• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict

Some modest games.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Benedict:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
Pressured (Desura) -- MB-E7643165D077EB70
The Culling of the Cows -- MB-C5341F4792A672F8
God Mode -- MB-0E12C694B84E85B8
ulgzbKC.png
Ice Cream Surfer (Desura) -- MB-9C569023FAD626E8 - Taken by Jason Frost
El Matador -- MB-39647697C13E0D01

t1405893731z1.png

So, does ModBot has some kind of problem at the moment or did no one care enough to enter? :p

ModBot said:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Black Soma, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Journey of a Roach -- MB-3B2EAA5B0579808A - Taken by nbnt. 2 entrants total.

t1405882870z1.png

Well good thing I only spent bundle money on Blood Knights.

For whatever reason the frame-rate just tanks when I attempt to play that game. We're talking +/-15 fps. Uninstalled.

Eh well, was pretty damn mediocre anyway.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I just finished School Days and have found the true meaning of life.

I hope you got the Two Lovers ending. Best endi-

The anime. Everyone should experience it. It will complete your life.

No thanks. I feel I can't get any more complete after finishing the anime.

Oh.

Higurashi_002.png

Turns out Higurashi for Steam release WILL be getting new art, and feature new effects and such as the game is being made in Unity to port it out to multiple platforms.

First Chapter of the visual novel will release on Steam later this year, you can also buy the original game with the updated translation from their website, and people who bought the original game from their website will get the new translation and updated version at no cost at all.

It's good to have confirmation that it's coming this year. Didn't expect it to be made in unity though.

Only if she actively tucked her blouse under them..it just looks weird.

Welcome to anime art :p

Awww, but didn't you think the original artwork was kawaii?

1395947410696.jpg

Certainly helped the horror tone of the game, in its own ways.

Those hands are truly the stuff of nightmares.

This is probably the best response to the whole thread so far :p

That's so fucking stupid. $100 could buy so many bundles. So, so many bundles.

Skyrim DLC 50% off

Who didn't see this coming? Wonder if it'll go for 66% off when the next TES game comes out.

Or join me in my on-the-edge seat wait for Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu-Ray coming out in 9 days.

1_tp_bd_cover.jpg

It's so close, I'm so excited!

I sort of wish I had a bluray player, just for this. Twin Peaks is so good, the idea of the cut footage potentially providing more closure to the series would be great.

Millennium2 steam keys now up for the Indie Royale Debut 7.

I really hope the GMG version that was promised a Steam key finally has a steam key when I check it later. ffs

Wow people actually took Desura keys. Well, at least I might finally be able to get rid of those with the garbage day ModBot rule.

Jawmuncher

We are not in the same situation (PC market) in which MGS2 was relesed. A PC release costs Konami nothing, and will easily grant millions of copy sold. So yes, MGS5 will be on PC.

I believe it'll happen. All their recent big titles have hit the platform. Unless I'm missing one aside from Ground Zeroes.

Konami is all bout those Konami sports club gyms now.

Too bad they can't make a metal gear themed gym. Would be the best thing ever.

Upgrading Lasagna was a huge mistake. Just had the worst day in my short CSD career.

Did you get the vegetarian upgrade?
Is that that tough to master?
Fake edit: now I recall there's another upgrade that introduces another recipe that is quite harder.

In fact Lasagne are quite complicated to cook, and more in general maybe the hardest difficulty I have found so far playing the game is having to know by heart all the keys for each ingredient.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey zkylon, have you seen Enemy? I watched it a couple of hours ago and think you'd enjoy it, especially the ending!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any rumblings of how much Halfway will be? I assume $15, although am hoping for $10, and fearing $20

I don't get the hate for soup, it's not so bad once you get all the shortcuts in your muscle memory, none of the recipes take long to prepare, and the list of ingredients are not difficult to parse like lasagne's. I hate the kebab and wine tho, they're horrible for rush hours.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hey zkylon, have you seen Enemy? I watched it a couple of hours ago and think you'd enjoy it, especially the ending!
nope i haven't but now i might

first time i hear about it since i don't really keep up with recent movies (stupid film class ended :<), but i'm interested on why you think i'd specially enjoy it

i really like when people think movies specially for me <3

Shadownet

Banned
Well I'm off to the doctor now for a full check-up. If I don't get back within 2 hours. Its probably because this guy was my doctor.

2299409-harris-as-dr-horrible.jpg

My lawyer, will send an unfortunate gafer the login info to my steam account. All 95 games you probably already have.

JaseC

no € price? sounds good tho, day 1 for me. any word on Darkwood price while im at it?

The EUR price will probably be the same as the USD one. As for Darkwood, I'd guess $15 -- $10 is mentioned as a "low price" on the game's Indiegogo page while the $20 tier description makes no mention of special pricing at all.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The EUR price will probably be the same as the USD one. As for Darkwood, I'd guess $15 -- $10 is mentioned as a "low price" on the game's Indiegogo page while the $20 tier description makes no mention of special pricing at all.

2532199-1321628363395.gif

maneil99

Well I'm off to the doctor now for a full check-up. If I don't get back within 2 hours. Its probably because this guy was my doctor.

My lawyer, will send an unfortunate gafer the login info to my steam account. All 95 games you probably already have.

And Destiny?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Of course keys aren't up for Millennium 2 on GMG still.

no € price? sounds good tho, day 1 for me. any word on Darkwood price while im at it?

No Euro price yet, at least not via the game's blog that I've been browsing for a while. Some good stuff on that blog.

iosefe

sounds horrible

dani_dc

Higurashi_002.png

Turns out Higurashi for Steam release WILL be getting new art, and feature new effects and such as the game is being made in Unity to port it out to multiple platforms.

First Chapter of the visual novel will release on Steam later this year, you can also buy the original game with the updated translation from their website, and people who bought the original game from their website will get the new translation and updated version at no cost at all.

That's good news, I wonder if they'll give any keys to those that got it via groupees bundle awhile ago, was a bit confused regarding that.

pKSlqny.png

When we are playing: Estimate Time
t1405902600z4.png

Information said:
What is this?:
NeoGAF Games Night is a designated time where gaffers can play games together. This is a casual enviornment, players from all skill levels are welcome! Join the NeoGAF Games Night group to receive a notification through steam when an event has been scheduled and when it starts. PM anyone in the group for an invite.

What we are playing:
We are playing public matches through the casual matchmaking system. Due to the limitations of the party system there are only 10 spots available in the party. After the party is full, we will be placed in a public server where anyone can join the game.

How to join us:
Add me as a friend on steam and in the main menu of CS:GO look for my name on friend list sidebar and join my game. If you cannot find it or the game is full, PM me and I will invite you when there is room.
Come join us and have fun!

FtHTiny

Did you get the vegetarian upgrade?
Is that that tough to master?
Fake edit: now I recall there's another upgrade that introduces another recipe that is quite harder.

Na it introduced meat into it. I trained only 3 times and got only the new recipe. On the day they wanted the old one as well...
Plus the first robbery happened during rush hour and i completely threw the whole rush hour.
Should have prepared myself more i guess.

_hekk05

Banned
Hikikomori woot woot! We're gonna take over the world soon... from our rooms.

Added exception for www.pomf.se in URL tab and for webm in MIME tab (MIME = file type right?).
And also script exception for www.pomf.se. Still no data received in chrome.
Dammit, disabling avast always sucks and whitelisting should be easier.

I added http://a.pomf.se/* on active protection web shield urls to exclude, as well as antivirus exclusions url.

JaseC

nope i haven't but now i might

first time i hear about it since i don't really keep up with recent movies (stupid film class ended :<), but i'm interested on why you think i'd specially enjoy it

i really like when people think movies specially for me <3

The doppelganger component is expertly handled by Gyllenhaal and the narrative that circumscribes it comes together well for what could have easily been an incomprehensible mess in less capable hands. My recommendation totally has nothing to do with spiders...

saoirselollypop1tsjq.gif

Tellaerin

C'mon, man. You know Dr. Dogg will take good care of you. He was just having a bad day when they took that picture.

zkylon

zkylewd
The doppelganger component is expertly handled by Gyllenhaal and the narrative that circumscribes it comes together well for what could have easily been an incomprehensible mess in less capable hands. My recommendation totally has nothing to do with spiders...

saoirselollypop1tsjq.gif

huh wtf are you doing to me

Elija2

Soup is literally the bane of all CSD players.

I actually don't mind making soup. It's very active but still not too overwhelming. Then again I'm still at the beginning of the game so it probably gets harder later on.

Higurashi_002.png

I was interested in Higurashi a while ago but the artwork turned me off. It looked so amateurish. That new artwork looks much better so I might give it a try when it comes to Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom