• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadRamen

Is there any reason Cold Fear isn't discounted in this Zombie sale on GMG? From the little I played on PS2 back in the day, this b-level Resident Evil deffff has some zombie stuff!

Turfster

Is there any reason Cold Fear isn't discounted in this Zombie sale on GMG? From the little I played on PS2 back in the day, this b-level Resident Evil deffff has some zombie stuff!

It uh... is? On page 2.
It's 1.24€, and a steal at that price.
Edit: of course, it's not a Steam key...

what do you say? i buy skyrim legendary or wait for gta5? (limited budget 😢 )

GTA5 totally isn't worth it, especially not at launch price.

I played it back in the day and it was good, the water effects on the first level blew me away.

I dont know why they didnt put it on sale... maybe its more like monster game?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
i find it hilarious that anime offends someone so much that they cant even look at it

The problem isn't that anime gifs are being posted, it's that there are multiple posts of GIFs, and quotes where GAF members don't edit out the GIFs from showing, which results in pages upon pages of GIFs that have no relevance to Steam; let alone gaming. It would be the equivalent of people going into a Anime thread and posting/quoting five pages of sports GIFs. Yeah, the snide comment to this would be along the lines of, "I think that would be funny, I also like sports, or nofunallowed.png". But it wouldn't be funny if this continually happened multiple times a month in a thread that is at face value not about sports. And this is not a one time occurrence. It has been a consistent problem in the Steam threads for awhile. And every time people voice their discontent, there are dismissive nofunallowed.png or sarcastic posts made. At no point is there any self-reflection, wherein the people responsible consider that what they are doing is in anyway harmful or off putting. Because in a few days or weeks, the same posters are at it again, posting more GIFs.

It's fine if one or two relevant reaction GIFs are posted, or if there is a short lived tangential conversation. But when the entire thread devolves into unrelated walls of anime, lewd, or funny GIF's or pictures, it becomes unreasonable. People make jokes about the Steam threads being moved to community due to the constant tangents, but at this point that is the only place that it deserves to be if animeGAF can't control themselves.

Tellaerin

Awww, but didn't you think the original artwork was kawaii?

1395947410696.jpg

Certainly helped the horror tone of the game, in its own ways.

I don't know anything about this game, but I'm very glad they're not using that art, because it's just disturbing. Particularly the girl on the left's grotesquely swollen, melting hands. Between that and her pose, all I could think of was that poor bastard in Robocop who got doused in toxic waste and melted.

Edit: Sorry, Casimir. Hope that my post wasn't a problem for you. I just felt that the original artwork for this game was
atrocious enough to be
worth commenting on. >.>

Nabs

That worked! Cool

Hell yeah! Thank you for helping me out. This means no more asking for SG lobbies, I'll just start 'em up and post the link here. I can even leave it running (with maybe a stream going) for people to join and play each other.

Double

Or join me in my on-the-edge seat wait for Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu-Ray coming out in 9 days.

1_tp_bd_cover.jpg

It's so close, I'm so excited!
wtf is this? thats news to me. (still missing the last ~6 episodes from TP too

those giveaways man, you guys rock

eek5

The ModBot tutorial has been updated. The layout is better, the explanations are clearer, and there's a FAQ designed to answer the kinds of questions I mostly get via PM and in here. You can view the new tutorial here and links to the ModBot thread should be updated to reflect this change. There are no policy changes associated with this, this is just for clarity. GRIEF's "how to give away ModBot games through steam" post is incorporated, it's just linked instead of in-line. As are the animated GIFs.

If someone asks a ModBot related question that is easily answered by a part of the tutorial, PLEASE refer them to the tutorial thread.

Nice. Looks a lot more clear on everything. I didn't even realize some of those options existed or knew how to use them before hah :|

Also, the FAQ is great.

Is ModBot rigged?
No

:lol

Monooboe

Is it just me or is it irritating as hell that a GOTY version gets much bigger price cut during a sale than the DLC? Isn't that kind of like spitting in the face of all those who bought the game in the first place and probably bought some of the DLC and now have to rebuy bunch of it to get the rest. Looking at the Skyrim sale and the Dishonored sale that was. Why can't others do what for example Deus Ex Human Revolution and Civilization V did, with an upgrade option to GOTY or Gold? Sorry for ranting but seems just so shitty.

Evrain

diamond heist is the only one that is stealth-able in its entirety
you can't kill anybody, it will sound the alarm
there is no noise mechanic so you can run behind a guard and it will not notice it
goal in the map is to dodge guards and plant the devices

imo stealth in both pd1 and pd2 isn't worth it, too restrictive for fun stealth gameplay
Thanks for the tips :)
To me, stealth is just the first part, as in whittle the ranks enough before going in guns blazing.

user237

You know what pisses me off? It's that games like Disgaea would see like hot cakes on Steam, yet THEY won't do it. Disgaea 5 with 1,2,3,4 included for the PC at $49.99... My wallet would explode.

I agree but people would say "those games are old, I'll wait until it in a $1 bundle"

Speevy

Banned
Hey guys, I just bought the legendary edition of Skyrim. It says I own it and all the DLC, but it's not there in the data files menu.

Kyougar

I don't know anything about this game, but I'm very glad they're not using that art, because it's just disturbing. Particularly the girl on the left's grotesquely swollen, melting hands. Between that and her pose, all I could think of was that poor bastard in Robocop who got doused in toxic waste and melted.

Edit: Sorry, Casimir. Hope that my post wasn't a problem for you. I just felt that the original artwork for this game was
atrocious enough to be
worth commenting on. >.>

That was his (ryu) first Sound Novel, he got better at it, but the hands never felt right in the original releases.

Tellaerin

I agree but people would say "those games are old, I'll wait until it in a $1 bundle"

Honestly, $9.99 seems like a fair price for the older Disgaea games on PC, given how long they've been available for other platforms. I can't imagine Disgaea 1 or 2 selling for $20+ now, but they're worth getting outside of a bundle.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sorry, I should've made my point clearer -- unless he sold it prior to the DLC going free, it was all but included with the console versions, as it went free shortly after it was launched.

My post wasn't worded right and I see why you thought I thought you said something different.

Okay, but that doesn't really address how you got "only the DLC is new" from "... if that's the only content that'll be new to you". You apparently misread "if" as "since" or something to such effect, which is why I asked you to re-read the post -- you labelled me uninformed only to paraphrase my post with a misinterpretation. Given what you've said I agree that it's highly likely he's already played the DLC, but again the crux of my post was that he should instead wait for a sale rather than enter a giveaway since he's already experienced most of what the game has to offer.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
:O

I NEED THIS. How come I haven't head about this release? :l

It was in the rumor mill for a long time but officially announced a few months ago. Includes every episode of the show (including the extended pilot with the shows alternate ending that aired in Europe), the movie, and every bonus feature from every previous DVD release, including the deleted scenes from each episode, old TV specials, and the like.

PLUS, they're finally releasing the cut footage and never-before released 45 minutes from the film to the public for the first time, and have recorded some new stuff for the Blu-Ray release as well, along with new special features.

Apparently some of the deleted scenes are also being released for the first time, including he Season 2 finale extended ending which was never released until now (there were in fact scenes that were recorded beyond
'How's Annie?"
).

Shhh, I love Blue Velvet too obviously.

Twin Peaks hitting BD still feels so surreal -- people were so certain that, since the show was mastered in SD, it'd never see a high-def release. The common assumption, I'd presume, was that the original film negatives had been lost to time, but I'm glad the show's cult status gave rise to a successful effort to find them.

It seems it's taken a while as there's been rumors and leaks about this for the last couple years. I'm also happy they went out of their way to edit in and release new footage and record some new footage for it. But will be surreal seeing it in high-def, I am a bit saddened Lynch confirms this will be the last Twin Peaks-related thing he'll ever work on, but I do understand he's only getting older and it's almost 25 years old now.

I'm trying so hard to pull the trigger on Twin Peaks, but...man, it's on Netflix...

Here's a breakdown what's on every disc in the Blue-Ray:

Disc One:
-Pilot Episode, both the Original Version (episode 0) and the Alternate International Version (includes shows alternate ending and an additional 30-40 minutes of footage)
-Episodes 1-2
-Special Features: Log Lady Intros 1-2 (HD), Preview and recaps on select episodes (HD)

Disc Two:
-Episodes 3-7
-Special Features: Season 1 Image Gallery, Twin Peaks Sneak Peeks (HD), Log Lady Intros 3-7 (HD) , Previews and recaps on select episodes (HD)

Disc Three:
-Episodes 8-10
-Special Features: A Slice of Lynch: Uncut [New] (HD), Season 2 Image Gallery, Promos (HD/SD), Log Lady Intros 8-10 (HD) , Preview and recaps on select episodes (HD)

Disc Four:
-Episodes 11-14
-Special Features: Series Deleted Scenes, Series Deleted Scenes [New] (HD), Outtakes [New] (HD), Log Lady Intros 11-14 (HD), Preview and recaps on select episodes (HD)

Disc Five:
-Episodes 15-18
-Special Features: Return To Twin Peaks, Location Guide. The Glastonbury Archives, 17 Pieces of Pie: Shooting at the Mar T (AKA RR) Diner, Mark Frost Interview with Wrapped in Plastic, Learning to Speak in the Red Room, An Introduction to David Lynch, Lucy Bumpers, 1-900 Hotline, Production Documents, Image Galleries, Log Lady Intros 15-18 (HD), Preview and recaps on select episodes (HD)

Disc Six:
-Episodes 19-22
-Special Features: Postcards From The Cast, Twin Peaks Sneak Peaks (HD), Log Lady Intros 19-22 (HD), Preview and recaps on select episodes (HD)

Disc Seven:
-Episodes 23-26
-Special Features: Cast And Crew Interviews , Log Lady Intros 23-26 (HD), Preview and recaps on select episodes (HD)

Disc Eight:
-Episodes 27-29
-Special Features: Secrets From Another Place: Creating Twin Peaks (HD), Northwest Passage: Creating the Pilot , Freshly Squeezed: Creating Season One, Where We’re From: Creating the Music, Into the Night: Creating Season Two, Log Lady Intros 27-29 (HD), Preview and recaps on select episodes (HD)

Disc Nine:
-Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
-The Missing Pieces: Deleted/Alternate Scenes (45 minutes cut from the film plus variety of scenes cut from the TV show) [NEW] (HD)
-Special Feature: Archival Interviews

Disc Ten:
-Special Features: Between Two Worlds [NEW] (HD), Palmer Family Interview, Actors Discussion. Moving Through Time: Fire Walk With Me Memories [NEW] (HD), Reflections On The Phenomenon Of Twin Peaks, US Trailer, International Trailer, Fire Walk With Me Photo Gallery, Atmospherics [NEW] (HD)

And for some of the new content;

Don't watch this unless you've seen the show, a trailer for the deleted scenes being released for the first time from the TV show and the film.

Deitus

Wow, nice update to the ModBot guide Stump. I found this bit especially interesting:
I used to win games all the time, I've won hundreds of games, but now I can't seem to win any anymore. What gives?

The top five all-time winners (each well over 175 games won at this point) have a special restriction placed on their accounts which requires them to give away a game between each win. The way I see it, top winners are one of two people: hardcore leeches who are basically abusing the system OR people who are really involved and active with using the system. The former don't really deserve to keep winning, the latter won't be impacted because they'll be giving stuff back.​

Makes sense, but I had no idea such a system was even in place.

Also, if anyone missed my giveaway earlier, click below:

dream

Here's a breakdown what's on every disc in the Blue-Ray:

Disc One:
-Pilot Episode, both the Original Version (episode 0) and the Alternate International Version (includes shows alternate ending and an additional 30-40 minutes of footage)
-Episodes 1-2
-Special Features: Log Lady Intros 1-2 (HD), Preview and recaps on select episodes (HD)

Disc Two:
-Episodes 3-7
-Special Features: Season 1 Image Gallery, Twin Peaks Sneak Peeks (HD), Log Lady Intros 3-7 (HD) , Previews and recaps on select episodes (HD)

Disc Three:
-Episodes 8-10
-Special Features: A Slice of Lynch: Uncut [New] (HD), Season 2 Image Gallery, Promos (HD/SD), Log Lady Intros 8-10 (HD) , Preview and recaps on select episodes (HD)

Disc Four:
-Episodes 11-14
-Special Features: Series Deleted Scenes, Series Deleted Scenes [New] (HD), Outtakes [New] (HD), Log Lady Intros 11-14 (HD), Preview and recaps on select episodes (HD)

Disc Five:
-Episodes 15-18
-Special Features: Return To Twin Peaks, Location Guide. The Glastonbury Archives, 17 Pieces of Pie: Shooting at the Mar T (AKA RR) Diner, Mark Frost Interview with Wrapped in Plastic, Learning to Speak in the Red Room, An Introduction to David Lynch, Lucy Bumpers, 1-900 Hotline, Production Documents, Image Galleries, Log Lady Intros 15-18 (HD), Preview and recaps on select episodes (HD)

Disc Six:
-Episodes 19-22
-Special Features: Postcards From The Cast, Twin Peaks Sneak Peaks (HD, Log Lady Intros 19-22 (HD), Preview and recaps on select episodes (HD)

Disc Seven:
-Episodes 23-26
-Special Features: Cast And Crew Interviews , Log Lady Intros 23-26 (HD), Preview and recaps on select episodes (HD)

Disc Eight:
-Episodes 27-29
-Special Features: Secrets From Another Place: Creating Twin Peaks (HD), Northwest Passage: Creating the Pilot , Freshly Squeezed: Creating Season One, Where We’re From: Creating the Music, Into the Night: Creating Season Two, Log Lady Intros 17-29 (HD), Preview and recaps on select episodes (HD)

Disc Nine:
-Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
-The Missing Pieces: Deleted/Alternate Scenes (45 minutes cut from the film plus variety of scenes cut from the TV show) [NEW] (HD)
-Special Feature: Archival Interviews

Disc Ten:
-Special Features: Between Two Worlds [NEW] (HD), Palmer Family Interview, Actors Discussion. Moving Through Time: Fire Walk With Me Memories [NEW] (HD), Reflections On The Phenomenon Of Twin Peaks, US Trailer, International Trailer, Fire Walk With Me Photo Gallery, Atmospherics [NEW] (HD)

And for some of the new content;

Don't watch this unless you've seen the show, a trailer for the deleted scenes being released for the first time from the TV show and the film.

God. My wallet wants you to go fuck yourself.

This sounds so...definitive...and I don't think I can resist ordering it now.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
The ModBot tutorial has been updated. The layout is better, the explanations are clearer, and there's a FAQ designed to answer the kinds of questions I mostly get via PM and in here. You can view the new tutorial here and links to the ModBot thread should be updated to reflect this change. There are no policy changes associated with this, this is just for clarity. GRIEF's "how to give away ModBot games through steam" post is incorporated, it's just linked instead of in-line. As are the animated GIFs.

If someone asks a ModBot related question that is easily answered by a part of the tutorial, PLEASE refer them to the tutorial thread.

I mention this because, again, I will be away most of August and so it's important that as much as possible, the thread self-moderates ModBot usage.

I would add a "How to Enter" section that's easily linked to (with pictures). When posting outside the Steam thread, people seem to not be able to follow directions on how to enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom