• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
It was in the rumor mill for a long time but officially announced a few months ago. Includes every episode of the show (including the extended pilot with the shows alternate ending that aired in Europe), the movie, and every bonus feature from every previous DVD release, including the deleted scenes from each episode, old TV specials, and the like.

PLUS, they're finally releasing the cut footage and never-before released 45 minutes from the film to the public for the first time, and have recorded some new stuff for the Blu-Ray release as well, along with new special features.

Apparently some of the deleted scenes are also being released for the first time, including he Season 2 finale extended ending which was never released until now (there were in fact scenes that were recorded beyond
'How's Annie?"
).

dat HD :3

2014-07-20_19-56-07.jpg

eek5

Is it just me or is it irritating as hell that a GOTY version gets much bigger price cut during a sale than the DLC? Isn't that kind of like spitting in the face of all those who bought the game in the first place and probably bought some of the DLC and now have to rebuy bunch of it to get the rest. Looking at the Skyrim sale and the Dishonored sale that was. Why can't others do what for example Deus Ex Human Revolution and Civilization V did, with an upgrade option to GOTY or Gold? Sorry for ranting but seems just so shitty.

Yeah, I find it pretty annoying when I already own the base game. Usually getting the GOTY game if you have none of the DLC is a better deal but it feels unfair if you bought the game to begin with since everyone gets the base + DLC for the same price as it'll cost you to get the DLC.

I try now to just not buy games until they release GOTY version. That'll show 'em!

Here's a breakdown what's on every disc in the Blue-Ray:

I watched like 2 episodes and stopped there. I loved everything about it but then came another season of Breaking Bad and i simply forgot about it. But this little Blueray Box comes out in a few days here. So im gonna buy it.

just netted .01 in selling a payday winter sale background. why would anyone buy that thing? why would I bother listing something for .03 that nets me .01? there are no answers for these questions that don't terrify me.

Perun

It was in the rumor mill for a long time but officially announced a few months ago. Includes every episode of the show (including the extended pilot with the shows alternate ending that aired in Europe), the movie, and every bonus feature from every previous DVD release, including the deleted scenes from each episode, old TV specials, and the like.

PLUS, they're finally releasing the cut footage and never-before released 45 minutes from the film to the public for the first time, and have recorded some new stuff for the Blu-Ray release as well, along with new special features.

Apparently some of the deleted scenes are also being released for the first time, including he Season 2 finale extended ending which was never released until now (there were in fact scenes that were recorded beyond
'How's Annie?"
).

0c97a92ccffc70133e490c3e064f8f311d049ba51b88af152c5997db5e79f3a6.jpg

I'm ordering this shit right now.

AHA-Lambda

'How's Annie?"
).

Shit, now I may have to buy this =/

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I would add a "How to Enter" section that's easily linked to (with pictures). When posting outside the Steam thread, people seem to not be able to follow directions on how to enter.

I modified the text for all new giveaways to include a link to the animated GIF tutorial, but yeah I am considering doing a little more. Thanks for the feedback. I'd really like to see ModBot used more in other threads. I know technically that's not possible, but I'd love it if places like Free to a Good Home or the Xbox Live beg/give code thread made use of it more. Any experience you have with past user errors, feel free to describe the mistakes people made and I can try to make sure things are a little clearer.

broken link in the very last line of the last post

Thanks, fixed.

Egamer

Gonna start Divinity: Original Sin with my roommate now. Gonna have a lot of fun I guess. See you in a few hours <3

Lomax

Is it just me or is it irritating as hell that a GOTY version gets much bigger price cut during a sale than the DLC? Isn't that kind of like spitting in the face of all those who bought the game in the first place and probably bought some of the DLC and now have to rebuy bunch of it to get the rest. Looking at the Skyrim sale and the Dishonored sale that was. Why can't others do what for example Deus Ex Human Revolution and Civilization V did, with an upgrade option to GOTY or Gold? Sorry for ranting but seems just so shitty.

When was the last time Bethesda did something that wasn't shitty? For a while now they've seem to think that the way to compete with Activision was to be more evil.

That said, I finally picked up Skyrim with some GMG credit, don't know that I'll ever play it but it felt weird not owning it for all this time as it's invariably the pc game random people ask about the most often.

Divius

Put some hours into Fallout New Vegas this afternoon. Keep in mind I went in totally blind, so I was surprised to find out it's basically Elder Scrolls but with guns. It seems pretty cool, except I really got to find a way to repair my guns or get someone to repair them. Broken ass guns everywhere.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I modified the text for all new giveaways to include a link to the animated GIF tutorial, but yeah I am considering doing a little more. Thanks for the feedback. I'd really like to see ModBot used more in other threads. I know technically that's not possible, but I'd love it if places like Free to a Good Home or the Xbox Live beg/give code thread made use of it more. Any experience you have with past user errors, feel free to describe the mistakes people made and I can try to make sure things are a little clearer.
I'm just noticing it in the Destiny Beta giveaway thread that people are constantly requesting keys that are readily available via modbot giveaways. Maybe add a GIVEAWAY block of text at the top of the quoted text, or something to that effect.

Okay, but that doesn't really address how you got "only the DLC is new" from "... if that's the only content that'll be new to you". You apparently misread "if" as "since", which is why I asked you to re-read the post -- you labelled me uninformed only to paraphrase my post with a misinterpretation.

Let me rephrase from the beginning.
Since you seemed to be saying that (1) MGR:R comes with the DLC on PC and (2) that would be the only new content to him, what I was trying to point out was that Konami, shortly after the release of the DLC, decided that it should be free. So within 3 months or so, I think, of the DLC becoming available for the console versions, it was made free.

My point there being that, depending on when he played (and then sold) the game, he had just as much access to the DLC (which he hadn't played) on consoles as he would have by buying the PC release.

Basically, I was unsure if you knew about the console DLC becoming freely available to owners of the game and hence MGR:R was not one of those games like, say, Killer is Dead, where the PC version comes with all paid DLC.

And the other point still stands. If you have no experienced the unbridled joy that is MGR:R first hand, there is no way you could tell someone to wait for the next sale (that is, unless you didn't like the game, and in that case most people of that viewpoint would suggest not buying it at all).

Hopefully this makes what I was thinking more clear. There was no offense intended, senpai. I just get a little... insane... when it comes to recommending MGR:R.

<3

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Skyrim is 3.74€ and I paid 12€ for it like a year ago.
I normally don't care but I really wasted those 12€...

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
RE4 HD has a glitched QTE that doesn't let you progress through the game. Stay classy Capcom

RE4 HD has a glitched QTE that doesn't let you progress through the game. Stay classy Capcom

How is this possible?
I should think we'd have heard more about it by now? :\

Oh so killer is dead has all the paid for DLC?
Looks like i got an excuse to double dip on that now.

As far as I know, yes. I can safely say I had x-ray specs and the vampire is in the game too. Not sure about the missions it comes with, but they should be there. I haven't ventured far outside the story missions at this point.

You guys playing CS:GO all the time made me try it out again with another couple of gaffers and now that is all I have played the last week or so! I haven't even booted by Divinity yet. I blame you all equally!

Backlogger

Some extras
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart -- MB-B52BA9B37B509229 - Taken by alr1ght
Dino D-Day -- MB-DEB21382D59B628C - Taken by davepoobond
Gun Monkeys -- MB-B889A2AE4F9F7A0B - Taken by Leg-End
Subject 9 -- MB-9F2CC20312F8CC13 - Taken by Lomax
Mount & Blade -- MB-71521B27B0F32120 - Taken by Demon Lizardman
Universe Sandbox -- MB-DB94105E3F832417 - Taken by Purkake4
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe -- MB-F6F85631878807D4 - Taken by NightmareTrigger
SpaceChem -- MB-27EFF2267D98D614 - Taken by celsowmbr
Thunder Wolves -- MB-59AF5683DEF850AD - Taken by zeroOman
Bioshock -- MB-0D6ADC4337BB95F1 - Taken by Pop
Really Big Sky -- MB-AE1DAEF0301CA262 - Taken by Sofa King
ulgzbKC.png
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe (Desura) -- MB-BDF23F69086A8DF3 - Taken by Darth Kupi

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
How is this possible?
I should think we'd have heard more about it by now? :

The one where you hang off a ledge after the mine cart ride.
Seems impossible. There are a couple of threads in the steam community forums about the particular QTE so it's not just me. Maybe I should switch to 30 FPS and retry

Funny thing is that when I played it on PS2 years ago, the particular QTE was fine

I heard if you're having problem with QTEs that putting the game in 30FPs mode in that part will fix it.

This is quite possible.
Sometimes games get screwy when it comes to frame rates and QTEs.

Remember all the people who were having issues with the last MGR:R boss because the QTE would fail instantly since the game wasn't running anywhere near 60fps?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Let me rephrase from the beginning.
Since you seemed to be saying that (1) MGR:R comes with the DLC on PC and (2) that would be the only new content to him, what I was trying to point out was that Konami, shortly after the release of the DLC, decided that it should be free. So within 3 months or so, I think, of the DLC becoming available for the console versions, it was made free.

I didn't suggest that it would be new but rather that it may be new. I made no comment as to the likelihood and was simply making the point that it would be best to skip entering the giveaway as even if he hasn't played the DLC, by having completed the main campaign he's experienced most of what the game has to offer -- ergo, it'd be fairer to leave the giveaway for someone who's yet to play the game at all.

Sharkiller

want to buy skyrim but i only have money in gmg. (skyrim in gmg is 18.80 and in steam 13.60)
someone want something from GMG around 15~18usd and trade it for the skyrim LE from steam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom