• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
In other horror-related news, got my Darkwood key from funding the game on Indiegogo, and it releases tomorrow on Steam. Looking forward to the Early Access release, I am.

O6FKW47.png

When we are playing: Estimate Time
t1406161800z4.png

Server IP: Quote to Reveal

I hope my internet doesn't drop while I play.

rtcn63

vashta nerada

Nyet. The Cold doesn't actually eat your flesh, it "transports" you to a certain place (though when used on a person/thing, it does look like a bunch of tiny horror mouths eating you inch by inch until you disappear), where you can be removed safely. It's part of a greater weapon, but I won't spoil that for the zero of you who plan on reading the EDAs.

Just watched this Risen 3 trailer that was linked earlier and it looks very good

http://youtu.be/mYvXyKUx8y4

The way the narrator pronounces Piranha Bytes in the video sounds properly daft. The game sounds like it could be pretty good. Going back to the Risen 1/Gothic style is awesome. Although I have to say, I think Divinity OS has raised the bar for oldschool RPGs really high (even though they're not exactly the same kind of game). At this point I'll say that I'll be rather surprised if Wasteland 2 or Pillars of Eternity measure favorably against Divinity.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Shadownet, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Batman Arkham Knight -- MB-E9C33E1E6E3647AD - Taken by Man Puncher. 160 entrants total.

t1406206296z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
In other horror-related news, got my Darkwood key from funding the game on Indiegogo, and it releases tomorrow on Steam. Looking forward to the Early Access release, I am.

Hopefully it comes out for realsies, it was supposed to come out today :(

I wish I had more DreadOut keys to hand out to people. ;3;

But bright side here is it activated for the person I sent it too, so hope you enjoy the game. Only Act 1 (of 2) is out right now, Act 2 releases freely for all owners later this year.

On that note, the game has seen update patches from release. They added real-time shadows back in (which were in the demo and not in the game at launch) and added a few more secrets and unlockable Soccor-themed costumes.

Is it on sale somewhere now? I remember I voted for it on GL back in the days.

Dusk Golem

EA and horror games just seem to go together these days.

Yup, my guess is because horror games, it's all based on emotion, so its a lot easier maybe to craft the game off of player response, and these days more horror games are passion projects, so people like to get them out early.

Hopefully it comes out for realsies, it was supposed to come out today :(

I believe it should, the email when I got my key said the game was coming Thursday.

Dusk Golem

Is it on sale somewhere now? I remember I voted for it on GL back in the days.

It wasn't on sale (yet), why I had a spare key was because I entered one of those website pages 'Subscribe to this and like Facebook for my entries to win this game DreadOut, five winners" contest, and since I already followed them and the like, I entered, and actually won one of the copies.

Kifimbo

Spare:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Papo & Yo -- MB-07578B80649761E6 - Taken by Blak_Status. 4 entrants total.

t1406164263z1.png

It wasn't on sale (yet), why I had a spare key was because I entered one of those website pages 'Subscribe to this and like Facebook for my entries to win this game DreadOut, five winners" contest, and since I already followed them and the like, I entered, and actually won one of the copies.

I see. Thanks.

Waiting for a sale then.

Two different copies, one with pay it forward and one is mega givers.

Regardless, where is he getting the game from? You can't buy it on Steam yet.

Oh... soo.... modbot hasn't gone rogue...
Shadownet's just gone insane.

Oh well, sometimes you've gotta go insane to outsane the sane.
Y'know what I'm "sane"-in'?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Strange. No one took my Ibomber Defense hidden as Divinity... :(

I wouldn't exactly call it hidden :p

Has modbot gone rogue?

You say that like we had any control over modbot to begin with.

ModBot is l̊͑̈́ỏ̶ͦ͊̌ͮ̇ͤv̉͂̏ͮ̇e̓̏͂̄̽̒ M͔͔̫ơ̝d̡͚͔̩̜̖̟͚̹B̡͇̘̖̹̣͢o̙̥̻̖͓̕͜͝t̹͙̱̯͘ ̷̴̖̦͕̬ĩ͆ͪ̓͞͏̺̤̼̹̪̪s͖̳̥̥͂͌̾͐̊̌̀ l̢͎̻̱̰̅ͬ̍̋̓ͪ̊͜i̢ͤ͆̉҉͕̞͇̰̻̥̫͇̺̬̜̦f̶̨̦͇̜̘̩̹͇̼̪̻̩̹̥̗̲͍̖ͬ͑͑ͬ̉͂͗̊̓͗́͡ͅę̴̱̫̤̻͙̭̐̽ͯ͌̔ͫ̇̾͑

Shadownet gave me his. I meant to play it already but as soon as I hooked up my DS3, I downloaded Boktai and a GBA emulator :p. sooo goood.

But doesn't that game need the sunlight sensor to work?

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

ulgzbKC.png
Dead Hungry Diner (Desura) -- MB-FF668C8CC29D977A - Taken by DaBargainHunta

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

IBOMBER DEFENSE PACIFIC -- MB-FD07A8C3B092FD06 - Taken by fuzzy123

Just... take it :(

Jawmuncher

Always thought it was interesting that the sega genesis games on Steam are basically just roms and emulators aren't they?

I know that's been the case with a few mobile apps.

yGray

Banned
I wouldn't exactly call it hidden :p

You say that like we had any control over modbot to begin with.

ModBot is l̊͑̈́ỏ̶ͦ͊̌ͮ̇ͤv̉͂̏ͮ̇e̓̏͂̄̽̒ M͔͔̫ơ̝d̡͚͔̩̜̖̟͚̹B̡͇̘̖̹̣͢o̙̥̻̖͓̕͜͝t̹͙̱̯͘ ̷̴̖̦͕̬ĩ͆ͪ̓͞͏̺̤̼̹̪̪s͖̳̥̥͂͌̾͐̊̌̀ l̢͎̻̱̰̅ͬ̍̋̓ͪ̊͜i̢ͤ͆̉҉͕̞͇̰̻̥̫͇̺̬̜̦f̶̨̦͇̜̘̩̹͇̼̪̻̩̹̥̗̲͍̖ͬ͑͑ͬ̉͂͗̊̓͗́͡ͅę̴̱̫̤̻͙̭̐̽ͯ͌̔ͫ̇̾͑

But doesn't that game need the sunlight sensor to work?
it's patched so you can set the amount of sunlight with the L+left or right.

Sharkiller

NeoGAF Live Thread (modified by sharkiller)
https://greasyfork.org/scripts/3581-neogaf-live-thread-modified-by-sharkiller

NeoGAF: Quick Quote, Reply, and Edit (modified by Sharkiller)
https://greasyfork.org/scripts/3582-neogaf-quick-quote-reply-and-edit-modified-by-sharkiller

You need Tempermonkey for Chrome, or Greasemonkey for Firefox for them to work. Remember to have Live Thread script BEFORE quick quote script.

Disclaimer: I don't made these scripts. I only fixed some bugs. All credit to their hard work.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

CT Special Forces -- MB-515D4D190CB84823
xheRJRF.gif
Postal -- MB-1A920990F6A6518E

Inescapable -- MB-82B949F14ACDA698 - Taken by biocat. 1 entrants total.
7 Wonders -- MB-5146EBD432C8C3D8 - Taken by MTE. 4 entrants total.
EvilQuest -- MB-298A0AF37A7E9CEC

t1406164682z1.png

Always thought it was interesting that the sega genesis games on Steam are basically just roms and emulators aren't they?

I know that's been the case with a few mobile apps.

Werent there even some games that used obviously downloaded roms, since it had some trademark of the rippergroup or sth. like that?

Jawmuncher

Roms with an emulator that is remarkably worse than ones you can find on the internet.

At least they gave us something. Though yeah they should have put in a bit more work.

Werent there even some games that used obviously downloaded roms, since it had some trademark of the rippergroup or sth. like that?

Believe that was streets of rage 2 on ios. Which was a cheap port job all around. Believe they fixed it or at least got rid of the water mark.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Spring-Loaded:

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box -- MB-A7555BA5859F5BA9 - Taken by clockworkinyou. 4 entrants total.

t1406164622z1.png

A kind GAFer recently gave me this, and even though I know a lot of people have this, it's apparently very good (but not as good as Revenge and Takedown tho). Whoever wins this will have to play with me sometime (if they want to)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom