• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

The game is like a hot injection of pure awesome. Anyone interested or anyone who enjoyed the console version should definitely buy it IMMEDIATELY (for other reasons as well, such as convincing KONAMI that there is a bunch of money to be made off PC ports).

Counterpoint: The game is pretty meh, and if we want to convince Konami there's money to be made off PC ports, they better start making better ports =p

Shh, only Spaceys now
Jesus.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Normally, I agree with most of what you say.
But you have not played MGR:R to my knowledge.
So the uninformed "only the DLC is new" is not an argument here... especially since Konami went batshit insane and made the DLC free on consoles are a small window of time.

Read my post again, and for the sake of clarification I was saying that he should wait for a sale because it'd be fairer to leave the giveaway for those who've yet to play the game at all.

Nabs

Anyone want to help me test something real fast? If you own SSFIV and don't have me on your Steam list, click: this. I just want to see if it allows you to join my private lobby without being on my FL. Sorry, no anime gifs here.

Thanks again!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
P.N.O3 needs a Steam release for Maximum Butts.

Sir.gif

Good morning GAF! I woke up to a nice surprise which was Sub Zero gifting me Strider. Now I know what I'm doing with my afternoon, thanks man!

I'm setting myself up for a bunch of "You thought that was hard? I finished it in like 2 hours. Mine is the superior intellect" but f me I'm too dumb to play The Swapper.

Phinor

With this 50% off DLC thing they have going on, it's becoming quite easy to not pre-order any Bethesda games anymore.

And then they announce Fallout 4 and I'll cry myself to sleep with my wallet in bits and pieces all over my keyboard.

kurahador

So I'm looking through my TF2 inventory and see I have a couple of crates and stuff I can't trade. What do you guys do with this stuff? Should I unlock the crates? The keys cost $2.

Nope! If you want to test your luck, you better off buying Dota 2 stuffs.

TF2 good item drops is really shit, like 1 in a gazillions to get something decent...and another 1 in a billions for the REALLY good stuff.
Seriously, don't bother.

Shadownet

Banned
You have asked this before.
And we have answered before.
You know in your heart that the answer is a resounding YES.
If I platinumed the game on PS3 and then bough the PC release on pre-order and did everything all over again to get 100% (even the DLC), I think you know where I stand.

Well my bad for asking again :( meany butt

If you still have it, the DLC went free for the console version, too.

I sold my copy already :( welp. I'll listen to JaseC and wait for that 75 sale. Gotta finish other games first.

Counterpoint: The game is pretty meh, and if we want to convince Konami there's money to be made off PC ports, they better start making better ports =p

Jesus.

You and your 4k display... quiet you. You forget most of us are peasants without such fancy 2.35:1 displays. :p

The port is excellent in my experience. 60fps, 1080p, all the content ever made... steamworks support, etc.

Sky Chief

Still one more Destiny code if anyone wants it

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sky Chief:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sky Chief, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Destiny PS4 US Beta -- MB-F7CE4E049105FDBC
Destiny PS4 US Beta #2 -- MB-01660B68B5CD0093 - Taken by Avellon. 1 entrants total.

t1405873989z1.png

With this 50% off DLC thing they have going on, it's becoming quite easy to not pre-order any Bethesda games anymore.

And then they announce Fallout 4 and I'll cry myself to sleep with my wallet in bits and pieces all over my keyboard.
It's best to wait for the GOTY or "Ultimate" editions with all dlc included.

my 1st giveaway :)
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (salazar547, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified -- MB-3CE76716A8C2FDDC - Taken by Dragon1893. 8 entrants total.

t1405877771z1.png

Nabs

Woohoo! My SFIV link worked! Thanks Kryptonite. This will be useful for future SSFIV and Ultra endless rooms.

For anyone that wants to generate the link: Start an endless lobby with private slots, then check your Steam Profile for the "Join Game" link.

Evrain

Not to break the strong flow of waifu Higurashi generated, but I have a question for those still stuck with Payday 1: can the game be player stealthily at all?
I tried scouting the bank, taking note of cameras and guards, but there was no way to stay covert and even just get the director's keycard. Same with the diamond heist, no way to at least scout the level, as ANY hostile action would mean immediate detection.

Also, CoD on giveaway? Is it Spacey day or something?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Or join me in my on-the-edge seat wait for Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu-Ray coming out in 9 days.

1_tp_bd_cover.jpg

It's so close, I'm so excited!

Twin Peaks hitting BD still feels so surreal -- people were so certain that, since the show was mastered in SD, it'd never see a high-def release. The common assumption, I'd presume, was that the original film negatives had been lost to time, but I'm glad the show's cult status gave rise to a successful effort to find them.

derExperte

Not to break the strong flow of waifu Higurashi generated, but I have a question for those still stuck with Payday 1: can the game be player stealthily at all?
I tried scouting the bank, taking note of cameras and guards, but there was no way to stay covert and even just get the director's keycard. Same with the diamond heist, no way to at least scout the level, as ANY hostile action would mean immediate detection.

No, some missions can be done with stealth up to a certain point (the one in the hospital or the one with the garden party and Diamond Heist, just avoid the guards) but sooner or later cops will show up.

diamond heist is the only one that is stealth-able in the entire game
you can't kill anybody, it will sound the alarm

Don't the cops show up at least after opening the vault?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Shh, only Spaceys now

That's it, empty wallet. Gonna rewatch LOST and then rob a bank.

Amazing. I won't win but I will blame you if I get heartbroken and buy it for myself after losing the raffle

I also need to rewatch LOST. Although I'm not sure if I want to experience the terribad Season 6 again

diamond heist is the only one that is stealth-able in its entirety
you can't kill anybody, it will sound the alarm
there is no noise mechanic so you can run behind a guard and it will not notice it
goal in the map is to dodge guards and plant the devices

imo stealth in both pd1 and pd2 isn't worth it, too restrictive for fun stealth gameplay

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Whats the buzz on Defense Grid 2?

Price seems a bit high.

Price is a bit high, but the game is great (at least, the beta was). Seems like a really solid tower defense game, though honestly I'll probably be waiting for a bigger discount.

Nabs

Same test as above, but this time with Skullgirls. If you own SG and don't have me on your list, click this[/url].

Thanks again!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Twin Peaks hitting BD still feels so surreal -- people were so certain that, since the show was mastered in SD, it'd never see a high-def release. The common assumption, I'd presume, was that the original film negatives had been lost to time, but I'm glad the show's cult status gave rise to a successful effort to find them.

now if only someone went and "found" (and released on BD) The X-Files - that would be something ... but I guess that's never going to happen *sigh*

Shadownet

Banned
This rises my chances to win by 100%.
I always thought the guy in your avatar is Roy Mustang for some reason.

I'm still waiting for the first half of Smallville to hit blu-ray!:(

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So my last Call a Doody was cod4, but if I win AW I'm gonna force myself to buy and play all the new ones in honor of nbnt's extreme generosity and unquestionable taste in video games

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The ModBot tutorial has been updated. The layout is better, the explanations are clearer, and there's a FAQ designed to answer the kinds of questions I mostly get via PM and in here. You can view the new tutorial here and links to the ModBot thread should be updated to reflect this change. There are no policy changes associated with this, this is just for clarity. GRIEF's "how to give away ModBot games through steam" post is incorporated, it's just linked instead of in-line. As are the animated GIFs.

If someone asks a ModBot related question that is easily answered by a part of the tutorial, PLEASE refer them to the tutorial thread.

I mention this because, again, I will be away most of August and so it's important that as much as possible, the thread self-moderates ModBot usage.

Gangxxter

The ModBot tutorial has been updated. The layout is better, the explanations are clearer, and there's a FAQ designed to answer the kinds of questions I mostly get via PM and in here. You can view the new tutorial here and links to the ModBot thread should be updated to reflect this change. There are no policy changes associated with this, this is just for clarity. GRIEF's "how to give away ModBot games through steam" post is incorporated, it's just linked instead of in-line. As are the animated GIFs.

If someone asks a ModBot related question that is easily answered by a part of the tutorial, PLEASE refer them to the tutorial thread.
Thanks for this great tutorial, very well done.

... even though most of us suck donkey balls in this game
ESPECIALLY me :p

No, you're a competent accomplice. Trust me...

Read my post again, and for the sake of clarification I was saying that he should wait for a sale because it'd be fairer to leave the giveaway for those who've yet to play the game at all.

Sorry, I should've made my point clearer -- unless he sold it prior to the DLC going free, it was all but included with the console versions, as it went free shortly after it was launched.

My post wasn't worded right and I see why you thought I thought you said something different.

And my point still stands -- anyone who liked MGR:R on consoles -- sell/trade your console version and buy the PC version immediately before the discount is gone. :p

Phinor

It's best to wait for the GOTY or "Ultimate" editions with all dlc included.

But that would mean it's actually possible to resist Fallout 4, which we know is in fact not possible due to how radiation works. Of course they might roll out with a huge pre-order DLC campaign with 27 stores getting 54 different pieces of content, two season passes and six other DLC packs announced day 1. Actually that's pretty likely to happen, isn't it? First they need to announce the game though..

But I'm definitely changing my stance with most Bethesda games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom