• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there a way to bundle multiple keys together as a single giveaway item (like a game plus the associated DLCs) through Modbot? Could've sworn I saw someone mention something like that, but if there is, I can't find a reference to how to do it now.

ModBot has always interpreted keys on a per-line basis, so it's just a matter of separating them with spaces. E.g.:

Half-Life, Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 3: BLAH-BLAH-BLAH BLAH-BLAH-BLAH BLAH-BLAH-BLAH

dot

Regarding Mighty No. 9.

I think it really looks totally bland from what we have seen. I mean we have Shovel Knight that really looks, sounds and plays like a Megaman Game.

Mighty No. 9 in the state we saw a few days ago seems... like this A. R. E. S. Game on Steam.

Again...it's in alpha.

We shouldn't judge yet until closer to release.

The new footage with Call looked decent.

Deques

Regarding Mighty No. 9.

I think it really looks totally bland from what we have seen. I mean we have Shovel Knight that really looks, sounds and plays like a Megaman Game.

Mighty No. 9 in the state we saw a few days ago seems... like this A. R. E. S. Game on Steam.
A. R. E. S. was fun. But I agree that the current state of the game isn't really interesting

Again...it's in alpha.

It looked okay, but the general look...
It just looks bland I think. I remember when it was announced a lot of people assumed that the 2d-style pictures they posted on their KS-Page would be what they are aiming for.
Even the colour-palette in the videos looks washed out compared to Shovel Knight.

A. R. E. S. was fun. But I agree that the current state of the game isn't really interesting

Yeah. I hope it will become more unique looking.

aku:jiki

Again...it's in alpha.

But even the parts that appear finished seem kind of bland and boring. The character animations look pretty good, though.

Oublieux

Well, bobnowhere. I'm not sure why I can't PM you, but wherever you are. Thank you for Batman Arkham Orange. :)

Arkham Orange? Is this some sort of secret sequel? I kid.

By the way, Shadownet, I played a bit of the first episode of The Wolf of Us last night. Wow. I am already impressed. I love the comic book aesthetics and, thanks to you, I am totally digging the fairy tale aspect that you clued me in on. Had I only known earlier it was based on fairy tales...

Arthea

My guesses for HB SE bundle additions:
Just Cause (because you know it will be there!)
Kane & Lynch
and probably some TR game, not sure about this one, it can go either way, and be Hitman Contracts, or is it too new?

also one more time, hop on!

JaseC

It just looks bland I think. I remember when it was announced a lot of people assumed that the 2d-style pictures they posted on their KS-Page would be what they are aiming for.
Even the colour-palette in the videos looks washed out compared to Shovel Knight.

Yeah, the concept art used in the pitch would have been a great visual style for the game proper.

I do like to see. Screenshot please?
Late because I was playing Counter Strike.

Here it is. I couldn't resize the window to show all of them, so I did it in one tall image. That's not even all of them. That's just the ones that need a plugin file to work.
Kane & Lynch
and probably some TR game, not sure about this one, it can go either way, and be Hitman Contracts, or is it too new?

Put me on that thing somewhere.

JaseC

who backed mighty 9 in here anyway besides me? just wondering

I've only backed Carmageddon Reincarnation and Broken Age (the latter of which I regret). These days I don't bother backing successful or to-be-successful projects as, understandably, the developers can't guarantee if the DDE bonuses will make it to Steam and I'd rather not pay more than necessary, so I just wait for the games to hit Steam (EA or otherwise).

I was disappointed when Flying Hamster 2 failed to meet its goal. I would have done my part but it became abundantly clear that there wasn't enough interest. I think there's some merit to the notion that the devs should have made the game its own new IP as opposed to setting it up as a sequel to a micro-budget shmup.

Yeah, the concept art used in the pitch would have been a great visual style for the game proper.

IIRC most people were also assuming it would use 2d art and the concept art would be something like a "target render".

I was close to backing this because of this concept art.

Edit: Backing something now is... strange. I mean I can understand it if people back because they like to support a game that wouldnt exist otherwise, but I also know quite some people who backed because they thought "If I back now, I already get the game really cheap."
But seems all KS-backed games at release werent really much more expensive than when the KS was still open.

Tesseract

Banned
Kane & Lynch

what about blood money?

Tellaerin

Hopefully someone'll get a little enjoyment out of this.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tellaerin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Just Cause 2 Plus DLCs -- MB-672B235CD4252CED - Taken by Kuroyume. 6 entrants total.

t1406102194z1.png

_hekk05

Banned
Kane & Lynch

I belong on that train.

I think I still have tits on my psp somewhere. Just gotta dig it out. Though some buttons aren't working anymore so rip my psp.

Tizoc

I've only backed Carmageddon Reincarnation and Broken Age (the latter of which I regret). These days I don't bother backing successful or to-be-successful projects as, understandably, the developers can't guarantee if the DDE bonuses will make it to Steam and I'd rather not pay more then necessary or, conversely, opt for the game itself only for a DDE to appear later, so I just wait for the games to hit Steam (EA or otherwise).

I was disappointed when Flying Hamster 2 failed to meet its goal. I would have done my part but it became abundantly clear that there wasn't enough interest. I think there's some merit to the notion that the devs should have made the game its own new IP as opposed to setting it up as a sequel to a micro-budget shmup.
The game is still releasing but is being backed by a 3rd party.

JaseC

The game is still releasing but is being backed by a 3rd party.

Ah, awesome. It's practically Wonder Boy HD and Wonder Boy in Monster World is up there with Super Metroid and DKC2 as one of my all-time favourites.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
IIRC most people were also assuming it would use 2d art and the concept art would be something like a "target render".

I was close to backing this because of this concept art.

I assumed it was going to be 2D too, was slightly surprised when I found out it was using a 3D art style. I was considering backing it, but I'm sort of glad I didn't in the end with all of the controversy surrounding the game.

I suck at the photoshops.

Everyone should get aboard the train.

Tellaerin

I belong on that train.

I think I still have tits on my psp somewhere. Just gotta dig it out. Though some buttons aren't working anymore so rip my psp.

Now I'm envisioning one of those oppai mousepads, but in PSP form. :p

I have Trails in the Sky for PSP myself. I enjoyed what I played of it, but I never got around to finishing. Maybe if I play it on PC, I'll actually see it through to the end.

Ah, awesome. It's practically Wonder Boy HD and Wonder Boy in Monster World is up there with Super Metroid and DKC2 as one of my all-time favourites.

I knew I liked you for a reason.

I assumed it was going to be 2D too, was slightly surprised when I found out it was using a 3D art style. I was considering backing it, but I'm sort of glad I didn't in the end with all of the controversy surrounding the game.

I dont even know what was going on lately. Just watched the videos, but seems they still had a KS or something like that for english voice-acting, that was already confirmed, but now they made it to english/japanese as another stretchgoal?

Was totally confused and didnt quite understand what was going on there.

Wish I didn't sell my PSP Go, can't find another one except for 2nd hands.

Add me to the TiTs train.

I remember seeing new PSP Go bundles and special PSP bundles (Metal Gear, Gran Turismo, Assasin's Creed) for $99 at a local Sear about two years ago. Regret not grabbing any of them.

Add me to the train too. :)

Deques

who backed mighty 9 in here anyway besides me? just wondering

I backed it. I hope those $40 wont be a waste of money

Yeah. I hope it will become more unique looking.

Let's just hope it wont be some boring Megaman like game

_hekk05

Banned
I've been over here messing with layers trying to actually add me to the train, dunno if I like that or the original laziness more

Our transparent avatars actually make it better for us to be on the ground, staring her in all her glory. Let those with non-transparent avatars work it out themselves XD

Our transparent avatars actually make it better for us to be on the ground, staring her in all her glory. Let those with non-transparent avatars work it out themselves XD
I'm trying to like have me be at the back of that first car, which worked okay, but when I tried to do the same with Milamber's at the front it turned out poopy.
w/e, for giggles:
0slTKro.png

Lain

I belong on that train.

I have both a LE for the American release as well as a digital copy of the European release. So with the Steam copy, I'll be triple dipping I guess?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
new groupees british bundle... with a bunch of repeats. cant even be arsed listing them, ill let Turf do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom