• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
Hey I'm a little bit confused about Modbot rules.

How do you make it so that if you're doing multiple games giveaway, that you make it so everyone can enter for multiple games but you can only win one?

Jawmuncher

How do you make it so that if you're doing multiple games giveaway, that you make it so everyone can enter for multiple games but you can only win one?

Freeforall covers that.
You can enter for all but you'll only ever win one.

Only old school modbot let someone win multiple games in one raffle but stump fixed that ages ago.

iosefe

there's already the automatic 15 minute lockout, just hope everything is claimed.

Ventara

I thought it throttles you after a win, so you won't be able to win multiple games from a single giveaway, though I do recall someone winning two in a giveaway, I think, but I think that was supposed to be really rare.

iosefe

I thought it throttles you after a win, so you won't be able to win multiple games from a single giveaway, though I do recall someone winning two in a giveaway, I think, but I think that was supposed to be really rare.

if it was marco's thing, that was an error of the codes being the same

drakaenae

Spare Modbot codes for anyone who wants them:

Paradigm Shift -- MB-3AFE8E570753E01F - Taken by drakaenae. 3 entrants total.
Plain Sight -- MB-AD497493D2203B24 - Taken by ShogunX. 1 entrants total.
Instant Dungeon! (Desura) -- MB-A3841F1F4F1A8989 - Taken by Popstar. 1 entrants total.
Universe Sandbox -- MB-3CA7B47DB4E72366 - Taken by Alduin. 2 entrants total.
Thanks for Paradigm Shift!

Shadownet

Banned
Freeforall covers that.
You can enter for all but you'll only ever win one.

Only old school modbot let someone win multiple games in one raffle but stump fixed that ages ago.

FREEFORALL & NOWINNERSDAILY?

there's already the automatic 15 minute lockout, just hope everything is claimed.

I don't see a FREEFORALL RULE.

Link to Modbot Rules

iosefe

I don't see a FREEFORALL RULE.

Link to Modbot Rules

MULTIENTRY
If you are giving away multiple keys and want the same person to be able to enter for and win more than one (this may be especially useful with a RAFFLE; combine with NOWINNERSDAILY so that people can enter for multiple games in a RAFFLE but only win one), use this rule.

yup. there's the automatic delay of course, but winners daily ensures that one persone doesn't get all the desura keys

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, each dialogue line has between 2 and 6 possible replies, with different states of mind that influence how people think and feel about your character(s).

I really need to pick up Unrest in the future. I wish it had came out earlier than it did, would have bought it sooner.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing all the DS Castlevanias on steam ... those were some pretty cool games

The DS Castlevania games would probably play great on PC if handled right.

Shadownet

Banned
Here it is!

Ah excellent, thank you. So just combine the MULTIENTRY rule with NOWINNERDAILY rule to guaranteed no one win it twice?

but does that mean if someone won an earlier giveaway during the day. does that mean they'll be block? Because of the NOWINNERDAILY rule?

Caerith

If it's a big-enough giveaway and it takes long enough for ModBot to process all the entries, it's possible to win a game then have the auto-throttle wear off in time to win another, but it would need to be like a 100+ game giveaway for that to happen.

Ah excellent, thank you. So just combine the MULTIENTRY rule with NOWINNERDAILY rule to guaranteed no one win it twice?

but does that mean if someone won an earlier giveaway during the day. does that mean they'll be block? Because of the NOWINNERDAILY rule?

Yep.

Edit: if you do MULTIENTRY, NOWINNERDAILY, and the 24-hour raffle, then people will only be blocked if they enter and win a giveaway between the time you post your giveaway and the time it ends. Of course then it gets all risky, like "do I enter for this 3-hour in the meantime or hold off on entering anything just in case."

Shadownet

Banned
Just don't NOWINNERSDAILY. It isn't necessary anymore

Yep.

Edit: if you do MULTIENTRY, NOWINNERDAILY, and the 24-hour raffle, then people will only be blocked if they enter and win a giveaway between the time you post your giveaway and the time it ends. Of course then it gets all risky, like "do I enter for this 3-hour in the meantime or hold off on entering anything just in case."

hmmm thanks for all the help guys :) It's a shame there isn't a MULTYENTRYONEWIN rule for something like this.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
The DS Castlevania games would probably play great on PC if handled right.

that's exactly what I was thinking :) besides - those games were pretty much single-screen anyway ... so it's not like they'd have to completely redo half of the game to get it on PC

We are talking about Konami here, the second dumbest fucks in gaming next to Disney.

yeah, I know - that's what I said few pages back (before the post you replied to :p) - Konami hates money ;)

I majored in English-with-a-creative-writing-emphasis, but it wasn't hard to guess/confirm-via-internet that he was using some kind of conversion-- the use of special characters (==, ][, etc) point to this rather than a classic cipher-- so it was just a matter of plugging stuff into various converters until something matches.
(I am in the process of learning Python, but that had nothing to do with my guessing.)
Things are going to get very tricky when someone hides their giveaway codes in invisible text and you'll need to soak your browser in lemon juice to reveal them.
Nice write-up. But that's exactly what a spy would say. You can't fool me.
Besides, what's the story of your avatar (apart from looking mean & condescending as heck 【・_・?】)
Had a bit of a read around on Gunman Chronicles. [...]
Man I remember my friends making me believe this being the sequel to Half-Life. Had the weirdest feeling when playing therefore, ha.

Anyone played Only If yet?

The tags are conflicting: They call it "Walking Simulator" (aka non-game like Gone Home) but they also call it "Adventure" and "Puzzle" (making me think of things like Myst and Riven.)

Also, putting actual meme pictures in the achievements? That makes me want to stay away from this game like the plague.

Today I finished Lili: Child of Geos, and.. eh, didn't like it, at all. The main missions are basically the same mini game over and over again. There are some side missions, mostly collect this and that, but I didn't care about those. It's a repetitive ~2.5 hours game, I would not recommend it at that price tag. (and what's up with some of the sound effects quality? They sound like something out of a gameboy)

But hey, at least it looks lovely. Took some screenshots, though I couldn't get the free cam UE3 commands to work.

that's a shame but to be expected. i put it on my wishlist mainly for its visuals. will buy at a low price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom