• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scythian

Good news about Higurashi, I love the anime, so I'd love to play the VN. Though, it's still a ways off until the end of the year, so I'm kinda bummed about that ;_;
Also, the art looks weird, if it's not designed by Ryuukishi then I'm kinda weary about any change.

Ban Puncher

No fun allowed in SteamGAF.

Giveaways and periodic numeric updates of JaseCs collection only.

Anyone caught enjoying themselves will be immediately thrown into an Origin pit.

legacyzero

Banned
Is that Ace Combat game any good. Haven't played one since the ps2.

When Ace Combat was great.

Ace Combat 6 played great, but the story was shit.

Assault Horizon.. Well...

ace-combat_o_439729.jpg

Also: FUCK DOGFIGHT MODE.

Egamer

Good to see those giveaways! But I never understood why I didn't like Metal Gear Rising. It's in my opinion a standard fine game, but it's not that epic and the blade mode didn't really surprise me.

But I guess it must be me. ;)

dot

I'm more expecting the game to be like this:

These Higurashi gifs seem like spoilers... (it's from the anime right?)

You know what pisses me off? It's that games like Disgaea would see like hot cakes on Steam, yet THEY won't do it. Disgaea 5 with 1,2,3,4 included for the PC at $49.99... My wallet would explode.

Oh man, i'd double dip on all of them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why... why cant I freely look around in RE4? camera keeps snapping back to leon >_>

oh this is a 1 analog stick game? I thought it had "modern controls" like RE5, isnt this where it started?

Daily 75% off
QuakeCon Daily Skyrim 75% off
Today is the last day of quakecon deals, right. And elder scrolls is the last deal.
If skyrim LE was 4,99 I'd get it in a heartbeat. But - again - game+dlc is more than double the base game.
I can't imagine the logic behind this. It's simply not possible that the three dlc - of which one ain't a story dlc at all - contain more content than the base game. This is simply not the case. Then why so expensive (relatively)?
I will wait for LE to hit 4,99.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I wouldn't call myself a COD guy, but AW looks kinda cool. Maybe it is that it's adding some verticality to the franchise for once.

I gave up on the COD franchise after playing MW2 but yeah AW looks awesome. If I have any spare money left I may pick it up at launch

You know what you must do.

(1) Buy a copy of AW.
(2) Make a SteamGAF raffle.
(3) Enter raffle.
(4) Win.

Would do it, but I am not sure if I want to pay full price for a COD game yet

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hahaha, Skyrim DLCs are still only 50% off.
Just buy the legendary edition, people. :p

The Skyrim/Dishonored DLC is never going to be more than 50% off (or in the case of the latter in particular, never again). "Maybe this time will be different!" is just rolling out the red carpet for disappointment.

PaulLFC

Legendary Edition - 75% off
DLCs for people who bought the game at launch - 50% off

Thanks Bethesda.

They might as well call the next one "TES VI: Wait for the GOTY Edition"

rtcn63

When are we going to get that John Malkovich Simulator that the late '90s promised? Add Oculus Rift support, and we'd be so good.

JaseC

Today is the last day of quakecon deals, right. And elder scrolls is the last deal.
If skyrim LE was 4,99 I'd get it in a heartbeat. But - again - game+dlc is more than double the base game.
I can't imagine the logic behind this. It's simply not possible that the three dlc - of which one ain't a story dlc at all - contain more content than the base game. This is simply not the case. Then why so expensive (relatively)?
I will wait for LE to hit 4,99.

The ROW sub is completely region-free so you should be able to find someone selling it for 3 keys.

No fun allowed in SteamGAF.

Giveaways and periodic numeric updates of JaseCs collection only.

Anyone caught enjoying themselves will be immediately thrown into an Origin pit.
Why u no have steam name in profile?
Seriously, I want to add you but I can't find you. Stop being elusive :p

The ROW sub is completely region-free so you should be able to find someone selling it for 3 keys.
3 keys = ? dollars
Never bought with keys.

JaseC

Is it worth buying Metal Gear again if you already beat it on ps3? :3

The DLC is included in the PC version by default, however you might as well just wait for 66% or higher if that's the only content that'll be new to you.

Turfster

So for people that bought the Indie Meadow bundle in 2013 (I didn't even know it existed, tbh), your Memories of a Vagabond Steam keys are now available.

Kyougar

Higurashi_002.png

Turns out Higurashi for Steam release WILL be getting new art, and feature new effects and such as the game is being made in Unity to port it out to multiple platforms.

First Chapter of the visual novel will release on Steam later this year, you can also buy the original game with the updated translation from their website, and people who bought the original game from their website will get the new translation and updated version at no cost at all.

Thank god, i hae to read the VN, only saw the anime before. but hope that Umineko gets also a release

Lomax

I can't think of any game that has been on sale for exactly 40% off as many times as Kerbal. They seem really fond of that number, even as they've increased the base price.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
no you see the normal edition 75% off. Legendary on GMG is 53% off (lol) and 66% on steam

I confuzzled myself with the Steam Sale :(.

They cost nearly the same though, since the base price is lower on GMG

Skyrim LE (Steam) 11.19 EUR ->103 SEK
Skyrim LE (GMG) 9.39 GBP ->109 SEK

Ventara

So I'm looking through my TF2 inventory and see I have a couple of crates and stuff I can't trade. What do you guys do with this stuff? Should I unlock the crates? The keys cost $2.

You are soooooo right. :D

The DLC is included in the PC version by default, however you might as well just wait for 66% or higher if that's the only content that'll be new to you.

Normally, I agree with most of what you say.
But you have not played MGR:R to my knowledge.
So the uninformed "only the DLC is new" is not an argument here... especially since Konami went batshit insane and made the DLC free on consoles are a small window of time.

The game is like a hot injection of pure awesome. Anyone interested or anyone who enjoyed the console version should definitely buy it IMMEDIATELY (for other reasons as well, such as convincing KONAMI that there is a bunch of money to be made off PC ports).

You have asked this before.
And we have answered before.
You know in your heart that the answer is a resounding YES.
If I platinumed the game on PS3 and then bough the PC release on pre-order and did everything all over again to get 100% (even the DLC), I think you know where I stand.

Anteater

Well it has better resolution and more stable framerate, and you can remove the grain filter with a mod.

Did you buy the DLCs? The pc version comes with both sam and blade dawg dlc. I think it's worth it if you're going to replay it, otherwise just wait until the price drops more :p

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
You are soooooo right. :D

Normally, I agree with most of what you say.
But you have not played MGR:R to my knowledge.
So the uninformed "only the DLC is new" is not an argument here... especially since Konami went batshit insane and made the DLC free on consoles are a small window of time.

The game is like a hot injection of pure awesome. Anyone interested or anyone who enjoyed the console version should definitely buy it IMMEDIATELY (for other reasons as well, such as convincing KONAMI that there is a bunch of money to be made off PC ports).

^^ this!!!!

Sky Chief

Reposting this awesome game

Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sky Chief:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sky Chief, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE #2 -- MB-15D61093603240AA - Taken by Kanokare
t1cxE6r.gif
METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE -- MB-B9D0B1077914AB59 - Taken by hitmon

t1405884312z1.png

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Crap, I missed an AW giveaway? That's what I get for playing RE4 all day
I missed it. That's what I get for sleeping.
Shh, only Spaceys now
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (nbnt, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare -- MB-8527BDEE86A2EBBD - Taken by PunishedSnake. 104 entrants total.

t1405887311z1.png
That's it, empty wallet. Gonna rewatch LOST and then rob a bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom