• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

Personally I'm more offended by people using Destiny beta codes as ModBot giveaways than the crappy indie bundle games to qualify for those pay it forward stuff.

HoosTrax

Dammit, it is a Facebook-like giveaway.
Nevermind, I was able to make a fake throwaway Facebook account and get a key.

Apparently Facebook does not accept "Jane Doe" as a valid real name, but "Nowai Jose" is perfectly fine. What if you were actually named "Jane Doe"...

We'll get you there, we swear.

The stuff I quoted only goes into the PM to Modbot.

Also, is this mystery game different than the Thief Gold you posted earlier? Because that key is definitely gone.

Yeah, mystery game is a different game. Also I wish that was an Anonymous giveaway, only that could make it more fun.
Anyway, my actual worry is the repost, since modbot will probably repost it since nobody ever taken it from modbot.

rtcn63

Speevy, you forgot

norussian.jpg

Shadownet

Banned
Anonymous giveaways count fully; garbage dumps don't. Giveaways only count if someone claims them.

Hey Stump, is it possible to create a rule like PayItFoward where its either

1) You have to gift away a game BEFORE the raffle is registered, otherwise even if you try to do it afterward. It wouldn't count toward that raffle.

2) Or keep everything the same, but make it so that you have to gift away a game that is $5-10 to be able to qualify. Since Modbot can detect when a game is over $30 right? would it be able to detect smaller amount?

Ben652

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ben652, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

iBomber Defense Pacific -- MB-1ED87871CFF785EF - Taken by Sendou
N.P.P.D. RUSH -- MB-206EB888E9E4F294 - Taken by redlacs

Turfster

Daily Need for Speed Hot Fursuit 75% off
Humble Daily King's Bounty Collector's Pack 75% off

Also, Unrest is now out.
You know what to do, people.

Yrael

I think the $5-$10 rule would be ideal, since if it's a 24 hour raffle it's feasible that someone could end up winning another game in that time interval thus disqualifying them unless they give away something else.

Toki767

Hey Stump, is it possible to create a rule like PayItFoward where its either

1) You have to gift away a game BEFORE the raffle is registered, otherwise even if you try to do it afterward. It wouldn't count toward that raffle.

2) Or keep everything the same, but make it so that you have to gift away a game that is $5-10 to be able to qualify. Since Modbot can detect when a game is over $30 right? would it be able to detect smaller amount?

Isn't the problem with the second one that ModBot can't distinguish bundle games? Even the crappy games in these bundles are like $5 on Steam.

Anonymous giveaways count fully; garbage dumps don't. Giveaways only count if someone claims them.

Was my explanation to Tizoc of modbot checking qualifications mostly right?

Not sure if old, but Data Hacker: Initiation keys are up on Desura.

Eh. They'll be gone by the time I get home, and won't be replaced just like toxic rabbit HD, I'll bet.

NOLURKERS
NOJUNIIORS
NOVEGANS
NOCHRISTIANS
NOATHEISTS
NOJEWS
NOLEFTHANDED
YEARLONGRAFFLE
INDEBTEDFORLIFE
GARBAGEDAY
BLOWJOBS
BLACKDUDESONLY

Bwahahaha. speevy, you're killin it.

ShogunX

Personally I'm more offended by people using Destiny beta codes as ModBot giveaways than the crappy indie bundle games to qualify for those pay it forward stuff.

What exactly is pay it forward stuff? I'm honestly surprised people are still so hot for more Batman, had more than enough fill with the last three.

I recently hit 1,000 games on Steam so I thought I should give a little back to BestGAF.

*Note: Warlock 2 is the Great Mage Edition and not the plain version.

And no, this is not so I can enter the Arkham Knight giveaway. I am not entering it.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman: Absolution -- MB-CC2A9DE4A25E4DF7 - Taken by Genki. 18 entrants total.
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition -- MB-8AE86F29CCB26D30 - Taken by MisterLuffy. 28 entrants total.
Just Cause 2 -- MB-1EFCCDBBD9A186A4 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 9 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut -- MB-EA9F6EB5C84A9DD8 - Taken by devo1989. 31 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Warlock 2: The Exiled: Great Mage Edition -- MB-61F55069A2531183 - Taken by Benedict. 21 entrants total.
Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition -- MB-3BEE6578DC4C9264 - Taken by Pakkidis. 9 entrants total.

t1406145698z1.png

Yrael

What exactly is pay it forward stuff? I'm honestly surprised people are still so hot for more Batman, had more than enough fill with the last three.

"Pay It Forward" means that you can only qualify for a raffle if you've given away a game through ModBot since the last time you won something.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Kairo -- MB-A84FE3C8C481FD1F - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 4 entrants total.

t1406135916z1.png

Toki767

Any time someone puts the pay it forward rule in a ModBot giveaway, you see an influx of low tier bundle games. It's made even worse with Destiny beta codes lately. Even the Dead Island Epidemic beta stuff is pretty bad in my opinion.

Glad to hear the Room is coming to Steam. Think they'll make a fair amount of cash there if the port is solid. I hate it when games have iOS artefacts in their UI and feel.

Beelzebubs

Bundle extra, good little game in my opinion!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Beelzebubs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-EE5618A7EC003A00 - Taken by Cozmogramma

Games I didn't want from the Square Enix-bundle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thief Gold -- MB-67AC629E89117431 - Taken by deadflower81
Daikatana -- MB-8FD4EAD1087F43F5 - Taken by Blue Ninja. 4 entrants total.
Anachronox -- MB-AED73584FA2AA9A8 - Taken by weemadarthur. 1 entrants total.

t1406136036z1.png

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
What was that indie pixelart kickstarter game with that sexy lighting? I think there was a campfire scene (not Shovel Knight).

ShogunX

"Pay It Forward" means that you can only qualify for a raffle if you've given away a game through ModBot since the last time you won something.

You need to have given away a game since your last win to qualify.

Any time someone puts the pay it forward rule in a ModBot giveaway, you see an influx of low tier bundle games. It's made even worse with Destiny beta codes lately. Even the Dead Island Epidemic beta stuff is pretty bad in my opinion.

I see, makes sense thanks. Cant there be a special rule for special give always?.....like instead of 5 posts make it 20.

Shadownet

Banned

Maybe I should send them this if one of those people ended up winning. lol

1HWQIPa.gif

Anteater

Other NFS games are discounted as well

Need for Speed: Shift and Shift 2 unleashed, etc are at $4.99.

I'll probably buy them in winter sale, still need to finish Grid 2.

I can't believe no one wanted FTL Such a great game(I've turned many of my friends on to it)... I guess lots of people have it?
I entered but someone else won I guess.
I recently hit 1,000 games on Steam so I thought I should give a little back to BestGAF.[/SPOILER]
Hitman, Deus Ex HR and Dark Souls. So nice of you, thanks for the chance!
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
eehr.. it's not like I wanted them badly anyway... I did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom