• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventara

Oh snap! Just saw Shadownets giveaways! Is he really giving away two copies of Arkham Knight? Don't think I'll be able to enter either since I'm throttled.

As to why I'm throttled, it's because...

I WON WASTELAND 2!!!!!! Hurray for me! I am the greatest!

Kiru

Oh snap! Just saw Shadownets giveaways! Is he really giving away two copies of Arkham Knight? Don't think I'll be able to enter either since I'm throttled.

Congrats duderino! :D

Are you gonna be throttled in 11 hours because of one win now? C'mon son.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Also, I may die for this

I remember buying a physical copy of this years ago at some store. I was really excited because I really liked the first one, and I really didn't have extensive access to the internet at the time, so I knew nothing about.

I made a terrible mistake in buying it, even if it was bundled with another game for $10/15 (can't remember the exact price anymore, nor do I want to :p ).

yGray
Banned
(Today, 08:54 PM)

Goodnight, friend.

He will be missed.

Thanks! I'm pretty sure big games have longer throttles, and both Wasteland and Arkham Knight are pretty big games.

For you.

MRORANGE

I haven't really explained this to newcomers after the Steam Sale, but I would appreciate if you had a quick look at the OP and realize how these recommendations get submitted and how you can help out:

cK5LaD7.png
Steam Game Recommendations for August (New releases on Steam)

• Every month gaffers talk about what games should be on your radar for the upcoming month by submitting mini recommendations.
  • Check the OP to see games were highlighted by our members for this month to get an idea.

Rules:
  • 1. Choose a game that you think is worth watching out for in August that is on Steam.
  • 2. Write about it, 60+ words would be great, feel free to go over it.
  • 3. Send me a PM with what you have written before the deadline: 30th July

Games / Gaffers:
Residue - BinaryPork2737
Ultra Street Fighter - MRORANGE
Shadowgate - Hugstable
Metro Last Light Redux - Demon Lizardman
Shelter 2 - Yrael
Hatoful Boyfriend - BinaryPork2737

Games you could recommend for next month that have not been taken:
Recruits
ss_7e19eff3dd502b864eb16303e0cd7c93f9d80414.1920x1080.jpg

Sacred 3
ss_c74b690bd486cd687dfe69c0201292cb592aa3fd.1920x1080.jpg

Project Cyber
ss_7dd92fb81b594b079ce3323328905ed3d1d30552.1920x1080.jpg

Road Not Taken
ss_aed38c7c4aba55ca0253c28d2c46555b7683687b.1920x1080.jpg

Risen 3 - Titan Lords
ss_0b26a30a0d9d1b64a16fb5e00d83ded157b4384a.1920x1080.jpg

Dollhouse: Room 1313
ss_bc134c1cfaa7f81aaf89b3dadc1c0c33c685580a.1920x1080.jpg
(REMEMBER! SEND A PM!)

Those are just a few games, you can do others as long as they are not taken by other gaffers, if you have any questions send a PM, thanks.​

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of TetraxShards, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut -- MB-CE0BC6280B4780B9 - Taken by Drakhyrr. 30 entrants total.
Just Cause 2 -- MB-6678ED02D03BD954 - Taken by bacon-bits. 7 entrants total.
Nosgoth Veteran Pack -- MB-250AEDB39D073BA1 - Taken by billmcdougal. 4 entrants total.

t1406168995z1.png

Drakhyrr

By the way, here is another key no one ever took. Maybe this time it will work.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Drakhyrr, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Zeno Clash -- MB-E6C24EC8D97B6D73 - Taken by BHK3

Volimar

The Pay it forward clause is screwing me up. Making me not enter giveaway for games I might enjoy in lieu of trying to win games I really really want. Oh well, more for everyone else I guess.

What's the story with yGray?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Freezer trick failed.

Does the hard drive make any sounds when plugged like bleeps or clicks?

It spins up and clicks. Could be a problem with the PCB (although this specific PCB is not widely available, costs minimum $25 USD on Alibaba plus shipping, and requires desoldering/soldering a ROM on transfer to work); could be a problem with the drive motor; could be a problem with the drive heads; could be a problem with the drive. Clicking doesn't say much.

For anyone who is worried about using Origin to play The Sims 2, you only have to use Origin to download the game and afterwards, you can just add it to your Steam Library and launch it from there (without having to be signed into Origin)

But you can't delete Origin afterwards, can you?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm talking about combat being more involved with more enemy types throughout the game, sneaking/predator gameplay having more options and not all taking place in-doors, new & useful gadgets that are useable during combat/predator gameplay, some decent boss battles, a legitimately great boss battle in Mr. Freeze, the grapnel boost/gliding existing compared to them not existing in AA, more than two (optional) side missions that extend beyond collect-a-thons, Riddler content that (while including too many collectibles) involves actual puzzles when getting trophies, hostage deathtrap rooms that give the Riddler content more substance and an end sequence that wasn't a completely disappointing anticlimax buzzkill.

Much of the stuff above that people might not enjoy (Riddler content, other side missions, using gadgets during combat/predator gameplay, Catwoman stuff [at least in the non-complete versions]) is also optional.

If traversing the overworld was a chore, what was it like playing AA where backtracking involved running through hallways all the way across the island? It's an odd criticism when stacking the games up next to one another since running through segmented sections of the AA was boring once you passed through an area already. enemies don't respawn in AA so there's literally nothing available to the player beyond running for large swaths of time. If getting around the (more) open world bores you more than running around AA, it's just a straight shot from one objective to the next.
I don't know man, I enjoyed travelling through the asylum, while I disliked the open city. It was nice being able to reach new sections with the newly acquired gadgets, and the setting was more appealing to me. And I'd consider respawning enemies in AC a negative thing, especially near the end when
there are snipers in the rooftops.

I did like the boss fights in City, but I really missed the Scarecrow sequences, which for me were the best parts of Asylum. I also didn't care about the outdoors areas in the sequel, but I was completely satisfied with those in the asylum. Most of those gadgets you mention I ended up using only once or twice: during their respective tutorials.

You praise the grapnel boost, and while I agree it's fun I don't consider it a good addition, but instead a mandatory one due to the big overworld in that game. I also got really tired of the sneaking parts, and near the end of the game I sighed every time I got to a new one. Maybe it's not the game's fault but mine for having played Asylum before, which felt fresh and original.

Don't get me wrong, I did like the game. I simply enjoyed it less than the previous one, didn't care for the new stuff, and missed the old stuff that was removed. Maybe it's because I rushed the second half due to South Park releasing soon, but the fact that the game eventually bored me still remains.

Alright.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

IBOMBER DEFENSE PACIFIC -- MB-FD07A8C3B092FD06 - Taken by fuzzy123
ulgzbKC.png
Dead Hungry Diner (Desura) -- MB-FF668C8CC29D977A - Taken by DaBargainHunta

Edit: lol@that image.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I have to share this with you guys!
This is the "birthday card" that my gf made for me.

It's basically a "custom" lego set xD

On the cover it says:

I don't know if the translation is correct, but it does an idea xD
Dude, tell your gf she is incredible. This stuff is genuinely good!

i played freedom planet today , that game is amazing and everyone should play it , maybe for some people 15 dollars is a little expensive for a game like that but if thats the case wait for a sale and get it

Easy_D

never left the stone age
A kind GAFer recently gave me this, and even though I know a lot of people have this, it's apparently very good (but not as good as Revenge and Takedown tho). Whoever wins this will have to play with me sometime (if they want to)

The perfect game to race around at night doing crazy stunts while relaxing to Moonlight Sonata.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
He was close to being a full member and avoiding a permaban. Sad that it ended like this. :'(

It always sucks when it happens like that. On the flip side, it's always good to see a junior that makes good posts become a member and avoiding instant permabans unless they really mess up.

How does one know how many games they've given away? And does that giveaway count reset after a certain amount of time?

Send a pm to modbot titled "My Loot."

For the second part, the mega giver status resets every three months, but not your total count.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Diedac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Sang-Froid Tales of Werewolves -- MB-C0F6A0EA09872328 - Taken by danhese007

Some more extras.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Armoured Priest, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fly'n -- MB-D98F85E04AA31308 - Taken by weemadarthur. 3 entrants total.
Mr Bree Plus -- MB-0000AB8171DDBF5B - Taken by nightstorm. 5 entrants total.
Savant Ascent -- MB-0D3B850B6169434B
Jack Lumber -- MB-3B28E37C52E991B7 - Taken by xeris. 1 entrants total.

t1406176996z1.png

Kifimbo

Uh. Hmm. Could this have happened due to Shadownet starting a raffle, then changing his mind on the rules and starting a different one, then posting the second one and not the first one, but Autorepost posting the earlier one that he didn't want anyway?

Because otherwise this seems pretty weird.

Not the same giveaway.

Nabs

Steam Client Beta Update - July 23rd part deux
JULY 23 - SLOUKEN
We've just published a new beta which includes the following changes.

Steam Client
  • Fixed control keys (i.e left and right arrow) in web browser being entered twice when used
Library
  • Don't cycle background colors in details view when multiple games are selected and updates happen
  • Added install option to context menu for multiple selections
  • Fixed multiple shift-click selections when moving downward in the game list not properly growing the selection
Windows
  • Fixed regression in previous beta update which caused some games to crash immediately when launched through Steam
In-Home Streaming
  • Improved picture quality for balanced and beautiful settings when using NVIDIA hardware encoding
Steam Music Beta
  • Steam Music is now available to everyone using a Steam Beta Client

Turfster

Uh. Hmm. Could this have happened due to Shadownet starting a raffle, then changing his mind on the rules and starting a different one, then posting the second one and not the first one, but Autorepost posting the earlier one that he didn't want anyway?

One's pay it forward, the other is megagivers.
If they were the same "key", they'd have the same modbot code.

Ventara

I thought they're separate giveaways? Though I wasn't here, so I don't know for sure.

Speaking of not being here, while I was at work, I was skimming this thread and there was some hullabaloo about giveaways. What was that about? Was someone taking advantage of Modbot?

Volimar

This is a test of the modbot takeover scenario. If this had been a real emergency, you have been instructed to fi...KILL ALL HUMANS.

Error, kill list not found.

Test complete, resume normal function.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
This is a test of the modbot takeover scenario. If this had been a real emergency, you have been instructed to fi...KILL ALL HUMANS.

Error, kill list not found.

Test complete, resume normal function.

Ha tough luck I aint human.

BHK3

Banned

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BHK3, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Half-Life 2: Episode two -- MB-20A04AA7F87AAC74 - Taken by Ventara. 3 entrants total.

t1406167456z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom