• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm totally going to have a pizza for dinner in like 4 hours.

Jealous?

I've been wanting to get pizza for awhile now.
I think tomorrow will bring an overabundance of pizza for me.
Are we friends on Steam? We should be. :p

Good.

I need to buy that game for myself someday. But for now I want to stop buying new games for awhile, so I can finally concentrate on playing all those great games lurking in my backlog, (..I'll probably still buy Trails day 1 though :x)

Is that an army of Domokun going all cannibal?

Hugstable

Banned
So this Trials in the sky is good right? Its turn-based so I like it already.

Honeyview.

Yeah it's really good, and has a decent fresh take on a turn based bsttle system that allows for strategy as your characters movement and positioning get taken into account.

Ban Puncher

I've been wanting to get pizza for awhile now.
I think tomorrow will bring an overabundance of pizza for me.
Are we friends on Steam? We should be. :p

Any friend of pizza is a friend of mine.

My kitchen is in the process of being renovated these past few weeks so I have been getting to know pizza more intimately.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Now I want pizza. Guess I do have some green pepper and chicken to grill as toppings.

Good night SteamGAF! \o/ I'm so nervous about tomorrow, wish me luck! :X

Best to you mate. Remain confident when needed and try not to fall through the ground into a grey abyss like they do in Chicago (as Watch_Dogs keeps indicating happens so often random citizens don't even bother to look any more).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wednesday is pizza night because the best (and most expensive) place in town does half off on wednesdays

today is wednesday. that is all

Yakkue

Is that an army of Domokun going all cannibal?

That's just how they show their love.

--
I'll hopefully be able to spend some time gaming this weekend. I'm in the mood for a nice P&C but I can't decide between The Inner World and the Blackwell games. Which one would you recommend more?

KainXVIII

cat-yawn-o.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for KainXVIII:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KainXVIII, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

LOST CIVILIZATION -- MB-EC6556343867401C - Taken by Egamer. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
THE SAMARITAN PARADOX (Desura) -- MB-7AD851C60CC9A3AF - Taken by Sammichu
ulgzbKC.png
RAILYARD MATCH3 EVOLVED (Desura) -- MB-5058C45992B5A0C5 - Taken by Zero-Crescent
ulgzbKC.png
YELAXOT (Desura) -- MB-EB03066D2A29570B - Taken by Sammichu

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for RAILYARD MATCH3 EVOLVED (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for YELAXOT (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Error: The key you tried to add for BANZAI PECAN LAST HOPE FOR THE YOUNG CENTURY (Desura) failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1406096254z1.png

dot

Domo-kun looks so angry. D:

Good night SteamGAF! \o/ I'm so nervous about tomorrow, wish me luck! :X

Hmm? What's happening tomorrow? Good luck Momo!

what are you using to create webm's?

i checked out ffmpeg and that command prompt bullhonky aint for me, so ive been using vlc player

I use MSI Afterburner to record then skyfireblaze's script to create the actual webm.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=107330048&postcount=1471

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
For those who want a +1 and yet to buy yourself

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KenOD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Daikatana -- MB-2A5B5F662FAA39A9 - Taken by saunderez

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i dont think i own daikatana, but im not sure so fuck it

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thief Gold (Steam) -- MB-365396D7078F483B
ulgzbKC.png
Radical Heroes: Crimson City Crisis (Desura) -- MB-FA41F079126BD154 - Taken by cardinalmind
ulgzbKC.png
DATA HACKER - INITIATION (DESURA) -- MB-1B9F1EF632CEE873 - Taken by Tizoc. 2 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Thief Gold (Steam) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Radical Heroes: Crimson City Crisis (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for DATA HACKER - INITIATION (DESURA) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1406107174z1.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'll hopefully be able to spend some time gaming this weekend. I'm in the mood for a nice P&C but I can't decide between The Inner World and the Blackwell games. Which one would you recommend more?

I don't want your question to go unanswered or go ignored, but I've never played the Blackwell games or the Inner World so I can't say which I would recommend playing more. I can say that I've heard nothing but good things about the Blackwell games, if that's worth anything, and that Mono in particular has mentioned that the developer commentary for each is good and worth a second playthrough of each just for that alone.

Speevy

Banned
I finally got around to installing some mods that worked well in Skyrim. Bought the DLC. Everything is going well. Game is running relatively smoothly. I'm thinking I've finally managed not to screw up modding the game, and three essential NPCs start attacking me in the middle of a town with no guard interference.

Screw this.

Ventara

Does anyone know how Steam trade dispensers work? I'm following the steps, and when I finish and click proceed, I get two option; confirm and cancel. Neither does anything. What do I do?

I finally got around to installing some mods that worked well in Skyrim. Bought the DLC. Everything is going well. Game is running relatively smoothly. I'm thinking I've finally managed not to screw up modding the game, and three essential NPCs start attacking me in the middle of a town with no guard interference.

Screw this.

What mods are you using? I modded Skyrim a few months back, and it was relatively simple if you follow the steps.

Rhaknar

That's just how they show their love.

--

you can finish the first blackwell in a couple of hours, and then decide if the series is for you. I loved the first one, really like the characters, but I havent played inner world

Tektonic

Does anyone know how Steam trade dispensers work? I'm following the steps, and when I finish and click proceed, I get two option; confirm and cancel. Neither does anything. What do I do?
I can't say I've ever been able to get past that point. I assumed the user changed his price or something, but hopefully someone can give us an answer!
Edit: Springsteen autocorrect!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of corrosivefrost, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (corrosivefrost, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition -- MB-44CB14250842AEAF - Taken by NingenJanai. 47 entrants total.

t1406100155z1.png

Ventara

I can't say I've ever been able to get past that point. I assumed the user changed his price or something, but hopefully someone can give us an answer!
Edit: Springsteen autocorrect!

I actually got it to work just now. I had to log in with my Steam account.

That's what you get when you try to spell Chinese name with English, nothing sounds right.

It would work actually. The easier names they can pronounce right like Liu Bei and such. When it comes to Zhao Yun, it doesnt sound completely wrong, but also not really right.
Its sometimes like listening to foreigners here in China try to speak what they learn in their travelguide, so xiexie becomes somehow "shay shay" by some american.

The voices fit though I have to say.

Volimar

Woke up with 5 PMs waiting for me. Thought surely won was telling me I won one of Sub-Zero's amazing giveaways.

IgMyx.gif

Was just thank yous and giveaway receipts...

QzfLJq3.jpg

redlacs

enjoy
ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Just Cause 2 -- MB-A414FDFD990A1296 - Taken by Melhisedek. 2 entrants total.

t1406098414z1.png

Speevy

Banned
What mods are you using? I modded Skyrim a few months back, and it was relatively simple if you follow the steps.

You're probably going to regret asking me that.

-Birds of Skyrim
-Dovakriid - The Dragon Lords
-Pets of Skyrim
-Real Wildlife
-skyBirds
-Skyrim Immersive Creatures
-Immersive Animations
-Immersive Armors
-Expanded Towns and Cities
-Cloaks of Skyrim
-ACE - Athyra's Comprehensive Enhancements
-Locational Damage
-Alternate Start - Live Another Life
-Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade
-Apachii Skyhair
-Enhanced Character Edit
-Guard Dialogue Overhaul
-Height Adjusted Races with True Giants
-Horses Gone Wild
-Immersive Patrols
-Lore-Based LOading Screens
-Realistic Crime Radius
-Splash of Rain
-Wet and Cold
-Phenderix Magic Evolved
-Skyrim HD 2k Textures - Dungeons, Landscape, Misc, Riften, Towns
-Inconsequential NPCs
-Organized Bandits in Skyrim
-Populated Cities
-Project Reality-Climates of Tamriel
-Realistic Lighting Overhaul
-Unoffficial Dawnguard Patch
-Unofficial Skyrim Patch
-RaceMenu
-SkyUI
-SkyUI Away
-Static Mesh Improvement Mod
-Immersive Weapons

TL, DR version: There's nothing in there that screams "Essential NPC attack player in town." Most of these are from the Skyrim GEMs website.

Tellaerin

Any friend of pizza is a friend of mine.

My kitchen is in the process of being renovated these past few weeks so I have been getting to know pizza more intimately.

I probably shouldn't think about that too closely. >.>

In other news, I now understand all the love Binary Domain gets around here. Can't help but feel it'd play better with a gamepad (it still won't play nice with mine), but even with that minor issue, I'm really enjoying it.

-Birds of Skyrim
-Pets of Skyrim
-Real Wildlife
-skyBirds
-Immersive Animations
-Immersive Armors
-Cloaks of Skyrim
-Locational Damage
-Apachii Skyhair
-Enhanced Character Edit
-Guard Dialogue Overhaul
-Horses Gone Wild
-Immersive Patrols
-Realistic Crime Radius
-Splash of Rain
-Wet and Cold
-Phenderix Magic Evolved
-Inconsequential NPCs
-Populated Cities
-Unofficial Skyrim Patch
-RaceMenu
-SkyUI
-SkyUI Away
-Immersive Weapons

TL, DR version: There's nothing in there that screams "Essential NPC attack player in town." Most of these are from the Skyrim GEMs website.

What about this?
-Inconsequential NPCs

Shadownet

Banned

-Birds of Skyrim
-Pets of Skyrim
-Real Wildlife
-skyBirds
-Immersive Animations
-Immersive Armors
-Cloaks of Skyrim
-Locational Damage
-Apachii Skyhair
-Enhanced Character Edit
-Guard Dialogue Overhaul
-Horses Gone Wild
-Immersive Patrols
-Realistic Crime Radius
-Splash of Rain
-Wet and Cold
-Phenderix Magic Evolved
-Inconsequential NPCs
-Populated Cities
-Unofficial Skyrim Patch
-RaceMenu
-SkyUI
-SkyUI Away
-Immersive Weapons

Overboard much bro? Lol I only used 5-6 mods.

Yakkue

I don't want your question to go unanswered or go ignored, but I've never played the Blackwell games or the Inner World so I can't say which I would recommend playing more. I can say that I've heard nothing but good things about the Blackwell games, if that's worth anything, and that Mono in particular has mentioned that the developer commentary for each is good and worth a second playthrough of each just for that alone.

you can finish the first blackwell in a couple of hours, and then decide if the series is for you. I loved the first one, really like the characters, but I havent played inner world

Thanks a lot to both of you, I'll start with the blackwell games then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom