• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict

Nob ody wants th is?

ModBot said:
Instructions for Benedict:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
Pressured (Desura) -- MB-E7643165D077EB70
The Culling of the Cows -- MB-C5341F4792A672F8 - Taken by derExperte. 6 entrants total.
God Mode -- MB-0E12C694B84E85B8 - Taken by Ezalc. 10 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Ice Cream Surfer (Desura) -- MB-9C569023FAD626E8 - Taken by Jason Frost
El Matador -- MB-39647697C13E0D01 - Taken by Haunted. 7 entrants total.

t1405893731z1.png

jblank83

I'm almost finished with Legend of Grimrock and am suffering no fatigue at all. In fact, I need Grimrock 2 right now!

If you haven't played them, there are many classic dungeon crawlers out there, all of which play almost exactly like Grimrock. You shouldn't have any trouble picking up and playing any of them.

Here's a short list of some of the best:

Dungeon Master (SNES version)
Eye of the Beholder 1 and 2
Lands of Lore Throne of Chaos

EoB and LoL are arguably better than Grimrock, tbqh. LoL in particular, imo, is the height of the genre.

Also, thanks to whomever donated the Fortix key. Looks like a fun little game.

MadGear

I watched almost every game of TI3 last year and went to test out things I watched in games right when they were done, but this year I got too much going on in terms of wanting to finish some games out of my backlog before I have to get serious with school again, so no TI4 for me this year except some of the bigger matches. Dota 2 lounge betting seems different too, I actually won quite a bit betting on underdogs last year, but I don't really understand the new system so I'm not partaking this year. Dota 2 is fun but goddamn I spent like 400 hours playing the game, and god knows how much I used to play the original War3 mod back in 2006 -____-

Speaking of backlog, for me Dota 2 is probably the main reason it takes me forever to finish my games because this games nature is just really time consuming and once i start playing that game it is more than often the one game I'm playing that day (unless i rage quit :D).

I'm in the same boat. Ti3 consumed me. This year, I just don't feel like I have the energy for it. It doesn't help that I've also gotten out of it for a while.

I also don't know if it is just my impression, but it seems that there are more matches played at this event when compared to last year. With TI3 every loser bracket match was single elimination, whereas now every single encounter is a best of 3.

Last call for Morrowind!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KevMan1815, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Last call for Morrowind!

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition -- MB-CB4F71BE24EB4A75 - Taken by The Dear Leader

t1405891814z1.png

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
*hangs head* I am.
I remember going over to my cousin's to play, because he had a 386sx and VGA.
(Although I was still more proud of my higher Hercules res, of course ;)

I still remember having a 286 X__X ... and Atari 2600 O_O

StAidan

So I caved and purchased Butt Simulator before Deitus' giveaway was over, thinking that ModBot wouldn't choose me, so here is my penance. Apologies to Deitus and anyone else who suffered due to my impatience to start simulating those butts!

There seems to be a consistent pattern forming. If you want to win a ModBot giveaway, just buy the game shortly before the raffle ends!

Not that I'm complaining about another chance to win Divinity.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Why stop there when we can have all of the Megamans ever released on Steam in a nice bundle for $30-$40? Preferably without any lag. No lag=instantly bought.

Capcom is lazy so that would be asking for too much and more when Mega Man is dead to them.

I'm almost finished with Legend of Grimrock and am suffering no fatigue at all. In fact, I need Grimrock 2 right now!

colbertgiveittome.gif

Woah, I didn't know anything about this sequel, but the screenshots look amazing! The first game wasn't ugly, but generally dull and repetitive. I'm pretty impressed.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still kinda confused about why Megaman 9 & 10 didn't come out on PC.

It probably goes back to the whole "PC games aren't popular in Japan, so we won't release games on that platform" line of thought that some Japanese devs/pubs had/still have.

I kinda liked the turn based rpg megamans. I forget what they are called.

Are you thinking of the Battle Network games maybe? Never played them, so I don't know.

Kuroyume

Banned
Broforce looks cool. Has cool characters. And can be fun. However, it wears very thin very quickly. Just talking single player here...

Deitus

Alright, since someone was impatient and couldn't claim this, I'm re-listing the giveaway. Sorry it took so long, but I screwed up when I went to relist it and I had to nuke it again. I've dropped the Butt Simulator pretense this time around, because apparently that was too much temptation.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Deitus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

t1cxE6r.gif
Metal Gear Rising -- MB-7DDFFE6D05C6C996 - Taken by Kaper

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Metal Gear Rising was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1405901381z1.png

I believe the error at the end can be ignored. The key has not been claimed. If you win, and there is any issue receiving the game, just PM me and I'll send you the game directly.

-MD-

Broforce looks cool. Has cool characters. And can be fun. However, it wears very thin very quickly. Just talking single player here...

Yeah my buddy gifted me Broforce and it was a lot of fun for like 4 hours but it's so light on content that I didn't keep playing.

Hopefully they're working on giving the game some replayability because once you play all the characters a dozen times each that's kinda it.

Cheddahz

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom