• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
lol, so what if I want to gift HL3?
You can. You'll just be hounded everyday until the end of time or until that game come out. Whatever is sooner. Probably end of time.

seriously though I wouldn't recommend gifting a game with no release date or not even an announcement yet.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
lol, so what if I want to gift HL3?

Shhhh, do something you know you can do. I already knew I was going to do this, so decided, why not now as Shadownet got it running through my head.

Evil Within we know it's coming to PC on the same day as consoles (October 14th in the US, 17th in Europe), and as Bethesda it will most certainly be a Steam title, as well as they've mentioned it.

Yrael

I WILL TAKE IT

tumblr_mkl2hgtQo01s2b2mgo2_250.gif

Shadownet

Banned
I just did a "my loot" request to Modbot.

He said that I won Splinter Cell Blacklist humble bundle key from someone? Blacklist was in a humble bundle? I don't remember that.

The other sad thing was it was already redeemed. I'm bummed out now, Lol.

I just did a "my loot" request to Modbot.

He said that I won Splinter Cell Blacklist humble bundle key from someone? Blacklist was in a humble bundle? I don't remember that.

The other sad thing was it was already redeemed. I'm bummed out now, Lol.
It's sold in the Humble store (Uplay key).

Ben652

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

iBomber Defense Pacific -- MB-1ED87871CFF785EF - Taken by Sendou
N.P.P.D. RUSH -- MB-206EB888E9E4F294 - Taken by redlacs

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Now the Gun Monkeys/Adventures of Shuggy/Torchlight GOG giveaways can finally stop.

At least I found some new candidates for my personal blacklist

Knurek

I've been thinking about all the reviews posted here (and in previous threads) and it's such a pity that despite how great some of them are (Dusk Golem's writeup are always interesting), they get buried under an avalanche of posts.
Do you think that a separate thread that would repost only the reviews would be a good thing to have? Or would a separate wiki be a better solution?

I can eventually browse through previous threads and do the manual work required, I'm just asking whether people would be okay with that.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
These two are still up for grabs...

RADICAL ROACH DELUXE EDITION -- MB-B53CF3445E9F12B2 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 2 entrants total.
N.P.P.D. RUSH THE MILK OF ULTRAVIOLET -- MB-67DAF14691A67490 - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.

FrozenByte is, unfortunately, taking the practical route of having separate launchers for the original game and EE. Even if the two versions were split across different apps, this wouldn't preclude a free upgrade as FrozenByte could have just added the new app to the existing subs (think The Whispered World).

Of course there's a free update. From now Trine 1 is Trine EE and you can choose from the launcher which version you would like to play.

Yes, they already said it will be free if you already own Trine 1.

Thanks guys.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I've been thinking about all the reviews posted here (and in previous threads) and it's such a pity that despite how great some of them are (Dusk Golem's writeup are always interesting), they get buried under an avalanche of posts.
Do you think that a separate thread that would repost only the reviews would be a good thing to have? Or would a separate wiki be a better solution?

I can eventually browse through previous threads and do the manual work required, I'm just asking whether people would be okay with that.

Thank you very much, one thing I do is that I also post my impressions as a Steam review so. But I'll leave this all up to you guys, I'm happy if even just one person finds my thoughts interesting.

yeah, I'm sure that's the reason xD lol
You only need your friends greeting you back to feel happy enough :)
The dream is dead.
I just don't like the "How are you feeling" question, that's all :p
Don't we all feel shit? Don't we all?
Btw, how is your emotional state today? :p
Stealing a bit of inspiration here, but there was a game I was definitely going to give you guys a copy of anyways, and decided an IOU is good as it goes as you guys know I'm good for it.
I find it so, so immensely enjoyable that there are gaf members who "specialize" in genres. Dusk e.g. with his focus on survival/horror games.
It even reflects on his giveaways. I just love this.
Just checked, wow I "could" enter this o_O But I won't, since I am not that hyped. There's surely someone else who wants it badly. No need to decrease his chances.
Thanks for the chance Dusk!

Sendou

Funny thing: I was actually thinking about that yesterday. It really is a shame locating them isn't easier. I trust Steam GAF's opinion.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I'd go the wiki route. I honestly don't think a dedicated review collation thread would get a lot of attention outside of the occasional new review.

Shadownet

Banned
From Modbot

Man Puncher claimed your Batman Arkham Knight key. There were 160 entrants.

Thanks again for being a weirdo and gifting this early.

Edit:
I'd go the wiki route. I honestly don't think a dedicated review collation thread would get a lot of attention outside of the occasional new review.

Yeah a wiki would be better, plus much more organized too. By games and then reviews.

_hekk05

Banned
Now the Gun Monkeys/Adventures of Shuggy/Torchlight GOG giveaways can finally stop.

(ノ ̄д ̄)ノ

My copy of shuggy is going to stay in my steam inventory forever now

Shadownet

Banned
Hahaha that's pretty funny

Haha, the second part. Wonder if Dusk will get a similar message.

My sleep schedule is horribly messed up. I take periodic naps during the day and stay up all night. OTL

I was joking guys :p I edited.

I don't think even the omniscient modbot can tell when a game have been given away has a preorder page or not.

Still got a good laugh out of it though, it would have been awesome if Modbot message is a bit different lol
-------

Do it. And I'll do one for TLG.

As a PlayStation gamer, that one hurt right to the bones.

We'll never see it. :(

AHA-Lambda

That means anyone who redeems Gun Monkeys is cursed to have an extra copy in their inventory forever!

Hell, I gave away my spare :/

I don't think even the omniscient modbot can tell when a game have been given away has a preorder page or not.

Still got a good laugh out of it though, it would have been awesome if Modbot message is a bit different lol

Aw that figures :p. I was surprised ModBot knew haha. Good job lol

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
(ノ ̄д ̄)ノ

My copy of shuggy is going to stay in my steam inventory forever now

That means anyone who redeems Gun Monkeys is cursed to have an extra copy in their inventory forever!

Hell, I gave away my spare :/

That's why there's a garbage dump feature that people should use for such games.
Steamgifts doesn't allow users to give away free/exploited games and Modbot should follow it's example, especially now that big giveaways are an everyday thing and so many users are trying to game the system by raffling off free games

That's why there's a garbage dump feature that people should use for such games.
Steamgifts doesn't allow users to give away free/exploited games and Modbot should follow it's example, especially now that big giveaways are an everyday thing and so many users are trying to game the system by raffling off free games

Shuggy actually is a really good game. It's a very nice puzzle platformer. Anyone else who has played will probably agree with me unless he doesn't like puzzle games.

Oh, I didn't undestarnd what you mean, but even if games has been in a couple indie bundles there might always be someone who hasn't bought the bundles and might like to get the game if it's on a giveaway, so I think people should be free to giveaway what they want just like people are free not to enter.

Deitus

Well I wouldn't expect ModBot to know any better, but I'm pretty sure Stump has done manual overrides in the past to send funny messages. Either that or people edited it like you did before posting in the thread and I'm gullible.

This seems a bit spiteful for someone who gamed the playfire system to the point of banning, to sit there and punish people who are playing fair according to the rules of modbot.

I mean, more power to you if you wish to ban people for giving out free games (i didn't enter the batman giveaway simply due to the fact that I'm technically sitting on 3 batman games as is) but the casting of stones in glass houses should be noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom