 6 bonfires and tons of shortcuts and weird environmental interactions and annoying enemy types.

i only fought one boss and it's a bit of a weird one, so i can't say much about that but there's still a good amount of dlc to go, so far i'm very pleased with it

and imma respec my character again, this build doesn't make any sense

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
pretty much, i heard some not so nice things about the bosses but so far this been incredibly maze like, with like 5 or 6 bonfires and tons of shortcuts and weird environmental interactions and annoying enemy types.

i only fought one boss and it's a bit of a weird one, so i can't say much about that but there's still a good amount of dlc to go, so far i'm very pleased with it

and imma respec my character again, this build doesn't make any sense

how long would you say it is, more or less?

wilflare

for those who joined GAF much later
you need to play our very own Feep's game

ModBot said:
Instructions for wilflare:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (wilflare, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sequence -- MB-9DBB209D828A015C - Taken by electroflame. 1 entrants total.

t1406093135z1.png

Ventara

Is there anyone here who wants to dissuade me from getting Planet Explorers? I watched a review for it, and I gotta say, this game looks amazing. I love open world fantasy games where you're allowed to explore everywhere. Furthermore I really like that you can create your own base/house however you want. There are really a lot of things I like about this game.

However, there are a few complaints that seem noteworthy that is making me hold off. It seems that the controls aren't very intuitive overall, which can certainly become annoying. Animations also seem. to be lacking. There's also the fact that it's an Early Access game, which brings up concerns about if it'll actually be completed or abandoned.

I have a huge backlog, so I don't like adding to it unless it's crazy cheap, but this game has REALLY caught my eye, and as the review said, it's a diamond in the rough, and I see that diamond hard. The game can also be bought for 4 keys ($8) from a Russian, which is nice. Basically, I'm trying to restrain myself, but keep thinking about it, so help? Feel free to also push me over the edge and completely convince me to get it, but please don't, lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
My brother did it in 3 hours or so he says. I didnt bother to watch cause I dont wanna spoil myself.

thats pretty good

Is there anyone here who wants to dissuade me from getting Planet Explorers? I watched a review for it, and I gotta say, this game looks amazing. I love open world fantasy games where you're allowed to explore everywhere. Furthermore I really like that you can create your own base/house however you want. There are really a lot of things I like about this game.

However, there are a few complaints that seem noteworthy that is making me hold off. It seems that the controls aren't very intuitive overall, which can certainly become annoying. Animations also seem. to be lacking. There's also the fact that it's an Early Access game, which brings up concerns about if it'll actually be completed or abandoned.

I have a huge backlog, so I don't like adding to it unless it's crazy cheap, but this game has REALLY caught my eye, and as the review said, it's a diamond in the rough, and I see that diamond hard. The game can also be bought for 4 keys ($8) from a Russian, which is nice. Basically, I'm trying to restrain myself, but keep thinking about it, so help? Feel free to also push me over the edge and completely convince me to get it, but please don't, lol.

nope, buy it. I want it bad myself, waiting for my trade ban to end tonight to buy it from Putin

zkylon

zkylewd
how long would you say it is, more or less?

steam says 6 hours, tho i goofed around a bit before starting it

i feel like i'm about three quarters there tho i haven't beaten any bosses yet

i'm pretty slow at games since i read everything and look around a lot and get distracted by random textures somewhere so it might be less

btw as a non-spoilery demonstration of how cool the level design is in the dlc:

like such a cool moment getting to a bonfire, looking to your right and seeing an old one and thinking "look how far i got"

very cool, i'm more appreciative of the interesting dungeon design than the boss fights myself so i eat up this sort of shit

Morning fellow steam friends.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thief Gold -- MB-C534A14C9B981EC4 - Taken by Perun. 4 entrants total.

t1406093433z1.png

Yakkue

Have some Volgarr.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Yakkue, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-05A751607EC63AB7 - Taken by TheLight. 2 entrants total.
Paranautical Activity (Early Access) -- MB-FD6A377898FFBA3D - Taken by TheSadRanger. 2 entrants total.
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-D7A86046B50561E7 - Taken by Casimir. 11 entrants total.

t1406093675z1.png

Have some Volgarr.

Volgarr! I almost picked up a copy to give away today -- my trader had it on his "menu" but was all out of copies so I didn't ask him to restock.

Related to giveaways, I was looking at some more of the DW8XL gifs I found when looking for some to post with my own giveaway *plug* *plug* and I found this one I felt like posting randomly here:

tumblr_n8rfltwmzm1ri1tp9o2_500.gif

They need to do Metal Gear Rising x Dynasty Warriors.

Franchise = Redeemed.

What they REALLY need to do is get a few companies together and make something like Capcom x Tecmo Koei X Konami x Namco and put them all into Warriors Orochi.

Ryu Hayabusa + other NG characters
Yaiba Kamikaze
Gabriel Belmont
Dante
Vergil
Raiden
etc.

dot

They need to do Metal Gear Rising x Dynasty Warriors.

Franchise = Redeemed.

Oh man, that would be awesome!

Volgarr! I almost picked up a copy to give away today -- my trader had it on his "menu" but was all out of copies so I didn't ask him to restock.

Related to giveaways, I was looking at some more of the DW8XL gifs I found when looking for some to post with my own giveaway *plug* *plug* and I found this one I felt like posting randomly here:

tumblr_n8rfltwmzm1ri1tp9o2_500.gif

We need some proper webms of DW8 instead. :p I'll probably make one soon...

Well, things could have gone better, but dot, Iosefe and i had a lot of fun on our Disneyland vacation...
4F556E6B2A264398C1304B5166D8D0B69D084C24

ABFB0134FCCC9E0709E2330679C7E0F0AE42C004

lol, that rollercoaster ride was fun! Gonna make a webm of it or two later.

Deques

Good morning everyone. Posting a not so great giveaway.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Deques, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Hamilton's Great Adventure -- MB-A1635D7809516959 - Taken by AngryChinchilla. 2 entrants total.

t1406094154z1.png

Hugstable

Banned
Have some Volgarr.

Volgarr is just too good. The perfect one more time game as you end up dying every round. Me and my brother got through like 2 or 3 stages last week taking turns and switching every 3 lives. One hell of a great game for those who win the giveaway!

Tame

Oh man, that would be awesome!

We need some proper webms of DW8 instead. :p I'll probably make one soon...

lol, that rollercoaster ride was fun! Gonna make a webm of it or two later.

what are you using to create webm's?

i checked out ffmpeg and that command prompt bullhonky aint for me, so ive been using vlc player

zkylon

zkylewd
Is the Dark Souls II dlc intended to be done post completion of the main game or could I just jump in at around SL 100?

i think you'll be fine

i'm sl150 on ng+++ and having trouble, but it'll be easier in ng

i'm interested in there are differences between ng and ng+ for the dlc

Yakkue

yakku's new avatar is freaking me out
Good.

Volgarr is just too good. The perfect one more time game as you end up dying every round. Me and my brother got through like 2 or 3 stages last week taking turns and switching every 3 lives. One hell of a great game for those who win the giveaway!
I need to buy that game for myself someday. But for now I want to stop buying new games for awhile, so I can finally concentrate on playing all those great games lurking in my backlog, (..I'll probably still buy Trails day 1 though :x)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom