• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cho-cho!
tits.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Talking about Trails, do we get to make our new OP, or isn't that allowed?

OTs for particularly belated releases are permitted (Dark Souls 2 being the most recent example). Otherwise PC players would be entering an OT filled with spoilers.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dino D-Day -- MB-8D95019D8D6C3495 - Taken by Purkake4

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Dino D-Day was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The cards, mason!

I don't think I can handle any more idling than I already have set up for the next day or so :/

this dude is wasting a lot of money with fake NFS hot pursuit greenlight entries

I'm not really sure what the point of it even is. I mean, it's not a joke, or at least it's not funny or anything, and the guy who put it up doesn't have any other project on Greenlight so it's not advertising.

Speaking of Greenlight, we should get another new batch in the next few days.

One of the upper tier bonuses should've been to let contributors record voiceovers, and have that selectable from the options menu along with the professional Japanese and English voices. Besides being fun to do, it'd also recapture that early PS1 game, "we found some random dudes in the neighborhood and got them to do voices" magic.

That would be really great. So many potential "What a mansion!" and "Don't open that door!"-esque quotes could come from that.

I don't know why I associate RE 1 with voice acting like that.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Just saw this on Ars Technica:

Amusing and necessary since the MOBA crowd is the absolute worst.

One has to wonder how much such a forward attitude will actually work to combat the toxicity. They seem to have no shame as it is, and as a free 2 play game would it particularly bother them to be a piece of shit on a smurf account and get caught, put on a list and hung out to dry for all to see? Will be very curious to see what this does. Dota2's low-priority queue was an interesting way to go about it but it didn't remove nearly enough toxicity for me to decide to check out of MOBAs/Dota-clones for good.

I guess I just don't have the patience to sit through that after having been in the CS community since we played on WON.

Gangxxter

Is there a way to get a list of all currently running raffles you've entered via ModBot? When a new HumbleBundle is released and I want a particular game, there are often a dozen raffles with the game I want at the same time and sometimes it hard to keep track of which raffles I've already entered and which ones are still running (especially the 3-hour and 24-hour raffles).
I don't want to enter for the same game twice as long as a raffle is still running.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Is there a way to get a list of all currently running raffles you've entered via ModBot? When a new HumbleBundle is released and I want a particular game, there are often a dozen raffles with the game I want at the same time and sometimes it hard to keep track of which raffles I've already entered and which ones are still running (especially the 3-hour and 24-hour raffles).
I don't want to enter for the same game twice as long as a raffle is still running.

I just check my sentbox and compare the codes to see if I've already entered for something. There is no built in functionality for that in ModBot proper that I'm aware of.

JaseC

Cross-check your recently-sent PMs against the MB codes in the thread.

Edit: Beaten.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
One has to wonder how much such a forward attitude will actually work to combat the toxicity. They seem to have no shame as it is, and as a free 2 play game would it particularly bother them to be a piece of shit on a smurf account and get caught, put on a list and hung out to dry for all to see? Will be very curious to see what this does. Dota2's low-priority queue was an interesting way to go about it but it didn't remove nearly enough toxicity for me to decide to check out of MOBAs/Dota-clones for good.

I guess I just don't have the patience to sit through that after having been in the CS community since we played on WON.

Internet shaming won't accomplish anything unless it involves mass awareness and a very public and specific target for the ire. Facebook is systemic with bigotry and that platform generally has less anonymity than a gaming one. Additionally, League of Legends has a 27 million account base; any list will run in the thousands at minimum.

Gangxxter

I just check my sentbox and compare the codes to see if I've already entered for something. There is no built in functionality for that in ModBot proper that I'm aware of.

Cross-check your recently-sent PMs against the MB codes in the thread.

Edit: Beaten.
I'm talking about the situation where member A is giving away e.g. Hitman 2 in a 24 hour raffle and 20 hours later member B gives away another copy of Hitman 2 in a lightning raffle. Now when I check my sent PMs I would see that I've entered for Hitman 2 already, but I don't know when this raffle will end or if it has already ended, unless I dig for the ModBot post in the Steam thread. A bit of a tedious work to do.

I guess I'll have to manually keep track of my entered raffles then. Perhaps I'll include something like this in the subject line in my PMs to ModBot from now on: "Game name, ends in xx hours, link-to-post"

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm talking about the situation where member A is giving away e.g. Hitman 2 in a 24 hour raffle and 20 hours later member B gives away another copy of Hitman 2 in a lightning raffle. Now when I check my sent PMs I would see that I've entered for Hitman 2 already, but I don't know when this raffle will end or if it has already ended, unless I dig for the ModBot post in the Steam thread. A bit of a tedious work to do.

I guess I'll have to manually keep track of my entered raffles then. Perhaps I'll include something like this in the subject line in my PMs to ModBot from now on: "Game name, ends in xx hours, link-to-post"
Applying for the same raffle twice doesn't disqualify you, so you could just enter again if you're unsure.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah!

Cant wait for more first Unityprojects, MMOs, mobileports and games by devs that promised a free Steamkey.

And Gururumin or whatever that was called.

Gurumin is definitely going to be in because it has 8,668 comments on its page (compared to the usual 500-600 comments on a game that's been up for the same amount of time) mixed with the free giveaway that's going on. Voted no based on principle, but I can't say that I'm not glad that it's coming since it's supposed to be a good game. Just wish Mastiff hadn't resorted to such tactics to get it onto Steam in the first place.

I'm hoping Solstice and ROM: Read Only Memories make it in too.

JaseC

I know what you're talking about. I'm saying the best you can do is find the giveaway posts (by searching the thread with the MB codes you used to enter) and keep track of them as there's no "command" for ModBot that generates a list of currently-active raffles you've entered into. Stump gave a few of us here the ability to audit giveaways while he's AWOL, but this doesn't extend to deep backend-level stuff like being able to see which giveaways a particular user has entered.

Gurumin is definitely going to be in because it has 8,668 comments on its page (compared to the usual 500-600 comments on a game that's been up for the same amount of time) mixed with the free giveaway that's going on. Voted no based on principle, but I can't say that I'm not glad that it's coming since it's supposed to be a good game. Just wish Mastiff hadn't resorted to such tactics to get it onto Steam in the first place.

I'm hoping Solstice and ROM: Read Only Memories make it in too.

It has that many comments, because you need to comment to get the game for free.

Gangxxter

Applying for the same raffle twice doesn't disqualify you, so you could just enter again if you're unsure.
Nah, I mean two different raffles by two different members with the same game but different MB codes.
I don't want to enter for the same game in different raffles at the same time twice because it seems unfair and greedy to me since in the worst case I could win both raffles.

Gangxxter

I know what you're talking about. I'm saying the best you can do is find the giveaway posts and keep track of them as there's no "command" for ModBot that generates a list of currently-active raffles you've entered into.
I'll do that, cheers!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got a response from Aldorlea saying that keys were sent to GMG for Millennium 2 "this morning" (so I guess earlier yesterday based on time zones). Now hopefully GMG will distribute the keys by the time I wake up later.

It has that many comments, because you need to comment to get the game for free.

I meant to point that out to show how strong the giveaway has made it on Greenlight, probably should have phrased it better. The sad thing is that I'm sure that it could have made it through without the giveaway in the first place.

what's the train for?

Have you heard the good news about Trails in the Sky?

looks good. wishlisted :)

(this game is on Vita already, right?)

Via the PSP, yes. I could have sworn that you could download it on Vita via PSN but I guess not? I don't know, PSN related things isn't a strong point of mine. Checked, and yeah, you can get the PSN PSP version to play on the Vita according to Sony.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
looks good. wishlisted :)

(this game is on Vita already, right?)

Arthea

PopCap is making yet another Peggle game and we still haven't gotten Peggle 2 (._.)
and it is an iOS game, it seems. I wonder, does it make our chances getting it on steam some day higher, or the same as with 2.

Arthea

PSP/PS3, yes; Vita (natively), no.

you are wrong on this one, it is released on PS3 only in Japan, no english version means it doesn't exist for most of us. That's why PC version is definitive version in my eyes, and even more so with SC, which never was released outside of Japan on anything.

JaseC

you are wrong on this one, it is released on PS3 only in Japan, no english version means it doesn't exist for most of us. That's why PC version is definitive version in my eyes, and even more so with SC, which never was released outside of Japan on anything.

Just because it's useless to most of the world doesn't mean it doesn't exist. ;)

_hekk05

Banned

If you love it enough you'll learn a new language for it

Your love is not enough

Arthea

If you love it enough you'll learn a new language for it

Your love is not enough

I tried... I really did, Japanese is just unlearnable, in the extreme.

Just because it's useless to most of the world doesn't mean it doesn't exist. ;)

well, for you it does. You do +1 purchases for PS3 too, I assume
just kidding

2 people are playing with tits already, lucky fellas.

it was one, when I last checked. I thought it's Gabe playing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom