• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
That's why there's a garbage dump feature that people should use for such games.
Steamgifts doesn't allow users to give away free/exploited games and Modbot should follow it's example, especially now that big giveaways are an everyday thing and so many users are trying to game the system by raffling off free games

Payitforward sowing seeds of distrust in SteamGaf. If we fight amongst ourselves ModBot will become SkyNet!! Must be Stump's master plan.

I'll probably anon raffle it off someday

AHA-Lambda

That's why there's a garbage dump feature that people should use for such games.
Steamgifts doesn't allow users to give away free/exploited games and Modbot should follow it's example, especially now that big giveaways are an everyday thing and so many users are trying to game the system by raffling off free games

Yeah I guess that is fair. If Steamgifts does that guess we should just use the garbage dump then for such stuff in the future.

nerdook

Neo Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858466.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (nerdook, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vertical Drop Heroes HD -- MB-4543EF7D65D74E84 - Taken by derExperte. 16 entrants total.
Vertical Drop Heroes HD #3 -- MB-1C1C92AF59663391 - Taken by kudoboi. 22 entrants total.
Vertical Drop Heroes HD #2 -- MB-BDF683E1D548F627 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 14 entrants total.

t1406218537z1.png

My apologies... first time using NeoGAF to give away keys! :p Here are three additional keys via ModBot for Vertical Drop Heroes HD on Steam. Once claimed, the game will activate on Friday, July 25th. It's a procedural platformer-RPG, in case you were wondering. Good luck!!

logo3_black_steam_600.png

Tizoc

Stealing a bit of inspiration here, but there was a game I was definitely going to give you guys a copy of anyways, and decided an IOU is good as it goes as you guys know I'm good for it.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaan I need to get my moronic RE-fan brother interested in this game, but he only plays on PS3.
Great give away though!

Hugstable

Banned
I've been thinking about all the reviews posted here (and in previous threads) and it's such a pity that despite how great some of them are (Dusk Golem's writeup are always interesting), they get buried under an avalanche of posts.
Do you think that a separate thread that would repost only the reviews would be a good thing to have? Or would a separate wiki be a better solution?

I can eventually browse through previous threads and do the manual work required, I'm just asking whether people would be okay with that.

I think a SteamGAF wiki that's linked in the OP might be the best idea cause I don't know how they would take adding a seperate topic just for SteamGAF user reviews/impressions. I really like your idea of a wiki for placing everything though. The way I did my last big review was that I wrote it here and always posted it to the reviews of the game itself on Steam and in my review/impressions here on GAF I also linked to my Steam Review which some can see. Your idea of the Wiki is actually a really good idea and can be a great place to compile impressions that we write so that others can easily look up the game and reviews that they wish to find out about.

ShogunX

Spare.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ShogunX, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

T.E.C. 3001 -- MB-E22E8B5CFD12887C - Taken by dave is ok. 4 entrants total.

t1406208876z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Neither Shuggy nor Gun Monkeys are on the exploited games list. They're both on the bundle list, but this just means that giveaway creators wont be credited for the full amount of their store prices.

Edit: If you weren't discounting Steam Gifts as an option but rather were just thinking out loud, then never mind. ;)

Shadownet

Banned

Hey ShogunX you need to press the "Quote" Button on the left under Mod of picture in the PM. Not highlighting and copy and paste the message.

Press the Quote Button, and then Copy, and paste that in a post on here.

There's a tutorial on how to use modbot in the OP of this tread.

fenners

My apologies... first time using NeoGAF to give away keys! :p Here are three additional keys via ModBot for Vertical Drop Heroes HD on Steam. Once claimed, the game will activate on Friday, July 25th. It's a procedural platformer-RPG, in case you were wondering. Good luck!!

logo3_black_steam_600.png

That, sir, looks awesome. Great gesture. I just added it to my wishlist.

Tizoc

(Evil Within is coming to PS3, as a heads-up. Cross-Gen game.)

Oh I am aware of that, I've known that since its announcement ;)

Don't worry, most people know I usually do personal giftings rather than giveaways. So eventually, I'll make my way to you with something Tizoc. Just because I like you :)

MAXIMUM_BROFIST_by_Amastroph.png

Congrats to Man Puncher regardless though~

FYI finding good WAU Nerrisa fanart has been fruitless for me, been looking everywhere but nada...

Arthea

It's the first time I hear that Shuggy is free. Where, when, how?

lighten up, man. People will give away what they want to give away, Modbot just helps them to do so, it's not some almighty machina to sift out worthy ones.

If you want to gift games only to "worthy", you can always do it by picking people yourself and gifting them directly, you know.

Do it. And I'll do one for TLG.

oh boy...

I think a SteamGAF wiki that's linked in the OP might be the best idea cause I don't know how they would take adding a seperate topic just for SteamGAF user reviews/impressions. I really like your idea of a wiki for placing everything though. The way I did my last big review was that I wrote it here and always posted it to the reviews of the game itself on Steam and in my review/impressions here on GAF I also linked to my Steam Review which some can see. Your idea of the Wiki is actually a really good idea and can be a great place to compile impressions that we write so that others can easily look up the game and reviews that they wish to find out about.

I personally like seeing reviews randomly pop up in this thread too. Maybe if there's a wiki, people could continue to post their reviews as replies here like usual, but ALSO drop them into a wiki section? That way there would be no difference from how it works today, except there would be a nifty place to go to seek them out.

Vuze

Thanks, that's very cool! Game looks interesting, I entered and also wishlisted, just in case. :D
Just a tip for ModBot: no need to specify thread URL as long as you give away keys within the Steam thread :)

ShogunX

Hey ShogunX you need to press the "Quote" Button on the left under Mod of picture in the PM. Not highlighting and copy and paste the message.

Press the Quote Button, and then Copy, and paste that in a post on here.

There's a tutorial on how to use modbot in the OP of this tread.

Think I just missed the bottom when manually copying and pasting :), Thanks for the tip.

Thanks for the chance...your game looks pretty cool!

You should just do the big giveaways in the NeoGAF Gold subscriber forum.
Problem solved.

No dirty Gun Monkey, Shuggy or *gasp* anonymous giveaways there.

Volimar

I just did a "my loot" request to Modbot.

He said that I won Splinter Cell Blacklist humble bundle key from someone? Blacklist was in a humble bundle? I don't remember that.

The other sad thing was it was already redeemed. I'm bummed out now, Lol.

I thought you went to bed?

Shadownet

Banned

Congrats to Man Puncher regardless though~

FYI finding good WAU Nerrisa fanart has been fruitless for me, been looking everywhere but nada...

I've been doing the same thing Lol. No luck. Its hard to find fan arts when its a short of new game. Plus Wolf isn't as famous as The Walking Dead. And Nerissa is a minor character. Though she might play a bigger role if they do season 2.

I did find several cosplay and one average looking drawing though. Nothing great yet. I'll let you know if I can find anything Lol

Weirdly though I find a lot of her
nude pics
from the game. Haha

It's the first time I hear that Shuggy is free. Where, when, how?

lighten up, man. People will give away what they want to give away, Modbot just helps them to do so, it's not some almighty machina to sift out worthy ones.

If you want to gift games only to "worthy", you can always do it by picking people yourself and gifting them directly, you know.

Pretty much my reasoning most of the time.

@Volimar. I did Lol just woke up to see the ending to my giveaway. Going back to bed!

JaseC

Quick GAF, someone's life is on the line! Sleeping Dogs, Skyrim, or Dark Souls? Which should I play right now??

I'd start with Sleeping Dogs. Maybe a miracle will happen and Dark Souls will be GFWL-free by the time you're done!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Yai, then I join you in the confusion on why he's not interested in it. Well, PS3 obviously won't be the best version of the game, but still. It has Mikami as the director, the environment artist from REmake, a variety of people who worked on RE1, RE2, RE3, Dino Crisis, and RE4 working on the title.

Evil Within is one of those games I expect will be very good but have a hard time winning over people, I felt that since it was announced.

Is there any Lode Runner type games on steam? Or really anyone online Lode Runner type games anywhere?

I used to play The Legend Returns with my brother all the time as kids. I was hoping to play with him again from a few states away.

Shadownet

Banned
Quick GAF, someone's life is on the line! Sleeping Dogs, Skyrim, or Dark Souls? Which should I play right now??

I'd say Sleeping Dogs, than Dark Souls and Skyrim last.

I only say Dark Souls before Skyrim is because going from DS combat to Skyrim, it will be a piece of cake to you when you get to Skyrim.

Knurek

I personally like seeing reviews randomly pop up in this thread too. Maybe if there's a wiki, people could continue to post their reviews as replies here like usual, but ALSO drop them into a wiki section? That way there would be no difference from how it works today, except there would be a nifty place to go to seek them out.

That's what I'm proposing - taking reviews posted here (and in previous threads) and making either a separate thread with just this content or a wiki.
I'm not postulating that people should stop posting here - I would work on moving the content from here to whatever we decide on.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
This seems a bit spiteful for someone who gamed the playfire system to the point of banning, to sit there and punish people who are playing fair according to the rules of modbot.

I mean, more power to you if you wish to ban people for giving out free games (i didn't enter the batman giveaway simply due to the fact that I'm technically sitting on 3 batman games as is) but the casting of stones in glass houses should be noted.

What I did with playfire and my motives for doing it is none of your fucking business and completely unrelated to all of this, so stop using it as a cheap excuse to troll.

You can't imagine how much money I've spent to offer games to this community and all I get in return is being called a scammer and a scumbag from people like you

Many users from here are too greedy to even spend $1 and buy a cheap bundle to give away. Why should these people be able to bypass giveaway restrictions? completely destroys the point of all rules. If they feel so inclined to give away games that everyone can get for free then they should be decent enough to tag them as garbage dumps and not take any credit for them

Anustart

My computer has gotten god awfully slow when opening programs, clicking on a game in my steam list (takes forever to happen) among other things. This a sign my hdd is failing? Perhaps I need to click on one of those MakeMyPCFast banners.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
As a reminder to y'all, Darkwood releases on Early Access on Steam today.

header_292x136.jpg

"Darkwood is a game about survival, exploration and fear, set in mysterious woods somewhere in the territory of the Soviet Bloc. It is a top-down, free-roam, surreal horror experience with a randomized world, taking cues from classic games, where oftentimes you had to figure things out for yourself. By blending RPG, roguelike and adventure elements together with a challenging difficulty, Darkwood aims to please players craving for a deep and rewarding experience.

The fear of unknown is powerful and the unknown will try to remain unseen, forcing you to watch your back. Your senses will be deceived, your sight fooled, your smell tricked by Darkwood's surreal terrors. No answer will be given to you for free, yet somewhere in the woods lies the truth, an explanation to what has happened in this godforsaken place."

Newest Trailer... Game looks a lot better in motion than it does in screens.

ss_efef1b56eac0521f0994f3ad718c9197fd3c29e1.600x338.jpg
ss_2bb8b221911d04fd13c8094e283d39d924940af5.600x338.jpg
ss_b425d183656c5c1beba4ab66d052d5053c69922a.600x338.jpg

Current features
-Prologue.
-Randomly generated, open world.
-The first chapter of the game.
-Several skills and perks to choose from when leveling your character.
-Several types of enemies, each having a different set of behaviours.
-Choices and consequences. These will be much more visible in the later chapters.
-Crafting, barricades and traps.
-Mysteries, secrets, and surprises!
-A couple of melee and (rare) ranged weapons.
-A few NPCs to talk, trade with, complete tasks for, or kill.

Planned features
--More of everything! Characters, enemies, loot, skills, events, locations, you name it!
--Finishing and polishing the first chapter, and adding the remaining one(s).
-A probable overhaul of the crafting system.
-A better, prettier, more efficient lighting system (hopefully).
-Optimization.
-Lots of other stuff that might come up during Early Access!

Crowd-funded this a while ago on Indiegogo, and it's been developing nicely.

----

On an unrelated note, re-posting as a couple pages ago, holding an Evil Within IOU giveaway.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dusk Golem, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

THIS GAME IS AN IOU, I will gift the game via NeoGAF PM a little before or on the game's release date on Steam.

NOTE: Bethesda is known for region-locking, and as Evil Within is a gory game, it is quite possible it will have a censored version released. North America is where I'm and the key will be from, and maybe it won't be, but it's a fair notice to say it might be,

4956576_m.png

Evil Within -- MB-677AAF14A772A4E2 - Taken by EzioCroft. 88 entrants total.

t1406291676z1.png

Tizoc

Yai, then I join you in the confusion on why he's not interested in it. Well, PS3 obviously won't be the best version of the game, but still. It has Mikami as the director, the environment artist from REmake, a variety of people who worked on RE1, RE2, RE3, Dino Crisis, and RE4 working on the title.

Evil Within is one of those games I expect will be very good but have a hard time winning over people, I felt that since it was announced.

The primary reason he isn't interested in it atm, is due to the following
1- He doesn't follow video game news as much as you or I
2- He doesn't even know about the game
3- I tried to get him to watch a trailer of the game when I sent it to him via facebook but he was rewatching some WWE stuff for the umpteenth time :V

Honestly if Evil Within has the common elements that made the RE games work, minus Tnak controls, than og RE fans can be familiar with it and get some enjoyment from it.

Some leftovers, in case someone wants them
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Runespell: Overture -- MB-6282724A662CD4CF - Taken by Demon Lizardman
Civilization III Complete -- MB-5A6B214DDD4644AA - Taken by atomic moth
A New Beginning -- MB-BE5945EA3C3244D7 - Taken by deadflower81

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Civilization III Complete was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for A New Beginning was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

nerdook

Neo Member
Thanks, that's very cool! Game looks interesting, I entered and also wishlisted, just in case. :D
Just a tip for ModBot: no need to specify thread URL as long as you give away keys within the Steam thread :)

Thanks, will keep that in mind for future giveaways! At the risk of sounding like a starry eyed newbie (which I am!), I would just like to point out that this ModBot thing is really cool... :D

JaseC

My computer has gotten god awfully slow when opening programs, clicking on a game in my steam list (takes forever to happen) among other things. This a sign my hdd is failing? Perhaps I need to click on one of those MakeMyPCFast banners.

If you're still running Windows on an HDD I'd say an SSD upgrade should be top priority regardless. It makes a world of difference even on modest systems.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow, that GT-R giveaway for PC gamer after a few weeks of crap. Decent ending.

Beelzebubs

Thanks, will keep that in mind for future giveaways! At the risk of sounding like a starry eyed newbie (which I am!), I would just like to point out that this ModBot thing is really cool... :D

Modbot is the Sword of Damocles around here. It provideth great joy but inspires great jealousy. Also it's the primary distribution system of Bad Rats. I do love my Modbot :p

Shadownet

Banned
As a reminder to y'all, Darkwood releases on Early Access on Steam today.

header_292x136.jpg

"Darkwood is a game about survival, exploration and fear, set in mysterious woods somewhere in the territory of the Soviet Bloc. It is a top-down, free-roam, surreal horror experience with a randomized world, taking cues from classic games, where oftentimes you had to figure things out for yourself. By blending RPG, roguelike and adventure elements together with a challenging difficulty, Darkwood aims to please players craving for a deep and rewarding experience.

The fear of unknown is powerful – and the unknown will try to remain unseen, forcing you to watch your back. Your senses will be deceived, your sight fooled, your smell tricked by Darkwood's surreal terrors. No answer will be given to you for free, yet somewhere in the woods lies the truth, an explanation to what has happened in this godforsaken place."

Ohhh thank you for showing me this. I love horror games. I'll check this out.

I think Dust and I have the same taste in Horror/Survival games. :) we're going to get along just fine.

Manik

If you're still running Windows on an HDD I'd say an SSD upgrade should be top priority regardless. It makes a world of difference even on modest systems.

Yep, SSDs are godly. I recently purchased a new PC with an SSD and the boot up times for Windows are super short. Sometimes I restart the PC just for fun, to watch it boot up in a matter of seconds.

Anustart

Yeah, I'm grabbing one soon. I had one in my old build but didn't have it in the budget when I built this one. As a reference I have an i5-3570k, 8gb ram. For the past couple months it's been stuttering.

I'll grab an ssd next month I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom