• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

milena87

My give away is now over. Congrats to the winners! For those curious:

I entered for 4. Glad I didn't win, I already have Divinity :p

Hey!
I'm looking the steam store right now, please recommend me any Mac game, I don't know what to buy and I want a little auto gift for my birthday :D
Thanks!

Divinity Original Sin is an awesome game if you're interested in an RPG. And I really mean it. My GOTY so far and I'm still on the second map after 40 hours of play.

There's also Borderlands 2: I found it quite fun, but not as fun as Borderlands 1. Much better with someone else to play it with.

AHA-Lambda

Damn I entered for number 2 :p

Regarding misselling GWBW, I can't say I feel duped by it, I had a fair idea of how it played from the expo (not the unfair difficulty issues we're seeing now thoughfrom such a small slice), but it still did try to sell a sort of narrative experience that isn't really there. All 6 scenarios are independent of result, a character can die in one only to be fine in the next.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Not yet, but it's not as though there's a lack of material to draw from so I'd surprised if Telltale doesn't intend to continue things.

Gonna have to to bear with Telltale's Borderlands and Game Of Thrones first.
I do hope there will be one.

Aww, well hopefully it's in the works after that since I'm not really interested in Borderlands since I haven't played the games yet. I ordered the first Fables book for now.

dot

ggs man, ggs.

Sweet baby jeezus that scared me.

:rshocked:

Hugstable

Banned
Beat Freedom Planet.

header_292x136.jpg

Will post full impressions later, and maybe should play more as I only beat the story with one of three characters (each character goes through mostly the same stages but have completely different playstyles, and some of the levels between them differ).

It was actually really, really good. It really reminded me of a Treasure game, had the sort of design with a bunch of gameplay twists and a bunch of awesome bosses in the style of Gunstar Heroes, but then gameplay matched up like a hybrid between Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, and also feeling like its own thing.

It had big levels with multiple paths and acts that were different, awesome music, awesome controls, awesome stage design that kept things fresh, awesome bosses, and after taking a bit to get used to the voices it actually even had a pretty good story.

Though it go fairly challenging towards the end on Normal difficulty, it was a lot of fun, and I would really recommend it to anyone who wants a platformer that feels like a mix between Treasue, SEGA, and Capcom (in that order) during their haydays. Lot of detail, thought-out levels, and understanding of what what make good balanced platforming levels.

Great impressions! The fact that it reminds you of a Treasure game actually really makes me want this now. Treasure made some of my favorite action platformers like Gunstar, Mischief Makers, Astro Boy: Omega Factor. From the looks of thing I thought it seemed to be very similar to Sonic. Nice to go it has a good difficulty and great bosses.

Divinity Original Sin is an awesome game if you're interested in an RPG. And I really mean it. My GOTY so far and I'm still on the second map after 40 hours of play.

There's also Borderlands 2: I found it quite fun, but not as fun as Borderlands 1. Much better with someone else to play it with.
Divinity is more than a GOTY for me, it's a modern classic that's going to remembered for years to come. It's just that good.

tioslash

My Steam drive is well and truly stuffed. I can (generally) read from/write to it just fine, but any attempt to load up Steam itself sends it into a ticking frenzy and eventually it becomes unresponsive. RIP you useless piece of crap.

That sucks. What hd is it?

Shadownet

Banned
stop it please. Just buy a controller and play then haha. I am sure you have enough kb+m games to play til then!

But it's not...
Well... Kind of. Gadgets are harder to combo.

This! I have to reach across the keyboard to do Quick Gadgets. it's a mess.

Also...the game bugged at the final boss QTE sequence if you're playing it with kb/m.
They still didn't fix it.

I knew something was strange when I was looking at the control screen, and the first thing that popped up was the Xbox Controller screen, not the Keyboard screen. -_-

they're pretty much telling you to go get a controller.

-------
I will post more in this week than I ever have ever.

Is that... Lady Gaga?

milena87

Divinity is more than a GOTY for me, it's a modern classic that's going to remembered for years to come. It's just that good.

Well, I'll probably feel the same when I'll be near the end of the game. So, in about 100 hours or so by the look of it ;)

I'm really glad I backed Divinity, yesterday I even received the artbook for the game (and I didn't even remember it as part of my pledge tier) :D

Tellaerin

Also Frost, im about to throw myself headfirst back down that horrible SSF4 custom costumes hole, stop me before its too late

Thought these were pretty nice, though apparently the author's in the process of editing and re-uploading them now because the switch to v2014 broke compatibility with a lot of mods. Might be worth bookmarking.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thought these were pretty nice, though apparently the author's in the process of editing and re-uploading them now because the switch to v2014 broke compatibility with a lot of mods. Might be worth bookmarking.

atm im redownloading it and hoping my old dir with all the costumes I used still works with the new steamworks version. then Ill start to track down new ones

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Looks like most mods don't work anymore dude. Something about a new file format in AE v2014

...no. stop fucking around, thats not funny Marco

I got 3 gigs of costumes here dude >_> thats every character in the fucking game with a new costume on every color....dont tell me this wont work

Copons

I watched the first 10 minutes of the Serious Stream and I actually found it fun to the point I'm considering to reinstall it.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Hey guys, ibb&obb, are people liking that game?

Very fun and adorable little platformer, recommend doing it with a friend or fellow GAFer otherwise you need to kinda reprogram yourself to control both Ibb and Obb at the same time and it's kind of a brain fuck.

The soundtrack by Kettel is incredible. I've been a fan of his for years now though so I have a bit of bias there.

Phinor

Couple of spares from the archives:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Zeno Clash -- MB-52928F912E116117
Natural Selection 2 -- MB-EC3C4D926C9D7554 - Taken by ImSooFlye. 2 entrants total.
Killing Floor -- MB-006C7329C4C27155 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 2 entrants total.

t1406275550z1.png

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Great impressions! The fact that it reminds you of a Treasure game actually really makes me want this now. Treasure made some of my favorite action platformers like Gunstar, Mischief Makers, Astro Boy: Omega Factor. From the looks of thing I thought it seemed to be very similar to Sonic. Nice to go it has a good difficulty and great bosses.

I agree, and this obviously took some inspiration from them. It's hard to explain without going a lot more into detail, but for Freedom Planet, here's three things things I really liked about the game that kind of touch on it, but not fully:

-Unique gameplay moments and creativity that goes through not just levels, but sections of levels, and the game keeps on both throwing new, sometimes bizarre, but really good scenarios at you, while also building on-top of everything else. In a single level, Also bosses, there's a lot of them and they're awesome and many come in the middle of levels to attack you.

-All three characters really do play completely differently and tackle some of the same (and some different) obstacles in completely different ways. Who played as was Lilac, who is the more Sonic-esque character, with speed, fast attacks, flips, crazy tricks, can dash into the air with a charge, and a variety of sort of beat-em up moves. The other two play differently, there's this dog character you can play as who cannot attack directly but can fly, and can summon blocks and pick up objects from the environment as well as make a shield. And the other (Carol) can use a dagger-type weapon and sort of make a leap in the air, but is slower than Lilac (faster than the dog), but can gain a motorbike in stages from collecting an item, which then with the motorbike you go really fast, can do spin attacks, wheelies, and even drive up walls. When not on the bike, she has special abilities to just her though, like wall-jumping or utilizing specific devices in stages for her.

--Really awesome music and a story that is surprisingly interesting as it develops, but on-top of this a lot of creative designs in the stages and enemies. In stages, you'll go through everything from Chinese Disco Malls to dream-like crystal plains.

I watched the first 10 minutes of the Serious Stream and I actually found it fun to the point I'm considering to reinstall it.

don't! I joined towards the end of the game and now I am apparently locked in for the rest of the games. It was barely fun with 6 people, I can't imagine it on your own.

Shadownet

Banned
Very fun and adorable little platformer, recommend doing it with a friend or fellow GAFer otherwise you need to kinda reprogram yourself to control both Ibb and Obb at the same time and it's kind of a brain fuck.

The soundtrack by Kettel is incredible. I've been a fan of his for years now though so I have a bit of bias there.

wilflare

bleh. Humble isn't allowing me to purchase :/
EDIT: says I have purchased too many bundles in a short period - is anyone else getting this?

Arthea

I gave in and bought highest tier of plug in digital bundle... only after I remembered that WRC 4 is apparently bad. Oh well, it's still is a nice bundle even if I had more than half of games.

otoh groupees lost me with their newest bundle. I was planning getting to 1499 until 29th, to get Trails as my 1.5K game, but that's not working so far.

in other news: it is way too hot to play anything intense and I remembered my plan to play Narcissu. Is it long? good? anybody played it? Why is it EA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom