• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Modbot is back up so I'm giving away corrosivefrost's new favorite game!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sub Zero, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shadowblade Reload -- MB-1443082417216533 - Taken by Gunstarheroes. 17 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Shadowblade Reload was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1406155665z1.png

In all my years of reading forum posts about the Arkham series, I've never seen anyone even attempt to refute that the gameplay of AC was a step down from AA. Even the game's biggest detractors have relinquished that the combat, the gadgets and the stealth/predator gameplay was objectively improved. Same with boss battles where even the worst in AC were better than the best of AA (whichever those were, they were all bad). Even if someone doesn't like the overworld being more open, simply having options as to how one traverses that option beats out only being able to travel on foot (as Batman) through segmented locations broken up by loading screens, hidden or otherwise. Being able to grapnel straight into a glide is an improvement over not being able to, and considering the overworlds of both games are of relatively comparable size (AC isn't GTA: San Andreas to AA's GTAIII), about as much time is spent getting from one end to the other in both games — it probably takes less time to get from one location to another in AC because of all the closed off areas and linear paths.

Considering that the most tangible aspect of a game is how it plays, it's weird to see people downplay the quality of gameplay when it comes to objectively assessing the overall quality of a game. Not saying Creamium was trying to objectively prove AA is better than AC, but even still. I'm curious as to what he values in these games because looking both at the components of each game and how those components come together as wholes, I find AA to be inferior to AC overall, even from story and pacing perspectives.
I think the pacing and story are what threw me off most in AC, and the overworld. But it's not like I disliked it. It was less "this is shit" and more "I wish they'd taken this a different direction"

Oh, guess what?
IaT5fbV.png

*cries*

This is a funky looking shmup you can grab over at indiegamestand. They will also be releasing steam keys if they get there (and I will gladly provide the steam key to the winner if they pm me a reminder).

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MrTeachwell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

0rpyeQ3.png

ulgzbKC.png
Drive to Hell (desura) -- MB-22BC9C946CA1B0EE - Taken by pupo

t1406155666z1.png

Haunted

You know Steam's library is truly vast when these giveaways contain not super-shitty looking games I've honestly never heard of.

Good stuff everyone.

Here are some extras!

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zero-Crescent, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-3155009FB73AFED9 - Taken by Hanzou. 3 entrants total.
Jack Lumber -- MB-62F76340B5E0912E - Taken by Sammichu. 2 entrants total.
Savant: Ascent -- MB-9399597E43510336 - Taken by Aitor. 2 entrants total.

t1406156144z1.png

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Bundle extra!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Seraphis Cain:Instructions for participants:

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Jack Lumber -- MB-53B2526A0ED32CBC - Taken by -MD-. 1 entrants total.

t1406166039z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Porcupine, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Porcupine, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Square Enix Humble Bundle 2 tiers -- MB-8C4730B15D8C4CCF - Taken by Toki767. 35 entrants total.

t1406159137z1.png

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot 3 said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

The Chaos Engine -- MB-87AC376CDF728D9B - Taken by Seagoon

tav7623

Had some games left over from my previous raffle and decided to make a new one instead of re - posting the previous one.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (tav7623, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Anachronox -- MB-5585D885AFF08F2F - Taken by Red Blaster. 3 entrants total.
X-COM: Apocalypse -- MB-45856B798FD25000 - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
X-COM: Enforcer -- MB-7B202978802C1D56 - Taken by Nairume
X-COM: Terror from the Deep -- MB-F12663E8FE263D96 - Taken by Easy_D. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Mafia II -- MB-0851F96F72EAFE21 - Taken by TheLight. 13 entrants total.
X-COM: Interceptor -- MB-16C041D97EC3833A - Taken by ScreamingTrees. 1 entrants total.

t1406166280z1.png

HoosTrax

Man I wish they had Underground 2 and Most Wanted (the first one). I'd be all over those.
Same here. Best two Need for Speed games in my book.

I honestly thought Hot Pursuit was a tad bit overrated. Don't get me wrong, I loved playing a badass cop in a supercar chasing down criminals and shooting EMP missiles at their cars, but I really miss the rice burner tuning and car customization in Most Wanted and UG2.

Same here. Best two Need for Speed games in my book.

I honestly thought Hot Pursuit was a tad bit overrated. Don't get me wrong, I loved playing a badass cop in a supercar chasing down criminals and shooting EMP missiles at their cars, but I really miss the rice burner tuning and car customization in Most Wanted and UG2.

NFS Undercover came sorta close to those two, but not close enough to be good, unfortunately.

Kiru

Damn I hope I was not throttled. Really wanted that Deus Ex GOTY. Never actually played it. People always say it's a real classic and a must play.

Hugstable

Banned
Dishonored has been really addicting so far. It reminds me so much of what I love about the Deus Ex games in that there have been multiple paths to take each situation. Can't believe I didn't play Dishonored much sooner.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think that works. Cards will only drop for the game Steam thinks you are playing.

Nope. Idling works too.

There's a JaseC guide that's better but I don't have it bookmarked.

Edit- wait never mind. Misunderstood, for some reason I thought you meant that cards wouldn't drop while idling and I don't know why I thought that, sorry. Posting when tired does that :p

But don't idle too many games as it's worthless. Gonna quote this from Steamgifts, better explanation than I can be bothered typing up.

Also this.

Hanzou

I have never played a civ game online. Do you just play by email essentially like a person takes a term and it let's you know when they are done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom