• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats weird , before i restart steam , there was a music option in library
now there isn't

To be honest the Steam music player is really half-baked at the moment. There is no real features other than playing music, repeat and a shitty shuffle (all it does is scramble the playlist rather than play a random song on the playlist).

You're better off with your preferred music player for now.

iosefe

Why are there so many Sims 2 giveaway?

I mean, I think it's okay giving away Steam keys that required Facebook, Twitter or Alienware arena accounts because not all people want to create an account only to grab a key, but the code for Sims 2 is in clear, all can access it, all have an Origin account so...where is the point?

only one of them is real, if you notice the mb code for one of them, it's actually the origin code. Cheddahz is just a joker.

Cheddahz

Banned
Why are there so many Sims 2 giveaway?

I mean, I think it's okay giving away Steam keys that required Facebook, Twitter or Alienware arena accounts because not all people want to create an account only to grab a key, but the code for Sims 2 is in clear, all can access it, all have an Origin account so...where is the point?

More or less, it's a joke (because anyone can get The Sims 2 for free now)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
No, not new features, I'm just testing all the spare routers I have around my apartment and need to remove custom firmware before I resell them.

oh crap, i just tried to register something, will it still work or will I need to do it again?

It will still work, nothing will be lost

me0wish

Hello awesome people of steam gaf, I apologies for any duplicate keys and I thank you for all the thank you messages, its my pleasure to see you all happy cause of the keys I've provided :)

Just a question, is there anyway to easily find people who quoted me? Thanks a lot!

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Don't bother entering zerOman, you know why.

On a happier note, this just came out. If you should happen to win, try and post some impressions when you get around to actually playing it!
I know, I know, we don't actually play our games. :p

Looks nice. It reminds me of some books I read as a kid.

iosefe

Hello awesome people of steam gaf, I apologies for any duplicate keys and I thank you for all the thank you messages, its my pleasure to see you all happy cause of the keys I've provided :)

Just a question, is there anyway to easily find people who quoted me? Thanks a lot!

hit search, posts :

quote="[insert username here]"

Is there any way to tell what game you're getting with a humble bundle gift link before you redeem it? I want to know before I do a mystery giveaway. If there isn't I'll put a placeholder link and have whoever wins PM me for the humble link.

Kiru

Is there any way to tell what game you're getting with a humble bundle gift link before you redeem it? I want to know before I do a mystery giveaway. If there isn't I'll put a placeholder link and have whoever wins PM me for the humble link.
There's no actual way I think, but you could redeem it yourself and check what it is and the link you get to your email is still usable by others to activate the game within.

Altazor

Last ten minutes of my first giveaway! If you haven't played this amazing game yet - here's your chance!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Altazor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Altazor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut -- MB-D54D4FD744220679 - Taken by Zero-Crescent. 38 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1406152596z1.png

73V3N

Banned
I'm trying to launch GTA IV EFLC but it's not working (it was working a few days ago), and now I checked the GFWL client and is not letting me log in anymore, anyone else having this problem?

Nabs

I'm trying to launch GTA IV EFLC but it's not working (it was working a few days ago), and now I checked the GFWL client and is not letting me log in anymore, anyone else having this problem?

Stallion was having trouble with a GFWL game earlier today, and I can't seem to launch Dark Souls. I'll try to get out of the Steam beta and see if that helps.

Turfster

There seem to be widespread problems with the GFWL client at the moment, judging by today's posts.
It's not just you. But then, with GFWL, it's never just you.

73V3N

Banned
Stallion was having trouble with a GFWL game earlier today, and I can't seem to launch Dark Souls.

There seem to be widespread problems with the GFWL client at the moment, judging by today's posts.
It's not just you. But then, with GFWL, it's never just you.

Thanks for the answers, I'm glad its not just me lol

Just tried Dark Souls and i get the "dark souls prepare to die edition has stopped working" thing.

RIP in peace gfwl

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Modbot still down? Tried submitting a giveaway 10 minutes ago and have yet to receive a reply

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
LTTP, I just finished Transistor..

First, let me say that Bastion is among my favorite downloadable games last gen, so I was looking forward to Supergiant Games' next title. But I was hesitant about Transistor because of the battle system, I'm not a very.. "strategic" player, I'm bad at anything with planning, taking turns and whatnot, so I thought it wouldn't be my cup of tea. But thanks to my friend corrosivefrost, here I was playing this gem.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, from start to finish, the battle system wasn't a problem for me at all. Visually it's nothing short of amazing, the story was great (loved the characters), and dat soundtrack is out-of-this-world good. Darren Korb did it again, and Ashley Barrett is an incredible singer (her voice just brings out all the feels in me..), already my OST of the year.

So overall, I think this is a great, great game. Probably my favorite one of 2014 so far.

Hugstable

Banned
I just launched Dark Souls just fine, and no errors, GFWL is working. First time launching it since like March.

Yeah Dark Souls has worked fine for me all the time recently. After doing the Windows 8 GFWL fix, I havent had any problems with GFWL surprisingly. Much better experience than Fallout 3 back when it had GFWL and crashed every few seconds.

Don't bother entering zerOman, you know why.
On a happier note, this just came out. If you should happen to win, try and post some impressions when you get around to actually playing it!
Turfster should win this. He was positive about Unrest.
What happened to that one indie game with pixel art where you were controlling street riots. "Unrest" reminded me of that.

Beelzebubs

First, let me say that Bastion is among my favorite downloadable games last gen, so I was looking forward to Supergiant Games' next title. But I was hesitant about Transistor because of the battle system, I'm not a very.. "strategic" player, I'm bad at anything with planning, taking turns and whatnot, so I thought it wouldn't be my cup of tea. But thanks to my friend corrosivefrost, here I was playing this gem.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, from start to finish, the battle system wasn't a problem for me at all. Visually it's nothing short of amazing, the story was great (loved the characters), and dat soundtrack is out-of-this-world good. Darren Korb did it again, and Ashley Barrett is an incredible singer (her voice just brings out all the feels in me..), already my OST of the year.

So overall, I think this is a great, great game. Probably my favorite one of 2014 so far.

Great to hear, I enjoyed Bastion and I'll probably enjoy this a hell of a lot too.

repost! Less than an hour left and here's what I had to say about it: On a happier note, this just came out. If you should happen to win, try and post some impressions when you get around to actually playing it!

ModBot said:
Instructions for MakeshiftChef:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MakeshiftChef, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Unrest- -- MB-0678A5A82D00A573 - Taken by Porcupine. 35 entrants total.

t1406156318z1.png

AHA-Lambda

Still a copy of Gun Monkeys going, no one want it? Figured someone would have missed it from the PC Gamer giveaway.

ModBot said:
Instructions for AHA-Lambda:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (AHA-Lambda, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Gun Monkey -- MB-91EC665891349E70 - Taken by Teppic

Jawmuncher

pouring one out for gfwl

i'll miss it
more than you guys will

GFWL would have been half decent if it played well with steam more than it did. As well as if MS would have given a damn about the service.as soon as people weren't paying 50 a year for it I think they dropped all resources on improving it.

Nabs

I thoroughly enjoyed it, from start to finish, the battle system wasn't a problem for me at all.Visually it's nothing short of amazing, the story was great (loved the characters), and dat soundtrack is out-of-this-world good. Darren Korb did it again, and Ashley Barrett is an incredible singer (her voice just brings out all the feels in me..), already my OST of the year.

Thanks for the impressions. There seems to be a lot of negativity towards Bastion lately, so it's nice to hear what a Bastion fan thinks of the game.

If you're like me that feeling won't go away... I had an okay time with City, but AA was in another league entirely imo.

Didn't expect much from Origins, but I actually liked that game way more, felt like the story was told better and the game overall had better pacing than City.

I'd say AA > AO >> AC

Do story and pacing really trump all the other ways AC is improved over AA for you? And even then, you found AA's story to be that good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom