• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite Valve having locked my account out just shortly after the Summer Sale ended and having done nothing in regards to it beyond the initial automated message stating what has occurred and why, I just got an email from asking me if I was satisfied with their support in resolving my problem.

Why would they do this to me?

Ouch, lol.

Ozium

Why.. Why would you take keys and then not add them to your account/trade them/sell them? Seems like a rude thing to do, and Stump even wrote in the ModBot description a note for those who lack common decency in the form of "don't do this, it's scummy" and people still do it?

some people's kids...

Why.. Why would you take keys and then not add them to your account/trade them/sell them? Seems like a rude thing to do, and Stump even wrote in the ModBot description a note for those who lack common decency in the form of "don't do this, it's scummy" and people still do it?

some people's kids...
Seriously. Most of the ones you-know-who is taking aren't really worth much on their own since they're from bundles anyway. y he do dis

HoosTrax

Well, Valve has an entry just for a Half-Life 2 level, so why couldn't they? :p
I...I...I...you know what, you're right, it's Valve's fault for setting a terrible precedence with Lost Coast. They could have just made it an additional menu entry in HL2.

I have to share this with you guys!
This is the "birthday card" that my gf made for me.
60RgpxC.jpg

k3Wrgbl.jpg

EucWGUl.jpg

EV24lV5.jpg
It's basically a "custom" lego set xD

On the cover it says:
Included accessories and features:
- Ignore your girlfriend
- Special minifigure limited run : Vlad "the kgb russian" + key!
Have fun making shady and dangerous dealings!
I don't know if the translation is correct, but it does an idea xD

Sharkiller

some remnants.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Sharkiller:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sharkiller, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
Torchlight GOG -- MB-99D173742F81415C
Adventures of Shuggy‏ -- MB-7D92E4FF434EA402 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.

t1406159088z1.png

Ozium

I also get slightly annoyed when someone doesn't thank me and it kind of rubs me the wrong way... do parents not teach kids politeness anymore?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Streaming Halfway earlier was fun, might do more if that for newer / less known games. Will probably do Planet Explorers tomorrow

Right? I felt pretty dumb earlier :p

I repented by offering TS3 though!
I left my computer on overnight, and when I came back to it I just jumped to the end of the thread. :x If I'd booted it up or even gone to gaming then the thread I would have seen it. fml.

Whatever, it isn't enough to get throttled, but it will be enough to get excluded from "won in the last day" stuff tomorrow.

Ozium

Shadownet organized it last time, picked a server and we played

it's another GAFers server, you guys can play on it again.. I added it to my favorites.

edit: so I joined the group for Steam Music Beta but how do I know if I'm selected? e-mail or will there be a notification on Steam?

Locust

Come on, take this stuff.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cognition Episode 1 -- MB-55AC9C7D3BC03B42
Storm in a Teacup -- MB-942E2C772F316295 - Taken by bobnowhere. 3 entrants total.
iBomber Defense and iBomber Defense Pacific -- MB-4BD95BD4445522A8 - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.
Sequence -- MB-716D2980A8127EBC - Taken by 73V3N. 3 entrants total.

t1406140957z1.png

Toki767

Yay I finally won something from ModBot again after 2 weeks of being out of luck! To celebrate, here's a copy of Gone Home that I hope someone enjoys.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Toki767, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.

Gone Home -- MB-8BB182D95EEB7A4B - Taken by City 17

FloatOn

My room mate downloaded the Destiny beta tonight. All the menus have a mouse cursor like interface.

I'm still so salty about it not getting a pc release :/

Well that was a weird bug. I went to make a group event in the steam client but when I browse the community section and the store it thinks I'm signed out of steam while I'm still logged into my user in the client.

EDIT: it did it again, I'm assuming this is a bug with the beta client

Well that was a weird bug. I went to make a group event in the steam client but when I browse the community section and the store it thinks I'm signed out of steam while I'm still logged into my user in the client.
I get that fairly often, I generally just have to try to load another section of the Steam community/refresh and it works.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Do story and pacing really trump all the other ways AC is improved over AA for you? And even then, you found AA's story to be that good?

I don't see how AC 'improved' on anything in AA, the approach was just different (open world).

I always thought City lacked focus. AA only had a few villains and they were given proper attention (Joker, Scarecrow). City on the other hand went overboard and it felt like they were trying to fit too many characters in. I never connected with the story. AA's wasn't the best either, but I was definitely more engaged.

Gameplay-wise, I lfeel like the design of AA was tighter. Initially I thought the open world structure would fit a Batman game like a glove, but the metroidvania-lite approach turned out to be more fun. This is pure personal preference of course, but having Gotham to explore just didn't add all that much, with the obligatory side quests that started to get repetitive fast.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Because he has the same problem as me that the browser doesn't load anymore and I only asked if he found a fix.

Ah good, was about to feel real dirty about taking his gifts otherwise :p

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

GTR: Evolution -- MB-5CA7B2A64B36BF56 - Taken by FauX. 2 entrants total.

t1406162161z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom