• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

City 17

Yay I finally won something from ModBot again after 2 weeks of being out of luck! To celebrate, here's a copy of Gone Home that I hope someone enjoys.

Thank you, I'm sure I'll enjoy it :)

cBxByHP.png

I don't see how AC 'improved' on anything in AA, the approach was just different (open world).

I always thought City lacked focus. AA only had a few villains and they were given proper attention (Joker, Scarecrow). City on the other hand went overboard and it felt like they were trying to fit too many characters in. I never connected with the story. AA's wasn't the best either, but I was definitely more engaged.

Gameplay-wise, I lfeel like the design of AA was tighter. Initially I thought the open world structure would fit a Batman game like a glove, but the metroidvania-lite approach turned out to be more fun. This is pure personal preference of course, but having Gotham to explore just didn't add all that much, with the obligatory side quests that started to get repetitive fast.

I agree completely, on all accounts.

AA was simply the better game. Best in the series so far. I'd love it if the next installment reeled it back in toward the Metroidvania type.

Hugstable

Banned
Well it's just me then. Thanks guys.

Getting access denied error. I remember Hugstable was having a similar issue a few days back. I can access the store just fine. :\

Yup it was like that for me just a few days back. It shouldn't take more than an hour for it to right itself. Was weird that it was only the Steam Community pages doing it.

Sharkiller

It looks like the steamcommunity.com domain is fucked up. I can't sign in through the browser on there either.

EDIT: Can anyone sign in on steamcommunity.com?

that happened to me once. i think i logged in a phishing site but was only a bug in steam.
close the browser and open again to cleanup the session data.

tioslash

Well it's just me then. Thanks guys.

Getting access denied error. I remember Hugstable was having a similar issue a few days back. I can access the store just fine. :

Frequently I have some issue trying to access the steam community. Today it's ok here though.

SSPssp

I have to share this with you guys!
This is the "birthday card" that my gf made for me.

It's basically a "custom" lego set xD

On the cover it says:

I don't know if the translation is correct, but it does an idea xD

You have an awesome girlfriend! I especially love the Gaben poster in the background.
Edit: And Happy Birthday!

LTTP, I just finished Transistor..

First, let me say that Bastion is among my favorite downloadable games last gen, so I was looking forward to Supergiant Games' next title. But I was hesitant about Transistor because of the battle system, I'm not a very.. "strategic" player, I'm bad at anything with planning, taking turns and whatnot, so I thought it wouldn't be my cup of tea. But thanks to my friend corrosivefrost, here I was playing this gem.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, from start to finish, the battle system wasn't a problem for me at all. Visually it's nothing short of amazing, the story was great (loved the characters), and dat soundtrack is out-of-this-world good. Darren Korb did it again, and Ashley Barrett is an incredible singer (her voice just brings out all the feels in me..), already my OST of the year.

So overall, I think this is a great, great game. Probably my favorite one of 2014 so far.

The gameplay was good, if not a little repetitive.
The soundtrack was good, but I didn't find it as catchy as Bastion.
The narration was interesting, as a one sided conversation, it felt different than having an actual narrator describe what you were doing.
I did not really care for the story that was very basic, but I liked the ending.
I do plan on going back to get the rest of the achievements at some point... but it wasn't compelling enough (nor was there any choices I recall to change the end game) to keep my interest when I have a huge backlog.

Modbot is back up so I'm giving away corrosivefrost's new favorite game!

Normally you're super cool, but after I shared my poor experience with it (including not even being able to play it), why would you give it away?

Tits is out on the 29th correct?

Aww, do I really have to wait that long for TitS to come out? :3

yGray

Banned
So I decided to download a GBA emulator and to play BOKTAI. This is truly one of the greatest games of all time. It's such a shame that it hasn't gotten a lot of attention.

I took some screen shots if you guys want to take a look. The game still holds up today. In fact it would probably be considered beautiful pixel art.

http://pho.to/6Sb9B

O6FKW47.png

When we are playing: Estimate Time
t1406161800z4.png

Information said:
What is this?:
NeoGAF Games Night is a designated time where gaffers can play games together. This is a casual enviornment, players from all skill levels are welcome! Join the NeoGAF Games Night group to receive a notification through steam when an event has been scheduled and when it starts. PM anyone in the group for an invite.

What we are playing:
Team Fortress 2

How to join us:
Click the IP here to join the server.

Come join us and have fun!

Server IP: Quote to Reveal

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I agree completely, on all accounts.

AA was simply the better game. Best in the series so far. I'd love it if the next installment reeled it back in toward the Metroidvania type.

Well there's the batmobile now, so it's likely that they're going for open world more than ever with GK.
Of course I'll still play it, but they're really churning these out a bit too fast. After Origins I would've liked a break in the franchise tbh.

Ozium

So uhh.. you can add games to multiple categories now in the Beta client but it literally just puts the same game into two different (or more I guess) categories..

what is this?

I want sub-categories, dammit

Speevy

Banned
So uhh.. you can add games to multiple categories now in the Beta client but it literally just puts the same game into two different (or more I guess) categories..

what is this?

I want sub-categories, dammit

Exactly. I want my library to appear smaller, not larger.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Note that he's the dude that seldom activates gifts. For example no Darkness 2 in his account (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=122096500&highlight=zerooman#post122096500). No Bureau (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121987288&postcount=2497). No Thunder Wolves (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121869988&postcount=903). I'm sure there's more. We called him out a while ago after which he activated one won game and that was that.

I'm happy I read this. The key maybe has been used by him, but since I actually recall him now, first person to quote this message I will PM a Steam key of DreadOut too. It might be used, but if it isn't, feel free to activate it.

rtcn63

I'm happy I read this. The key maybe has been used by him, but since I actually recall him now, first person to quote this message I will PM a Steam key of DreadOut too. It might be used, but if it isn't, feel free to activate it.

May I? I won some good bundle games recently (Lara Croft and Absolution) if that disqualifies me, don't want to come off greedy. (Which I am)

derExperte

yep
nope
I watched a longer Let's play and it didn't look very good tbh.

So I'm playing bioshock and this game crashes a lot for me during the part with the bees. And the game doesn't save your settings if it crashes and you have to configure everything again....

And what the fuck were they thinking making that time based and some douches getting in the way?

Cizard

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cizard, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Savant Ascent -- MB-4504B8767D20B48D - Taken by Gravelord_Nito. 1 entrants total.
Jack Lumber -- MB-BA483DB651093322 - Taken by ohblahitsme. 2 entrants total.
Mr. Bree Plus -- MB-97B69A1F47B73A9F - Taken by Diedac. 2 entrants total.

t1406163062z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Missed another dusk dreadout? Fuck everything and everyone

Well gaffers, after about 96 hours of play in Mount & Blade Warband (it says 101 but I put in about 5 hours of a game before that and gave up on it,) I helped my faction take over the world. It was exhilirating - whittling down an army five times your size - and it was frustrating - no noble ever surrenders without a fight, not even when they're outmanned 20 to 1 and I have half his fellow nobles captured - but it was a hell of a ride.

As for the achievement to do what I did, I am the 0.56%.

Exactly. I want my library to appear smaller, not larger.

If I wasn't having a fucking terrible night, I would be knee deep in categorization... since this is sort of like allowing tagging as they do in the store. I'm hoping they eventually change folders to tags and then you can just filter your library using them.

Hey, I was one of the original entrants in the giveaway that lost out to zeroOman... can I...

May I? I won some good bundle games recently (Lara Croft and Absolution) if that disqualifies me, don't want to come off greedy. (Which I am)

tumblr_mmrqj34nEg1spi2axo1_400.gif

rtcn63

In honor of Dusk Golem, I describe a creature from Doctor Who fiction that is effectively an unending darkness, tiny eyes surrounded by mouths clad in sharp teeth, and within the eyes are more mouths with eyes and teeth. If you were to blow up the image on your monitor, it wouldn't lose fidelity, just paint a clearer picture of mouths consuming eyes affected with sharp teeth. Hungry. Biting. More and deeper and infinite. It elicits a feeling that resembles the complete absence of warmth- The Cold.

Welp, the Origin Sims 2 doesn't want to launch by itself from Steam, whereas my old disc install worked just fine. Oh, and I can't set it's compatibility settings to run as admin either, since it for some reason has none. EA Pls.

Ozium

In honor of Dusk Golem, I describe a creature from Doctor Who fiction that is effectively an unending darkness, tiny eyes surrounded by mouths clad in sharp teeth, and within the eyes are more mouths with eyes and teeth. If you were to blow up the image on your monitor, it wouldn't lose fidelity, just paint a clearer picture of mouth consuming eyes laded with sharp teeth. Hungry. Biting. More and deeper and infinite. The Cold.

vashta nerada

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I wish I had more DreadOut keys to hand out to people. ;3;

But bright side here is it activated for the person I sent it too, so hope you enjoy the game. Only Act 1 (of 2) is out right now, Act 2 releases freely for all owners later this year.

On that note, the game has seen update patches from release. They added real-time shadows back in (which were in the demo and not in the game at launch) and added a few more secrets and unlockable Soccor-themed costumes.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of tav7623, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (tav7623, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Anachronox -- MB-5585D885AFF08F2F - Taken by Red Blaster. 3 entrants total.
X-COM: Apocalypse -- MB-45856B798FD25000 - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
X-COM: Enforcer -- MB-7B202978802C1D56 - Taken by Nairume
X-COM: Terror from the Deep -- MB-F12663E8FE263D96 - Taken by Easy_D. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Mafia II -- MB-0851F96F72EAFE21 - Taken by TheLight. 13 entrants total.
X-COM: Interceptor -- MB-16C041D97EC3833A - Taken by ScreamingTrees. 1 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Anachronox was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for X-COM: Apocalypse was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for X-COM: Enforcer was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for X-COM: Terror from the Deep was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Mafia II was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for X-COM: Interceptor was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1406166280z1.png

Ozium

I wish I had more DreadOut keys to hand out to people. ;3;

But bright side here is it activated for the person I sent it too, so hope you enjoy the game. Only Act 1 (of 2) is out right now, Act 2 releases freely for all owners later this year.

On that note, the game has seen update patches from release. They added real-time shadows back in (which were in the demo and not in the game at launch) and added a few more secrets and unlockable Soccor-themed costumes.

Also check out the demo first as it's a prologue to act 1 IIRC... at any rate it's content not in the main game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom