• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
Thanks for the impressions. There seems to be a lot of negativity towards Bastion lately, so it's nice to hear what a Bastion fan thinks of the game.

There is negativity towards Bastion?! The games been out so long and is a classic, why would anyone want to hate on it now?

Yeah Dark Souls has worked fine for me all the time recently. After doing the Windows 8 GFWL fix, I havent had any problems with GFWL surprisingly. Much better experience than Fallout 3 back when it had GFWL and crashed every few seconds.
It hasn't eaten any of my savegames yet either, yet cloud sync fucking up has lot me a few saves on Steam... Anecdotal experiences are weird.
Do story and pacing really trump all the other ways AC is improved over AA for you? And even then, you found AA's story to be that good?
Not everyone feels that the so-called improvements in AC were even improvements to begin with.

Sendou

Thanks for the impressions. There seems to be a lot of negativity towards Bastion lately, so it's nice to hear what a Bastion fan thinks of the game.

I thought Bastion was a good game too and I really liked Transistor. Transistor's battle system really sets it above Bastion. It's just so versatile and such a wonderful design all around. Otherwise they're pretty equal I think.

Toki767

Is ModBot still down or is no one at all claiming the giveaways from the past few pages?

Everyone must be waiting for that Arkham Knight giveaway to end before entering for stuff again.

Hugstable

Banned
Is ModBot still down or is no one at all claiming the giveaways from the past few pages?

Everyone must be waiting for that Arkham Knight giveaway to end before entering for stuff again.

I still think modbot is taking a nap :(

It hasn't eaten any of my savegames yet either, yet cloud sync fucking up has lot me a few saves on Steam... Anecdotal experiences are weird.

God I can't wait til they finally get rid of GFWL.

Tellaerin

GFWL would have been half decent if it played well with steam more than it did. As well as if MS would have given a damn about the service.as soon as people weren't paying 50 a year for it I think they dropped all resources on improving it.

I'd still like to know what they were thinking with that. Were they really expecting a repeat of the Xbox Live phenomenon on an open platform? You'd think a company that made their big money in the PC space would've understood that audience a little better.

That javadots dude? Or there was another one?

There was another one. :s

bluechox2

Re-Post
FReebie - bundlestars (those that are not facebook accessible)
comes with 3 games in one key

ModBot said:
Instructions for bluechox2:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bluechox2, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GTR: Evolution -- MB-DB44CC6693E78228 - Taken by electroflame. 2 entrants total.

t1406149896z1.png

This is what happens when I go straight to SteamGAF rather than actually check the front page first, I guess.

Now the question is, do I uninstall the Sims 2 stuff I have from disc and install the Origin one or not?

Edit: ModBot is dead right now, so it wouldn't be edited.

Ibuki

Banned
This is what happens when I go straight to SteamGAF rather than actually check the front page first, I guess.

Now the question is, do I uninstall the Sims 2 stuff I have from disc and install the Origin one or not?

I would unless you have a save file or something you want to keep. Pretty sure the free version is ultimate which includes all the DLC.

Jawmuncher

I'd still like to know what they were thinking with that. Were they really expecting a repeat of the Xbox Live phenomenon on an open platform? You'd think a company that made their big money in the PC space would've understood that audience a little better.
:s

The original push was all about the cross platform play. Which they were thinking people would shell out money for on PC. It was a odd angle they were trying to grab PC gamers with.

MayMay

Banned
Why has this happened? Should I be worried? Change all my details asap?

Note: I'm american.

Oh, that happened to me once too. I just dismissed it. With Steamguard you're safe, so don't worry.

So SteamGAF, where are the Risen 3 Giveaways huh? lol

Enco

Why has this happened? Should I be worried? Change all my details asap?

Note: I'm american.

Happens all the time.

Just change it back. I think Enhanced Steam can give you a banner to easily change. Otherwise go through the language settings in the top right I think.

Ok here's part two of my 1k games celebration. It's not much, but there are some gems in there.

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away 33 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

X-COM: Apocalypse -- MB-C796FAE8E1347DCE - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Super Killer Hornet: Resurrection -- MB-2E93B2061950CD4A - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 2 entrants total.
Deponia -- MB-468A26161C8272C7 - Taken by Berto. 1 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Invisible War -- MB-0D017FBA1EDADF5E - Taken by ev0
X-COM: Terror from the Deep -- MB-EBA99BD478BA28E8 - Taken by KainXVIII
Akane the Kunoichi -- MB-563522DD628A65E4 - Taken by almostheathen. 3 entrants total.
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-FB839D9274DA1541 - Taken by NG28. 1 entrants total.
X-COM: UFO Defense -- MB-8A79C2AE4B0CF008 - Taken by Mobius and pet octopus. 1 entrants total.
Litil Divil -- MB-CA46887C557A51CF - Taken by danhese007
Universe Sandbox -- MB-7EEE09DA6407E719 - Taken by Boom Boom Pow. 2 entrants total.
Swipecart -- MB-48CE6D28EBEB19D4 - Taken by Vlad. 1 entrants total.
Q.U.B.E. Directors Cut -- MB-AD5364FF87664F73 - Taken by nightstorm. 3 entrants total.
Darkout -- MB-CC339590A592D5C0 - Taken by legacyzero. 2 entrants total.
Fly'N -- MB-BCBFDCE524BE7877 - Taken by chronomac
Deus Ex: The Fall -- MB-1952D0E74236596B - Taken by DJSebolski. 1 entrants total.
Jack Lumber -- MB-228A63BEF4FD574F - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
Thief Gold -- MB-2B256B07A9413A96 - Taken by dave is ok
X-COM: Enforcer -- MB-F6265F1213D866BB - Taken by sprinkles
One Finger Death Punch -- MB-35828C6A5A2A4699 - Taken by Emperor_EL. 3 entrants total.
Rhythm Destruction -- MB-14E80E32E8A97AFD - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
X-COM: Interceptor -- MB-EAC7902861A6F485 - Taken by lfvgt
Savant: Ascent -- MB-AF0E35DBDC95C813 - Taken by user237
Ignite -- MB-0178933E682E6A0A
Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-9112C45682500D33 - Taken by ReduxMachine
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition -- MB-C7AD8ECFB4988977 - Taken by Junko. 2 entrants total.
Sequence -- MB-4C828196BF031CE6 - Taken by redlacs. 1 entrants total.
No Time To Explain -- MB-7B06D724994E4F82 - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
Windforge -- MB-166B0028D4776413 - Taken by Servizio
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-6D575852A12D2D94 - Taken by tioslash. 1 entrants total.
Paranautical Activity -- MB-BC32336E231103E3 - Taken by bluechox2
Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-6E7A2172847E4103 - Taken by Ozium. 3 entrants total.

N.P.P.D. RUSH - The milk of Ultraviolet -- MB-D797BCBF2EAF8B0D - Taken by Saty
Mr. Bree Plus -- MB-297D97703C9A26C1 - Taken by Haunted. 1 entrants total.

t1406155253z1.png

AHA-Lambda

ModBot said:
Instructions for AHA-Lambda:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (AHA-Lambda, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

GTR Evolution -- MB-1D6B9DE54E529794 - Taken by The Red Wizard

Turfster

Turfster should win this. He was positive about Unrest.
What happened to that one indie game with pixel art where you were controlling street riots. "Unrest" reminded me of that.
Signed up to see if this was another way to karmically influence modbot, apart from buying the game yourself while the giveaway was running or signing up for your own giveaway ;)

Didn't even know that Unrest game existed until today, always like when I'm blindsided like that.

... I failed in my hyping.

Lemme just repost the podcast the writer of Unrest is part of that's mostly about Unrest.

Jawmuncher

I thought Super Killer Hornet was something else entirely and was wondering why it was on steam.

Milamber might know what I'm talking about.

Not everyone feels that the so-called improvements in AC were even improvements to begin with.

In all my years of reading forum posts about the Arkham series, I've never seen anyone even attempt to refute that the gameplay of AC was a step down from AA. Even the game's biggest detractors have relinquished that the combat, the gadgets and the stealth/predator gameplay was objectively improved. Same with boss battles where even the worst in AC were better than the best of AA (whichever those were, they were all bad). Even if someone doesn't like the overworld being more open, simply having options as to how one traverses that option beats out only being able to travel on foot (as Batman) through segmented locations broken up by loading screens, hidden or otherwise. Being able to grapnel straight into a glide is an improvement over not being able to, and considering the overworlds of both games are of relatively comparable size (AC isn't GTA: San Andreas to AA's GTAIII), about as much time is spent getting from one end to the other in both games — it probably takes less time to get from one location to another in AC because of all the closed off areas and linear paths.

Considering that the most tangible aspect of a game is how it plays, it's weird to see people downplay the quality of gameplay when it comes to objectively assessing the overall quality of a game. Not saying Creamium was trying to objectively prove AA is better than AC, but even still. I'm curious as to what he values in these games because looking both at the components of each game and how those components come together as wholes, I find AA to be inferior to AC overall, even from story and pacing perspectives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom