• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, honestly I don't think it's that bad, aside from the terrible map.

Yeah, that too. The map wasn't too bad, but it definitely could have been handled better. I didn't bother really figuring it out until the end so I could find more secrets, which was also kind of dumb that they just marked most of the stuff. I enjoyed finding the maps/informants to reveal secrets like in the other games.

Anustart

So my girlfriend attempted to play Sims 2 on origin while I was at work last night, I got home and all the icons on the desktop are much larger than before.

She said it happened right after she tried to play, PC froze for several seconds then Sims crashed and big icons appear.

resolution wasn't changed, restarting has no effect. Any ideas?

derExperte

So my girlfriend attempted to play Sims 2 on origin while I was at work last night, I got home and all the icons on the desktop are much larger than before.

She said it happened right after she tried to play, PC froze for several seconds then Sims crashed and big icons appear.

Right click on the desktop -> View -> change icon size

Or go to Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display and check if the scaling is set to more than 100%.

On your desktop, ctrl + scroll or right click > view > large or medium icons. Whichever you had before.

Ozium

I just activated mine. You have to get it via Desura.

When I go to my collection on Desura and hit "keys" for Terrorhedron and then 'get steam key' it says "You need to get keys from Indie Royale where this game was purchased."

Did you not get it from the Apollo bundle?

zkylon

zkylewd
You lasted longer on normal than I did. I gave up after three tries, just didn't feel like it was worth it.

yea i don't think i'll try for much longer

i like the idea of this game, but losing has given me very little indication of what i did wrong so, yeah...

sounds like the game would be much more enjoyable on easy, specially if it still forces you to make those hard choices. shooting that girl in the leg broke my heart, this game is brutal

Dr Dogg

A random old-ass Sierra adventure appears.

And they're working on a remake: http://www.goldrush-game.com/en/remake/

KISS are the Mastersonic of the digital publishing world, they will publish almost anything they can get their hands on. What does baffle me is that whilst they do indeed publish games on GOG the vast majority of their releases are appearing on Steam. I would have thought looking at the Steam Charts numbers that they'd be better served on GOG and not lost in the sea of releases on Steam but I guess they know better than me about which generates them more sales.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
When I go to my collection on Desura and hit "keys" for Terrorhedron and then 'get steam key' it says "You need to get keys from Indie Royale where this game was purchased."

Did you not get it from the Apollo bundle?

You need to do it through the actual Desura client. It's a stupid oversight that IR apparently refuses to fix. Desura icon -> Gift history -> "Collection" link -> "Keys" link opposite the game name.

Ozium

You need to do it through the actual Desura client. It's a stupid oversight that IR apparently refuses to fix. Desura icon -> Gift history -> "Collection" link -> "Keys" link opposite the game name.

I don't have the Desura client installed as I'd never use it but luckily I logged into Indieroyale and the steam keys for Terrorhedron now appear on the bundle page..

Thanks for the tip, tho.. Is there any reason to DL the Desura client other than to bypass this bug for the future?

JaseC

I don't have the Desura client installed as I'd never use it but luckily I logged into Indieroyale and the steam keys for Terrorhedron now appear on the bundle page..

Is there any reason to DL the Desura client other than to bypass this bug for the future?

None whatsoever. Not all Steam keys are added to the actual bundle page so it's a good idea to have the client on-hand.

wilflare

still waiting for IndieRoyale to implement the "Click to Redeem to your Steam account" similar to Humble and Groupees. I hope they adopt the Groupees style though, you can still see the actual code, Mark as used, Mark as givenaway

Thanks for the tip, tho.. Is there any reason to DL the Desura client other than to bypass this bug for the future?
Not really. I think you can download most, if not all, of your games from Desura in your browser, if you ever feel the need to.

Vuze

Trine is pretty cool so far. I got a key for the Enchanted Edition yesterday (never played it before) and it looks very good. Controls feel a bit wonky tho. Will try to get my brother into coop this afternoon, guess this could be fun.

Knurek

KISS are the Mastersonic of the digital publishing world, they will publish almost anything they can get their hands on. What does baffle me is that whilst they do indeed publish games on GOG the vast majority of their releases are appearing on Steam. I would have thought looking at the Steam Charts numbers that they'd be better served on GOG and not lost in the sea of releases on Steam but I guess they know better than me about which generates them more sales.

Problem is GOG has moderation, and actively limits number of games released weekly.
Steam doesn't.

JaseC

Problem is GOG has moderation, and actively limits number of games released weekly.
Steam doesn't.

Well, Valve does limit the amount of games individual publishers can release on a weekly basis. It's why, for example, Strategy First's stuff was drip-fed through over the course of about six weeks.

Dr Dogg

Steam doesn't.

Very true and their schedule is tightly booked way in advance but all the KISS published stuff I've seen on Steam vanishes after the day it was published and doesn't pop up unless it's part of a deal like the Week longs. I just wonder if the slower paced nature of GOG as well as the customers themselves (even though there is Steam/GOG crossovers) wouldn't be a better fit. But as I said they know that better than I so what they're doing is what they see is the best fit for them.

tioslash

Trine is pretty cool so far. I got a key for the Enchanted Edition yesterday (never played it before) and it looks very good. Controls feel a bit wonky tho. Will try to get my brother into coop this afternoon, guess this could be fun.

I´m sure it will be. I remember when I played Trine and Trine 2 co-op it was a blast!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
paying bills is fun

also, im shocked noone mentioned the new waifu simulator coming soon

header_292x136.jpg

Dr Dogg

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
here you go, guys ... one more

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lashman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Hitman: Codename 47 #3 -- MB-49B760F5647A9C82 - Taken by Boom Boom Pow
Hitman: Codename 47 #2 -- MB-04B11916706BDADF - Taken by Leg-End
Thief Gold #4 -- MB-ED8A75186E4485CF - Taken by Ruruja
Thief Gold #2 -- MB-8513C1938B0AEA80 - Taken by Fuzzification
Thief Gold #3 -- MB-7CD3AD730E9EA349 - Taken by Loptous
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-BFDE16738A540AAD - Taken by Fuzzification
Out of the Park Baseball 14 #2 -- MB-FA9BD3CB87D07D4D - Taken by Dambrosi
Out of the Park Baseball 14 #3 -- MB-A12B1D2E9009A37B - Taken by lfvgt
Out of the Park Baseball 14 #4 -- MB-8A1BAC1BC707253D - Taken by saunderez
Thief Gold -- MB-9DEF09682FEB4B98 - Taken by InfiniteNine

Status
Not open for further replies.