• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

dat feeling of losing a Speedrunners first-come giveaway because you had to wait 30 seconds after sending a PM to enter a Speedrunners raffle giveaway that was posted seconds earlier.

I remember posting a comment and there was a first server right after it and I was sad and cried for a few days.

EDIT: No I did sent a PM to thank someone I think, hence the counter

Porcupine

14555056288_941a9123a4_o.png

That's really sad.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
dat feeling of losing a Speedrunners first-come giveaway because you had to wait 30 seconds after sending a PM to enter a Speedrunners raffle giveaway that was posted seconds earlier.
Same thing happened to me, such is life under the oppressive rule of one post every 30 seconds.

iosefe

does speedrunners have any sort of actual single player to it or is it just bot races and nothing else?

getting it for me and the bros to play occasionally but i just wanted to know if it was just a MP experience only.

there is a series of single player missions, than some mor VR missions, that are more challenging

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

BioShock -- MB-8984161B16ED1D6C - Taken by daisysmurf

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for BioShock was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Wasn't claimed, so re-posting.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

don't blame modbot, blame whoever sets the PM throttle for GAF :(

but on the other hand, modbot 2 and 3 would not exist if not for the PM throttle.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Rush for Glory -- MB-9AB58A2CBAC2A99D - Taken by ModBot

Note: The key you added for Rush for Glory was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

its garbagedump so doesnt affect throttle

Dr Dogg

I think I'll re-play the game, through Iorveth path this time as soon as CDPRed patches out that shitty dithering they use for shadows.

I'm definitely going to run through the game again prior to 3 coming out as I don't have my old saves from GOG any more. That and try and make a dent in the Steam Achievements this time. I don't know how many mods there are out for 2 but the first had loads. I know EatChildren always used to shamelessly recommend his grass billbording mod. Though shadow rending is a very complex beast unto itself.

Wasn't claimed, so re-posting.

I have no plans to play this one again any time soon, but will totally take it if everyone ignores it as a garbage dump. Certainly someone can use it more than me though, right?

I'm definitely going to run through the game again prior to 3 coming out as I don't have my old saves from GOG any more. That and try and make a dent in the Steam Achievements this time. I don't know how many mods there are out for 2 but the first had loads. I know EatChildren always used to shamelessly recommend his grass billbording mod. Though shadow rending is a very complex beast unto itself.

Is there a save import feature or something?

Hugstable

Banned
I hate foils, they never sell

They do sell, you just have to price them horribly so somebody actually wants them. I don't really like foils because of that, and most foils I've gotten were for games where they weren't worth much. My last foil was from EYE: Divine Cybermancy and it fetched only 16 cents :(

Enhanced Steam doesn't let me remove games from my wishlist.

Steam is watching you. Gaben wants you to buy

jk :D

Dr Dogg

god damn. I knew reviews were mixed, but whoa.

well it could be worse...

QzEqXJL.png

Is there a save import feature or something?

The Witcher 2 let you import save from the first witch carried over some choices as well as some specific items and monies. I can't remember if you had to get to a certain point as by the time I started and got stuck into 2 I had hardly made a dent into 1 and I've still only managed 4 hours of it now. I'm assuming 3 will let you do the same.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Gone Home 100% negative, yup that sure is a terrible game, gosh those steam reviews are useful. As useful as those community votes during sales...

I said this last night, ill say it again...im BAFFLED that steamgaf is all about the steam user reviews all of sudden, what the fuck happened man?

Vazduh

More speedrunners!!!

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vazduh, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Speedrunners -- MB-3C25371211E1C33B - Taken by wetflame. 19 entrants total.

t1406298617z1.png

Happy birthday Turfster!
Wish for you to get your hands back to snuff and that someday you'll post about your game in this thread :)
I can't get over how creepy the faces look. The gameplay looks interesting though. A mix of third person cast spelling and first person, too.

Here's a webm and some pics from the match we had last night. Gonna upload the whole session to youtube, but encoding takes time. I'll post some more webms/images in the meantime.
http://a.pomf.se/wixkbe.webm
http://a.pomf.se/tysuzq.webm
http://a.pomf.se/iyysnx.webm
http://a.pomf.se/naiosb.webm

Teppic

Enjoy the garbage.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

ulgzbKC.png
Micy Roll (Desura) -- MB-E13B27ADBD25D376 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Little Inferno -- MB-D67DD724D15718BD - Taken by EzioCroft
English Country Tune -- MB-B153E55C28461639 - Taken by Sammichu
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-E10FCA0EF39AC6E6 - Taken by darkchewie

xheRJRF.gif
Gish -- MB-1BA351356B817447 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Intrusion 2 -- MB-0BCA12C1593A0C7B - Taken by freshVeggie

Note: The key you added for Micy Roll (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Little Inferno was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for English Country Tune was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Thomas Was Alone was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Gish was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Intrusion 2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

nerdook

Neo Member
logo3_black_steam_600.png

VERTICAL DROP HEROES HD out on Steam in 11 hours! Procedural platformer RPG made by me, a one man developer.

And to celebrate, here's a raffle for one free Steam key.

ss10-Custom.png

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (nerdook, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vertical Drop Heroes HD -- MB-00535283B357A0FE - Taken by Volcynika. 46 entrants total.

t1406308398z1.png

Hugstable

Banned
The Witcher 2 let you import save from the first witch carried over some choices as well as some specific items and monies. I can't remember if you had to get to a certain point as by the time I started and got stuck into 2 I had hardly made a dent into 1 and I've still only managed 4 hours of it now. I'm assuming 3 will let you do the same.

Yeah that would be amazing if 3 lets me do the same. Makes me still want to finish the Roche playthrough so I can go into Witcher 3 with 2 different save files just incase the endings add any sort of difference to what happens in Witcher 3. My Witcher 3 sits in my favorites tab... just waiting to be released and played.

Porcupine

Gone Home 100% negative, yup that sure is a terrible game, gosh those steam reviews are useful. As useful as those community votes during sales...

I said this last night, ill say it again...im BAFFLED that steamgaf is all about the steam user reviews all of sudden, what the fuck happened man?

14718789656_92723735d9_o.png

What tool are you using?

It's true that you can't rely 100% on the steam reviews, but it can give you a good impression if something is wrong with the game, or if there is something to consider before buying.
I played GWBW and so far the tendency of reviews is ok with me.

Dr Dogg

Hold up I just got a pop up notification on steam to tell my a game had finished downloading. When did that start? Really neat feature.

The PM throttle for GAF? Load/spam concerns as far as I can tell. There's also a post throttle and search throttle for users, right?

Yep 60 seconds on each. Hahaha has it been that long now since you've had to deal with those wait timer messages?

Yeah that would be amazing if 3 lets me do the same. Makes me still want to finish the Roche playthrough so I can go into Witcher 3 with 2 different save files just incase the endings add any sort of difference to what happens in Witcher 3. My Witcher 3 sits in my favorites tab... just waiting to be released and played.

As I said above I can't really talk about the first Witcher due to not getting that far in but I can see there's a fair bit of potential for diverging paths or 'oh hey look we noticed you did this in our previous game here's a easter egg' type moments like Mass Effect did. Plus with the 7 month wait to The Wild Hunt it gives us all plenty of time to run through Assassin of Kings again.

Hugstable

Banned
Happy birthday Turfster!
Wish for you to get your hands back to snuff and that someday you'll post about your game in this thread :)

I can't get over how creepy the faces look. The gameplay looks interesting though. A mix of third person cast spelling and first person, too.

Here's a webm and some pics from the match we had last night. Gonna upload the whole session to youtube, but encoding takes time. I'll post some more webms/images in the meantime.

Oh god all those pictures are getting me to want to actually play L4D2 and get good at it. I love these workshop mods and how easy they make it to change up the game. Just seeing models like Joel and Elizabeth in there is amazing, they look straight out of their own games!

Terra_Ex

They confirmed in a recent interview that W3 will indeed allow you to import W2 saves on PC.

I feel real sorry for folks who waited a couple of months for Episode 4 of TWAU and then it was like 45 minutes long. I started it last night and right when i was like "ok, this seems like a great spot to stop and save the rest of the episode for tomorrow" it ends. I would've been pissed as all hell if i didn't have the next episode already available.

It's a sucky thing to complain about at this point, I'll admit, and in the grand scheme of things TWAU is at least 8-10 hours long, making it longer than many AAA games for the most part. But man, episode 4 confirmed that there is no better way to play these games then as a full game once all the episodes are out.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Benedict, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Marine Sharpshooter II Jungle Warfare -- MB-951D89DDD4B6C12A - Taken by roadrunn3r
QRTH PHYL -- MB-11E72E7D47EA1E71 - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.
Project Aftermath -- MB-DCC38AF114B68C19 - Taken by tylergregg
Acension to the throne -- MB-5D3165C6C3C91171 - Taken by Phawx
litil divil -- MB-89DFAC3B789C4694 - Taken by Demon Lizardman. 1 entrants total.
Nosferatu Wrath of Malachi -- MB-CE96193AAF980632 - Taken by lfvgt. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
ONE DAY for Ched(Desura) -- MB-6504BA3E1C5335DE - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Chester DESURA -- MB-296365BDEC89496E
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-92E817956ACD9E04 - Taken by bobnowhere
ulgzbKC.png
Pressured (Desura) -- MB-E7643165D077EB70
ulgzbKC.png
Stingray(Desura) -- MB-4543EF1787F51A83 - Taken by WinterDemons
Mata Hari -- MB-8C399978A9162E4C - Taken by doctorcdcs
Konung 3 -- MB-A0F2684F0BDCEFC0 - Taken by user237. 2 entrants total.
Plain Sight -- MB-5CA67EBAA3BCCA70 - Taken by Pranay_
ulgzbKC.png
Ice Cream Surfer (Desura) -- MB-9C569023FAD626E8 - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Song of the Myrne: What Lies Beneath(Desura) -- MB-8B87DB64DE779FFE - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Bloop(Desura) -- MB-5B8DB1066E1254AF - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
International Snooker(Desura) -- MB-869A50ED5EC2B3CA - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Pester(Desura) -- MB-FC08AD99B73C7B7C - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Alcarys Complex DESURA -- MB-37D5BA85A7A46E4D
ulgzbKC.png
Magic Meisters Alpha(Desura) -- MB-025EAD816567ABB7 - Taken by WinterDemons

Note: The key you added for Marine Sharpshooter II Jungle Warfare was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for QRTH PHYL was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Project Aftermath was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Acension to the throne was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for litil divil was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Nosferatu Wrath of Malachi was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for ONE DAY for Ched(Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Chester DESURA was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Nuclear Dawn was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Pressured (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Stingray(Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Plain Sight was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ice Cream Surfer (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Song of the Myrne: What Lies Beneath(Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Bloop(Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for International Snooker(Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Pester(Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Alcarys Complex DESURA was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Magic Meisters Alpha(Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1406301713z1.png

Arthea

but Gone Home is terrible, as in terribly boring, I wish I checked those reviews before buying and playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom