• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I think I vaguely remember you saying something quite a while ago, yes.
And yeah, it's also more... towertenement defense, I guess? ;)

I like that!
As it's heaps better than tower defence, which this game is not, only borrows somewhat from that genre.
most of the time you manage apartments anyway

There is a lot of useful info for fixing game issues in the steam forum too but that gets shoved in the horrible community bin too :(

I don't do that, as I find useful info there all the time, only I don't post there.
Steam community is no more horrible than any other very large community of random people. There are good apples, bad apples and just apples. (><)

Dr Dogg

I'm sure "it's PC, who cares" probably has something to do with it.

Or the game is just a jank-fest
that i'll still pick up on sale

Hahaha it sounds from the reviews themselves as the problems people were having with Uplay. Thankfully I got in early and registered my key and went offline before the rush of people trying to do the same brought it down for lots of people on Steam let alone Uplay only copies. For me the game is alright it's just the performance I'm finding hard to tolerate and the lack of fixes or communication is more my concern with Ubisoft. It has made me reserve judgement on AC: Unity so I'll probably wait that out until it's released before committing to buy.
Yeah Dogg you keep telling yourself that as everyone knows I'm going to buy it eventually, janky or not

Who wants to play SpeedRunners soon?

I would but I'd make someone's alcoholic aunt look competent.

Well, this looks interesting.

That's a bizarre twist in retro throw backs. I thought we'd leave the wibbly-wobbly early 3D stuff in the dust. Still has that kind of Quake appeal to it so one to keep an eye on.

Well, this looks interesting.
Ah, the memories of Elite Force! Best Star Trek game I have ever played.
bed1.jpg

oh shit The Room is coming to steam remastered o_O

wasnt that really good on ipad?

considered by many the GOTY for ios the year it came out.

not sure how much that's because ios is like 80% garbage or how much that has to do with it being a great touchscreen experience. I guess it could also just be a good game regardless of the platform but i suppose we'll find out soon enough.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
ive never seen anyone say "dont use the steam forum fixes because that place is a cesspool", quite the opposite
Yep. I think of the Steam forums as a cesspool, with the occasional jewel with game fixes. Still, there are lots of terrible people there.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

not sure how much that's because ios is like 80% garbage or how much that has to do with it being a great touchscreen experience. I guess it could also just be a good game regardless of the platform but i suppose we'll find out soon enough.

It's a decent puzzle game, feels quite satisfying to be spinning this box around and trying to find all the hidden switches etc. Good to play in little bursts, as it's not particularly long. Not sure how well it'll translate to PC.

RS4-

Had a weird thing where I logged into a trash account to go through old dota inventory...and my main account inventory appeared.

Hmm.

Firebrand

Thief is £5.44 on GMG with voucher (P36EYA-K5JYKT-ABO7X9), or £6.25 for the "Master Thief" edition. Dishonored seems more interesting though, I should probably try that one first.

Is there a way in the activity tab, to open an image and scroll from there to the next one in that album?
Or does jshackles need to improve the Steam experience again?

Turfster

Thief is £5.44 on GMG with voucher (P36EYA-K5JYKT-ABO7X9), or £6.25 for the "Master Thief" edition. Dishonored seems more interesting though, I should probably try that one first.
Thi4f is not worth it, especially since it desperately tries to be more like Dishonored, almost.

Ozium

Yeah said the same for me I believe. Is the game really that bad? From what I've seen of people's opinions and impressions here, most liked it I thought.

"I've never actually played Gone Home, but my friend did and he said that if you don't like Gone Home then you're a bigot. So I love Gone Home." -Jim Sterling

"My friend played it and said, 'at least it's better than Dear Esther.'" - Ozium

edit: when do IG friday bundles usually go up?

Volimar

For those of you who liked Gone Home, you should get Serena. It's free. Though I imagine most everyone has it by now. Not as good as Gone Home, but in a similar vein.

No. I didnt want to believe the impressions. I thought it cant be that bad. And actually its not, but there are some seriously bad design decisions that ruin the fun.

You have some kind of hub-world, but the leveldesign is a mess. There are loading times between areas of the hubworld that are really annoying. The game itself though feels linear and while you are in the hubworld, you cant really find your way around the city.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thief will be my benchmark game for my new rig later this year when the new haswell cpus and the GTX800 series come out
because thats how fucking horribly optimized it is

milena87

Yeah said the same for me I believe. Is the game really that bad? From what I've seen of people's opinions and impressions here, most liked it I thought.

I liked it. Yes, Gone Home is fairly short, as it took me about 2 hours and I explored every inch of the house.
I would recommend it to everyone who likes exploration and "walking simulators", though. Especially if it's on sale / in a bundle. It was 4€ well spent.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Interfectum, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Interfectum, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Awesomenauts Cluck Costume -- MB-129C0F05DDAC45DA
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War -- MB-8233D0FD7ED430A8 - Taken by cyrok. 3 entrants total.
Dear Esther -- MB-DED4969964545DF0 - Taken by Creamium. 4 entrants total.
Teleglitch: Guns and Tunes -- MB-F831014EE4A32826 - Taken by bornlivedie. 9 entrants total.
Awesomenauts -- MB-C3A4A1E67F6452D2 - Taken by Pop. 1 entrants total.
Hotline Miami -- MB-EEE6CD063C9FED8B - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 5 entrants total.

t1406304834z1.png

Copons

I'd play some Speedrunners with y'all, if only to make Dr Dogg's aunt look competent.

or I could just challenge Dogg to a frantinc race consisting in constantly missing the hookable ceilings and falling on spikes

Aaron D.

Gone Home was an amazing experience and game for me.

Same. Purchased a launch copy and didn't regret it one bit. One of my favorite titles of 2013.

I've always contended that the boring old normal world, with normal people living normal lives, is one of the most fascinating undiscovered countries in video games.

For those of you who liked Gone Home, you should get Serena. It's free. Though I imagine most everyone has it by now. Not as good as Gone Home, but in a similar vein.

Thanks for the lead!

Metro 2033 says hello

Thi4f is worse.
At least metro 2033 doesn't have 5 minute loading screen obfuscators every 5 steps, also known as "now jigger open this window again, Gareth"

I was going to say metro but with the redux coming out soon I think that we'll finally have a version of the game that doesn't require Deep Blue to run at max settings.

the Witcher 2's Ubersampling option is a machine burner, along with whatever game has those PhysX bullshit options like Batman Oranges and the Bureau that make the fog look nice but also halve your FPS.

Grief.exe

oh shit The Room is coming to steam remastered o_O

wasnt that really good on ipad?

First thought was we were finally getting the Silent Hill PC ports on Steam!

Steam is going down a similar path of ios/android right now, so don't get too preachy about it ;).

Turfster

let me guess you have a AMD card

It runs really badly (much worse than it should) on AMD cards too ;)

Anyway, I'd love to stay and kvetch about everything wrong with thi4f, but I've got birthday stuff to do.
See you guys in many hours.
(Someone do today's steam update, please)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I don't think I'm going to bother playing any further in ACE COMBAT Steam Edition. They have zero sense of pacing, it just feels like an insane enemy spam in every single mission constantly and no down time ever. On top of that I have way too many missions left while already feeling exhaustion. Oh well. At least it saved me from buying it, which I might have if I had only played a single mission demo.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh.
Yes.

:>

aparently its a nvidia issue (usually its the other way around so its was due), or so says the internet. but yeah, it ran horribly and I actually gave up. It was actually a bit of a shock, I dont remember the last time I didnt just wak "MAX" on my games settings and just went with it

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Had a weird thing where I logged into a trash account to go through old dota inventory...and my main account inventory appeared.

Hmm.
Maybe Valve realized your main account is trash too and decided to merge them. Or your Steam Community cookies were from the other account or something.

Sarcasm

I have an oldish system.. i7 3770k and a gtx 670. Thief ran fine even with the annoying hidden loading screens.

Metro 2033 I couldn't get close to 60 FPS maxed..while playing. And screw the freakin library that made me rage -.-

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
:((

so mean.
Hey man, I'm just proposing hypotheses for this uncommon phenomenon, don't shoot the messenger!

But seriously, I think it must be the cookies. You probably logged in on Steam's main page while leaving your main account logged in the Community site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom