• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
A third thread? And it's already 17 pages? The Steam thread is moving too fast

And. Here. We. Go...

IMO looks soulless, bland and uninspired. 2D Visuals would have made the game more charming and perhaps less basic.

Looks great to me.

I didn't suggest that it would be new but rather that it may be new. I made no comment as to the likelihood and was simply making the point that it would be best to skip entering the giveaway as even if he hasn't played the DLC, by having completed the main campaign he's experienced most of what the game has to offer -- ergo, it'd be fairer to leave the giveaway for someone who's yet to play the game at all.

To be honest, I had no idea of the "entering the giveaway" context to your comments -- I didn't follow the chain far enough back.
But you're 100% right about being fair.
Any way you look at it though, it's a moot point now... ;)

does anybody know if evolve is getting launched on steam? They have preorders up on various retailers but haven't heard anything yet about a digital release for PC

nvm found it on the store page, spelled it wrong lol

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
does anybody know if evolve is getting launched on steam? They have preorders up on various retailers but haven't heard anything yet about a digital release for PC

Turtle Rock said that the Steam preorder will go up close to the game's launch. Maybe end of September

Haha, I see your edit.
Before that I had a snarky response all lined up... apparently I'm channeling my inner-Rhaknar today.

Here's the store page for anyone looking for it, since it's already in my copy/paste buffer:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/273350/

zychi

Banned
any of my steam brethren need a destiny ps4 code?

i dont know how to hide things in a quote, so pm me if someone wants it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The one where you hang off a ledge after the mine cart ride.
Seems impossible. There are a couple of threads in the steam community forums about the particular QTE so it's not just me. Maybe I should switch to 30 FPS and retry

Funny thing is that when I played it on PS2 years ago, the particular QTE was fine
I got through that qte fine in the 60 fps mode.

MadGear

About the MGR giveaways, i just remembered that there used to be a gifting restriction on that game, is this still true (don't know what i have to look for)?
If so, i presume these gifts are all originating from the US ?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
What are these games with souls? Is 2D inherently more charming?
Its more charming considering how the 2D drawing of the character looks in comparison to the 3D Model.

mighty-no-9-art.jpg

... and about 10 times more expensive ;)
Looking at the amount of animation or lack there of it wouldn't be extremely expensive.

Not Megaman X8 more interesting level design

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
To be honest, I had no idea of the "entering the giveaway" context to your comments -- I didn't follow the chain far enough back.
But you're 100% right about being fair.
Any way you look at it though, it's a moot point now... ;)

Moot or not, I hope we're now on the same page. ;) That is, the DLC being new was expressed as a possibility, not a certainty.

Speaking of which, seeing as there's no pre-purchase option on Steam at this juncture and 2K has still yet to send out alpha invites to survey participants, I think Steam pre-orders granting alpha access is a distinct possibility.

Tellaerin

Put some hours into Fallout New Vegas this afternoon. Keep in mind I went in totally blind, so I was surprised to find out it's basically Elder Scrolls but with guns. It seems pretty cool, except I really got to find a way to repair my guns or get someone to repair them. Broken ass guns everywhere.

You can repair damaged weapons and armor with others of the same type on the inventory screen. (There's a very nice perk that broadens this so that you can repair things with items of the same general class, so that instead of the same specific item, you could use any kind of light armor you find as fodder to repair another light armor. That one's a must-have, IMO - that way you can use trash drops as fodder to keep your good stuff working, or use them to fix up the better items you find and sell them to merchants. The latter nets you a lot more caps than selling the junk itself would.)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
as someone that never really played RE4 much back in the day (I played a bit on ps2 but I dont remember any of it, certainly didnt finish it or got anyware close), once you get past the awful tank controls, game seems indeed good. Love the athmosphere and setting, and Leon is a bad mofo who jumps through second floor windows and just shrugs it off

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Oh so killer is dead has all the paid for DLC?
Looks like i got an excuse to double dip on that now.

All DLC is in plus extra files that help the story make more sense. Need to beat the game to access those files or go to the game PC OT and read the files.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
as someone that never really played RE4 much back in the day (I played a bit on ps2 but I dont remember any of it, certainly didnt finish it or got anyware close), once you get past the awful tank controls, game seems indeed good. Love the athmosphere and setting, and Leon is a bad mofo who jumps through second floor windows and just shrugs it off

Trust me when I say RE4 keeps on giving. One of the best things about it is that it's got excellent pacing and level design, and will keep on introducing you to new things, challenges, monsters, obstacles, situations, all the way through to the end of the game, there are no two identical scenarios in RE4 and it really knows how to layer upon what it teaches you and introduce new mechanics very well.

It allows for more variety in play-style, more than RE5 or RE6, and has some good detail to round it all about.

Interested to hear your impressions through it~

MadGear

Yes:
It only affects unused/new gift copies from South American, South-east Asian and Eastern European users, though -- retail key eligibility isn't affected.

Ah, never really used steamdb before, didn't know i had to look for this in the subs :D Thanks.

Jusoni

Goddamn that Twin Peaks blu-ray set is HOT! Went straight to amazon and preordered, not even the 119$ price didn't bother. I just gotta have that shit and watch the show for the fifth time. It's just that freaking good. Not to mention the extras, ohhh boy!
On another note; got married yesterday! Last month has been crazy stressful with all the preparations. Had zero time to do any serious gaming other than sneaky bathroom phonegames. Now when I'm a married man, maybe I can do some real gaming. Starting with finishing RE4HD and walking dead ep.3&4, sweeeeet.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Trust me when I say RE4 keeps on giving. One of the best things about it is that it's got excellent pacing and level design, and will keep on introducing you to new things, challenges, monsters, obstacles, situations, all the way through to the end of the game, there are no two identical scenarios in RE4 and it really knows how to layer upon what it teaches you and introduce new mechanics very well.

It allows for more variety in play-style, more than RE5 or RE6, and has some good detail to round it all about.

Interested to hear your impressions through it~

heres my impressions so far:

-Leon is a sexy motherfucker
-Its hilarious how controversial RE5 was with its "racism" when RE4 is the EXACT SAME THING only with latinos isntead of afraican americans
-these controls are fucking awful
-I know you cant do much with the source material, but I was expecting a little more HD in my RE4 HD
-how nice of the cultists to leave me all my weapons and shit when they captured me
-Luiz is a tool
-What are you buying?

this might sound negative but Im actually really enjoying it. the little bit at the start with all the dudes after you until the church bell rings was cool, I didnt know what the fuck was going on and actually ran out of ammo before it happened, quite a bit of tension there.

Someone do a Morrowind giveaway. I'm broke and want to win it!

Well guys, he had one gifted to him, so consider that one less person to compete with!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KevMan1815, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition -- MB-CB4F71BE24EB4A75 - Taken by The Dear Leader

t1405891814z1.png

noitu-love-2-title-screen.jpg

As a Treasure fan, how this game had avoided my radar blows my mind. This game feels like something Konami or Treasure would have made during their 16-bit days. The bosses are all really fun, the game has some great art, and even though its a bit short, it does enough to give you incentive to replay it a few times.

o3Fqw0w.gif

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

ulgzbKC.png
Evopollution (Desura) -- MB-B5F9A30C66C68CDD - Taken by Stumpokapow
ulgzbKC.png
Frederic Resurrection of Music (Desura) -- MB-B7DCEEB29AFC85AD - Taken by Darth Kupi
ulgzbKC.png
Heileen (Desura) -- MB-E658CC53D2C57697 - Taken by user237
ulgzbKC.png
Inescapable (Desura) -- MB-DE5A434202707B1F - Taken by Sammichu
ulgzbKC.png
Inescapable #2 (Desura) -- MB-D03FDE5DA16ACD94 - Taken by Darth Kupi
ulgzbKC.png
International Snooker (Desura) -- MB-BF37F82CF9FC342C - Taken by darkchewie
ulgzbKC.png
Rhythm Destruction (Desura) -- MB-E9FFC9B81A964AC1 - Taken by KenOD
ulgzbKC.png
Rush for Glory (Desura) -- MB-E20780E64EF2B31E - Taken by Darth Kupi
ulgzbKC.png
Super Panda Adventures (Desura) -- MB-483A4B3C73187489 - Taken by anastef

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Goddamn that Twin Peaks blu-ray set is HOT! Went straight to amazon and preordered, not even the 119$ price didn't bother. I just gotta have that shit and watch the show for the fifth time. It's just that freaking good. Not to mention the extras, ohhh boy!
On another note; got married yesterday! Last month has been crazy stressful with all the preparations. Had zero time to do any serious gaming other than sneaky bathroom phonegames. Now when I'm a married man, maybe I can do some real gaming. Starting with finishing RE4HD and walking dead ep.3&4, sweeeeet.

Congrats on the marriage, about about my thoughts on the TP pre-order. I was one of the few fortunate ones, I pre-ordered it when it went on sale immediately and a few hours later it turns out the price they had on Amazon was a price mistake so I get it for a little cheaper, but still extremely excited. TP happens to be my all-time favorite TV show so far.

heres my impressions so far:

-Leon is a sexy motherfucker
-Its hilarious how controversial RE5 was with its "racism" when RE4 is the EXACT SAME THING only with latinos isntead of afraican americans
-these controls are fucking awful
-I know you cant do much with the source material, but I was expecting a little more HD in my RE4 HD
-how nice of the cultists to leave me all my weapons and shit when they captured me
-Luiz is a tool
-What are you buying?

this might sound negative but Im actually really enjoying it. the little bit at the start with all the dudes after you until the church bell rings was cool, I didnt know what the fuck was going on and actually ran out of ammo before it happened, quite a bit of tension there.

Happy you're enjoying it, the controls take getting used to but the game is designed around them. RE4 is very much a roller-coaster in many ways, so I'll be looking forward to tales of your venture into some fictional Spanish village.

Anteater

Oh yes. I managed to break and short-circuit a couple of jumping puzzles thanks to th ewonky collision detection.

haha yeah, Lara couldn't even walk straight sometimes because the model keeps tripping over some invisible hole the player can't see

I'm surprised it got through the QA, it's really apparent

Sky Chief

Posting one last time for anyone who might have missed it before I go to lunch. Amazing, amazing game! 45 minutes to go!

Good luck! :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sky Chief:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sky Chief, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE #2 -- MB-15D61093603240AA - Taken by Kanokare. 87 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE -- MB-B9D0B1077914AB59 - Taken by hitmon. 86 entrants total.

t1405884312z1.png

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

If you were actually thinking about playing a Humans vs Dinosaur multiplayer game, everyone seems to think that Primal Carnage is a better game.

that's because it is ;) by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom