• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

I am not Turfster but I list them anyway
http://groupees.com/britishibm

Chip
Canyon Capers
Cobi Treasure Deluxe
Numba Deluxe
Kairo
iBomber Defense Pacific
Lunar Panda Deluxe
Not games:
The British IBM
The British IBM - Music Videos

k5BlvVM.png

I will grab the bundle for Kairo.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I dont even know what was going on lately. Just watched the videos, but seems they still had a KS or something like that for english voice-acting, that was already confirmed, but now they made it to english/japanese as another stretchgoal?

Was totally confused and didnt quite understand what was going on there.

A lot of the controversy has focused on that recently. From what I understand:

• Fans got upset by a new Paypal campaign when the project already made a good bit of money alongside the announcement of an animated series.
  • It was then revealed that the original funding wouldn't cover English voice acting, so a new stretch goal featuring that was announced for $100K.
  • After that, it was announced that the goal was pushed to $200K and would cover Japanese and English voice acting.

There's probably more stuff in there too that I missed, and probably got wrong.

Bundles like these mean that I can save my money for Trails, so I'm completely fine with not being tempted by them.

dot

who backed mighty 9 in here anyway besides me? just wondering

Me! I went with the $60 tier because i'm a huge Megaman fan. :)

Chip
Canyon Capers
Cobi Treasure Deluxe
Numba Deluxe
Kairo
iBomber Defense Pacific
Lunar Panda Deluxe
Not games:
The British IBM
The British IBM - Music Videos

I think Groupees has been my favorite bundle site. I just wish they just focus on games and not music...

• Fans got upset by a new Paypal campaign when the project already made a good bit of money alongside the announcement of an animated series.
  • It was then revealed that the original funding wouldn't cover English voice acting, so a new stretch goal featuring that was announced at $100K.
  • After that, it was announced that the goal was pushed to $200K and would cover Japanese and English voice acting.

Ah. Thanks.
Yeah. Was kinda strange to see they have money to invest in an animated series where 100.000$ would be a joke (and I am sure they could just ask the VAs for the new show to speak some lines for the game) but still want money for VA for the game...

Bundles like these mean that I can save my money for Trails, so I'm completely fine with not being tempted by them.

The cards, mason!

Oh just checked it out and game looks great. Sucks it didn't make it.

It was one I actually backed because I love some Tenchu and japan. It just didnt have a big presence it seems. It looked great. The last update was like 1 week ago where they said they will provide some updates in the next few days. That was before the failure of the KS though...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this dude is wasting a lot of money with fake NFS hot pursuit greenlight entries

aku:jiki

I just got a random friend invite from someone who's in a PewDiePie group. I feel deeply offended.

I bet you just install adobe reader all the time.
He probably also has to tell people that, no, they can't have Spotify and Dropbox on their work computers at least once a day.

kudoboi

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kudoboi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Thief Gold -- MB-64B66749AA902BFC - Taken by cardinalmind
iBomber Defense Pacific -- MB-8A4760EDC660A466 - Taken by TheMadMan007
Mini Ninjas -- MB-BB143F007FD0E28F - Taken by Knurek
some spares

Tellaerin

• It was then revealed that the original funding wouldn't cover English voice acting, so a new stretch goal featuring that was announced for $100K.

One of the upper tier bonuses should've been to let contributors record voiceovers, and have that selectable from the options menu along with the professional Japanese and English voices. Besides being fun to do, it'd also recapture that early PS1 game, "we found some random dudes in the neighborhood and got them to do voices" magic.

Java and Google Ultrons mostly.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd be a little leery about installing anything named "Ultron" on a computer I had to use.

I think/hope 5 keys. It's 399py6, 339 with the discount. Edit: That's assuming it's in line with Ys Origin.

Depends on how lucky our Russian Steam Overlords get with their discounted price.

Assuming $19.99 means 399 Russiabucks (as it should), yeah.

Edit: Oh, with a 15% early bird discount you're looking at 5/5.5.

Thanks. Hoping for 5 then and hope you can actually buy it before it releases.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thief Gold (Steam) -- MB-365396D7078F483B
ulgzbKC.png
Radical Heroes: Crimson City Crisis (Desura) -- MB-FA41F079126BD154 - Taken by cardinalmind
ulgzbKC.png
DATA HACKER - INITIATION (DESURA) -- MB-1B9F1EF632CEE873 - Taken by Tizoc. 2 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Thief Gold (Steam) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Radical Heroes: Crimson City Crisis (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for DATA HACKER - INITIATION (DESURA) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1406107174z1.png

aku:jiki

Just saw this on Ars Technica:

League of Legends developer Riot Games is ready to take a tougher stance with the toxic players that are ruining the gameplay experience for many of the game's more than 27 million players. Riot Lead Designer of Social Systems Jeffrey Lin announced via Twitter yesterday that, starting immediately, "players that show extreme toxicity (intentional feeding or racism, etc) will be instantly 14-day or permabanned."

In a a follow-up post on Reddit, Lin notes that things like "death threats [and] homophobia" will also draw the ire of the new stricter player moderation. Further, players that publicly complain about these bans will now be "named and shamed" through sharing the chat logs that led to the ban.
Amusing and necessary since the MOBA crowd is the absolute worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom