• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Spring-Loaded, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last month, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats The Revenge -- MB-46EDECE5B6737D46 - Taken by BinaryPork2737. 8 entrants total.

t1406257529z1.png

Jawmuncher

I'm looking to jump back to a arcade stick. Used one before but the PCB crapped out.
Was about to order one during EVO and then some money issues came up so I had to postpone.
If SteamGAF goes nuts for Ultra SFIV that might push me over the edge.

Ban Puncher

Speaking of fighting games, when does the Ultra update for SFIV hit Steam?

I'm looking to jump back to a arcade stick. Used one before but the PCB crapped out.
Was about to order one during EVO and then some money issues came up so I had to postpone.
If SteamGAF goes nuts for Ultra SFIV that might push me over the edge.

I have my eye on the new PS4/PS3 combo sticks from Madcatz coming later this year.

Something new to use on my PS4 as well as PC would be rad.

Man what the hell. I don't know why Bioshock keeps crashing on me. =(

What OS are you on?
I have been playing it on Windows 8.1 for 5 hours since yesterday and it has never crashed so far.
I made it to "Neptune's Bounty"and I am quite underwhelmed, the setting is jaw-dropping but the game is not much fun

Beelzebubs

Thanks. I wrote up that long rant, and then looked at it after and thought "no one is going to want to read that massive wall of nonsense." So it's good to hear that I'm not just yelling into the void here.

I hope I didn't give the impression that it's a bad thing to give away Bad Rats. That's part of the fun of doing mystery raffles is knowing that it's probably Bad Rats. And if you are avoiding it like the plague
(actually, rats and the plague, that's pretty fitting)
, you probably shouldn't enter mystery raffles.

I'm just saying that people who do so should also give away other games occasionally if they want to enter giver raffles (and I'm sure for the most part they do). I don't think we should police people who give Bad Rats, or get upset with them for potentially gaming the system, because in most cases people probably aren't doing that.

Hehe I only did a Bad Rats giveaway as people actually seem to want the game. Probably to fit in with the community, I've seen transparent Bad Rats giveaways go into 20+ people territory.

This giveaway though was an abject failure. Only 4 entries :( Was trying to make a point that even though people know it's not the best game, they still want it and to be part of the community. It's more of a welcome to the neighbourhood game.

That, and I'm too poor to do proper giveaways, I've done quite a few though.

wilflare

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/breakneck-bundle/
Vector (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Rush For Glory
Montas
Steel & Steam: Episode 1
Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Ionball 2: Ionstorm
Clockwork Tales: Of Glass & Ink (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Growing Pains

for $3.49

JaseC and Rhaknar should be happy, most of them are new/never been bundled before
- Vector
- Steam and Steam
- Ionball 2
- Clockwork Tales
- Growing Pains

In a perfect world RionnaM that would work but as I'm sure you can admit it's a fine balancing act and it's gotten way out of hand. Not just lately but over the past year. As I said the interchange you and Spring-Loaded offered two differing points of view on the Arkham games but didn't descend into a heated argument but a civilised discussion with both of you explaining why you like one over the other. That was an organic discussion that's very hard to sum up in an OP (well unless you get Lionel Mandrake on the case) and was worth reading in full. The problem is next to no one reads the OP. Many questions get asked in here that are already answered in the OP so unless that changes as well then even a summary in the OP isn't going to help matters.

And i was thankful that all of you posted those impressions as now i know to not set the bar too high for Arkham City. It also made me want to play it sooner just to get back in here and see which impression resonated with me the best.

I get the complaint about posts, but even now this thread is probably the most reactive thread I've been on here in gaf, and by that i mean that almost every time i ask something or post an impression it's almost certain that someone will reply. It really makes this community feel tighter that the other communities, such as the Xbone or PSN threads for example.

I dunno, i see your point but i don't think the thread has devolved as much as you might be making it out to be. Maybe im just having a better experience in here or something, i dunno.

Tizoc

Rush For Glory
Montas
Growing Pains

for $3.49

JaseC and Rhaknar should be happy, most of them are new/never been bundled before
- Vector
- Steam and Steam
- Ionball 2
- Clockwork Tales
- Growing Pains

HAH! good thing i held out on Steel and sword ep. 1 XD.

Jawmuncher

Rush For Glory
Montas
Growing Pains

for $3.49

- Vector
- Steam and Steam
- Ionball 2
- Clockwork Tales
- Growing Pains

Thought this was clock tower now I'm sad.

http://youtu.be/bkcbHORxY34

marrec

Banned
Looks like another hipster game (like sword&sworcery), so i pass.

You look like a hipster game.

Seriously though, I don't get why people limit themselves in their gaming just because it looks odd. Your choice obviously... but I have a feeling this game is going to piss you off with all the awards it gets later this year. :p

BadRamen

Man, all this OT all to the chat room business starting up again (seems to happen at night here in west America) makes ask the question: how does this apply to mobile users? And to me, since we are all about inputting opinions, that the problem still seems to be not that there is OT talk but rather there is OT talk that isn't preferred by some people so it seems like it is a bit problem. I don't recall seeing any people that had a problem with a page or two/three of robot .gifs/pictures yesterday! Heh. :)

And holy shit, I am playing Unearthed. It's... Okay! It is janky as all hell but damn if I can't feel some passion that was put into this! I do find the little blatant gaming references to be a charm.

iosefe

Here's a raffle for JUNIORS!
good luck, new comrades!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (iosefe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-9EDAABFFB38BA116 - Taken by Hugstable
Fractal -- MB-133A935FC1EC733A - Taken by danhese007
McPixel -- MB-546B773AD0BD449B - Taken by Ghazi
Waking Mars -- MB-6B883F90B62CCD92 - Taken by SSPssp. 3 entrants total.

t1406225561z1.png

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ummm ... sorry for asking, but how do I repost a giveaway? (so that I don't screw anything up and then have to cross stuff off the list manually)

Jawmuncher

You look like a hipster game.

Seriously though, I don't get why people limit themselves in their gaming just because it looks odd. Your choice obviously... but I have a feeling this game is going to piss you off with all the awards it gets later this year. :p

I'm just curious for how much more it has opened up. They better have planned for any outcome and not. " I didn't like what you did so game over with no closure".

For people who give away a lot of games, does it really bother you if someone doesn't play it right away?

I'm terrible at playing games I have many games that I bought full price new. I really wanted them. I intended to play them right away. Months later, I still haven't played them. I do that with give away games as well. I don't know what is wrong with me. I honestly don't know what I'm going to play. It doesn't mean I don't appreciate them or I have horrible backlog control. Its just the present me isn't very good at predicting what the future me if going to want to do.

Hugstable

Banned
Rush For Glory
Montas
Growing Pains

for $3.49

- Vector
- Steam and Steam
- Ionball 2
- Clockwork Tales
- Growing Pains

Vector, Steel and Steam (Seems like classic Phantasy Star?) and Montas all look pretty interesting. Good thing I got like 27 days or so to get the bundle haha.

Vuze

ummm ... sorry for asking, but how do I repost a giveaway? (so that I don't screw anything up and then have to cross stuff off the list manually)

You can just repost the ModBot quote, not sure if MB will edit all posts tho probably just the first.

Driw3r

Unconfirmed Member
Still available

Redshirt -- MB-3AD2A946720AA73C - Taken by Sub Zero
Legends of Dawn -- MB-0CC661C5333E88E1 - Taken by Lomax. 5 entrants total.

Jawmuncher

For people who give away a lot of games, does it really bother you if someone doesn't play it right away?

I'm terrible at playing games I have many games that I bought full price new. I really wanted them. I intended to play them right away. Months later, I still haven't played them. I do that with give away games as well. I don't know what is wrong with me. I honestly don't know what I'm going to play. It doesn't mean I don't appreciate them or I have horrible backlog control. Its just the present me isn't very good at predicting what the future me if going to want to do.

Bundle stuff not really.
But if its something you go out of the way to give or have a personal connection to then yeah. Can be a bit much when the person just redeems it and that's that. Even if they are making a intent to get to it.

Better than someone taking and trying to sell or trade games though.

Does anyone have Civ 5 Brave New World that they'd trade for keys/sell?
Nuveem is having a sale. Maybe it's not over yet. Am on ipad so it's tough posting link but the dlc was on sale, too.
I remember being 6€
Eh, I don't post impressions because I almost literally don't play games and my posts are brief because the vast majority of the time I'm answering questions like...
You know, I could become your ghostwriter for game impressions....
If you think you may have used it, you can try this.
I make no pretensions that I post Steam-related stuff exclusively, but I do try my best to weave OT content into a post that's otherwise on-topic.
JaseC really is a treasure trove of steam knowledge.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yeah, the first boss took me around 4 tries, the second only 2 (only NG here). The optional boss I only beat because I summoned some super awesome sunbros, they totally carried me, but they seemed happy to do it with a bunch of friendly gestures ;_; bless them
Yesss, 6 personal attemtps later and I made it through with both my summoned bros. They were damn good help.

Still available

Redshirt -- MB-3AD2A946720AA73C - Taken by Sub Zero
Legends of Dawn -- MB-0CC661C5333E88E1 - Taken by Lomax. 5 entrants total.

FYI Redshirts is better than what people give it credit it for. Think of it more like a high school life simulator than anything Trek related..

Volcynika

Depends on the game. When I did my Ys giveaways in the past, I had really wanted people that were at least gonna put a couple hours into them sooner rather than later enter to win. If it was cheap leftovers, I don't really mind.

Pupo

Today is my birthday, you know what that means? Time for a give away!

But not just any give away. It's time for another twist. From the one who brought you the Broken Bad give away may I present:

vQJNRFA.png

The games are:
Witcher 3
Divinity: Original Sin
Bioshock Infinite
Dead Rising 3
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Bad Rats

Choose wisely for I have another twist. I have an avatar for the "Winner" of Bad Rats to wear proudly for one week. GLHF!
(If you already have the game you win feel free to regive it yourself or PM and I'll do another giveaway)

lol, happy birthday bro

Tenrius

How's performance in Wolfenstein? Would it run well on a somewhat weaker system? I'm not talking integrated graphics, of course.

Lain

Rush For Glory
Montas
Growing Pains

for $3.49

- Vector
- Steam and Steam
- Ionball 2
- Clockwork Tales
- Growing Pains

Nice bundle. I don't have 5 of those games and 1 of them (Vector) is also on my wishlist. I'll grab it next month (the length is one of the nice part of bundlestars).

Jawmuncher

FYI Redshirts is better than what people give it credit it for. Think of it more like a high school life simulator than anything Trek related..

Why does this make me more interested now.

Yesss, 6 personal attemtps later and I made it through with both my summoned bros. They were damn good help.

Beating any boss in DS with summons is always a great feeling. Even when I had to play offline the feel of online Summons made the encounters so much more fun.

derExperte

I highly doubt anyone is gonna buy the cards for those prices now that it's a bundle game haha.

I haven't looked but sometimes someone has placed a rather high buy order which you then can take advantage of in cases like this. Gotta be fast, word spreads fast.

Jawmuncher

How's performance in Wolfenstein? Would it run well on a somewhat weaker system? I'm not talking integrated graphics, of course.

Game is a tad picky with its performance due to the id tech in it. You could probably still run it on low with 30fps though.

Good Luck.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Mass_Pincup:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mass_Pincup, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-4EE7409D06C5ABDC
Psychonauts -- MB-880A672FBEA85596 - Taken by PossumMeat. 4 entrants total.
BioShock -- MB-31243D25FAF0F4B2
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified -- MB-9CBE8F5F3B86E6AF - Taken by bronson. 4 entrants total.
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-E84CF37E3A09A0F9 - Taken by tylergregg. 4 entrants total.
Borderlands 2 GOTY Edition -- MB-73B6274AC48A95C3 - Taken by Gunstarheroes. 26 entrants total.

t1406226162z1.png

pahamrick

Why does this make me more interested now.

It's really, really good. I picked it up when it was in a bundle awhile back, and put quite a few hours into it. That said, I'd say its more of a daily life sim than a highschool sim, since you also need to budget the social and work aspects while working through the story.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

<snip>

for $3.49

- Vector
- Steam and Steam
- Ionball 2
- Clockwork Tales
- Growing Pains

Sadly I only need Ionball 2... but since $3.49 is essentially half off, I'll buy the bundle on pay day.

Hahaha oh come on you know I consider you tech support at Valve in all but name. But lets not get away from the fact that when you do play a game you do actually post about it. How else would we have seen poor Edward Kenway falling from the sky in ACIV if you didn't post about it?

You have a point there. ;)

But as your second point shows that's a workable scenario but blimmey o'riely has there been a lot of posts pre and post sale that have contained nothing but OT remarks of gifs, gifs everywhere that get quoted nigh on to the hills. Makes it funny when people were moaning about the Suarez gif spam that wasn't that intrusive.

Haha, yeah, derExperte said something similar the other day, too.

Deitus

Hehe I only did a Bad Rats giveaway as people actually seem to want the game. Probably to fit in with the community, I've seen transparent Bad Rats giveaways go into 20+ people territory.

This giveaway though was an abject failure. Only 4 entries :( Was trying to make a point that even though people know it's not the best game, they still want it and to be part of the community. It's more of a welcome to the neighbourhood game.

That, and I'm too poor to do proper giveaways, I've done quite a few though.

Fair enough. I certainly wouldn't question your motives.

It was more of a general "gag gifts are different from normal gifts". Both have their merit, and no one should be made to feel bad about giving a gag gift. I just thought it was worth pointing out that it is a different sort of gift that has different connotations associated with it that should be considered when entering some of the more restrictive giveaways.

I haven't really given away a lot, but I can see how it would be disappointing to give away something and the person doesn't get around to playing it for a long time.

But we all have backlogs (I assume, since this is the Steam thread). So anyone who gives away a game here probably understands that sometimes you really want to play a game, but you don't get to it right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom