• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
There's a Bandai-Namco sale on GMG, EU only and quite possibly region locked for most of them.
  • Ace Combat Assault Horizon 63% off
  • Star Trek 67% off
  • Ridge Racer Unbounded 50% off
  • Inversion 50% off
  • Hexodius 50% off

If only Namco would bring more games to Steam...

Ban Puncher

The only thing better than watching anime is watching people get upset by anime.

BTHUmHz.gif

wilflare

So this is now a third set of Higurashi sprites? (Different from both the original and the console version?)

Anyway, great news, Higurashi deserves a solid translation and visuals.

No, GeDoSaTo works, the game simply doesn't support resolutions higher than 1080p.

my bad :( I'm not putting down GeDoSaTo (I love it)
I should have just posted "hope Konami patch this game to allow resolutions higher than 1080p" :/ (which people will reply "lol" to)

Danj

These have been sitting around in my inventory for ages now, I think they're stuff I got as preorder bonuses from other games. Figured now is as good a time as any to give them away.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Danj, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-A5510304BB3619F0 - Taken by Sub Zero. 17 entrants total.
Poker Night at the Inventory -- MB-9551312B8654F962 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 2 entrants total.
Galactic Civilizations Complete Pack -- MB-E06A3975BA9DC1C4 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 3 entrants total.

t1405885214z1.png

Dusk Golem

What's with the sudden burst of anime?

This is AMAZING! 11/10

Higurashi Steam game announcement, people misinterpreted what Higurashi is actually about, and people got upset because AnimeGAF recently in SteamGAF because of Visual Novels coming to Steam.

I'm excited because Higurashi is a pretty good horror visual novel with an excellent mystery element and some fun grotesque scenes. It getting an updated PC release for the Steam version is excellent news.

Higurashi also had a pretty good anime adaption (terrible dub though), linking to the show's first OP here.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Don't you miss any gaming related gifs turning them off? More than once it has convinced me to buy/play a game.

Ventara

Higurashi Steam game announcement, people misinterpreted what Higurashi is actually about, and people got upset because AnimeGAF recently in SteamGAF because of Visual Novels coming to Steam.

I'm excited because Higurashi is a pretty good horror visual novel with an excellent mystery element and some fun grotesque scenes.

Higurashi also had a pretty good opening, linking to the show's first OP here.

That's awesome! I've watched Higurashi and it's pretty awesome. Season 2 wrapped things up pretty nicely. I might get it when it comes out on Steam, though I've heard (and seen) that the visuals are kinda dated.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i find it hilarious that anime offends someone so much that they cant even look at it

Dusk Golem

That's awesome! I've watched Higurashi and it's pretty awesome. Season 2 wrapped things up pretty nicely. I might get it when it comes out on Steam, though I've heard (and seen) that the visuals are kinda dated.

That's what the news was about. The Steam version is getting completely new artwork, which is what started the anime talk.

is Higurashi going to be censored? Not sure how the game plays out, but if its anything like the anime, it could be like the most graphic game on steam

Fortix 2
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fortix 2 -- MB-97CF36D6A9FC557F

t1405875671z1.png

Chariot

i find it hilarious that anime offends someone so much that they cant even look at it
Just look at some of the reactions in the Waifu-Thread. Yes. Peole read ANIME-WAIFU and felt the need to come in the thread, just to remind us that they don't like anime.
is Higurashi going to be censored? Not sure how the game plays out, but if its anything like the anime, it could be like the most graphic game on steam
Eh, I don't think so. There are plenty violent games, just think postal 2 or Wolfenstein. Steam is just scared of nudity.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How about Quake discounts for Quakecon?

To heck with Skyrim DLC.

That won't happen until Quake gets another entry. Quake Live is really just Quake 3 with a slightly different coat of paint so it's been 15 years and counting.

Zafir

Well, the artwork itself wasn't that graphic in the original version. It was just left up to your imagination from the text.

Same for what I read of Umineko(Read the questions arc, never got round to the last 4).

Dusk Golem

I don't believe so, Steam seems to be allowing more graphic games get to Steam.

To be seen exactly what they do with the new art though. Hoping they have some of the graphic scenes from the console version of Higurashi. But I expect a lot of it to be detailed and not graphically shown.

But the game and anime did find a Western audience, so I think it may be in the clear for not being censored.

So what I'm saying is I'm more expecting the game to be like this:

lunapic_129409820457273_2.gif

As opposed to this:

A little bit graphic, as a warning.

legacyzero

Banned
Why you do this speevy? How can you not be sure I am a horrible person and don't deserve this?
It's was even on my wishlist. I cannot thank you more than with words. Thank you kindly.

What Speevy means is: "Play one of the best games of the generation."

'least that's how I read it...

dream

It's not just one or two pictures being posted though. It's a series of pictures, with each poster trying to out-weird the last.

I get that people have their fetishes, but I'd imagine that most of the participants in the Steam thread don't come here to read about how "kawaii" characters are, or how "playful" incest is.

Anteater

huh I didn't expect Tomb Raider underworld to look this graphically impressive

hmm guess because it's a 2008 game, I thought it was much older for some reason

Momentary

Banned
You know what pisses me off? It's that games like Disgaea would see like hot cakes on Steam, yet THEY won't do it. Disgaea 5 with 1,2,3,4 included for the PC at $49.99... My wallet would explode.

Deitus

Since there was such a response to the Butt Simulator giveaway yesterday, I decided to shamelessly steal Widdly Scuds' joke also give away a copy.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Deitus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Butt Simulator 2014 -- MB-E140FE5702502D37 - Taken by ItsGeeMcGee. 78 entrants total.

t1405885929z1.png

"What is Butt Simulator 2014?" you ask? Allow me to explain in picture form:

tumblr_n7a2oaoAxW1s8sdnno1_250.gif

tumblr_n80njow0Qa1spi738o1_400.gif

T5PFp2D.gif

This last one's a bit too sexy, so click at your own risk.

The game is Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance if anyone was wondering.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Pretty Sure Ace Combat is Region Free.
Can't check steamDB to 100% that though.

It was, but Scamco disabled cross-region gifting/trading when GFWL was patched out and the sub returned to the store.

Edit: Oh, retail keys. Yeah, they're fine.

Dusk Golem

You know what pisses me off? It's that games like Disgaea would see like hot cakes on Steam, yet THEY won't do it. Disgaea 5 with 1,2,3,4 included for the PC at $49.99... My wallet would explode.

There's a lot of games in this situation right now.

I won't say Silent Hill would sell like hotcakes, but hotdamn I would buy many copies of all the SH games to gift away if they came to Steam for a decent price.

Turfster

Daily Kerbal Space Program 40% off
QuakeCon Daily Elder Scrolls Franchise 75% off, Skyrim GOTY 66% off, Skyrim DLC 50% off
Humble Store Daily Killing Floor 75% off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom