• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I should clarify, I do not know if the steam redemption granted the soundtrack sub. But I definitely have the Stealth Bastard soundtrack under my audio files on the humble site.

I think it's only for download, not actual steam st, but then again, I should check, to be sure

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I gave in and bought highest tier of plug in digital bundle... only after I remembered that WRC 4 is apparently bad. Oh well, it's still is a nice bundle even if I had more than half of games.

otoh groupees lost me with their newest bundle. I was planning getting to 1499 until 29th, to get Trails as my 1.5K game, but that's not working so far.

in other news: it is way too hot to play anything intense and I remembered my plan to play Narcissu. Is it long? good? anybody played it? Why is it EA?

Because it's not complete yet.

What's missing?
Steamworks integration isn't complete so achievements are not recorded.
Waiting on achievement icons
New translation still needs to be inserted

Arthea

Anyone else get this weird "You have been chosen" email from Bioware?
This reminds me
the share amount of spam, malware, scamming that is going under "blizzard" banner is astounding, I think I get about 50 e-mails each month pertaining battle-net, my account(s), surveys, winning stuff, security breach, you name it. It would be hilarious, but somehow it annoys me still. The same thing is going with all popular MMOs, but blizzard stuff is in league of its own, I think.

Because it's not complete yet.

oh ya, I should have read it myself, I blame heat.
Thanks Jasec, I'll wait then

Dr Dogg

Well fired up my 2 games from my haul this morning, if you can call it that. Why is it that games that get slated for their design and other areas they are lacking but excel on a technical standpoint? I'm not to sure how Aliens: CM ran before it's host of patches but the game runs peachy (despite having no real AA options) and Dark is another game that has a good selection of tweak available and some of the most comprehensive 3D support I've seen in a game. Ride to Hell was pretty flawless in that regard too and at the time was paving the way for sole x64 executable support. Granted they're all UE3 games but they make use of the feature set of the engine better than some more acclaimed games. If only these peeps would focus on the gameplay a bit more!

Speaking of I get the feel Dark is going to be the cheesy, clichéd kind of bad but good game. I mean you start off with amnesia in the a-typical video game night club. I do wonder if anyone who has designed a night club layout or stage in a game has ever been out on the tiles. I mean just look at this...
2048x1152.resizedimage

That looks like something out of a Michael Mann film and the way everyone is miles apart is like a school disco. Doesn't help that as is the norm the dancing animations are reminiscent of your dad after he's had one too many at a wedding.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
It's probably not a horror game, but I'm hopping the Bioware thing is a horror game.

But maybe a horror game, it is labelled as Nightmare and has imagery of things like a ring of fire and a faceless man.

But not getting my hopes up.

It's probably not a horror game, but I'm hopping the Bioware thing is a horror game.

But maybe a horror game, it is labelled as Nightmare and has imagery of things like a ring of fire and a faceless man.

But not getting my hopes up.
Yeah, I kinda want to know what it even is before I get carried away.

Shadownet

Banned
No clue. The site it linked to was mostly broken, with that video embedded in the middle of it.

Yeah, I kinda want to know what it even is before I get carried away.

I think Bioware did something similar with a past game.. or was it another developer.

one of the comments bellow the youtube video was "look like an old opening to a Supernatural episode"

i was like.. YES? Keep talking? a Bioware Supernatural game??

Dr Dogg

but I thought we should avoid Dark like fire. Remind me, why are you playing it?

Because I have a penchant for the terrible! Plus if you only play the middling to good games you can never appreciate the whole spectrum. Well that's at least what I keep telling myself anyway. To be fair there are very few games I'll say that I've played over the years that I'd consider bad.

Plus Super TIME Force Ultra is taking its sweet time (hehehe) so I keep on frivolously buying stuff I don't really want and/or need.

I wasn't able to salvage much from my Steam drive. Hopefully the ol' freezer trick will allow me to copy over the userdata folder as some Steamworks games store saves there, but other than that I was able to move what I need (namely mods, tools, and the ACF manifests, meaning I don't have to comb through Steam's free game list and reinstall everything as Steam still thinks they're installed).

Freaky future quote! Does it show up in your BIOS? If not 9 times out of 10 it's a PCB fault and the other 1 is possible a firmware one. Which is quite worrying now as I usually go through 2 to 3 hard drives a year and this is a running theme in this thread at the mo. Could be worse though it could have been one of the gif and avatar storage hard drives.

JaseC

I wasn't able to salvage much from my Steam drive. Hopefully the ol' freezer trick will allow me to copy over the userdata folder as some Steamworks games store saves there, but other than that I was able to move what I need (namely mods, tools, and the ACF manifests, meaning I don't have to comb through Steam's free game list and reinstall everything as the client still thinks they're installed).

I'll buy a 3TB replacement in a few days, but I hate purchasing things unexpectedly because I can't help but think to myself, "I could have spent this money on games."

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Reminder for Evil Within giveaway which is ending soon.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dusk Golem, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

THIS GAME IS AN IOU, I will gift the game via NeoGAF PM a little before or on the game's release date on Steam.

NOTE: Bethesda is known for region-locking, and as Evil Within is a gory game, it is quite possible it will have a censored version released. North America is where I'm and the key will be from, and maybe it won't be, but it's a fair notice to say it might be,

4956576_m.png

Evil Within -- MB-677AAF14A772A4E2 - Taken by EzioCroft. 88 entrants total.

t1406291676z1.png

Arthea

Because I have a penchant for the terrible! Plus if you only play the middling to good games you can never appreciate the whole spectrum. Well that's at least what I keep telling myself anyway. To be fair there are very few games I'll say that I've played over the years that I'd consider bad.

Plus Super TIME Force Ultra is taking its sweet time (hehehe) so I keep on frivolously buying stuff I don't really want and/or need.

I don't know why I even question your choice when I just bought WRC 4 for $10 myself (><)

I can see your point, usually when I don't like a game, I perceive it as not my thing and I can't name many games that are my thing and are bad. I'm trying to remember any strategy game that I thought was bad and I can't, except for Heroes of Might and Magic: Quest for the Dragon Bone Staff, that was... not good.

JaseC

Freaky future quote! Does it show up in your BIOS? If not 9 times out of 10 it's a PCB fault and the other 1 is possible a firmware one. Which is quite worrying now as I usually go through 2 to 3 hard drives a year and this is a running theme in this thread at the mo. Could be worse though it could have been one of the gif and avatar storage hard drives.

It's a mechanical issue. While some areas of the drive are (barely) accessible, for the most part attempting to open a folder/file causes the drive to tick for a good 20 or so seconds before Windows gives up and complains about an I/O error.

Oh, and I did also salvage the most important thing: the Steam avatar that Tellaerin made me earlier in the week (the GAF one I'd already moved to my laptop).

Arthea

It's a mechanical issue. While some areas of the drive are (barely) accessible, for the most part attempting to open a folder/file causes the drive to tick for a good 20 or so seconds before Windows gives up and complains about an I/O error.

Oh, and I did also salvage the most important thing: the Steam avatar that Tellaerin made me earlier in the week (the GAF one I'd already moved to my laptop).

that sounds bad.
What has happened to your HD, it melted in the heat?

EdmondD

I just got mine. Bioware got my email cause I bought some stuff from them. Maybe that's what happened to you? or you sign up for a bioware account for a game.

Yeah, I think I made an account for Mass Effect 2. The teaser looked really stupid to me though. I have no faith in Bioware anymore. I prefer a more psychological, nuanced horror like the Silent Hill games. Not this in your face loud noises shock horror.

Dr Dogg

I don't know why I even question your choice when I just bought WRC 4 for $10 myself (><)

I can see your point, usually when I don't like a game, I perceive it as not my thing and I can't name many games that are my thing and are bad. I'm trying to remember any strategy game that I thought was bad and I can't, except for Heroes of Might and Magic: Quest for the Dragon Bone Staff, that was... not good.

Well we all got our likes and dislikes, I mean I'm not a far of tower defence games by any stretch but do like some aspects of them. Rhaknar brought up Steam community reviews last night and if you follow the ratings game with them it's more of a case people voting if this review was helpful not on the review but whether they like the game themselves or not. Kind of skews the ratings some what.

Hahah phew! I've got 2 old Samsung F3 drives in my old, old. PC and one of them when I go to access it sounds like the Millennium Falcon failing to go into hyper-drive. It's been doing it for about a month now since the heat has picked up here and I know it's only a matter of time before it kicks the bucket. Though through a combination of Samsung selling off their HDD division to Seagate really steering myself away from submitting an RMA and being too lazy to back it up I'm tempting fate due to having about 1TB of work assets on there.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just noticed theres a button to return gifts to your inventory (unclaimed of course)

thats cool

edit: Ive been chosen? fuck off Bioware I dont want to play any more old republic

JaseC

just noticed theres a button to return gifts to your inventory (unclaimed of course)

thats cool

Maybe this is a sign that Valve will finally be expanding the automatic refund feature to include unused gifts... you know, like the text has said since it launched six months ago:

refundy8fax.jpg

pahamrick

All this talk of hard drive failure is making me paranoid. I've got four in my system:

1) OS Drive on 80GB SSD
2) Media Drive - 1TB
3) Game Drive - 1TB
4) Downloads/Cache Drive - 500GB

The 500GB drive is probably close to 10 years old, believe it or not, and still running. The other 3 are 4, almost 5 years old. I really need to get a 3 or 4 TB to replace my Game drive, since my internet provider recently instituted a 250GB monthly cap for my tier of internet service. Normally, it wouldn't be so bad, but there's 4 heavy internet users in my house right now. So, some games being 20+ GB really, really hurts.

I just noticed that the first Call of Juarez game isn't available to purchase on Steam currently. Really annoying, I was planning on picking it up during the winter sale.

JaseC

Here's a bunch of stuff that went unclaimed in the past:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JaseC, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete -- MB-9DE5D30E630BC126 - Taken by creamsugar
Gearcrack Arena -- MB-E8A370515B5A1F13 - Taken by Soule
xheRJRF.gif
Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta (Episode 1) -- MB-FCCB786907CF2D2E - Taken by Sendou
A New Reckoning -- MB-D0223AB5D02EE59C - Taken by Benedict
Subject 9 -- MB-1B94C03B85F4DF0D - Taken by anastef
Company of Heroes 2 DLC x4 -- MB-BD513A9822C79B4C - Taken by Driw3r
Syberia 2 -- MB-D1EDE9C95FBC9F0C - Taken by City 17
Total War: Rome II: Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack -- MB-F4940ABB2F338344
Data Hacker: Initiation -- MB-BD2E3C7687AB808C - Taken by Teppic
CT Special Forces: Fire for Effect -- MB-D28D08DA10824C84 - Taken by drakaenae
Konung 2 -- MB-29EC39D59B2AF31F - Taken by Anustart
Zack Zero -- MB-D6256B9B8D726982 - Taken by PossumMeat
Making History II: The War of the World -- MB-05B5CD85040452D6 - Taken by xeris
Marine Sharpshooter II : Jungle Warfare -- MB-EDD05BCFC03AFB19 - Taken by factorone
Sweezy Gunner -- MB-4AD63D7C8FB87069 - Taken by fuzzy123
BorderZone -- MB-06956EE52AF505D2 - Taken by Saty

Edit: I was supposed to make this an FFA. Oh well, I'll give it a little while and then resubmit what hasn't been taken.

Arthea

I just noticed that the first Call of Juarez game isn't available to purchase on Steam currently. Really annoying, I was planning on picking it up during the winter sale.

I noticed it is not possible to buy it, some time ago, but somehow forgot to post it and wasn't sure is it my regional thing or not. There are two more removed games that I was going to post about: Clive Barker's Jericho and NASCAR The Game: 2013 (I bought it just in time)

I noticed it is not possible to buy it, some time ago, but somehow forgot to post it and wasn't sure is it my regional thing or not. There are two more removed games that I was going to post about: Clive Barker's Jericho and NASCAR The Game: 2013 (I bought it just in time)

Because of the Jericho removal, my Steam account is even more valuable.

Ozium

trying to idle for curds in "Dead Effect" this first person EA space horror game.. It dropped a foil a while ago, and then I went and played something, came back to idle for curds and it's been damn near an hour or so and still no card drop.

I also got a foil dropped by idling Cloudbuilt earlier today..

Does getting foils reduce your drop rate for normal cards somehow?

also, getting foils is a curse they take forever to sell IMO.. but it was nice the other day when I found out an Antisquad foil that I got finally sold after a month on the market...

edit: it's taken so long I actually played the first mission/episode whatever and it seems OK.. nice atmosphere and everything but I killed everyone w/ an electric zap gun thing pretty easily and I'm playing on Hard

tylerf

I think I've now finally completed all the things to do in the first section of Divinity. Amazing how much stuff I missed until I actively went looking for places to get more exp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom