• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

If you were actually thinking about playing a Humans vs Dinosaur multiplayer game, everyone seems to think that Primal Carnage is a better game.

Its a better game bar none ATM on steam.
Though I need to play with you and a few others. Everytime I plan to I ended getting plans.

Jawmuncher

No, maybe if it was 5 bucks.

For me any "AAA" game regardless of quality is worth the 12.5 or lower price. Though that's my impulse but price for anything that was 50 or 60.

Be a bit more flexible and play marines vs aliens. Natural Selection 2 is a much better game :)

betrayal,+yeah,+a+stab+in+the+back.gif

noitu-love-2-title-screen.jpg

As a Treasure fan, how this game had avoided my radar blows my mind. This game feels like something Konami or Treasure would have made during their 16-bit days. The bosses are all really fun, the game has some great art, and even though its a bit short, it does enough to give you incentive to replay it a few times.

I really love the music for this game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgxxcWz9Db0

Also, i'm glad to have finally contributed something of value with Butt Simulator.

You guys all need to get spintires! This is what happens 90% of the time to me and other gaffers I play with while doing the MP!
http://a.pomf.se/frnosa.webm
Why is it that pomf stopped working since a couple days?
I hope he doesnt hate women and makes video games.
Also Hitori Bocchi = best song in NHK. And Puru second best.
Would like to see a VN game with a NHK-like setting.
I just listened to Hitori Bocchi. Really awesome as the whole OST actually is.
A VN with branching paths in the NHK setting? Damn, you just made me want the impossible. Forget about games, there aren't even any other anime like that sadly.
Guess you are my fellow hikikomori brethren? Stay strong and why no steam name in your profile?
The new Thief is 12.5€ in nuueven. It is worth it?
Turfster incoming Edit: too late, ha

dream

For me any "AAA" game regardless of quality is worth the 12.5 or lower price. Though that's my impulse but price for anything that was 50 or 60.

But that raises the question of just what are you really paying for? If a "AAA" game is truly putrid, what makes it worth a maximum of $12.50?

Here's a key for Journey of the Roach.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Black Soma, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Journey of a Roach -- MB-3B2EAA5B0579808A

t1405882870z1.png

Anustart

Knight613 just gifted me Morrowind. Thanks man!

...Someone do a morrowind giveaway, I'm broke and want to play it!

is this like a genie lamp!!?? I kid, though I am playing Skyrim and loving it. Speaking of which, I need to give those console commands jasec mentioned a whirl to fix a quest.

Enco

You guys playing CS:GO all the time made me try it out again with another couple of gaffers and now that is all I have played the last week or so! I haven't even booted by Divinity yet. I blame you all equally!
I've tried so many times to get into it but I just can't.

One of the big reasons is that I HATE bots in multiplayer games. Also why I don't buy Titanfall. Get your bots out of my multiplayer!

I also find the maps boring.

And I suck.

RS4-

Yeah, I definitely hear what you're saying.

For me, there are just some genres that I won't bother paying full price for; maybe because of lack of mp or any sort of replay value, etc. I can't drop $50 for a game that is finished in a handful of hours and offer you one play through. AAA or not, I won't do it.

Jawmuncher

But that raises the question of just what are you really paying for? If a "AAA" game is truly putrid, what makes it worth a maximum of $12.50?

Can't say I have ran into a truly putrid AAA game that wasn't worth at least that price. Though I'm sure ill run into it sooner or later.

Well, the fact that MGS V is not announced for PC (yet?) should be telling.

Good Point.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I remember the rep on gaf said they will for sure say something publicly if the game is selling well, but so far we've not seen heard a single word from konami, so.... >.>

well - that really depends on what numbers were they expecting to see on that game ... if they were expecting the game to sell 5 million copies on PC, then ... well ...

Momentary

Banned

As a Treasure fan, how this game had avoided my radar blows my mind. This game feels like something Konami or Treasure would have made during their 16-bit days. The bosses are all really fun, the game has some great art, and even though its a bit short, it does enough to give you incentive to replay it a few times.

His other game that's in the works, The Iconoclasts, looks even more amazing than this.

Well, the fact that MGS V is not announced for PC (yet?) should be telling.
Mmh, I recall some posts showing that pc game market is worth a lot more than expected.
Maybe it was Durante who posted a graph or I remember wrong but the old thinking of pc market being niche or not of much value compared to consoles has been disproved gladly.
Third party exclusivity has to die imo. Especially when the reasons are aforementioned ones.

So what is it? Platformer or beat-em-up?

_hekk05

Banned
Why is it that pomf stopped working since a couple days?

Guess you are my fellow hikikomori brethren? Stay strong and why no steam name in your profile?

I think some antivirus software (avast for me) staated flagging all pomf hosted files as malware. An update and some exceptions made everything work for me again

Hikikomori represent!

Kifimbo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-24943E718E9A8E2A - Taken by Xanathus. 4 entrants total.

t1405883590z1.png

I think some antivirus software (avast for me) staated flagging all pomf hosted files as malware. An update and some exceptions made everything work for me again

Hikikomori represent!
Hikikomori woot woot! We're gonna take over the world soon... from our rooms.

Added exception for www.pomf.se in URL tab and for webm in MIME tab (MIME = file type right?).
And also script exception for www.pomf.se. Still no data received in chrome.
Dammit, disabling avast always sucks and whitelisting should be easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom