• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrok

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (cyrok, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Home -- MB-5ACEF664A11567AC - Taken by KainXVIII. 2 entrants total.

t1406149056z1.png
Looks like a cool indie game. Good Luck!

Lately I ignore collectibles in games that I'm not REALLY feeling. If it feels like there's a chance that I'll get bored and not finish the game, screw wasting time collecting things. I'd rather finish the main story than do half of the main story while collecting half of some junk.

Yeah I used to be a 100%'er but now I have too many games to play to do that, and most of the time all the collectibles aren't worth the effort. So like I've been playing through Watch_Dogs and I'm finding it pretty boring overall, so now I'm just doing story missions and if I find myself wanting to just do nothing for a while, I'll go and grab a few collectibles. Having a better experience now doing that
though I still find the game pretty bland.

I'm guessing the music stuff is only in the default skin or something? I was in the music beta and can't find where it is in the desktop client right now.

Edit: Nvm, updating now. Let's see if that works.

The collectibles are not worth it, but the story for the game was pretty good I thought. I basically ignored everything but the main story and side missions.

Not sure how the Harley Quinn DLC was, but obviously if you enjoy the challenge rooms, get those.

Oh, so there actually was a campaign DLC, and not some dumb skin or challenge pack? Nice, i didn't expect that from Arkham City.

I guess it's time i caught up on the batman series already.

Porcupine

I'm giving away the first two tiers of the Square Enix Humble Bundle!

14541604590_4951952752_b.jpg

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Porcupine, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

14541572359_c1075b569e_o.png

Square Enix Humble Bundle 2 tiers -- MB-8C4730B15D8C4CCF - Taken by Toki767. 35 entrants total.

t1406159137z1.png

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

doesn't look too bad, I guess ;)

Woo! NPC Scheduling.

To be fair, anything that can be handled without Stump should be handled without him. GAF is not his job and what time he does spend here shouldn't be arbitrarily wasted -- this makes it so that having a discussion within our "community" first, before someone makes Stump aware of it via PM, is the logical thing to do while trying to respect Stump's time.

I wasn't saying that we shouldn't have discussions.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Cheddahz, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cheddahz, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection (Origin) -- MB-E288BD2303A258DB - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 3 entrants total.

t1406152416z1.png

Nete

header_292x136.jpg

Someone was saying in chat that it doesnt get much more complex later on, which might be a problem, but I havent gotten there yet.

I think that was me. The main problem I'm seeing is the combo of small maps and a gazillion obstacles on them, creating corridors even in what should be a "large" room, making everything predictable and with literally no room to maneuver or flank. And with the agresive AI of the game, this means you can just sit in a choke point and slaughter everything that rushes you, while your long-range guys trade shots with the baddies with guns.

Other than that big issue for me, is a pretty fun little game. With a bit of luck, modders will be able to solve this.

As disclaimer, I'm only like 5-6 levels past you, but for what I've heard doesn't seems to change much on "late" game.

Oh weird, the new Steam client browser scales down images if your window is too small.

Edit: It seems to only do it to this trade offer page.

(This image is full size. It has not been resized)
5zWhAc1.jpg

bluechox2

FReebie - bundlestars (those that are not facebook accessible)
comes with 3 games in one key

ModBot said:
Instructions for bluechox2:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bluechox2, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GTR: Evolution -- MB-DB44CC6693E78228 - Taken by electroflame. 2 entrants total.

t1406149896z1.png

Grief.exe

To be fair, anything that can be handled without Stump should be handled without him. GAF is not his job and what time he does spend here shouldn't be arbitrarily wasted -- this makes it so that having a discussion within our "community" first, before someone makes Stump aware of it via PM, is the logical thing to do while trying to respect Stump's time.

Well said.

OH SHI!

TRANSFORMERS COMICS HUMBLE BUNDLE!
I said I'd make a give away of it if it ever happened so feel free to join in, for a quick rundown of these comics click here
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=122334070

Wow - that's pretty nuts. I actually have a few of the old 80's Marvel issues myself, but I cannot enter this one. I just wouldn't have the time to read through all of it, even if I did win.

Epic giveaway, though!

L.O.R.D

Make sure you're in the Steam Client Beta.

Steam->Settings->Account (beta participation)

If you are the music library should be in the drop down menu when you hover over LIBRARY.
ok,but found there is no music at all
i had Dark Souls II sound track from preording the game
do i need to add the folder music up to steam folder ?

ok,but found there is no music at all
i had Dark Souls II sound track from preording the game
do i need to add the folder music up to steam folder ?

I don't think there is a way to do it in the desktop version yet but you have to import your library yourself.

In big picture mode:
Settings -> Music -> Setup Music Library.

Then add the directories where you store your music.

EDIT: Nevermind you can do it from desktop version too. Just go to the music tab of Settings.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
all of this batman hype today has me finally itching to give Arkham City a second try. I tried playing it a few years ago on the PS3 but after 3 hours i just wasnt feeling it. something about the more open environment didn't feel quite as tight as the asylum from the first game.

If you're like me that feeling won't go away... I had an okay time with City, but AA was in another league entirely imo.

Didn't expect much from Origins, but I actually liked that game way more, felt like the story was told better and the game overall had better pacing than City.

I'd say AA > AO >> AC

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Micron -- MB-9DD66EE862DFDB67 - Taken by derExperte

have at it

ModBot will be down for the next about five minutes.

I have the best timing >_>

Shadownet

Banned
I actually have permablocked two very nice steamgaffers by mistake. Confused them with two giveaway abusers that had similar nicks. Wish I could undo that

Guys don't worry. it's most likely me. 99% sure it is.

Well now this game just moved to the top of my wishlist. I can't wait to get my hands on it. thanks for the impresion :)

L.O.R.D

I don't think there is a way to do it in the desktop version yet but you have to import your library yourself.

In big picture mode:
Settings -> Music -> Setup Music Library.

Then add the directories where you store your music.

EDIT: Nevermind you can do it from desktop version too. Just go to the music tab of Settings.

thats weird , before i restart steam , there was a music option in library
now there isn't

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Toxic Bunny HD keys are up (again) on desura client

and Data Hacker Initiation also. Both from Debut 13 indieroyale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom