• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

I didn't see that and no one pm about it... I still didn't active anything yet even from humblebundle ... they are still in my mail this is the sec time someone keep saying this to me... I should keep up with the activation of my game cuz ppl keep thing I sell them, which isn't true

If true then that's of course better than trading games away but still pretty uncool. No one will complain if you don't play those games (probably) but at least put them in your account asap as we've had some confirmed abusers in the past who behaved similarily.

ouch I think I need to take with mod to clear thing up..... can someone point me to someone

Problem is that after the last time some (many?) already put you on their personal blacklists after you didn't respond and we can't remove anyone from there ourselves.

BadRamen

Probably beta since i downloaded lots of stuff last night and didn't get any notification.

In the normal client or the beta?

Just tested it and looks to be Beta-only at the moment.

I judge the fact that a download finished by the fact that my Steam seizes up and turns completely blank for a few seconds as it does god knows what ;)

Glad to hear I am not the only one! It isn't even a bug, it is a feature.

Tellaerin

ouch I think I need to take with mod to clear thing up..... can someone point me to someone

Dude, the issue here is that you've been winning games but not claiming them, which has led to people wondering what the hell you're doing with them all. Are you planning to sell them? Trade them? Why are they sitting in your inventory collecting dust? I can't blame them for thinking it looks kind of shady. When people have asked about these things, you haven't answered. My suggestion is that instead of contacting a mod, you just answer the questions people have been asking you.

1Kona1

Banned
Origins had the more cohesive story, but I do think City had the cooler moments. Asylum is still the best one.

Idem,
i loved the joker's death
at the end of City.
I'm playing Origins right now and the only thing that keeps bothering me is the fact that batman met almost every major villains in one night.

derExperte

Dude, the issue here is that you've been winning games but not claiming them, which has led to people wondering what the hell you're doing with them all. Are you planning to sell them? Trade them? Why are they sitting in your inventory collecting dust? I can't blame them for thinking it looks kind of shady. When people have asked about these things, you haven't answered. My suggestion is that instead of contacting a mod, you just answer the questions people have been asking you.

To be fair he now has activated a lot of the won games so he definitely didn't trade them away. That's good but kinda too little, too late. Best course of action would be to just live with the fact of being blocked from some giveaways. Live and learn and stuff.

zeroOman

If true then that's of course better than trading games away but still pretty uncool. No one will complain if you don't play those games (probably) but at least put them in your account asap as we've had some confirmed abusers in the past who behaved similarily.

Problem is that after the last time some (many?) already put you on their personal blacklists after you didn't respond and we can't remove anyone from there ourselves.

I am very sorry really sorry but i didn't think it will became something this big... I should be more careful i know ppl get mad and they should that why I am very sorry

derExperte i will...

Cheddahz

Banned
I am very sorry really sorry but i didn't think it will became something this big... I should be more careful i know ppl get mad and they should that why I am very sorry
With each giveaway, it even mentions that you do not sell the prize or whatever, so yeah

Elija2

Riptide is a sequel but if you're just going to play one play that. They're indeed fun with friends though. Just a point I didn't like BL but I loved my time with DI. The melee focus I really enjoyed.

Have you played both of them? Because I read around and it sounds like Riptide doesn't add that much stuff and is in some ways inferior to the first one. For example, the resort was supposedly the best area in the first game and it's not in the second game.

derExperte

Have you played both of them? Because I read around and it sounds like Riptide doesn't add that much stuff and is in some ways inferior to the first one. For example, the resort was supposedly the best area in the first game and it's not in the second game.

Yep, the first few hours in Dead Island are the best part of the two games imo. Gets worse when you reach the city, run through sewers etc and Riptide is more like that.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
If you end up liking Blood Money as much as I do, you'll give up on Absolution after about the third level.

IO is very hit and miss, where they make some of the best games of their generations, 2 and Blood Money, and then something like Absolution, and then a million miles further down the list there's Kane and Lynch.
To be quite honest, K&L wasn't that bad. Yes, it's incredibly flawed, almost in every way imaginable, and it isn't anything more than mediocre, but I wouldn't say it's abysmal.

If anyone wants to read some of my impressions on that game, here they are:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=80653769&postcount=15463
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=85041569&postcount=11734

i mean, even if he's being truthful about not activating those games...why the heck is he entering all of these modbot giveaways and not even bothering to activate them? he just won CSD, why enter that if he wasn't going to activate it and play it? weird.

Jawmuncher

I only played the first. Which I can highly recommend. Just said the second because of the new class. Which my friends liked as well as the rest of the game. Though I was unavailable when they played through it. But they have similar tastes to mine most of the time so I was taking their word on it.

derExperte

New Tropico DLC: Tropico 5 - The Big Cheese

It’s all about cheese in El Presidente’s latest venture. Create and promote an artisan cheese brand by introducing a new production chain with the Creamery: a new building that enables you to make the most of Tropico’s local goats and llamas. Face international competition in an epic quest to create the best cheese in the world and put on the chef’s hat! This add-on includes an all-new sandbox map and task, a standalone scenario, building, avatar accessory and music track!

New standalone scenario: “The Big Cheese” - Create and promote an artisan cheese brand
New building: The Creamery – Produces cheese from milk
New dynasty avatar accessory: The Chef’s Hat
New sandbox map: Arco Iris Beneditas
New music track

73V3N

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (73V3N, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Just Cause 1 -- MB-89294B7994641C12 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 4 entrants total.

t1406234503z1.png

message me if it doesn't work

StAidan

Regarding the community blacklist in general, I wouldn't mind if the application of it became a default Modbot rule, like the recent switch to default PMTHANKS. We should still be able to opt out of it if we want, I guess. But I don't know why any giveaway should default to allowing those folks, at least.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Tuned in. Thanks for doing it.

got to cut it short, need to take a shower and shit before work. Also i need to find my mic. Some more insteresting tidbits, seems you can make guns early on, monsters dont seem to drop aggro (those fucking monkeys), and I forgot to hand in a quest early on and now the npc isnt available (at least for now), I hate that >_>

also you better be able to be able to make some sort of transport early on because as you can see that map is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge

edit: I gotta say, it has that mmo "just walk around doing shit to pass time" feel to it which is more than I got from most of the other world build games. I guess having quests help, even if they are fetch quests

For all the masochists out there! This is just the DLC, so if you don't have the base game please don't enter.

ModBot said:
Instructions for ItsGeeMcGee:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ItsGeeMcGee, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King -- MB-1D64204E49B029EF - Taken by NG28. 42 entrants total.

t1406244526z1.png

Speevy

Banned
i mean, even if he's being truthful about not activating those games...why the heck is he entering all of these modbot giveaways and not even bothering to activate them? he just won CSD, why enter that if he wasn't going to activate it and play it? weird.

The rules are present in every modbot giveaway, and even if English isn't your first language, common courtesy is universal.

To be quite honest, K&L wasn't that bad. Yes, it's incredibly flawed, almost in every way imaginable, and it isn't anything more than mediocre, but I wouldn't say it's abysmal.

I'll say a game's ok (mediocre) if it has at least one good area. Like you say, everything is flawed, and it appeared they went backwards in quality with Kane and Lynch 2.

If ever a game needed a reboot, it's not Tomb Raider or Mirror's Edge or stuff that the big companies think need one, it's stuff like Kane and Lynch. They could make an interesting crime drama, but I spit on their attempts.

Also, current total is $1.30 in my steam wallet from selling CS:GO crates and colors. It feels really good.

Elija2

I only played the first. Which I can highly recommend. Just said the second because of the new class. Which my friends liked as well as the rest of the game. Though I was unavailable when they played through it. But they have similar tastes to mine most of the time so I was taking their word on it.

Thanks. I'll probably just play it safe and get the first one. Although I just noticed I can get both for $7.50. Hmm...

The rules are present in every modbot giveaway, and even if English isn't your first language, common courtesy is universal.

Yea I am just getting back from work and reading over the last several pages and seeing all of the unpleasantness about giveaway abuse is a little depressing considering this thread is normally so upbeat and generous.

Anyway, guess we all just need to start using blacklists which is sad but is starting to seem necessary.

chronomac

AA is Metroid-like on the surface and seems like a Metroid/metroidvania game the first time through, but is completely linear, even with receiving upgrades; there are only so many enemies in the game, none respawn and there's little side content that grants XP, so XP is essentially scripted too. You always only have one path that leads anywhere at any one time. I understand people might prefer a Metroid/Dark Souls-like overworld structure to their games, but AA doesn't really do that well enough to differentiate it from AC. In retrospect, AA is just a more linear and restrictive AC with fewer combat/stealth/traversal options. The shift away from AA's overworld to a more open hub-world (neither are "open world" in the same vein as GTA or Just Cause) isn't a huge loss. Going straight from one story mission to the next provides a similar gameplay experience, and there's still elements of progression and unlocking new areas with new gadgets/abilities.

You're totally right about the linearity of Asylum. It's only a Metroid game in that it keeps the exploration limited, and things are inaccessible until you get a certain gadget. Some of the Metroid games have felt fairly linear at times too, though, and I don't necessarily think it's a detriment to those games or to Asylum. I'm only halfway through City so I still have a few more hours left ahead of me and things could certain take a turn for the better. It's not a bad game by any stretch; I've just found that the biggest addition to City (the "open" world) is just fine. Nothing extraordinary.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Majestic Nights looks like it'll be interesting.

It's definitely a game I'll be watching out for after reading its description. I guess I'm a sucker for conspiracy based games and the potentially Hotline Miami art style.

header_292x136.jpg

So after all I really like the idea and I'm a big adventure fan in general, but this game just isn't for me. But I hope I got your interest and maybe you give the game a chance and may be enjoying it ;)

Thanks for the impressions. It's definitely a game I'm interested in, and I really want to check it out at some point before the end of the year. The ancient Indian setting is something that hasn't really been explored that much in games, even if it is a fantasy version of it, so it's interesting to see how it's handled.

I can see why some people might be annoyed by an abundance of off topic chat, but I feel like the really troublesome bits seem pretty well behind us. To be honest, I think there are probably more posts complaining about OT posts nowadays than actual OT posts.

This basically sums up the last few nights of the thread.

Looks like another hipster game (like sword&sworcery), so i pass.

I don't know how to respond to this other than lol

Wow can't believe it's releasing today, it looks like I played the ludum dare version past month. Devolver Digital is doing a good job in picking their published games.

Devolved Digital is becoming one of my favorite publishers on Steam mainly because a lot of the games they put out are really good. We likely wouldn't get Hatoful Boyfriend on Steam as fast as we're getting it without them, for example.

I keep looking at that Steam controller and just can't warm up to it.

How am I supposed to pull Shoryukens on that thing?

I just can't get behind the trackpads. Maybe I'll like them once I actually use the controller, but for now I just can't into those trackpads.

I can't see myself using anything other than m&kb to play something like Civ. The Steam controller was supposed to change that, but it hasn't yet.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/breakneck-bundle/
Vector (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Rush For Glory
Montas
Steel & Steam: Episode 1
Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Ionball 2: Ionstorm
Clockwork Tales: Of Glass & Ink (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Growing Pains

for $3.49

Damn my lust for RPG Maker games.

Thought this was clock tower now I'm sad.

http://youtu.be/bkcbHORxY34

Now that's something that I would love to have on Steam.

Do you like hidden objects games? This has a bit more going on like using an item at the right place and other logic puzzles but overall it's mostly that. If yes and you want something to spend maybe three hours in without getting challenged all too much buy it. Artifex Mundi's games also look relatively nice, I'd say they're among the best in that genre.

It's been a while since I've played a true hidden object game, think I'll hold onto it and actually play it in the future instead of giving it away.

As a person who has been in every Steam thread since the beginning, I can say that the current state of the thread is categorically worse than what usually happens after a major sales event. However, we all have to shoulder the blame on this one a little bit as there is actually very little behavior you can call out a newer poster for that hasn't, in some way, been done by a veteran poster before

Anyone that hasn't seen the full version of this post yet should probably go read the full post.

there will suddenly be a tsunami of posts absolutely no one will read

I mean I do read them, but I often don't retain what's in them after reading them :p

The sad part is that I feel that way about valid posts now. I typed up like 7 paragraphs of thoughts about Betrayer yesterday, but deleted them as I just felt like they'd be drowned inbetween 80 posts about waifus and pancakes and no one would care. Not that I would expect anyone to care about my impressions of an unpopular game regardless, but still, that's just wrong.

But people read those opinions, even of they don't respond to them. I feel like some people don't understand the second part of that. If you've got opinions on a game and don't post them, the complaining will just increase.

At least you posted them later :p

Also, those negative Godd Will Be Watching impressions :/

Still going to play it later though, I've been looking forward to it

rtcn63

If you're worried people will be confused, you can just edit your post to use this image instead of the one ModBot provided:

header_292x136.jpg

I'm having flashblacks- a Captain with no name (other than the one he stole, and even then it's vague as to his history, his intentions) formed as puffs of blue-grey smoke rising ten-feet tall. An army of the dead, barnacle-ridden flesh rotting and festering with diseases found in various wounds and worlds but never together, not like this. And a damsel chained to those dead, a man with one arm in want to save her because she just looks out of place.

I really should start reading shit other than the news again.

jblank83

Has anyone played Detective Case and Clown Bot in Murder in the Hotel Lisbon?

It looks promising but I don't want to drop $10 on it sight unseen.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Speevy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Paragon -- MB-9C06F193F777CC75 - Taken by saunderez. 32 entrants total.

t1406238282z1.png

Turfster

Has anyone played Detective Case and Clown Bot in Murder in the Hotel Lisbon?

It looks promising but I don't want to drop $10 on it sight unseen.

It's gaffer made, and most of the feedback I've heard has been good.
I'll let one of the lucky winners/people that have actually bought it respons further =p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I believe Stump said that the NOLURKERS rule hasn't been implemented in other threads yet.

It's implemented in other threads, but only if you use the THREADURL rule, and it's only implemented as 5 posts in that thread, so there's no grandfather clause. As per FAQ:

NOLURKERS
This makes it so that a user has to have posted in the Steam thread* 5 or more times before they become eligible
* There is a grace period: users who posted 5 or more posts in the LAST Steam thread also count.
NOTE: For giveaways done outside the Steam thread, this rule requires 5 or more posts in the thread the game was given away in.​

ev0

Not sure how many in SteamGAF play this but..

Also this is a key from GameOrge.com PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THIS IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY REDEEMED THIS PROMO FROM GAMEOGRE.COM. IT WILL NOT WORK THANKS

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858466.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ev0, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg

Marvel Heroes 2015 Random Hero Box (www.gameogre.com) -- MB-85FAA01685CE4298 - Taken by RuneWalsh. 19 entrants total.

t1406245364z1.png

DasFool

Any impressions on Gods Will be Watching? Yay/nay/wait for a sale?

Game looks rather interesting but I don't know if I should save up for Transistor or bite on this.

Asylum >> City > Origins
If you're burned out, you can skip Origins. It's not part of the 'official' trilogy, but on its own it's worthwhile to play imo.

City was my favourite of the three. Although, Origins and Asylum are still great games. That reminds me, I still have to play the Cold Cold Heart DLC. I've bought it, but it's on the backlog.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

I would've sent numerous and detailed pm's to Bish, just to be on the safe side, if I -- god forbid -- were to find myself in a tricky situation like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom