• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
14718789656_92723735d9_o.png

What tool are you using?

It's true that you can't rely 100% on the steam reviews, but it can give you a good impression if something is wrong with the game, or if there is something to consider before buying.
I played GWBW and so far the tendency of reviews is ok with me.

oh Gone Home isnt 100% anymore? and this isnt even about Gods, its about steam user reviews, like the steam forums, being the cesspoll of the internet, borderline Gamefaqs quality (remember how we constantly mock the community votes because people have such bad taste?) and the last few weeks more and more people around here keep using it as a reference for whatever reason that I cant discern, and, like I said, it baffles me.

Turfster

Unholy heights is a really cute and Japanesey uh... building management village fighting RPG sim sort of thing?
Yeah, it's hard to put into words.
Anyway, I'm really having fun with it so far.

oh Gone Home isnt 100% anymore? and this isnt even about Gods, its about steam user reviews, like the steam forums, being the cesspoll of the internet, borderline Gamefaqs quality (remember how we constantly mock the community votes because people have such bad taste?) and the last few weeks more and more people around here keep using it as a reference for whatever reason that I cant discern, and, like I said, it baffles me.

Gone Home from what I've heard will be less than 50%, seems like a very "special" and short game.

Porcupine

It's true, the steam forum can be very ugly sometimes and you have to be aware that you should check other sources, too.

I think the reviews Steam shows also depends on region/language. So the Enhanced Steam calculation probably won't be the same for everyone everywhere.

Then it seems Germany likes the game :D

Arthea

Unholy heights is a really cute and Japanesey uh... building management village fighting RPG sim sort of thing?

I would say: I told you! but I'm not sure have you even read me saying it.
and it's more like an evil landlord bent on world domination trough renting apartments to demons and keeping them happy while they fight for his goals the game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's true, the steam forum can be very ugly sometimes and you have to be aware that you should check other sources, too.

I cant wait for people to start using IGN as a reference here, thats where its headed anyway

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

I'm glad :) awesome, thank you!! :)

Since I've been lucky I'm giving away a couple games that I don't have on steam but I would like to have, so fellow gaffers can enjoy them and hopefully I get some good karma
and people don't hate me for winning Divinity OS
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Black The Fall -- MB-963B6FA960A0270C - Taken by adaen. 31 entrants total.
Halfway -- MB-B718DBE2E8BB5CE1 - Taken by Uzzy. 60 entrants total.

t1406384779z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
RE: Enhanced Steam and removing stuff from wishlists;

There's something weird going on with Steam Community and HTTPS and HTTPS Everywhere and Enhanced Steam. I've had a bunch of weird little issues where stuff doesn't work properly.

Ozium

are there still enough interested people for me to give away a copy or two of speedrunners or should I pick another game for friday funtime?

(I won't be able to purchase anything for another 6-7 hours)

RE: Enhanced Steam and removing stuff from wishlists;

There's something weird going on with Steam Community and HTTPS and HTTPS Everywhere and Enhanced Steam. I've had a bunch of weird little issues where stuff doesn't work properly.

I noticed earlier today that the CSS was all screwed up using enhanced steam but don't know if that's Steam's problems or shackles'

FloatOn

In steamgaf I trust (mostly). The rest of the internet can piss off.

maty

A few games still available from my previous giveaway. Please take them, specially Aerena. I want it out of my inventory. Thanks

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bornlivedie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Aerena -- MB-2786077F50DAEF5C
Pid -- MB-0A4CDCEDAD942C81 - Taken by Kanhir
Savant: Ascent -- MB-E40CAF21F8767038 - Taken by Catshade
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-D38A22EB6A2E22B0 - Taken by danhese007
Ballpoint Universe - Infinite -- MB-F1EF6F4112B92F37 - Taken by fernandes

Sini

I cant wait for people to start using IGN as a reference here, thats where its headed anyway
IGN forums seems to love "download more ram" "lool" "trolololo" as an answer for questions. I wish I could blacklist that place from Google results.

Saty

Btw, i entered Rhaknar's garbage giveaway but didn't get any message. Checking the post now i see it's says 'taken by Modbot'. lol?

Autofokus

I'm definitely going to run through the game again prior to 3 coming out as I don't have my old saves from GOG any more. That and try and make a dent in the Steam Achievements this time. I don't know how many mods there are out for 2 but the first had loads. I know EatChildren always used to shamelessly recommend his grass billbording mod. Though shadow rending is a very complex beast unto itself.

You should try mine for your pre-TW3 run. :)

Rhaknar

Btw, i entered Rhaknar's garbage giveaway but didn't get any message. Checking the post now i see it's says 'taken by Modbot'. lol?

its sentient o_O

I didnt get a receipt. Its weirding me out how I cant get rid of that game, it doesnt even look that bad and its quite recent, wtf is going on :p

Arthea

I don't get you. You are part of those users, should we disregard all of your opinions because you are part of steam community?
There are many good reviews on steam and on gamefaqs. Choosing what to read and pay attention to is a key, not dismissing millions of people and dumping them in one "horrible community" bin.

Kiru

its sentient o_O

I didnt get a receipt. Its weirding me out how I cant get rid of that game, it doesnt even look that bad and its quite recent, wtf is going on :p
I took it a few pages ago. Thanks btw. Seems garbage giveaways are like that. It even said you don't want PMs.

Rhaknar

I don't get you. You are part of those users, should we disregard all of your opinions because you are part of steam community?
There are many good reviews on steam and on gamefaqs. Choosing what to read and pay attention to is a key, not dismissing millions of people and dumping them in one "horrible community" bin.

im not part of the steam community at all, I dont participate in their forums or use their shitty rating facebook style system

derExperte

Yep, I've found a lot of helpful reviews there.

Someone here knows "4players" from Germany? It's even worse than IGN. The community must be under 12 years old in average.

I like 4p's reviews but keep away from the comments (like on almost every other site).

Turfster

I would say: I told you! but I'm not sure have you even read me saying it.
and it's more like an evil landlord bent on world domination trough renting apartments to demons and keeping them happy while they fight for his goals the game.

I think I vaguely remember you saying something quite a while ago, yes.
And yeah, it's also more... towertenement defense, I guess? ;)

Dr Dogg

Well I'm officially pants at SpeedRunners. At present I've got about as much tallest as Dunder has in his little toe. Time to gear up to a Rocky style training montage.

You should try mine for your pre-TW3 run. :)

Oooooh nice! I didn't know W2 had a section on Nexus. Will definitely have a look in at your UI mod.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

There is a lot of useful info for fixing game issues in the steam forum too but that gets shoved in the horrible community bin too :(

I loved Gone Home :/

It was a totally fine experience. I definitely respected it more once i found out about the whole
molestation
thing it had going. It also had an excellent soundtrack and it scratched my Shenmue i-need-to-rotate-everything itch.

But i also paid like $3 for it. I'd probably feel burned if i paid anything north of $5 for that game.

Rhaknar

There is a lot of useful info for fixing game issues in the steam forum too but that gets shoved in the horrible community bin too :(

ive never seen anyone say "dont use the steam forum fixes because that place is a cesspool", quite the opposite

Articalys

It was actually really, really good. It really reminded me of a Treasure game, had the sort of design with a bunch of gameplay twists and a bunch of awesome bosses in the style of Gunstar Heroes, but then gameplay matched up like a hybrid between Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, and also feeling like its own thing.
I know I am super late quoting/replying to this, but I got the same Treasure feeling just from the demo, though more from the music than the gameplay.

Side note: I still believe Gunstar Heroes has one of the greatest "stage clear" themes in all of gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom