• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

bronson

Not sure how many in SteamGAF play this but..

Also this is a key from GameOrge.com PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THIS IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY REDEEMED THIS PROMO FROM GAMEOGRE.COM. IT WILL NOT WORK
Oh hell yes. I just got back into this game but missed the giveaway.

Huge post about lack of game write ups.

I actually agree with some of this. I've been clearing some of my backlog and may share some of my impressions of those games that were kind enough to be not only short but easy to 100% without crazy collect-a-thons.

In fact, do we have a PC gaming impressions/small write ups thread? It would be very neat, although opinions may vary a lot on diverse genres and games: I may love a shmup but someone else may shudder in horror and pain at the mere sight of a side-scrolling Gradius-like game.

With all the visibility talks about Steam I'm finding I read these write ups quite a bit to see what to pick up next on my EXTREMELY limited play time. (Which has been devoted to DS2 Crown of the Sunken King DLC so far, haven't even beat a single boss yet due to lack of time ...)

Also, wish FROM could step it up and port an Armored Core title to PC. I'm on the Project Nimbus beta but it's not quite the same. FROM, pls.

edit:

Hell, I'll make a write up of Oknytt (the last game I cleared) if we have a space dedicated to these. (And even if I don't write it, go check Oknytt, it's a damn fine game.)

But people read those opinions, even of they don't respond to them. I feel like some people don't understand the second part of that. If you've got opinions on a game and don't post them, the complaining will just increase.

I always try to post impressions of games I've won, even if they're old, or point-and-click games that nobody here would ever buy. I often wonder if people read them because a couple of days later I'll see someone asking about a game I posted an impression of, and I'm thinking, "Should I just repost it...?"

I always try to post impressions of games I've won, even if they're old, or point-and-click games that nobody here would ever buy. I often wonder if people read them because a couple of days later I'll see someone asking about a game I posted an impression of, and I'm thinking, "Should I just repost it...?"

I don't think that would hurt...this thread now moves fast enough that something you posted a couple days ago is 40 pages back, and may have been missed.

Shadownet

Banned

I read pretty much all the impressions/reviews. Its just this thread move really fast. This is why some people think putting it in a Wiki would help so people can look at it later if they miss it.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
X05 is back yay

oh wait its just Pork :/

Senpai pls

The main problem is that not everyone has the same amount of time to read through all of the thread. It's one of the reasons that I think having a wiki like Knurek suggested might be a good idea.

Feel free to repost impressions or reviews of games if someone asks for them, maybe put them in a

ev0

Oh hell yes. I just got back into this game but missed the giveaway.

I also posted this in the Marvel Heroes OT, I tried to do NOLURKERS for both using THREAD but it didn't seem to register. So I HOPE this giveaway still works properly. If not I'll do it over

Sky Chief

I think most of my posts in STEAM threads are asking for impressions of games that have gone on sale or I have stumbled across. I would find this to be valuable information.

Shade

Leftovers. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Crazy Machines -- MB-01B7969E0539D80A - Taken by dinopoke. 1 entrants total.
Crazy Machines 1.5 -- MB-B02D8EE0A77146CC - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
Crazy Machines 2 -- MB-10E70602EB711EE2 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 3 entrants total.
Crazy Machines 2 Back to the Shop DLC -- MB-65A057C39C6E67AF
Crazy Machines 2 Time Travel DLC -- MB-1B376E964AA89404 - Taken by ModBot
Crazy Machines 2 Happy New Year DLC -- MB-2AE2D0C8005687B2
Crazy Machines 2 Liquid Force DLC -- MB-07E1E6A0902115C2
Crazy Machines 2 Invaders from Space DLC -- MB-1D9E666D0A7B7D02 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 1 entrants total.
Crazy Machines 2 Halloween DLC -- MB-DAE4E142F063F1A1 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN

t1406236424z1.png

Slowly but surely I'm making my way to completing Shovel Knight, this game is so great. Not sure if it replaces South Park yet for me GOTY, perhaps if I was better at it it would (which says a lot that the thing holding it back is my own ineptitude).

Hugstable

Banned
Senpai pls

The main problem is that not everyone has the same amount of time to read through all of the thread. It's one of the reasons that I think having a wiki like Knurek suggested might be a good idea.

Feel free to repost impressions or reviews of games if someone asks for them, maybe put them in a box.

What I did for when someone asked about Valiant Hearts after I did my original impressions was since I posted my review to Steam I could just link them back there to check out my review. Impressions are always great and have led me to get many games I otherwise wouldn't have thought of buying. I really liked the wiki compilation idea also in that we have all our impressions posted here as usual and we keep them all in the wiki for reference as well for those intersted in the game and asking for impressions.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man I like Halfway, fuck the haters :(

also only 2 left

Legends of Persia -- MB-7CDACDF4E15039A2 - Taken by Mass_Pincup. 6 entrants total.
Rush for Glory -- MB-9AB58A2CBAC2A99D - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Kiru

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Some bundled games to give away.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Growing Pains -- MB-E9F700D4F2324EF1 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by WinterDemons
Rush For Glory -- MB-69824A2138B0D282 - Taken by Double
Mechanic Escape -- MB-8DE6A6D5554624C2 - Taken by Teppic
Ethan: Meteor Hunter -- MB-E70DC9F18D10110D - Taken by Leg-End. 3 entrants total.
Montas -- MB-1057414DB91E7EAD - Taken by Saty
Ionball 2: Ionstorm -- MB-491C3C289CC743FB - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 1 entrants total.

t1406236964z1.png

From also have the Otogi and King 's Field: Ancient City that would find success on PC, particularly the latter.

Oh, man, yeah Otogi and King's Field. While we are at it, heard a lot of good things about Metal Wolf Chaos. Anything that has mechs is welcomed on PC for me! What I would've done to see an Amored Core V with the operator position being mouse controlled like a strategy game... Anyway, getting off topic here.

Reading some posts after mine really give away that maybe there should be an impressions thread? Is that possible? Can we have some sort of "GAF PC gaming impressions, beat the backlog or die trying" thread? (Just so maybe it's not only stuff on Steam, although we all know it's gonna be 99% Steam.)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It has haters? What are they hating?

i just like saying haters :p

but some peeps dont like the simple tactics or lack of enemies. they arent wrong on either, but Im really liking it anyway :/

Ventara

Oh man, so Gods Will Be Watching isn't that good? I mean, I'm sure they're good, but I was hoping for day-1-good. So disappointing, especially after Halfway and Unrest turned out to be nothing special.

Btw, guys, am I on the giveaway block list? Please don't block me *puppy eyes*.
I still need to win Divinity j/k. But seriously, I want that game.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Btw, guys, am I on the giveaway block list? Please don't block me *puppy eyes*.
I still need to win Divinity j/k. But seriously, I want that game.

ModBot's FAQ helpfully answers this question:
Am I blocked? Can you tell me if I'm blocked? Am I on the permanent block list? Did someone block me from their giveaway? Is the reason why I'm not winning because I'm blocked?
So, first off--blocking is a private action and no one is going to reveal the block list of a particular giveaway or the community blocklist. But second, most of the people who ask this are like junior members with 35 posts who have entered for 4 games and won one. There is not an elaborate conspiracy of hateful jerks gifting hundreds of games out of the goodness of their heart but blocking anyone who has ever entered or won any of them. No one is keeping notes on you. This is a community thing. If you didn't go out of your way to do stuff to get blocked, you're not going to be blocked. The people who get blocked are by and large people who have won hundreds of games, people who have resold games they won, people who give away fake games, people who brag about exploiting the system, people who whine in-thread constantly about how they don't win enough. Blocking is rare, block lists are small. Also, the car that just drove by your house is not someone stalking you, it's just someone driving. If you see them a lot, it's probably because they live in your neighborhood or they're visiting. Gang stalking isn't real.​

Hanzou

Man I really sick at adventure games. I am playing through Blackwell legacy and get stuck all the time. I am terrible at making con extols between all the clues the game gives you. Plus point and click adventure games always felt like the hints are clues are sometimes out of left field.

KarmaCow

So Overkill is going to make the Free Hoxton DLC if they get enough people in the Steam group by Oct 13 along with a bunch of other goals. It's only ~170k away so they had to know it most likely will happen. That at least puts a time frame on the other two heists before the Free Hoxton one.

The other rewards are meh, like FBI files on the characters or a mask but they are all free so I can't really complain. I am kinda annoyed that the different times of day for heists is so far down the list though. It's not dynamic and already happens with at least one map off the top of my head, it feels like something that should already be in the game.

Do you need to own the game to join the official group? I wonder if people will try to boost the numbers with new accounts.

Also, the car that just drove by your house is not someone stalking you, it's just someone driving. If you see them a lot, it's probably because they live in your neighborhood or they're visiting. Gang stalking isn't real.

Wat.

Hugstable

Banned
So what do you guys think the the overall best powers to invest in for Dishonored? I got points in Animal Control and the vitality and health Regen so far, as well as Rat Swarm.

Toki767

So what do you guys think the the overall best powers to invest in for Dishonored? I got points in Animal Control and the vitality and health Regen so far, as well as Rat Swarm.

Depends on if you want to go full stealth or kill everyone in sight.

Blink is super useful. As is the power that disintegrates any enemies you kill.

Autofokus

i just like saying haters :p

but some peeps dont like the simple tactics or lack of enemies. they arent wrong on either, but Im really liking it anyway :/
This.
I like it nevertheless too, I'm in the mission where I should get my 4th team member. Unrest and Gods are the only reason why I took a break, but will probably burn through it over the weekend.

Speevy

Banned
thx for the info...
what if ppl think he sell the game or trade them... but he isn't

Then you should do the only thing which you're entitled to do, which is to activate the game on your account. That's it. That's your only option aside from giving it back to the giver.

qazqaNii

Can someone tell me which street fighter 4 version is the newest one? There is Super Street, Super Arcade edition and ultra edition?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Question for anyone who has or is familiar with both the PS3 and PS4 controllers.

Is the Dpad improved or is it similar to the PS3's? I'm going through Volgarr and a few other games and I'm starting to dislike the PS3 dpad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom