• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict

According to Modbot, these games are yet to be claimed by a Gaffer.
Please, feel free to take whatever you want

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Marine Sharpshooter II Jungle Warfare -- MB-951D89DDD4B6C12A - Taken by roadrunn3r
QRTH PHYL -- MB-11E72E7D47EA1E71 - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.
Project Aftermath -- MB-DCC38AF114B68C19 - Taken by tylergregg
Acension to the throne -- MB-5D3165C6C3C91171 - Taken by Phawx
litil divil -- MB-89DFAC3B789C4694 - Taken by Demon Lizardman. 1 entrants total.
Nosferatu Wrath of Malachi -- MB-CE96193AAF980632 - Taken by lfvgt. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
ONE DAY for Ched(Desura) -- MB-6504BA3E1C5335DE - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Chester DESURA -- MB-296365BDEC89496E
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-92E817956ACD9E04 - Taken by bobnowhere
ulgzbKC.png
Pressured (Desura) -- MB-E7643165D077EB70
ulgzbKC.png
Stingray(Desura) -- MB-4543EF1787F51A83 - Taken by WinterDemons

Mata Hari -- MB-8C399978A9162E4C - Taken by doctorcdcs
Konung 3 -- MB-A0F2684F0BDCEFC0 - Taken by user237. 2 entrants total.
Plain Sight -- MB-5CA67EBAA3BCCA70 - Taken by Pranay_
ulgzbKC.png
Ice Cream Surfer (Desura) -- MB-9C569023FAD626E8 - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Song of the Myrne: What Lies Beneath(Desura) -- MB-8B87DB64DE779FFE - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Bloop(Desura) -- MB-5B8DB1066E1254AF - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
International Snooker(Desura) -- MB-869A50ED5EC2B3CA - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Pester(Desura) -- MB-FC08AD99B73C7B7C - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Alcarys Complex DESURA -- MB-37D5BA85A7A46E4D

ulgzbKC.png
Magic Meisters Alpha(Desura) -- MB-025EAD816567ABB7 - Taken by WinterDemons

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Marine Sharpshooter II Jungle Warfare was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for QRTH PHYL was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Project Aftermath was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Acension to the throne was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for litil divil was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Nosferatu Wrath of Malachi was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for ONE DAY for Ched(Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Chester DESURA was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Nuclear Dawn was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Pressured (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Stingray(Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Plain Sight was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ice Cream Surfer (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Song of the Myrne: What Lies Beneath(Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Bloop(Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for International Snooker(Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Pester(Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Alcarys Complex DESURA was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Magic Meisters Alpha(Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1406301713z1.png

Knurek

Speaking of good platformers, UnEpic is out of Early Access.

Never forget the OG JaseC
32691ab977b86e13b55f7c97a8f4b3a0aaa7ae02_medium.jpg
:

Unepic is an old-school indie RPG that’s rough around the edges but still has a lot to offer. You play as Daniel, a typical nerd who suddenly finds himself either hallucinating or somehow transported inside the tabletop game he’s been playing--he’s not sure which.

Soon after, you are exploring a castle full of deadly enemies and traps, searching for the exit. The dungeon is divided into segments typical of a Metroidvania, requiring you to power up, level up, defeat an area’s boss to obtain a key so you may progress to the next area, and so on. The boss battles themselves are mostly well done and interesting, except for one that effectively forces you to drop your items on the ground, which was just a terrible idea overall.

You’ll meet a reluctant companion very early on who will remain with you throughout the game and serves as the other half of most of the dialog and story. The dialog tends to be on the humorous side and tries, maybe a little too hard, at incorporating some nerd humor and pop culture references into everything you do.

There are many secrets to be found within the walls of the castle; shopkeepers and quest givers to meet; pets to recruit, who will follow you around and offer unique abilities; and in-game challenges to complete, which are actually quite challenging. A robust magic system, based on reagents and eight schools of magic, is in place along with alchemy and your typical melee and ranged skills and weapons. Leveling up will let you distribute stat points and skill points across these as you see fit, with harder difficulties rewarding you with more points to distribute as well as the ability to save your game manually.

Unepic does have its flaws: Other than the humor not being for everyone, even people who typically don’t get hung up on graphics may find the game to be ugly and, while the lighting can be nicely done, the minigame of wading through the dark to light all the torches can become tiring, as can climbing ladders on every screen. In spite of this, a solid RPG lies at the core and it’s obvious the developer put a lot of work, and love, into making the game.
Posted: 26 November 2013

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Super Trench Attack! has no business being this good, what...what the fuck is going on here >_>

dont just throw it in the backlog if you get it from a bundle, give it a whirl, its really cool

saunderez

Garbage truck backing up!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

FLY'N -- MB-951D518528814DCA - Taken by Sendou
Mechanic Escape -- MB-AA1BC4C7CB6C91AC - Taken by anastef
Jack Lumber -- MB-3289BF84D5F3010E - Taken by bobnowhere

So apparently some small German company legitimately secured the rights to a Sierra franchise with plans to remake it. It brings up the question, why hasn't this happened with the other Quest series games? Did they pick Gold Rush because it was the only game they could afford to get or because it was the only one on offer?

I think the rights to Gold Rush! were with the original makers of the game the MacNeills. They released a collector's edition a few years ago. The rights to the other Quest games are still owned by Sierra (Activision Blizzard).

Caerith

What you don't like clicking your mouse at that yellow prompt?
Too fast!
Seriously. And even with the combat rebalance, getting killed by ordinary humans? You can count on one finger the number of humans who could even touch Geralt in combat, much more pose a serious threat.

Lots of rhyming in there..

Witcher 1 was reallly bad on the combat front, but things have improved in Witcher 2 and look to be improved further in W3.
I hope I can get through the first game then to play the second and third, but even what I've seen of W3 is still kinda nerfy.

Tizoc

So, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, how is it? Been wanting to play that game for quite some time but never really felt like it until now.

It's one of the few games on Steam that people want DLC for. I was also recommended it because it was an arcade racer-like.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hey, Homefront is back for sale on Steam as of 2 weeks ago. 19.99. No word if the online servers are back up. Edit: Apparently they are.

Some words of advice:
- This is not a good game and you should not buy it.
- If you want to buy it to own it for collection purposes, you should probably buy it. There's no guarantee that Crytek will continue to exist for longer than the next month or so and if they go under, there's no guarantee anyone will snap up the IP.

Also I found out about this from JaseC on the Steam forums hahaha.

Mibuokami

Hi there, I'm dropping this off for good karma on the internet. :)

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mibuokami, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Divinity: Original Sin #2 -- MB-1A31B0EB22E0CC10 - Taken by NingenJanai
t1cxE6r.gif
Divinity: Original Sin -- MB-C961A50E7C26A21A - Taken by Mass_Pincup

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
no raffle divinities... what a shame for the not imediatly present

Rhaknar

Is it better to do raffle? I just copy and pasted from the instruction...

well, its only that like that its first come first serve. a raffle, even a small 15min one, would give more people a chance is all :)

imagine that someone went to the bathroom for example, and just missed Divinity :p

Holy crap. And literally during the minutes I left to grab coffee! :p

as I was saying :)

Knurek

Seriously. And even with the combat rebalance, getting killed by ordinary humans? You can count on one finger the number of humans who could even touch Geralt in combat, much more pose a serious threat.

Canon-wise, only Vilgefortz was able to beat him.
(Not counting a random villager with his pitchfork)

tioslash

well, its only that like that its first come first serve. a raffle, even a small 15min one, would give more people a chance is all :)

imagine that someone went to the bathroom for example, and just missed Divinity :p

I just got home, and apparently just missed Divinity :p

as I was saying :)

Basically what happened to me, lol.

Not that it diminishes the giveaway much, really. The important part is that 2 people win the generous gift either way. This way they just happened to be decided by being in the right place at the right time as opposed to randomization.

Mibuokami

fyi, if you are giving away something that awesome...I would suggest throwing up some rules like NOLURKERS, SHORTRAFFLE, etc.

Thanks, ironic since I'm pretty much a lurker xD

My post history is basically a couple of random comment and steam giveaway.

I will do a raffle next time though. Cheers!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I think there's some nice serendipity in the occasional high value first-come first-serve. :) I mean, yeah you have to be there at the exact moment it goes up, but think of the expression on someone's face when they see Divinity: OS unclaimed in a first-come first-serve with no rules and think "OHHHHHHHH MY GOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD!!!!!" and frantically do the PM.

Rhaknar

im not a warlock or anything but I imagine that the junior is a Divinity dev being nice, so lets not pile up on him for not knowing the modbot etiquete :)

Thanks, ironic since I'm pretty much a lurker xD

My post history is basically a couple of random comment and steam giveaway.

I will do a raffle next time though. Cheers!

or maybe not

Enco

But what if..

A first come first serve giveaway gives you as much chance as winning as a raffle?

Both are random. One depends on a random number generator and one depends on the random chance of time/place mixing.

Deep stuff amirite.

Pop

But what if..

A first come first serve giveaway gives you as much chance as winning as a raffle?

Both are random. One depends on a random number generator and one depends on the random chance of time/place mixing.

Deep stuff amirite.

u rite

iosefe

But what if..

Deep stuff amirite.

That+s+Crazy+Talk+_e192b574c408953d2e45d2e230515c80.png

rtcn63

I was delivering a baby and rescuing puppies from a race of malevolent aliens and discovering a cure for the common cold and writing a book that would solve all the mysteries of god and the universe and I already own Divinity I'm good.

chronomac

Got two freebies here.
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ethan Meteor Hunter -- MB-57302B0967D524AC - Taken by sheaaaa. 3 entrants total.
Mechanic Escape -- MB-142ACBCCF769C9B5 - Taken by Hugstable. 3 entrants total.

Mokoi

Banned
Lol I didn't add a timer with my first giveaway. I wanted to make things interesting.
I didn't read the Modbot OT
Also please don't buy homefront. It's just bad, and you should spend your time playing better shootbangs such as Wolfenstein or Singularity. Yeah play Singularity it's good.

Nzyme32

But what if..

Deep stuff amirite.

Deep. The only downside of a no rules giveaway is that if it were to become a popular way of giving, their would likely be some no life person out there that would work out what time givers like to do giveaways or would constantly refresh and game the system.

But I do like the idea of people getting frantic and surprised or even shocked at the opportunity, especially if it is a game they have wanted for a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom