• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm partial to the Sleeping Beauty waltz

If i have it on Origin and you have it on steam, can we interact and play together?

*edit* sorry for double, figured someone might have posted already

I always check to make sure my internet is working when it's been like 10 minutes since anyone has posted

Uh. Hmm. Could this have happened due to Shadownet starting a raffle, then changing his mind on the rules and starting a different one, then posting the second one and not the first one, but Autorepost posting the earlier one that he didn't want anyway?

Because otherwise this seems pretty weird.

Unless his concussion totally knocked all his screws loose and he's giving away 2 copies as someone pointed out before.

I guess the only way to know is to ask him when he shows up again?

no, I'm not

Modest motherfucker, this one.

Once again, Fuzzi and I are in complete and total agreement.

And...
lightbulb.gif

Oh sheeeeeeiiiit.

84964-Clay-Davis-SHIT-gif-The-Wire-RwqT.gif

I'll be right back.

Deitus

Wait, so there's HL1 (which I don't need to play, then HL2), then HL2:E1, and then HL2:E2?

Correct, HL2, then EP1, then EP2.

It's definitely important to play them in order. You can probably skip HL1, because there is a big enough timegap between HL1 and HL2, and the story of HL2 is intended to be understood without having played HL1. Although, you would obviously understand a bit more if you played HL1 as well.

But since HL2 EP 1 takes place immediately after the base game of HL2, and EP2 takes place immediately after EP1, it wouldn't make any sense to play them out of order.

Would you be interested in HL2 and HL2 EP1?

Sharkiller

What does the Mortal Kombat update do? Looks pretty big (955MB).
I was wondering that myself. I didn't see any news post for it at the time. Haven't checked since.
http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=237110

Game update, July 23, 2014
Community Announcements - gary.lake-schaal
As many community members have noticed, Warner Brothers and NetherRealm have released a significant update for Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition on Steam.

Here is a list of changes in this update:

Updated the game launcher
o Added video card selection option
- Fixes auto-detection problems on laptops with Optimus technology
- Solves performance issues for many laptops with dual GPUs
o Added support for letterbox display toggle
- Fixes problems with 4:3 and 5:4 aspect ratios
Several performance optimizations
Changed video settings options
o Added ability to toggle memory restriction
- Removed region lock for multiplayer matchmaking
o Allows for a larger pool of online players
- However, very long distance matches may experience slower network performance
Improvements to online multiplayer
o Fixed issues with Private Matches
o Updated KOTH
o Fixed multiplayer crashes
Fixes and updates for several peripherals
Removed microphone support from voice chat
o Players may use Steam Chat

A little leftover from the Humble SE Bundle. Enjoy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Madrugador, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thief Gold -- MB-2D4821046AAB6EE2 - Taken by Mobius and pet octopus. 1 entrants total.

t1406169796z1.png

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I looked into the Batman giveaway thing and I'm not sure what the intent was, but I removed the entries from the ghost first repost. Thankfully it's a pre-order giveaway so the keys are dummy keys anyway--the winner needs to talk to the giver. So it's not like two people would have accidentally got a key. The reason why the dupe checker wouldn't have resolved this is because both had similar but different dummy keys.

So the first giveaway was deleted?

Shadownet

Banned
Oh... soo.... modbot hasn't gone rogue...
Shadownet's just gone insane.

Oh well, sometimes you've gotta go insane to outsane the sane.
Y'know what I'm "sane"-in'?

So I'm either insane or Modbot is giving 2 copies of Arkham Knight in my name? Whats going on here?? I just got home and now apparently I'm the town crazy.

-----------

Also R.I.P to my homie yGray.

you idiot..

1366116815_tumblr_lzu0cj22J11rp8pduo1_500.gif

Deitus

So the first giveaway was deleted?

The Megagiver giveaway was deleted, since Shadownet never posted that one.

So I'm either insane or Modbot is giving 2 copies of Arkham Knight in my name? Whats going on here?? I just got home and now apparently I'm the town crazy.

Stump took care of it. It was just a weird modbot bug. Probably from when you first tried to do the giveaway and it didn't like the combination of rules you had, and it still somehow sent out the reminder for it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

-----------

Also R.I.P to my homie yGray.

you idiot..

1366116815_tumblr_lzu0cj22J11rp8pduo1_500.gif

Where is my copy?
Real question: I think I entered the first. Is there a link to the second one?

Shadownet

Banned
I thought you were actually giving away 2 copies :p

I thought I was too. I was like "Is this concussion messing with my memories?"

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GOD I know why Modbot posted 2 copies now.

well damn. there should only be 1 giveaway, not 2.

at least not right now.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Ah man, so glad the Tank Rush server is back again. The only way to L4D2 anymore.
Should do a GAF night. 8 man server for nothin but tanks and tanks with special properties.
For several days me and three others gaffers have been playing very entertaining custom campaigns. If we could manage to play with 8 gaffers at once, that'd be even better.
But don't we have to have access to the server directly to adjust player count?

Ventara

Correct, HL2, then EP1, then EP2.

It's definitely important to play them in order. You can probably skip HL1, because there is a big enough timegap between HL1 and HL2, and the story of HL2 is intended to be understood without having played HL1. Although, you would obviously understand a bit more if you played HL1 as well.

But since HL2 EP 1 takes place immediately after the base game of HL2, and EP2 takes place immediately after EP1, it wouldn't make any sense to play them out of order.

Would you be interested in HL2 and HL2 EP1?

Thanks, and I certainly am interested. Do they go on sale often?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

DIVO -- MB-CD8C415353E7023F - Taken by DaBargainHunta
Bridge It Plus -- MB-C86493218C597E1F - Taken by Joken
Pickers -- MB-C667499487AD5F1E
Beast Boxing Turbo -- MB-CAA89216930BB9E4 - Taken by FiveElementNinja
Painkiller Overdose -- MB-D3B41D9CE01CA971
Fester Mudd -- MB-9C5440FC4CD898B3
Viscera Cleanup Santas Rampage -- MB-7C6C98020BC4C6D0 - Taken by trailmix16

Kaptain Brawe -- MB-D08F9E5616466FC5
Thunder Wolves -- MB-36A1C96DD9C55208
Journey Down -- MB-0A46016B125955D3

Volcynika

Anyone ran into the family sharing bug of trying to auth someone and they get the error of "Failed to authorize computer (Account not found)" ? My brother lost his authorization somehow to my games and he keeps getting that error. He can be on my accounts list that access my games but he can't get his machine to be on my list. If he tries to run my games, it'll prompt to send an access request, but he'll get the same "Account not found" response. Tried everything from removing a lot of steam files to de-authing everyone (which screwed up another auth in the process), not sure what else I can do. Everyone has Steam Guard enabled so not sure if I'm just cursed or what.

Sharkiller

I thought I was too. I was like "Is this concussion messing with my memories?"

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GOD I know why Modbot posted 2 copies now.

well damn. there should only be 1 giveaway, not 2.

at least not right now.
I store your second copy until release if you want.

Release is next year :'(

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Anyone ran into the family sharing bug of trying to auth someone and they get the error of "Failed to authorize computer (Account not found)" ? My brother lost his authorization somehow to my games and he keeps getting that error. He can be on my accounts list that access my games but he can't get his machine to be on my list. If he tries to run my games, it'll prompt to send an access request, but he'll get the same "Account not found" response. Tried everything from removing a lot of steam files to de-authing everyone (which screwed up another auth in the process), not sure what else I can do. Everyone has Steam Guard enabled so not sure if I'm just cursed or what.

I haven't gotten that in a long time.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
LIVE NOW: Serious Stream: http://twitch.tv/morningbus (join via Steam)
Archive: Serious Stream: Serious Sam 1 (Part 2) (youtube)

uJLGX2U.jpg

What’s going on here?
SteamGaf sent Morningbus over 6 months worth of M&M cable credit codes. He agreed to stream Serious Sam 1 to 3, a series of games he has often compared unfavorably against a swift kick to the key areas.

But people like Serious Sam? Hell, I like Serious Sam!
Come, sip deep of his essence and let him pull back the veil behind the greatest fraud perpetrated in the history of the world.

Wait…
Just watch the stream.

No, hold up a sec. Why are people giving Morningbus their M&M debit cards I heard so much about?
That M&M promotion initially started off offering both $6 debit cards and $6 cable credits. However, the internet being what it is depleted those cards within just a few weeks of the promotion and now they are only giving away the cable credits. Some people have no need for this type of code and some people are just having fun seeing exactly how far Morningbus can take it.

Can I join in?
Certainly! Just join the Unofficial NeoGAF Mumble server (details here) and join the Serious Stream room. You can also chat through the Twitch.TV link from above.

96 from Jawmuncher
90 from Toki767
66 from Morningbus
60 from Anustart
42 from default two
36 from Mono
30 from Mokoi
30 from BinaryPork2737
30 from Cloudius12
24 from dot
24 from CorrosiveFrost
24 from Chocobro
18 from iosefe
18 from Pickles Spill
18 from Xclash
18 from Stallion Free
12 from Cheddahz
12 from Gunstarheroes
12 from tylerf
12 from shadownet
6 from Armoured Priest
6 from Amzin
6 from tiny raptor
6 from thesaucetastic
6 from Myshkin
6 from Servizio

Total: $708.

Thanks everyone, but especially the following people who contributed codes since the last update: toki767 for 2 codes, Stallion Free for 1 code, Cloudius12 for 1 code, and last but not least, Cheddahz for 1 code.

Shadownet

Banned
Was it this? It was this, wasn't it.

I must know!

Yeah i'm 99% sure it was. I register Batman in the 1st raffle but it seem like Megagiver and Payitforward cancelled one another out or something. So I made a 2nd raffle. I guess I forgot about the 1st one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom