• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
ah geez, guys ... stop it ... I'm really not :/

Lash you really are! You're awesome! We know, you know it, everyone knows the awesomeness of the lashman!

I can confirm this. So, so modest and humble. Talked yesterday for minutes and he adamantly refused being called nice and humble. Dude is awesome. And he is a good web dev/artist, too. Someone should seriously hire him. Seriously. He deserves it.

HAHA! And what web art has he done I wanna see!

Chocobro

Thought I would do another giveaway after looking through the codes I had.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Chocobro:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chocobro, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Just Cause -- MB-E8AD8576164E3AD1 - Taken by abracadaver. 7 entrants total.
English Country Tune -- MB-51D86964E8DBDC81 - Taken by Yrael. 1 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition -- MB-3E9E043F6A0EB150 - Taken by Shalashaska. 9 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! GOTY -- MB-B8DAE8759D286C88 - Taken by Jmanunknown. 5 entrants total.
Cities in Motion 2 -- MB-2EE673D242C16E0E - Taken by Joken. 5 entrants total.
Sanctum: Collection -- MB-963D59C02849B95E - Taken by Mobius and pet octopus. 5 entrants total.
Supreme Commander 2 -- MB-FBACFE7F794108E6 - Taken by soapypanda. 3 entrants total.
Guardians of Middle-earth -- MB-F591DE611317F2F8 - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 3 entrants total.
Starseed Pilgrim -- MB-0D1492059D0FB0DB - Taken by arts&crafts. 2 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North -- MB-CE69BE52B9841E69 - Taken by Berto. 2 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-BFED7E149321D693
Gotham City Impostors: Professional Kit -- MB-1AB8E6129356EF4F

t1406180616z1.png
Winner of Deus Ex Human Revolution will get a code for the Missing Link DLC. Winner of Guardians of Middle-earth will get a code for the Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaug's Treasure DLC. These two codes will be sent out in the morning after I wake up.

Turfster

Sometimes if you put a dead hard drive in the freezer for a while and then plug it back in, you can boot it long enough to get some key files off it. I've never heard a logical explanation for it (except "heat bad cold good").

Freezer only works if your bearings are stuck, so it doesn't really help in most cases, sadly.
The trick for head crashes was turning the whole drive upside down, iirc, for example.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Four against one, you can't win lashman. :p

yes, I can, mate ;) because I'm really not, trust me

Lash you really are! You're awesome! We know, you know it, everyone knows the awesomeness of the lashman!

HAHA! And what web art has he done I wanna see!

I know I'm not ... really

lashman is a really nice guy. I agree. if only someone would give him a job. The man deserve one.

I'm nooooooooooooooooot x__x

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Hard Reset -- MB-846B9387BEDEDBC5 - Taken by adriano999
Savant Ascent -- MB-16A3F13C329A2111 - Taken by sotodefonk
The Longest Journey -- MB-EE20EE82E72864E3 - Taken by HalfwayOrb
Jet Set Radio -- MB-A08B557B798BA0A7 - Taken by InvisibleStride
Miasmata -- MB-396336ECFAAA2141 - Taken by Pakkidis

Shadownet

Banned
I went to the hospital and then I stopped by work to pick up some stuff.

Guess what.

I got this girl's phone number, whom I've been crushing on for a while now. She work at the food place next to my store.

I just asked if she wanted to go out sometimes. I can't wait!

iosefe

I didnt knew you were into that kind of fetish.
where has this woman come from?

Guess what.

I got this girl's phone number, whom I've been crushing on for a while now. She work at the food place next to my store.

Jeremy-Renner.gif

Step one complete. well done, comrade

Hugstable

Banned

Guess what.

Jeremy-Renner.gif

I told you lol. And congrats brother!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Guess what.

wow, that's awesome, dude!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :) I'm so happy for you right now!! :D

Guess what.

Well done, sir!

Just make sure she doesn't find all of the Elizabeth Olsen photos you've posted, LOL.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

My random straight dreams.

Guess what.

Congratulations! Hope everything goes fine between you two. :3

rtcn63

Guess what.

Yeah, well, when I worked at a law office, one of the pre-law kids degraded me publicly to gain favor with a psychopath she was into- the guy bragged about cheating on his girlfriend and joked about killing/raping his co-workers. She then told me a week later that we (she and I) should start a law firm together, even though I was technically a glorified mailboy. Where was I going with this? Yes, stay away from everyone.

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for MrTeachwell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MrTeachwell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Vd1j7n6.png

drive to hell desura #1 -- MB-22BC9C946CA1B0EE - Taken by pupo

once more for goodluck

This is my giveaway. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Widdly Scuds:
Press the quote butt

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure -- MB-E1AA9EEEA01844D9 - Taken by wilflare. 36 entrants total.

t1406181447z1.png

Altazor

Guess what.

awww yeah :D

Ventara

Guess what.

Aww snap! Break out the champagne bottle! Congrats! Try not to twist your leg when you jump for joy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I loved the first scribb so much, I need to play the DC one. If it was a Marvel game I would have been all over it, but my knowledge of DC hit is very limited to just the big names

Also, someone post the nope gif from scribblenauts, which is one of the best things ever

Shadownet

Banned
step one complete. well done, comrade

I told you lol. And congrats brother!
wow, that's awesome, dude!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :) I'm so happy for you right now!! :D

Aww snap! Break out the champagne bottle! Congrats! Try not to twist your leg when you jump for joy.

Well done, sir!
Just make sure she doesn't find all of the Elizabeth Olsen photos you've posted, LOL.

I can't promise that.. I think I might have to hide the folder though. Maybe i'll hide it in my Hugh Jackman folder. Funny thing though, he coworker, asked me like a week before, when I stopped by if she was pretty right in front of her face. I was like "um yeah, she is really pretty." ever since then, he been trying to set us up together. lol

Congratulations! Hope everything goes fine between you two. :3
<3 nito.

Yeah, well, when I worked at a law office, one of the pre-law kids degraded me publicly to gain favor with a psychopath she was into- the guy bragged about cheating on his girlfriend and joked about killing/raping his co-workers. She then told me a week later that we (she and I) should start a law firm together, even though I was technically a glorified mailboy. Where was I going with this? Yes, stay away from everyone.

your crazy stories never failed to entertain us. But damn that was another level of crazy. I'll just think that you just wished me well.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Spring-Loaded:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last month, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xheRJRF.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
Bad Rats The Revenge -- MB-46EDECE5B6737D46 - Taken by BinaryPork2737. 8 entrants total.

t1406257529z1.png

Sometimes if you put a dead hard drive in the freezer for a while and then plug it back in, you can boot it long enough to get some key files off it. I've never heard a logical explanation for it (except "heat bad cold good").
Yeah, doesn't make sense. Hard-drives can get warm but not hot enough to warrant malfunction because of that usually.
I have a HDD problem myself. I got an internal 640GB one and bought an Intenso USB 3.0 external case, in which I mounted it. There are no click-sounds and the HDD is always very fast recognized but there is a very weird problem with usage. Everytime I copy a file, it works good until it hits ~85%. Then it stalls and nothing happens. Have to cut power but it always happens. Would have been nice to have a dedicated HDD for game recording.
Maybe I'll ask in the dedicated thread sometime.
Check your PM
What a nice thing to do!
Lashman is the shit
Fact!
Fixed
Guess what.
Congrats on the date!?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Containment The zombie puzzler -- MB-8BC2533A36D81E7C
IHF Handball Challenge 12 -- MB-CC78530058456728 - Taken by drakaenae
3 stars of destiny -- MB-6997686FFCBB36CA - Taken by topyy
Monday Night Combat -- MB-4B14D7954BE99CC2
Burn Zombie Burn -- MB-01F1CE324BE18544 - Taken by Henry Swanson
BlackSoul -- MB-46E739C2F2A12719
ESCHALON BOOK II -- MB-B469A5943155BB1A - Taken by dinopoke
Beep -- MB-16F8A42A8186E64D - Taken by Henry Swanson
ESCHALON BOOK III -- MB-89EE5C1E1DF5E56B - Taken by Catshade
ESCHALON: BOOK I -- MB-659CB5709C0CE22D
Gateways -- MB-860AD63D0CFDCFE8 - Taken by MTE
Zen Bound 2 -- MB-C9A6480B5EC7DEBA - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
Frozen Hearth -- MB-7358DA0E20BFCA4A - Taken by celsowmbr
Dark Shadows Army of Evil -- MB-CEA55BF6FC368410
Where Angels Cry -- MB-D08B786D5750026A
Grimind -- MB-DD37D191C83AECF4
Hydrophobia -- MB-E986EE0944BABFAA - Taken by gaiadyne
Stronghold HD -- MB-B108AF580CF3E2EA - Taken by Vlad

Don't wanna spam but this has actually something to do with games.
Tried Helms Deep with Soma, cHInzo and Enco in Left4Dead.
Game crashed and it was late so we didn't even play 5 mins though :(
Here some pics and webms (and some from yesterday) :)
Batman and his Hattori Hanzo Katana fit very well and yes this is a Titanfall carbine!
Here in action!
http://a.pomf.se/gandpz.webm
Bonus from yesterday:
Later is indeed a startled Peach Witch climbing up the wall.

Gonna post some highlights tomorrow. Webm encoding is hard on my rusty old CPU.

My first giveaway (will try to do more in the near future
I hope so
ModBot said:
Instructions for PLASTICA-MAN:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PLASTICA-MAN, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gun Monkeys -- MB-098BD531E574B73E - Taken by Lone_Prodigy. 6 entrants total.

t1406172510z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom