• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
An IGA collection of Castlevania's on Steam is a line to print money. Loads of peeps in here, myself included would snap them up in a heartbeat even if it was just ISO/ROMs dumped and emulated

but Konami hates money ... you know that very well ;)

Hugstable

Banned
An IGA collection of Castlevania's on Steam is a line to print money. Loads of peeps in here, myself included would snap them up in a heartbeat even if it was just ISO/ROMs dumped and emulated

You know me all to well!! If I could have Aria of Sorrow, Circle of the Moon, Order of Ecclesia and Symphony of the Night all on Steam, I would buy them the second it's available.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wasn't saw 8 rumoured for 2015? Any excuse for a new game right?

Yeah, Lionsgate is prepping another entry. Konami being contracted for another game seems like an odd proposition, though, given the first two pretty much bombed.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
An IGA collection of Castlevania's on Steam

x9Hbd1a.gif

Oh god, that would be incredible.

Tellaerin

I now don't think that i want to replay Unreal, guess i prefer it to be the game i remember even if thats not the game it actually is :)

I still go back and replay the original Unreal every year or so. I think it holds up better than Gunman Chronicles (and I've still got my CD for that around here somewhere - thanks for reminding me!)

diablogod

(Reposting before this ends)

Thanks to Ventara for this.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (diablogod, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ys: The Oath in Felghana -- MB-BBC23B30C6B52ADD - Taken by Cosmic Schwung. 32 entrants total.

t1406335452z1.png

HoosTrax

Are tractor trailers limited to 55mph in Europe? My truck can't seem to go any faster than that.

I see them flying down the highway at 70mph+ all the time in real life, so it seemed odd.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Holy hell, Gods Will Be Watching can die in a fire.

I've seen anyone who has made it to the 5th chapter moan about it, and now I know why. I thought the game was turning a corner on the last 2 chapters. Nope, it's just decided to save it's most frustrating bull for last.

The whole premise of the level is based on pure luck. If anything sums up this games problems succinctly it's this section.

You're not making me want to go back to it any time soon with impressions like those :/

I'd buy a collection like that.

Anyone played Only If yet?

Having seen Jim Sterling's video of the game, I recommend forgetting that it exists entirely.

Basically, it seems like a game that tries to be 2deep4you but actually can't pull it off. Imagine a terribly voice acted protagonist wandering around areas meaninglessly while a poor man's Vaas that can't voice act for his life spouts memes, racist shit, and puzzles at you.

Dr Dogg

but Konami hates money ... you know that very well ;)

Square Enix are in the same camp. I'd snafu up Chrono Trigger on sight and Jshackles would love the missing earlier Final Fantasy's. In fact I think again a lot if us would. And I thought it was just Disney who were protective over their IP.

You know me all to well!! If I could have Aria of Sorrow, Circle of the Moon, Order of Ecclesia and Symphony of the Night all on Steam, I would buy them the second it's available.

x9Hbd1a.gif

Oh god, that would be incredible.

Now we just have to hope our resident Konami rep is watching. Saying that I haven't seen the chap after Rising came out.

Is there any game of Speedrunners still open for a half-drunk Copons?

I'm sure if you squint your eyes real tight as well as being half cut you see quadruple the amount of characters on screen. Bam! Instant 4 player action.

USPS not updating package info for ~24 hours pisses me off. When oh when will you be able to watch a little truck on google maps deliver your package to you? I needs ma headphones :|

Talyn

Are tractor trailers limited to 55mph in Europe? My truck can't seem to go any faster than that.

I see them flying down the highway at 70mph+ all the time in real life, so it seemed odd.
Euro Truck Simulator 2? Yeah, they have a speed limiter. You can disable it in the options menu.

Turfster

Finished my first Unrest playthrough.
I can see it not being for everyone, but personally, I loved the hell out of it.
Yes there's a lot of reading to be done, but the game lets you shape the story all by yourself, from all sides of the conflict. Even some things that seem possibly trivial have their repercussions further down the line, and from what I've seen by reading through the lines and looking at the other choices, there really are very different possible outcomes for the story.

HoosTrax

USPS not updating package info for ~24 hours pisses me off. When oh when will you be able to watch a little truck on google maps deliver your package to you? I needs ma headphones :|
Never, because the Post Office doesn't want people stalking the mailman and intercepting the mail truck to beg for their package.

Euro Truck Simulator 2? Yeah, they have a speed limiter. You can disable it in the options menu.
Thanks. I'm guessing disabling it isn't going to do wonders for my fuel consumption...

cluQylA.png

When we are playing: Estimate Time
t1406334600z4.png

Information said:
What is this?:
NeoGAF Games Night is a designated time where gaffers can play games together. This is a casual enviornment, players from all skill levels are welcome! Join the NeoGAF Games Night group to receive a notification through steam when an event has been scheduled and when it starts. PM anyone in the group for an invite.

What we are playing:
We will be playing All Pick in a private lobby. This is a newbie friendly game, anyone is free to join.

How to join us:
Add me as a friend on steam and in the main menu of DOTA2 look under the Play tab->Find a Lobby->Friend Lobbies.

Players (Currently full but feel free to put your name down for reserves as we may be playing more than one game)
  1. phoenix296
  2. Shadownet
  3. SteveWinwood
  4. Reckoner
  5. InvisibleStride
  6. Uzzy
  7. MMBosstones86
  8. Indignate
  9. Hugstable
  10. Easton Dark

Reserves/Casters/Coaches
  1. _hekk05
  2. dave is ok
  3. iosefe
  4. 73V3N
  5. rookiejet
  6. *
  7. *
  8. *
  9. *

If anyone has the streaming capability who wants to cast that would be awesome. Come join us and have fun!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Square Enix are in the same camp. I'd snafu up Chrono Trigger on sight and Jshackles would love the missing earlier Final Fantasy's. In fact I think again a lot if us would. And I thought it was just Disney who were protective over their IP.

I think most of us would buy Chrono Trigger either immediately on during its first major sale. It seems like something that would make SE a lot of money, but of course they haven't done it yet. I wouldn't mind buying the other FF's at some point too.

Finished my first Unrest playthrough.
I can see it not being for everyone, but personally, I loved the hell out of it.
Yes there's a lot of reading to be done, but the game lets you shape the story all by yourself, from all sides of the conflict. Even some things that seem possibly trivial have their repercussions further down the line, and from what I've seen by reading through the lines and looking at the other choices, there really are very different possible outcomes for the story.

It's good to see that Unrest might have turned out really good. If there are different outcomes and small things that have repercussion, then I'm guessing that the conversation system turned out well, right?

wilflare

someone take this? XD

ModBot said:
Instructions for wilflare:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (wilflare, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Revenge of the Titans -- MB-57683292B1A8662B - Taken by Emperor_EL. 7 entrants total.

t1406267810z1.png

"A Trick of the Tail" is my favorite Genesis album. A mix of proggier leanings with moments of absolute beauty (Mad Man Moon and Entangled) with Phil's softer voice before he went all angry-baldy due to his divorce. I actually think they peaked, as a band, between 1973 and 1976. After that, it was never the same..
Love that album myself, it got me into Genesis and prepared me for the earlier albums (Trespass through Selling England is a really great run). Ripples is a really nice example of prog with commercial appeal...helps that it's very memorable and well-developed. '80s Genesis just doesn't do it for me.

Cave Story is driving me nuts.
Mostly too easy for me, though. The Final Cave onward actually plays well thanks to the difficulty spike.

When I played Doom 1 I was surprised how well it held up personally. Especially when compared to Wolfenstein 3D.
That's because pre-Doom FPSes were too slow as maze games and too simple as dungeon-crawling experiences (not counting Ultima Underworld, which was always about dungeon-crawling). OG Doom was the first to hit a great balance between action and exploration, a seamless fusion of Western and Eastern gaming influences.

Playing through those two levels made me really miss old style shooters. I love the intricate, complex level design, the fast movement speed and combat, keycards, secret areas, health packs, and lite puzzles. It's such a good game that exemplifies that era of fps game design, and I miss that era so much...

If you haven't already played the Jedi Knight series, I highly recommend you buy them on Steam.
Seconding this recommendation.

I'm surprised you enjoyed the opening two maps so much. Most players just want to wave the laser-schlong around as soon as possible, but there's a lot of tension to dodging blaster fire and dancing between groups of enemies that's lost in FPSes today. You have to be in the right frame of mind for this to appeal to you, I guess. At least I know now why Stormtroopers have a hard time landing hits.

Been away a few days, but count me aboard the TitS train. For this, you guys are going to join my A-Train, okay?

Turfster

It's good to see that Unrest might have turned out really good. If there are different outcomes and small things that have repercussion, then I'm guessing that the conversation system turned out well, right?

Yup, each dialogue line has between 2 and 6 possible replies, with different states of mind that influence how people think and feel about your character(s).

Dr Dogg

I think most of us would buy Chrono Trigger either immediately on during its first major sale. It seems like something that would make SE a lot of money, but of course they haven't done it yet. I wouldn't mind buying the other FF's at some point too.

Seeing SE's love for Apple and iOS you'd have thought they have made wave with SteamPlay Mac versions of their back catalog. Not like I'm strapped for stuff to play but hey I like to horde things!

fantomena

For some weird reason I cant log into Steam on another laptop. My account is not hackled since it's logged on on my phone and my mail works.

Edit: It worked.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Seeing SE's love for Apple and iOS you'd have thought they have made wave with SteamPlay Mac versions of their back catalog. Not like I'm strapped for stuff to play but hey I like to horde things!

I actually wouldn't mind seeing all the DS Castlevanias on steam ... those were some pretty cool games

rookiejet

*drumroll* Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the SteamGAF Games Night Saturday Night Showdown.

nKzeUFw.png

In this event this weekend, it shall be decided who is SteamGAF's Champion Lord of the Scrubs in Super Street Fighter IV AE. Your champion lord will be bestowed the most glorious award, the Belt of Glory, to wear on their avatar and flaunt for all time! Or till next Showdown, where others again have the chance to attain such glory, and could part the champion of their belt, returning him or her to lowly scrubdom.

*behold the glory*

hGn0Cwo.png

The event will start at 8:00pm EDT, and will begin with an hour of free-form Endless Mode matches, so everyone could get a feel for the game if they are new or returning. The tournament will start at 9:00pm EDT. Entrants for the tournament can submit their bids in the group chat during the showdown, and we'll coordinate multiple brackets if attendance justifies it. Endless Matches will resume after the tournament.

Add me or MarcoZombieCannon to be invited to the group chat at the start of the event. Streaming will occur at my twitch channel and optionally at MarcoZombieCannon's.

Come one, come all; let the hunger for glory consume you. Don't hesitate for lack of experience, or worry about looking bad. As is the intention of every GAF Games Night, we're playing for fun and playing to learn. Except this time the stakes are huge.

See you then!

---

t1406422800z1.png

Altazor

Love that album myself, it got me into Genesis and prepared me for the earlier albums (Trespass through Selling England is a really great run). Ripples is a really nice example of prog with commercial appeal...helps that it's very memorable and well-developed. '80s Genesis just doesn't do it for me.

wha's your opinion on Duke, mate? It's either seen as the last "prog" album they did (which means it's fondly remembered), or their first foray into pop (which means it's hated for changing the band). I'm definitely on the former camp - but I do like 80s Genesis, despite the obvious differences in musical styles.

Ozium

Strange. Why did no one take it? Looks interesting and has VR support.

Took it Ozium. Thanks for that.

it says there were 3 entrants so they may have been throttled or entered for more than one (I had 7 in that giveaway and it was a FFA) and they won something else first... dunno

enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom