• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jase, if I claim a "garbage" title, will my chances to win something else decrease? Does it counts as a normal title?

I didn't make use of the garbage dump rule, so yes, claiming something from that list will impose a cooldown, the length of which is explained here:

I entered for a giveaway and didn't win it. No one else won either. Then, later, someone else came along and won. Why didn't I win?
Well, first, just because a giveaway isn't edited immediately doesn't mean it's drawn for. See above. Second, there are a variety of reasons why you might not have won. One is that you didn't follow the instructions for PMing ModBot. One is that you didn't meet the rules the giveaway maker set out. Finally, ModBot has a "throttle" that prevents you from winning games back to back to back to back. You need to wait a little while between wins. The throttle starts around 15 minutes between wins, and ramps up based on the number of wins you've had in the last week. This means that if you just won something, you will need to wait a minimum of 15 minutes to win again. If you reply in-thread a ModBot administrator can check the logs and follow up to see if you were throttled, but a better policy would be for you to not be a jerk and recognize that if you've already won a half-dozen games this week, maybe it's okay to let someone else have a shot. Please do not send requests to inquire whether you are throttled; police yourself by choosing not to win dozens of games a week. Be a nice person.​

Edit: In other news, New 'n' Tasty has actual in-game advertising.

Caerith

trying to idle for curds in "Dead Effect" this first person EA space horror game.. It dropped a foil a while ago, and then I went and played something, came back to idle for curds and it's been damn near an hour or so and still no card drop.

I also got a foil dropped by idling Cloudbuilt earlier today..

Does getting foils reduce your drop rate for normal cards somehow?

also, getting foils is a curse they take forever to sell IMO.. but it was nice the other day when I found out an Antisquad foil that I got finally sold after a month on the market...

Sometimes it just takes a long time for cards to drop, seems to depend on Steam's servers so it isn't reliable. Getting foils doesn't affect anything except the contempt of people who have gotten fewer foils than you.

That said, I think they'd sell better when an event is going or during the buildup when the "mystery cards" are dropping. I mean, that's the best time to craft badges since you get cards instead of coupons, and crafting a foil gets a foil event card.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did Unepic just come out of early access? its showing up in new releases

Rush for Glory -- MB-9AB58A2CBAC2A99D - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Kiru is still available btw for your tower defense or +1 needs

zkylon

zkylewd
wow yea gods will be watching is uh, uncompromising

played it for like 20 minutes and at least the initial impression is that there is no real strategy to it, it feels like everything you do is reactionary and i've replayed this hostage thing like 4 times already

imma give it a new shot tomorrow but very weird

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
steam telling me I own ace combat is bothering me in ways I cant explain

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

played it for like 20 minutes and at least the initial impression is that there is no real strategy to it, it feels like everything you do is reactionary and i've replayed this hostage thing like 4 times already

What a waste of an awesome title.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Did you play on normal or easy? Easy is still difficult, but a little more forgiving than normal mode.

Before I head to bed, I should mention that there is a little bit of strategy to things, in the first chapter at least. You've got to balance out keeping the guards from getting closer (an action that you can do allows you to see their movement constantly, it's really helpful), the hostages from trying to escape, and the keep the security strong enough so the data isn't hacked by the guards. There's a bit of strategy, but there's definitely so much luck involved that it kinda outshadows it.

Arthea

steam telling me I own ace combat is bothering me in ways I cant explain

when did GFWL was removed from it? I haven't noticed.
Unfortunately is too hot to play it, free weekend or no, I would be tempted to buy it now. Is it region free by chance?

Rhaknar

Unfortunately is too hot to play it, free weekend or no, I would be tempted to buy it now. Is it region free by chance?

no its locked

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Rush for Glory -- MB-9AB58A2CBAC2A99D - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Kiru

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Rush for Glory was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

there now you wont get throttled for other stuff

Caerith

I was considering installing it and pulling a Saints Row IV, but I saw it has multiplayer achievements so I'll just play Love Live instead focus on the games I can 100%.

zkylon

zkylewd
What a waste of an awesome title.
well it's still too early to tell and i can say i'm disgusted with myself already so i guess the game got that thing right

i think that if the game is so easy to lose (one time i just got randomly kicked out of the system after 3 turns) they should've probably made it easier and faster to interact with hotkeys and just skip dialogue with spacebar, make it so that corridor camera is hacked by default. something.

Did you play on normal or easy? Easy is still difficult, but a little more forgiving than normal mode.
yeah i figured i'd try normal first but i might lower it if i keep having trouble

Just finished my first playthrough of Arkham Origins Blackgate, and it wasn't too bad. Really, my only complaints are that dropping down never works, the second phase of the Catwoman fight was absolutely ridiculous, and getting 100% is a pain, since you have to play it at least 3 times. Other than that, it was pretty solid. If you enjoy Batman and/or Metroidvania, I'd recommend it... If you get it on sale for $5, that is.

ev0

First GAF member to post a picture of a bald man gets a free copy of Hitman Absolution (Steam of course).

1784051-796990-bald-man-in-a-suit-tastes-wine-isolated-on-white.jpg

Bald man??

JaseC

Does anyone have any info/have heard anything about this game?

LA COPS

It looks like a 3D Hotline Miami meets the Beastie Boys Sabotage video...

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“We will be keeping the price of the game the same during early access and into release. We dont want early access players to feel ripped off by releasing the game a at a lower price. To encourage take up of the early access we will be giving away four tracks from the original soundtrack to Early Access players for free.”

I guess I'm in.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
there now you wont get throttled for other stuff

Don't forget, it's there forever*

*forever may or may not actually be forever

well it's still too early to tell and i can say i'm disgusted with myself already so i guess the game got that thing right

i think that if the game is so easy to lose (one time i just got randomly kicked out of the system after 3 turns) they should've probably made it easier and faster to interact with hotkeys and just skip dialogue with spacebar, make it so that corridor camera is hacked by default. something.

yeah i figured i'd try normal first but i might lower it if i keep having trouble

You lasted longer on normal than I did. I gave up after three tries, just didn't feel like it was worth it.

Does anyone have any info/have heard anything about this game?

LA COPS

It looks like a 3D Hotline Miami meets the Beastie Boys Sabotage video...

Haven't heard of it but it looks awesome, I'll keep an eye out for more news.

Rhaknar where is Laharl-chan?

I miss her so very much

It's in my bookmarks somewhere.

Waiting.

I guess someone will eventually laharl-chan avatar quote I suppose

Soon.

glaurung

Thanks so much! Blood Money is one of my fave games ever. So now I can experience the controversy!
You're welcome. I think that Absolution is a flawed experience, but the PC version is really solid and the bits where it includes proper planning, preparation and execution are quite excellent.

It's the running away and fighting groups of enemies bits that fail.

ev0

You're welcome. I think that Absolution is a flawed experience, but the PC version is really solid and the bits where it includes proper planning, preparation and execution are quite excellent.

It's the running away and fighting groups of enemies bits that fail.

Ah, cool. Yeah from what I gathered it's basically a playable, competent game. Just don't always expect a "Hitman" game every level.

Rhaknar

Indie Royale ‏@indieroyale 5m

Terrorhedron and LogiGun Steam keys have now been added to their respective Indie Royale key pages.

(thats debut 3 and the recent apollo bundles btw)

AHA-Lambda

Just finished my first playthrough of Arkham Origins Blackgate, and it wasn't too bad. Really, my only complaints are that dropping down never works, the second phase of the Catwoman fight was absolutely ridiculous, and getting 100% is a pain, since you have to play it at least 3 times. Other than that, it was pretty solid. If you enjoy Batman and/or Metroidvania, I'd recommend it... If you get it on sale for $5, that is.

I agree, honestly I don't think it's that bad, aside from the terrible map.

JaseC

Indie Royale ‏@indieroyale 5m

Terrorhedron and LogiGun Steam keys have now been added to their respective Indie Royale key pages.

(thats debut 3 and the recent apollo bundles btw)

At this point I'm convinced that my not purchasing the Debut 3 bundle is going to haunt me forever, with it receiving retroactive bonuses additions just as a taunt.

glaurung

OK, one more free game giveaway. Just Cause 2.

Since I expect ABSOLUTELY EVERYBODY to already own this beauty, no task this time (plus apparently posting images is somehow complicated for some people). Just quote this post to get a free JUST CAUSE 2.

Yes it is the Humble Bundle overflowing with duplicates.

Rhaknar

At this point I'm convinced that my not purchasing the Debut 3 bundle is going to haunt me forever, with it receiving retroactive bonuses additions just as a taunt.

to taunt you extra hard, Terrorhedron key isnt actually up yet lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom