• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

Is this Tomb Raider Legends or something? Looks really familiar, but I've never gotten far into any of the tomb raiders except for the reboot because of how much easier it is.

Tomb Raider Underworld

Edit: oops I forgot reboot was the 2013 one, the Crystal Dynamics games are actually pretty accessible and quite fun to play, especially anniversary, you should give them a try!

Tizoc

Need more classic platforming goodness after Shovel Knight? grab dat Freedom Planet, play in Classic mode and then come and cry about how you suck at boss fights.

Huh, I don't think I've actually played Underworld, I've seen like the first few parts of lets plays on it, but it seems like it's one of the few tomb raider games I've just never touched, IIRC it released a little while before/after Uncharted Drakes Fortune did so that may have had something to do with it.
I missed out on it too. And I keep forgetting to buy it when's it's like 2.24. Which has happened 3 times since I started using Steam again, I think.

Tizoc

So Kiss Ltd. who released Guilty Gear Isuka on Steam recently tweeted this
KjKaLw7.png

Please let it mean what I think it means
ieNKcx4yG5y1D.gif

Benedict

Some more games for you to enjoy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Perimeter -- MB-422E2406E9F9D167 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 1 entrants total.
The Culling of the Cows -- MB-59BBBF92C1D477D0 - Taken by redlacs. 1 entrants total.

t1406288452z1.png

Kiru

@Caerith
Did you watch the new Risen 3 trailer?
It seemed to be more like Risen 1 than 2.
You still have a ship though and have to travel between different islands with it. It's not one big open world. Well... still looking forward to it. I'm just a huge Gothic & Risen fan, also didn't find Risen 2 as bad as many others.

Arthea

99 spirits, Ethan, Obludia and Stick it to the man are all on sale on ShinyLoot

You still have a ship though and have to travel between different islands with it. It's not one big open world. Well... still looking forward to it. I'm just a huge Gothic & Risen fan, also didn't find Risen 2 as bad as many others.

I already posted it but no harm in repeating, Risen 3 looks good, at least in screenshots and trailers.

It's an otome¹, so it simulates you being the waifu². I'm sure the user reviews will be fair and tolerant toward it.

¹ Genre named after the coolest Devil Survivor 2 character.
² It'll probably have husbando cards.

I had to look up otome in urbandictionary to see how the name of this genre developed so quickly. You tricked me! It is kind of weird, though, how the oldest character in DS2 is named "maiden." So it turns out the genre wasn't named after the coolest DS2 character after all.
Because then it would be called jungo

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Dusk Golem, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dusk Golem, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Evil Within -- MB-677AAF14A772A4E2 - Taken by EzioCroft. 88 entrants total.

t1406291676z1.png

Benedict

Repost for new page.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Perimeter -- MB-422E2406E9F9D167
The Culling of the Cows -- MB-59BBBF92C1D477D0 - Taken by redlacs

t1406288452z1.png

Caerith

@Caerith
Did you watch the new Risen 3 trailer?
It seemed to be more like Risen 1 than 2.

The long one? They were very careful to distance themselves from Risen 2. Everything was "like in Gothic and Risen 1" which is kinda disappointing. It feels like they're trying to appease the forum assholes (who hated Risen 2 for not being Gothic and who, when Risen 3 was announced, threw preemptive tantrums that it wouldn't be an HD remake of Gothic) instead of making the game they want to make.

Still, I'm glad to see that Voodoo Pirate is a faction. Haters be damned.

City 17

Also huge Gothic fan here... I agree that Risen 2 was not bad by any means, it was just a "different" game.

You're right about similarities between 2 and 3, but even in the recent trailer there was a lot of emphasis on going back to the roots (Risen 1 & Gothic), a darker theme, three main factions, especially now that the magicians are back... maybe we should call it a hybrid of Risen 1&2 which is more toward Risen 1.

Lain

Despite not being able to sit at the computer for long periods of time, I did manage to grab Speedrunners for 2.50€ from bundlestars. Now to get better so I can sit down and try to play it.

A random old-ass Sierra adventure appears.

And they're working on a remake: http://www.goldrush-game.com/en/remake/

So apparently some small German company legitimately secured the rights to a Sierra franchise with plans to remake it. It brings up the question, why hasn't this happened with the other Quest series games? Did they pick Gold Rush because it was the only game they could afford to get or because it was the only one on offer?

Tizoc

Speedrunners is $2.50 on Bundlestars? Neat! Shame about the Euro= Dollar converstion for my fellow EU GAFFers though :/

Guilty Gear XX, not Guilty Gear 2.

As in the Street Fighter 2 to Accent Core Plus' Super 2 Turbo

Oh #Reload you mean? That'd be OK too but I already got that off GOG :p

City 17

The long one? They were very careful to distance themselves from Risen 2. Everything was "like in Gothic and Risen 1" which is kinda disappointing. It feels like they're trying to appease the forum assholes (who hated Risen 2 for not being Gothic and who, when Risen 3 was announced, threw preemptive tantrums that it wouldn't be an HD remake of Gothic) instead of making the game they want to make.

Still, I'm glad to see that Voodoo Pirate is a faction. Haters be damned.
Yeah, although you said that you were not very fond of Gothic, I agree that we should draw a line between "more Gothic" and "living in the past". We can't have the same thing over and over. Changes like the inclusion of Voodoo Pirate were needed.

Wow, I doubt I qualify for the Mega givers condition but I had not heard of or seen The evil within before your giveaway. I'd likely shit my pants as even resident evil 4 scares me. Which is odd because it didn't scare me the first time I played it as it felt more like a shooter than survival horror but my old age must have changed something in my head... I still enjoy putting myself through those games though.

Has anyone else experienced a change in tolerance for horror media?

Caerith

I had to look up otome in urbandictionary to see how the name of this genre developed so quickly. You tricked me! It is kind of weird, though, how the oldest character in DS2 is named "maiden." So it turns out the genre wasn't named after the coolest DS2 character after all.
Because then it would be called jungo

Yeah but she's such a shipper that her name being a genre name is kinda fitting.
Still, would be interesting to see a genre named after Hinako, Destroyer of Worlds

Yeah, although you said that you were not very fond of Gothic, I agree that we should draw a line between "more Gothic" and "living in the past". We can't have the same thing over and over. Changes like the inclusion of Voodoo Pirate were needed.

I've never actually played Gothic, it's merely its more-vocal fans I'm not fond of. And Gothic's setting doesn't really interest me. Humans and orcs in medieval faux-Europe fantasy? Risen's islands and pirates are far more compelling.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
That last Risen 3 trailer made me unexpectedly excited. Suprised it's coming out this soon. When was it announced, four months ago?
I just hope the combat isn't as awfull this time around. It was okay in the original, but every time you stumbled upon an enemy in the sequel was a chore. It got a bit more fun fighting scallywags after learning some abbilities, but whenever a monster showed up... Absolutely dreadfull.
However, I really did enjoy what i've played from both games. Exploration is pretty damn great and fortunately, it's main focus.

In other news; i'm turning twenty in a couple of day's and i'd like to celebrate that event by doing a raffle for what has to be my favorite game this year thus far. I hope whoever wins enjoy's it as much as I do. :)

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Maxwood, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Divinity: Original Sin -- MB-60DA571776479BE3 - Taken by Gravelord_Nito. 42 entrants total.

t1406376235z1.png
Note: I only just realised the winner will get to see the message attached to the gift redemption link. So let's just say dmix90 is an awesome trader and please, don't be scared of Russian text.

dmix90

Note: I only just realised the winner will get to see the message attached to the gift redemption link. So let's just say dmix90 is an awesome trader and please, don't be scared of Russian text.
Oh my....There is a russian text in my emails lol. I tought steam converts it automatically. Will fix that in the future with Enhanced Steam :D

Kiru

I've never actually played Gothic, it's merely its more-vocal fans I'm not fond of. And Gothic's setting doesn't really interest me. Humans and orcs in medieval faux-Europe fantasy? Risen's islands and pirates are far more compelling.
Damn, Caerith. Duuuude, play it!! Also the sequel Gothic II might be one of the best RPGs ever created. You should really give them a chance.

Caerith

Seems Tekken 7 is releasing THIS year and there'll be a PC release too.
Here is an exhaustive list of all Tekken 7 info that has been confirmed:
  • Tekken 7 is being worked on.
That last Risen 3 trailer made me unexpectedly excited. Suprised it's coming out this soon. When was it announced, four months ago?
I just hope the combat isn't as awfull this time around. It was okay in the original, but every time you stumbled upon an enemy in the sequel was a chore. It got a bit more fun fighting scallywags after learning some abbilities, but whenever a monster showed up... Absolutely dreadfull.
However, I really did enjoy what i've played from both games. Exploration is pretty damn great and fortunately, it's main focus.
I thought the combat in Risen 2 was better than in Risen 1, where I just spammed fireballs all day because seriously lizardmen, but I agree. Every action RPG developer should be required to play Kingdoms of Amalur and use its combat as a baseline. (And its not forcing you to choose between combat skills and non-combat skills.)

Damn, Caerith. Duuuude, play it!! Also the sequel Gothic II might be one of the best RPGs ever created. You should really give them a chance.

Maybe I'll pick them up in the winter sale, then. My backlog is full enough that I'm in no real rush, though.

Knurek

I thought the combat in Risen 2 was better than in Risen 1, where I just spammed fireballs all day because seriously lizardmen, but I agree. Every action RPG developer should be required to play Kingdoms of Amalur and use its combat as a baseline. (And its not forcing you to choose between combat skills and non-combat skills.)

And this should include FROM Software and CDPRed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom